115 Duval St
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bagatellekeywest.com/
- Phone: (305) 296-6609
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Maria Manso
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Bagatelle
A visit to our house is a unique way to relax and enjoy life's simple pleasures as well as our treasures from the sea. The word Bagatelle comes from the French and means "a trifle or a little nothing", often referring to a light, fun, yet not too serious spring time romance. The French brought their history of fine cuisine and their love of wine to the Caribbean Islands. It is in this tradition that we have combined our French heritage, southern hospitality and the indigenous tastes of the Florida Keys into the meals we prepare today. Our chefs blend the best of our locally caught fresh seafood, fresh produce and delicious tropical fruits for our tropical seafood dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bagatelle reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (4)scenic view (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Consistently consistent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/15/2014Celebrated our anniversary at our favorite dining venue in Key West. Great location, great menu. Lobster bisque is amazing salad with hearts of palm was tasty. Surf and turf was excellent. Despite the change of ownership the new owner and staff are as good as ever. Even the drinks were wonderful! Can't wait until our next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key WestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014One of five meals that we had during our trip to Key West. It was wonderful sitting on the second floor balcony overlooking Duval Street. Food, however, was variable. Some things were outstanding e.g. the mussels, the snapper (presentation of whole fish was very cool). Other things e.g. the soup of the day (a tomato soup) was good but nothing memorable. My wife had the grilled lobster with risotto. It was very good but again not memorable. The price of the meal with a moderate wine, one drink, two appetizers and two main courses with tax/tip was around $175. Soooo...good meal but I am not sure it was worth the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still excellent!OrlandoParrotheadDined on 11/13/2014This was our second visit to Bagatelle - we were here about 6 months ago. I rated that experience across the board as "5". Key West was dead most of the week this time but, following my own advice, we still made reservations so we were seated immediately upon our arrival. The walk-in wait was only 10 minutes so the reservations weren't really needed this trip. Our server was attentive and made several recommendations during the visit. Last time we had both had seafood, this time we opted for meat. I had a steak and my companion had the filet (just a note - the menu on the website is not up-to-date but the prices/selection are still representative of what's current). Both were extremely well prepared and presented. I still give them 5's in all categories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not the best valueSamaliciousDined on 9/17/2014Service and food were fine, but just missed the mark for me. A good tomato and burrata salad was served with stale garlic bread, the potato cake served with the hogfish was nearly burned on one side, the fish was served with a jarringly sweet sauce. It's not that they can't do it, it just seems no one wants to try that hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousness on DuvalOrlandoParrotheadDined on 9/8/2014About a year ago, another guest at our hotel recommended Bagatelle as a good place for a meal in downtown Key West. We gave it a try this trip and, based on this week's experience, we will be back again. The restaurant, like most of Key West that night, was fairly empty so we were seated immediately at a table overlooking Duval Street. The server was attentive and had an excellent understanding of the menu items. I had the hogfish and my companion had the ahi tuna. Both were extremely well prepared and presented. If you’re looking for a decent variety on the menu, good service at a fair price, you'll find it here. A word of caution though – during the regular season I would recommend you make reservations a couple of days in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on DuvalDiner722VIPDined on 9/7/2014This is one restaurant on Duval St., that we would highly recommend. Food was very good and service from Bernadette was outstanding. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Always greatkeywestTrini52Dined on 8/17/2014Awesome food nd service as usual. We had the snapper and fried lobster with mashed potatoes. Everything was awesome, but was surprisingly disappointed with the mashed potatoes. It was rather bland and seemed to missing something. Otherwise, awesome everything. The view, the service, great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 253 reviews are from the Bagatelle reviews archive.
- Wonderful experiencenan1Dined on 7/15/2014Overall wonderful experience. Food outstanding. Service outstanding. Out best food experience in Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under-staffedMikeVIPDined on 7/10/2014The entire downstairs seating area was full (upstairs closed) and there only two servers, resulting in long waits for water, drinks, and food. They both worked hard and apologized frequently .... it was obviously a management issue.
- Good but not spectacularHawk78Dined on 7/7/2014The service was efficient and pleasant. The food was good, but not spectacular and a bit on the pricey side. Nice location and ambiance, right on Duval Street. Overall not bad, but not our first choice to eat in Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Spot on DuvalHTownFoodNerdVIPDined on 7/5/2014We were told by a local not to eat at any restaurant on Duval Street. However, we enjoyed Bagatelle and it seemed reasonably priced. We sat outside and there is quite a bit of noise from the street but great for people watching. My favorite item was the Burrata & Heirloom Tomato Salad. The burrata cheese was fresh and creamy and the walnut pesto was so tasty. They were out of the Grouper but replaced it with Hogfish dressed in the same fashion. First time trying that fish and I'm glad I did. It was mild, flaky, and delicious. A must-try item is the Espresso Martini. Very different than other espresso cocktails I have had. It was not creamy or overly alcoholic tasting. It tasted like cold espresso that was slightly sweet with a kick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss the musselsInsuranceMagicianDined on 6/19/2014Excellent food and staff. Everything is made at order so the food doesn't come out in five minutes but if you want a restaurant to sit, relax, talk and ENJOY a meal, this is the spot. BTW, the cognac sauces for the mussels was "off the hook". If you like mussels, you will love these.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jessDined on 6/15/2014Great food..wonderful experience. ..ask to sit on the porch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a refined biteBillyDined on 5/2/2014This is the second time my wife and I have been to Key West together and the second time we've been to Bagatelle. On both occasions the food and service were excellent. It's perhaps slightly pricier than standard Key West fare, but the high quality of the food (particularly the excellent fish dishes) and its presentation make it a fantastic restaurant to go to for a special meal. Will definitely be back on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative food, Great serviceNShottVIPDined on 4/25/2014Loved this gem on Duval. Mussels are to die for, as is the whole snapper. Everything we ordered offered something unexpected and delicious. Seamless service. Would definitely go again on a future visit.Special Features:
- OutstandingSuzanneDined on 4/19/2014Had a very romantic dining experience, sat on first floor porch, lots of people watching. From arriving until leaving staff was awesome. Food delicious as well as great drinks and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal!emiletteVIPDined on 4/11/2014Our friend had recommended Bagatelle, and we were so glad we listened to their recommendation. The cab driver also told us that it's a locals' favorite spot - so that definitely tells you something. Our drinks and dinner were fantastic. As an appetizer, we had the BBQ Shrimp. Wish we could have had a huge plate of it - to die for good. Ask to sit upstairs...we had a great table overlooking Duval Street. We also could hear the great live music over at Hog's Breath, too, which was nice. Great restaurant!!! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Days in KW 3 dinners a BagatelleEarlVIPDined on 4/11/2014Such a great place lunch or dinner. Have been eating there for 4 years and never a bad meal. Great cocktails, awesome wine list and right on Duval. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxation with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/25/2014Great ambiance, great food and drinks. Dining on the upper balcony is especially wonderful overlooking Duval.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great servicekbellDined on 3/16/2014Had a great dinner at Bagatelle. We ate a late lunch, so two of us got the buratta and tomato salad with avocados, which was incredibly tasty and enormous. It would have been hard to eat that and an entrée anyway. Also shared a lobster mac and cheese side dish that was again a large portion (for a side dish) and very good with numerous chunks of lobster you could actually see. My young daughter had a plate of pasta that they brought out early so she did not have to wait - they were very accommodating of her. We sat outside, which was beautiful and not at all noisy. The service was fantastic, nothing took too long to come out and the waitstaff was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014We had a small Wedding Reception here. Great food and staff. Great location on Duval near all if the good bars but quiet enough to enjoy an intimate dinner. Tables on both levels of porch look over Duval.Special Features:
- Upscale on Duvall StOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014We were looking for a restaurant not a bar scene. As a college professor we were on spring break, traveling to warmer weather, but not interested in dining with the Spring break scene. Enjoyed lunch here, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food came out cooler thanEglLegVIPDined on 2/26/2014Food came out cooler than normal. Fish quality and quantity were excellent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- understaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 2/19/2014Understaffed & found out about 30 min after had placed order that entree was sold out. Lots of street noise from bar across the street.Special Features:
- Great locationJeffVIPDined on 2/18/2014But it took an hour to get our food! Place was not even busy!! Too many other great Restaurants in Key West to waste your time in this one.
- Awesome dining in Key WesthhidineVIPDined on 2/16/2014My wife and I had a great meal and a very good dining experience at Bagatelle. Meal and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food/excellent serviceRichardVIPDined on 2/13/2014my wife and i ate here late one evening after a long travel day and it was really excellent. the food was good, the wait staff were excellent and we had a good evening. i would go back and i would recommend it.Special Features:
- I hope this was not normal.nancyDined on 2/10/2014I hope this was not normal. I've been to bagatelle a few years ago. This time the service was terrible and overshadowed the good food. Wine not served until after soup was finished. And a sorry bout it attitude
- We have eaten here many times.JulesDined on 2/8/2014We have eaten here many times. The food is always fresh with new items each visit. Great view - right on Duvall street but very romantic too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service here was some of theFoodieVIPDined on 2/7/2014Service here was some of the best I experienced while in key west. Food was very good only negative was an overdressed salad. But entrees and soup were great. Good reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!AKCBDined on 1/20/2014The food was DELISH!!! Just AMAZING! Our server was nice but not too attentive to our table. That was our only complaint!Special Features:
- We sat outside and the noiseAlexDined on 1/20/2014We sat outside and the noise level was a bit disconcerting. The restaurant did not have our reservations (that's the first time "ever" a restaurant did not have our reservations when we booked on open table). However, they were able to seat us promptly and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Key West RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014Food is very good but expect to pay much higher prices than many of the other restaurants in the area. We had the grouper with a blood orand burre blanc that was fantastic and pork belly as an appetizer that was equally as good. The lobster Mac-n-cheese is a must try. Nice patio setting right on Duval street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall disappointedBwin685Dined on 1/15/2014Did not live up to reviews. Grouper was not available and they substituted skirt steak for ribeye. Chewy but tasty. My filet was blue and I asked for medium. Sent it back and it arrived back the same . The salads were excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent foodraidocVIPDined on 12/31/2013Very good culinary experience for New Years eve, which is a compliment to the Chef as it could not have been easy to deliver the quality of food that we had at that event. It was a fixed selection menu and every course chosen by our party was truly well cooked and well presented. The service instead was a little slow and somewhat harried, but I think that was due to insufficient servers being on the floor.
- New Years EveMikeDined on 12/31/2013We had a great time on New Years Eve. The preset meal was terrific. And they were great with our kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotMcloveDined on 12/30/2013Had great service from Roxanne. Food was very good. Mussels were delicious. One flaw is we sat upstairs and ever time someone stepped onto porch, where we were seated the whole porch shook. Got quite annoyingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful diningRobertDined on 12/26/2013We sat at table on the veranda overlooking the stream of tourists on Duval Street. The wine list was fine and the menu had something for everyone. The chef made a special dish for one of us who had an upset stomach. The wait staff was simply superb. Overall a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place would try it againTeatime13Dined on 12/25/2013We (party of four) went there on Christmas day (2013). The waitress was nice, but very busy. The restaurant was crowded. Our first dish with raw scallops was very good. The main course, the lobster was a nightmare. The lobster was overcooked and therefore very chewy. The desserts were ok. I would go back one more time when it is less busy just to try it one more time.Special Features:
- Out of Fish - Poor ServicedinneroutDined on 12/16/2013We had a group of 12 vacationing in Key West and set up a reservation at Bagatelle. They did not receive their fish order so both the Grouper and Snapper were not available. The menu is limited, so with 2 entrees missing, we should have left right away. The salads were good, but everything else was just fair!!! Our waitress suggested the shrimp, since there wasn't any fish. Her attitude was not good, but with a large group, the waiter is always guaranteed their 18-20% tip. The service was poor, we waited to get our drinks refilled and then waited about 20 minutes to get our checks and pay. I do not recommend this restaurant.