2 Bay Avenue
Highlands, NJ 07732Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bahrslanding.com/
- Phone: 7328721245x10
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, German
- Executive Chef: Kenneth "Butchie" Greenwaldt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Specialize in clambakes and yacht service.
- Private Party Facilities: BANQUET FACILITIES UP TO 125, MEETING ROOMS, CLAMBAKES, CHRISTENINGS, FUNERALS, REHERSAL
- Private Party Contact: Jay 7328721245x1018
- Entertainment: Karaoke Friday & Saturday in bar room.
Frankie & Sherilyn Sundays at the dockside Dive bar (summer) inside bar (winter)
- Special Events: OKTOBERFEST MENU 7 Days From September thru November....Alaskan King Crab Harvest Friday Nights! Grab a fork an come taste the "Deadliest Catch"! (February- August)
A word from Bahrs Landing
Since 1917 the Bahrs family has been serving fresh seafood, big lobsters and choice steaks to happy diners from all over the world. Plus OKTOBERFEST Menu from September - November! Located at the entrance to Sandy Hook National Seashore, Bahrs Landing features 37 picture windows with views of Shrewsbury River and Atlantic Ocean, plus outdoor “Dockside Dining”. One of the Jersey Shore’s true landmark establishments, it is truly the quintessential Jersey seafood dining experience! Bahrs Landing sources the freshest fish, lobster, clams and oysters both caught locally and from distant waters. Many items on the menu are served traditionally, simple fresh and bountiful. Don’t miss the Alaskan King Crab Harvest Fest on Fridays. Famous patron’s over the years include, Frank Sinatra, Joe DiMaggio, Mel Tormey, President Eisenhower, John BonJovi. Lunch & dinner 7 days. Always plenty of rooms available for large groups. Indoor & outdor bars Karaoke Friday & Saturday, live musicContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bahrs Landing - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Bahrs Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (106)great for outdoor dining (89)good for groups (43)special occasion (42)great for lunch (36)neighborhood gem (32)kid-friendly (32)fit for foodies (23)romantic (21)great for brunch (16)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (8)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- OverallprisonbahrsDined on 9/13/2014Every thing was great but the service was little slow but acceptable.. The weather could have been a little brighter so the view could be appreciated.Would return.Special Features:
- Great views !JazzandFoodFanDined on 9/12/2014Bahr's has great views, very good service and reasonably OK food.Special Features:
- again excellentdanoDined on 9/7/2014Again an excellent meal. Service, food selection and quality were tops as expected.Special Features:
- Rpg7711VIPDined on 8/30/2014Not luxurious, but excellent fresh seafood in casual seaside location. Ask for window table with pretty view of Bay and local boats. Lobster, bluefish, and flounder dinners were all fresh and delicious..as were the New England clam chowder soups and great biscuits. Peach cobbler was homemade and fantastic. Great place for good seafood in seaside New Jersey restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday nightDaiseycat1Dined on 8/28/2014We came last minute - but first called open table- outside was very busy but too windy for us- our waiter Ariel was lovely and very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the setting-not the foodElaineVIPDined on 8/27/2014My husband ordered the baked blue fish which unexpectedly came piled high with tomato bruschetta. I had fish and chips. Nothing remarkable about anything we ordered and both meals came with a sad little dish of gray cole slaw. They do have splits of Prosecco which is good when only one person is drinking. It's nice to watch the boats go by though so you can overlook a lot.Special Features:
- crabcakeDined on 8/26/2014Best crab cake ever. Would like to invest in franchises at marinas - it would show the real authentic Jersey Shore, not the NY media version.Special Features:
- Great food with seaside ambiancelovethetheatreDined on 8/24/2014Bahrs has been a seaside favorite of ours for many years. The table service was great and they are very organized in the kitchen. Each course came out just as we finished the one before. And this was while they were very crowded both outside and in. The seafood was very good. The outside tables are overlooking the marina and it is just lovely on a summer night.Special Features:
- Pleasant spot, good foodgreychiefDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed the meal, enjoyed the view, enjoyed the service. Only one bump in the road --- the number of guests. I made the reservation (confirmed) for a window table for a party of four. but when we arrived there was the impression that it was for only two. That misunderstanding was repeated by our waitress, who apparently was not informed of the right number by management. The other couple, who arrived after us were not told that we were already seated (I don't know if they asked) and were shown to a separate table. Fortunately, we found each other and enjoyed the rest of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place with delicious foodlovetheshoreDined on 8/22/2014Had a birthday party for my husband with 18 friends. ..we were treated very well. ..excellent food. ..the waitresses even learned all our names and called us by name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced MediocrityCharlybassetDined on 8/18/2014This place is huge and accommodates a lot of people. Very busy bc when UR visiting Sandy Hook or Atlantic Highlands, it is a Jersey Shore standard. It seems like they are trying to make their year's "nut" within 3 months. Food is way overpriced...$50 for 2 King Crab Legs??? wtf? Most entrees verge on $30+ for what really should be about $23.95. On the + side, they sure sell a serious amount of Brazilian Lobster tails. Overall, the seafood quality (freshness and preparation) is about a 3.5/5. It's just an ok place, about the norm for a seasonal Jersey shore restaurant. Service was awesome and they were really nice, which was a pleasant change from the begrudging service I'm used to in NYC. Biscuits were awesome!Special Features:
- Spectacular view! Good food.WorldTravelerVIPDined on 8/17/2014Crab cakes are award winning and worth a try. I've had better, but these are quite good. That's all I can say. Sangria is blah. Bear was OK. Lobster special? Well, lobster is lobster. Nothing's wrong with lobster, but nothing to write home about. View is spectacular! Live music at the bar and people were dancing. That was nice. The terrace is downstairs. Better view is upstairs, but indoors. Decision to make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great againdanoDined on 8/17/2014We try and go there once a month over the summer. Food is just terrific and we usually get a table with a window view. It's so nice and relaxing to be able to enjoy our meal and watch the local scenery. Seafood and the Jersey shore, it just doesn't get any better.Special Features:
- Delish dishes and friendly serviceCaddycatDined on 8/15/2014-One of my favorite places because of the view, the service and the unbelievably scrumptious steamed clams. We love an early visit, a great Bloody Mary, Steamers and a fine dinner accompanied by friendly and gracious service. Now normally, I'm not a fan of blue crab meat, but since they won many awards for their crab cakes. I thought I'd try them and yes, I gotta say they were very good ~not bready~Served with fresh seasonal veggies and small red bliss potatoes ~ yummy. Looks like the night life would be fun too, but we're a little long in the tooth for that. Their outside dining appears like it would be fun -especially late in the evening or after dark. The views are of the water are relaxing and calming. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014Bahr's is the perfect place for a late summer afternoon meal in Monmouth. Excellent local seafood (try the Jersey Bluefish or any of the great fried shellfish), delicious homemade biscuits and slaw to start out, great local beer (wish you could buy Carton Brewery beers in a store), and fantastic waterfront ambience (sit outside! ). Abs if you go on a weekday, it's not even crowded. A true local gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Historic and Memorable Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Wonderful, comfortable cozy indoor dining and beautiful patio with lovely view for outdoor dining! Excellent seafood (and food, in general!) and great service! Fun outdoor bar with scenic views of the Bay and the Twin Lights! Great atmosphere - indoors AND outdoors! Outstanding and memorable dining experience!Special Features:
- excellent raw bar!!!!!!!!!SteffffDined on 8/10/2014the raw bar is excellent - oysters and clams are huge and fresh as can be. the food is over priced but good. I would only suggest getting seafood.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014I have been wanting to come here for ever but never was able to until Sunday 8/10/14. We were seated immediately with a fantastic view. The food was excellent as was the service. We will back as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best experiencekasloapDined on 8/9/2014We have been to Bahrs many times before and have had wonderful experiences. This past Saturday night however was not.Luckily we made a reservation via open table and were seated within 15 minutes of our arrival instead of the 45-60 minutes wait walk ins were told. We did note at least 6 tables remained throughout our time there. Our server was prompt in taking our drink orders, howerver it took 20 minutes to receive them. We had to remind her twice to bring us ice water which took 30 minutes. Our chowders were served warm but one had a hair in it, which was sent back. They did not charge us for the chowders.Calamari was to be served with the other's soup did not arrive until right before our entres.Ended up taking it home.Crab cakes A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, Food only OKJAS36Dined on 8/9/2014Party of 4 we were promptly seated. Great view of the river and passing boats from our window seats. Service was prompt and efficient. Noise level was HIGH. Food only OK for what we paid(4 people/$250.00 including tip). IMO not worth the price for the quality. Crab Cakes were large but too much filling and not a lot of crab. Stuffed shrimp were over done and dry. Our friends both ordered blackened Mahi Mahi they said were just "OK". Kitchen needs to understand how to cook fish "correctly". We split 2 orders of Key Lime pie for desert. Good but tasted "commercial". Summer prices and a great view. Drinks are generous so maybe go for drinks, apps and skip the main courses? Enjoy the view.Special Features:
- Great crab cakes and water view!robinmalleyDined on 8/8/2014Excellent crab cakes! Took the leftovers home and ate them cold the next day. They were still excellent cold! The biscuits were delicious as was he cole slaw!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014This restaurant has not lost its zest! Have been going to the restaurant since the 60's, but this was the first time in quite awhile. Food is still outstanding, the crabcakes were the best I have eaten. Broiled scallops were also excellent. Our server did a great job pleasing many tables in a timely manner. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expecting more, got lessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014We were looking forward to a basic seafood dinner, celebrating a birthday. We waited a long time for our food, but the warm biscuits were welcome and tasty, as was the rich New England clam chowder. The stuffed lobster arrived overcooked and tough, while on the seafood platter the scallops were small and there were only two tough small shrimp. One expects something succulent but this was a disappointment. When our waitress asked how everything was, we told her. The manager apologized and took 20% off the bill, as well as including some extra shrimp in our doggy bag.Special Features:
- familyof4Dined on 7/25/2014Food was good all around and Crab Fest was amazing!Special Features:
- DisappointedOldBridgeCoupleDined on 7/25/2014I wanted to take my wife out for a lobster tail dinner for our 27th wedding anniversary and chose Bahrs. The $7.00 lobster bisque was salty and had no meat in it. The $13.00 crab salad was blah and had candied mandarins probably from a can. Lobster was overcooked. Although the service was good the food was less than average especially for the price. Bill was $120 for 2.
- Serene Dining on the WaterRJP34Dined on 7/25/2014I brought my mom on her 86th birthday and she was so overwhelmed by the beauty of sitting outside by the water that she cried with memories of her younger days with my dad and our many trips to Sandy Hook. The food was terrific - a good assortment to please anyone. Our server, Costas, was exceptional. It was a wonderful day out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MayorDVIPDined on 7/22/2014A reliable gem along the Jersey Shore Food is consistently dependable. Good drinks. Always a welcoming and warm staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larry KLarryTheKDined on 7/19/2014Early dinner at 5, service was quick but friendly, food was fresh and done just right. A little pricy but thats NJ and generous portions. Overall a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatDined on 7/18/2014The place is very crowded on weekends but the people who work there are very pleasant and we all enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BMCBMEKCDined on 7/18/2014Atmosphere at Restaurant outside is relaxing on a nice day with the view, however, menu is very limited, pricey and someone needs to pay a little more attention to the bathrooms, ladies, in particular. The bathrooms were gross for a restaurant such as Bahrs. Most surprising. Would not necessarily go back anymore even though I've been there several times. Like it less and less each time except for the outside seating with the view.Special Features:
- hot day, cold foodDisneynjDined on 7/17/2014broiled seafood platter came with a fishy tasting fillet, hot shrimp and lukewarm fried clams. The roasted potatoes were raw, couldn't even bite into them. The coleslaw could have used some sugar.Special Features:
- Apps were great, but that's allJanBapDined on 7/12/2014Got a last-minute Saturday night reservation for a party of 7. That should have been a clue to avoid this place. The appetizers were very good, but it went downhill after that. Apps were fresh steamed littleneck clams - very good. Fried calamari - tasty. Homemade hot biscuits for the table - delicious. After a very long wait, our entrees came, and they were all rather disappointing. Assorted types of fish were ordered and everything either tasted odd or was overcooked. Drinks were just okay - my cosmo tasted like straight vodka. A John Daly was made southern-style and not traditional per the menu. It's right on the water but underneath the bridge to Sandy Hook so, while pleasant, not tremendously scenic.
- Not a great service vs previous.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Usually we get a good service, but this last time our food took almost an hour to arrive to the table and the fish was dry and overcooked, the place was not even too crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fresh seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014We dined at Bahrs on a busy 4th of July weekend. The food was very good (simply prepared fresh seafood), and the service was also very good, especially since they were extremely busy. Our party ordered several of the seafood specials - nobody was disappointed. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesWaltszDined on 7/5/2014You will always be satisfied, a great restaurant. Been here almost 100 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 4th TreatirishroverDined on 7/4/2014had dinner on the 4th outside on deck service was great drinks and food good bonus was distant views of NYC fireworks just a real enjoyable casual evening we will return there is an outside bar and tables as well as inside dining and tables based on your choiceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Food was very good, waitress was super and the bartender very friendly, funny and social.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinearoundVIPDined on 7/4/2014Always reliable for good food and fresh seafood. Enjoyed our dinner but it was a little pricey. Good wine list, reasonably priced..Special Features:
- JHi@BLJeHiVIPDined on 7/3/2014Fish was from same day catch and prepared well. Salad was a bit uninspired.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014I've been coming to Bahrs Landing for years. It's one of the very best restaurants in NJ and the view is FANTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.