Bahama Island Steakhouse
3690 The Barnyard
Carmel, CA 93923Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Bahama Island Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bahamaislandsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8316260430
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bahama Island Steakhouse
Bahama Island Steakhouse is a full service restaurant and bar. Enjoy one of the many hand cut steaks or the freshest local seafood prepared to perfection. On Friday and Saturday nights treat yourself to a Prime rib dinner, a local favorite. Start your afternoon or evening off with a colorful Caribbean cocktail from the bar, or pair your entree with one of our many award winning wines from our newly expanded list. Weather your on our dog-friendly patio with stone fire pit and heating lamps, or inside by the fireplace, Bahama Island steakhouse is a perfect get away for lunch or dinner. Bahama is located at the Barnyard off of Carmel Rancho Blvd., plenty of free parking is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bahama Island Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sonoma County DinerssusanDined on 11/8/2013We had high expectations for our first evening in Carmel where we had come for a long weekend with friends. I think we dined a little too late to get dinners that were not overdone. Other than the killer bread and sweet potato fries, most of us were not that thrilled with the food preparations. Since the restaurant was experiencing a transition to a different them, I think we were caught in the middle. Our waitress outdid herself, though; she was charming, friendly, and attentive, and that saved the day.Special Features:
- Missed Birthday CakeBuddahGolfVIPDined on 10/9/2013Food was good with the menu practially the same as when Bill Lee owned the restaurant. ** My wife made a reservation noting my 66th birthday, and we were anticipating the birthday dessert that another couple received while we were dining - we just got the check w/o the birthday dessert. ** Yes, we will come back as the food is goodSpecial Features:
- Island Vibe in CarmelcarmelcoasttravelerDined on 10/4/2013Located in the Barnyard Shopping Village, Bahama Island Steakhouse is a great place do dine al fresco around their roaring fire pit. In cool Carmel, a major plus. Dog-friendly patio. Food was very good--excellent macadamia nut crusted halibut and rare ahi tuna with super wasabi sauce. Sadly, not all seafood selections are a sustainable choice, but plenty of other things to choose from. Entrees on the high side but plate loaded with wonderfully prepared vegetables. Wine list a bit over-priced. Service was good, if spotty. Took a very long time to place our order. Had to ask a couple of times for water, but server and bus person exceptionally friendly. Will return and try one of the signature beef dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013We have dined here on several occasions and they have the same issue they did when they were Bahama Billy's...The service is too damn slow! We dined outside and half the tables were empty yet we waited a very long time to get our drinks and to give our order. The food came fairly quick and was delicious but we had to wait longer than usual for our server to come back and ask us if we wanted any desert. I had originally placed on having a piece of cake but I did not want our guest to have to sit another half hour while we waited on it. Ambiance is nice, the people are friendly and the food is a little overpriced but well worth it. QUICKER SERVICE!Special Features:
- Gone downhill!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2013We ate here before, but I think it must have changed hands. Everything was fair (and that's being generous). Pleasant waiter, but salad was late in coming, doused in dressing. Entree was extremely late in coming. Hoisin salmon had no hoisin and almost no taste. Restaurant was almost empty (and now we understand why). We would not come back!!
- Like it but not love itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013We had a very good waitress and service but the food service was very slow. Wine by the glass the portion seem to be a little small. The food was good but not great.Special Features:
- Great outdoor diningLocalVIPDined on 5/1/2013The food is really good and if you should want something that is not on the menu it is no problem. The fish taco special was amazing and large enough to share. The chicken mango salad is a winner. Consistent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little bit of everythingdogloverVIPDined on 4/29/2013We stopped for dinner, wanting something casual and moderately priced. We got just that. Our server, Blake, was a delight. Very knowledgable about the menu. My husband ordered a rice bowl, and it was delicious. I ordered a filet, and it and the accompanying veggies and potatoes were bland. They have a small wine list, but a few nice options.Special Features:
- Bahama Billy's is a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2013Bahama Billy's is a wonderful restaurant with great service! It's great for kids and special occasions! Fantastic selection of menu and beverage items!Special Features:
- Great nightJayceeVIPDined on 3/30/2013This restaurant is in the Barnyard Center in Carmel. It is a really nice restaurant, great decor. We sat by the fireplace. It was wonderful. The waitress was great, friendly, helpful.Special Features:
- Bad Customer ServiceDani2ItalianDined on 3/30/2013The waiters need to be more courteous. The waitress misunderstood my order and brought me wrong food entree, when i asked politely if they would exchange it, she first had a very rude disapproving body language with facial expression. When I made her realize it was her mistake, she agreed to switch the entree, but she put the same side order from the previous plate and was cold.
- Perhaps going out. of business.cloverDined on 3/10/2013Perhaps going out. of business. . used to be exploding with people. Economy possibly to blame for less, very less, attendance. Pretty good on the food still I'm happy to say. Other factor on crowd was that it was Sunday. But Sunday used to be brimming with folks!
- Nice restaurant. Fair serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2012Had a very nice evening here. Food was very good. Servers were always polite, though several times forgetful. We had to ask for all extras twice. Silverware consistently came after our meal. That lag time is torture....just staring at your food....weighing a breech of etiquette by using your fingers vs letting my crab crusted halibut sit and loose heat and moisture. All and all we enjoyed our eve and the staff was friendly and polite. I know how hard their jobs are. If they did a little work on improving service, it would make me want to come back.Special Features:
- We went on a night where musicBigTimePeriDined on 11/24/2012We went on a night where music was planned in the bar so we sat in there rather than the dining room. It was a bit loud for a room of this size. The service was excellent and the owner was very courteous. We always enjoy the sweet potato fries and the cheese bread. I had the salmon which was yummy. The mojitos tasted real, not like a mix and they used fresh mint as they should. Guess I'm just used to the higher octane rum but it's probably for the best since I was driving . . I like the fact that the restaurant was doing a toy drive for needy kids and supporting local musicians.Special Features:
- Frozen patronsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/11/2012No furnace (according to host) and windows open on a frigid night, after complaints from several tables regarding how cold it was. Finally, space heaters were brought out and turned on, but windows were still left open. We found them along with another table and closed them. We will probably never go back, but certainly will not return in the winter. Also, it seemed as if there was only one waiter attending to the whole restaurant. Our credit card was left unattended by the front door. We have been to this restaurant many times and have always had good and comfortable meals; something wasn't right. Very disappointed -- it took hours for my feet to thaw out.
- Another excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/20/2012We had a great meal @ Bahama Island. Celebratin our 28th Anniversary. This is our second trip and the food was just as tasty as the first time. I had the filet mignon and my wife had the same. The steaks were tender and juicy, everything was perfect. We also had excellent service from Tony.Special Features:
- It was a very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012It was a very disappointing dinner. Appetizers were okay but meal was nothing to write home about. Sorry to say but than ks for asking. None of the items in #2 fit.
- Regular steaks and service,WeekenderVIPDined on 5/17/2012We went looking for a steakhouse, after so much seafood in California. The steaks were ok, but not great. The fish was also good. the service was a little slow and lacking. We were a group of 8, and to order dessert the waitress gave us 2 dessert menus!!! Also, some of us in the group wanted a expresso coffee after dinner, and they don't have.Special Features:
- When I made the reservation,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012When I made the reservation, I'd forgotten that the restaurant had changed hands. The interior looks the same, they still have the pet-friendly patio, but the ambience was lacking as was the food. This was just an average ho-hum experience for me. The interior elements are starting to look worn out, you could see the foot traffic pattern in the rug where we sat. I ordered the ribs with garlic fries and cole slaw, my date ordered the rib eye steak with broccoli and mashed potatoes. My date stated "well, usually I get a bone in my rib eye steak" - his did not, it looked like the steak had been flattened. My ribs fell off the bone, but the sauce and sides were just blah. But overall, I just was not impressed to come back.
- The food was good, not stellar,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2012The food was good, not stellar, but good. Hubby asked for well seared scallops, and had to send two back. My coconut prawns, yummy! The service, WOW! very friendly, accomodating wonderful people. The bartender was superb with service, answering questions, chatting to those who wanted it, leaving alone those that did not.Special Features:
- We had eaten there just aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2012We had eaten there just a few months ago and had a completely different experience with the food. The filet mignon wasn't cooked right and the ahi was rather dry. Disappointing.
- Food and service was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011Food and service was good. Restaurant bar area was cold because no heater.Special Features:
- I had the distinct pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/11/2011I had the distinct pleasure of being waited on by the best waiter that I have ever encountered...an African American gentleman who clearly enjoyed what he did, and did it in exceptional fashion!Special Features:
- Great Calypso bread. RibpickleVIPDined on 11/6/2011Great Calypso bread. Rib eye steak was fine. Bland creamed spinach/artichoke.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2011The food was delicious and the presentation was fabulous. I called to get walking directions once i got to the barnyard. The host actually came out of the restaurant, found us, and escorted us to the restaurant. He noticed that we were on a date and gave us a quiet table tucked in the corner. Amazing! I will go back.Special Features: