One Little West 12th
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrotbagatelle.com/
- Phone: 2124882110x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 6:30pm – 10:00pm
Monday: 5:30pm – 12:00am
Tuesday: 5:30pm – 12:00am
Wednesday: 5:30pm – 12:00am
Thursday: 5:30pm – 1:00am
Friday: 5:30pm – 1:00am
Saturday: 7:30pm – 1:00am
Saturday: 11:30am – 6:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am – 5:30pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Sebastien Chamaret
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bagatelle- NY
Hailing from France, Brand Essence owners Aymeric Clemente and Remi Laba teamed up in February 2008 to create a restaurant that is wholly French Mediterranean in atmosphere and cuisine. The ambiance is reminiscent of a bustling Parisian bistro, with classic decor and architecture paired with chic and bold artwork., lively music, and a relaxed yet sexy vibe, making you feel as if you've escaped to Europe if only for a day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bagatelle- NY reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (17)good for groups (17)special occasion (17)late-night find (16)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (13)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (12)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (11)scenic view (5)great for lunch (2)Show More
- A real touch of France ...FredVIPDined on 9/26/2014Always a pleasure to have a dinner at Bagatelle ! Food and wines are great. Service is always very friendly and offbeatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Know before you goanonymous917Dined on 9/20/2014Had reservations for a group of 10. They wouldn't sit us for 45 mins until the whole party was present since that's policy, which is fine if that was posted somewhere. Hostess was rude and not helpful. But it's meatpacking so it's no surprise. Food was good, music was good and crowd was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Had a great time at bagatelle Theo our server was phenomenal! I took a friend for a special occasion and we both enjoyed the evening a great deal Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Cuisine to Bar ScenemikeycVIPDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant makes an interesting transformation between 8pm and 9pm, going from a more fine dining atmosphere to a boisterous bar scene. Wasn't expecting it and neither was my date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, fairHonestyDined on 8/20/2014The room was initially hot-they didn't kick in the AC till the end. Food was very average. The best part of this place is the ambiance. Would come here for just drinks next time.Special Features:
- it was a greatDalexDined on 8/18/2014It was a great dining with my friends, the host very hospitable, and I got there I didn't wait to be seat. She made a greeting saying my name since I made a reservation. The waitress was there for us all the time. Nice and quite environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Girls Night SpotChantelleAnnetteDined on 8/1/2014I love Bagatelle. Great ambiance, music, food, and service. The champagne list and the macaroon dessert are perfection!Special Features:
- Horrible service. Great food.KseniaQDined on 7/28/2014Basically got robbed on my birthday. The server sold us a bottle of champagne that was almost $800 after we got one for $130. He never mentioned the price difference. That put a big cloud over the dinner and pretty much ruined everybody's mood for the rest of the night.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014One of the best steaks I have ever eaten. We got the rib eye for two that came with pomme frittes and a spinach salad. We also had an appetizer special that was pretty tasty too. Cocktails were excellent and our waiter recommended a wonderful red wine for our dinner. Overall, an amazing dining experience for my birthday. My co-worker informed me about this place because she loves it for brunch but dinner was excellent! After 10-11pm it turns into more of a lounge with a DJ - definitely a great spot to start your night out in the meatpacking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OD85Dined on 7/22/2014Service was horrible! Food was ok, would only recommend for after work drinks or brunchSpecial Features:
- A little over the topuppereastsiderVIPDined on 7/21/2014With a space this size, i'd recomnend this place reinvent itself as a more casual bistro. Food was good but not exceptional for the price. Place was disconcertingly empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zeze1881Dined on 7/18/2014Went here for my birthday dinner! Loved the place! Only thing, it was loud so hard to talk, but it was a blast and the good was good! Def going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meatpacking spotNick79VIPDined on 7/9/2014Great food and scene, best location in Meatpacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 75 reviews are from the Bagatelle- NY reviews archive.
- JJG1Dined on 6/20/2014Food was average.Both the truffle chicken and black cod lacked were overlooked and lacked any flavor except excess salt .Profiteroles pastry top was dry.Overall disappointed.
- Best Gnocchi Ever!SWABVIPDined on 6/20/2014Love love their truffle Gnocchi..Although as a vegetarian I hope they have lil more options.Special Features:
- Atmosphere made up for the foodRobbieVIPDined on 6/13/2014The food didn't deliver sadly, well below standards but the fun atmosphere saved the evening.
- DanPBDined on 6/7/2014The steak was overcooked although we had asked for medium rare. The duck was acceptable but not great. The artichoke salad was excellent. The beignet dessert was exceptional. Tuna tartar and tarte tatain were adequate but not memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for bar Scene with musicShermanDined on 6/7/2014Good for happy hours and late night bar hopping. This place is definitely not for food goer or someone expecting to experience good dining. If you are planning to spend on their menu price, suggest go elsewhere then return for the bar.Special Features:
- BagatelleGirondinDined on 5/30/2014Great food, great service and great atmosphere!!! I had the foie frais sliders for appetizers, which were to die for! The special was the sole au beurre w/ truffle potatoe purée. Finally, I had an amazing Ile Flottante for desert...probably one of the best dinners I've had in many years!Special Features:
- Joe KeneallyJoeKDined on 5/17/2014As always, it was great night. The staff and service was outstanding. We love this place.Special Features:
- A favorite electric sceneMEANJONVIPDined on 5/17/2014I know Bagatelle NYC for a long time now before they moved to the new location and became the hot spot of the meat packing district. Jeremy at the bar is great.Go early and park yourself there as you wait for your table....Do not expect the hostess to come get you when your table is ready as that is never going to happen. So if you entrust Jeremy with your drinks, remember to get up and go and find out where you stand in life with the hostess desk. Electric scene, be ready to get up and dance at the table. Good service and good food. Always dependable if you just want to get lost in the crowd and have a good time. Always have a reservation or eat somewhere else and come in here for the electric atmosphere. It's unsurpassed.Special Features:
- Great MealElroy74Dined on 5/13/2014Had a wonderful meal with coworkers here. Sat in a window table opened up to the street. Was a great time and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most horrible service everLuv4foodDined on 5/3/2014We had a reservation for 10 people at 10:15 and we were seated at 12:30! And the hostess and the manager, instead of being apologetic, they were full of attitude, extremely rude, and lacked manners and professionalism. They were even sarcastic to us when we mentioned that they should have at least apologized for the wait. Bagatelle used to be one of our favorite spots in NY but we are never going back. Such a huge disappointment. We have never encountered such a rude attitude in a restaurant.
- Used to be betterGourmandeVIPDined on 5/2/2014Staff managing reservations arrogant. Noise level too high: I'm all for ambience and St Tropez-like atmosphere, but when the very seats one's in are vibrating violently to ridiculous bass, it's just too much. Also, don't order steak like T-Bone as you won't be able to see enough to cut away the fatty parts. All in all, not enough attention to detail.
- Great for a celebrationPreyisDined on 4/25/2014Good food, good service and great ambience. You can start by having a dinner and dancing without going anywhere elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some hiccups but good meal.rickracerVIPDined on 4/21/2014Went here on a quiet monday night. Love this part of the city and the restaurant has a great setting for a meal and people-watching. Service was surprisingly slow and inaccurate for what was a very quiet night. Waiter was nice but got my wife's order wrong. They took care of it immediately and showed no hesitation or annoyance so they get points for that. Food was great. Calamari appetizer and the prawn dish for myself and the salmon tartare and scallops for my wife. Very good - nicely prepared, perfectly cooked. No complaints and would certainly go again!
- Great nightLov2eatDined on 4/19/2014Excellent night out, great food took friend from Bahamas loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good ambiance..butRamonDined on 4/11/2014Good food, good ambiance..but felt like you have to eat or be there for a limited time....to much pressure ...uncomfortable...Special Features:
- Bagatelle is fantasticMrNCVIPDined on 3/19/2014Great food, champagne and eye candy! What more can you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They only want your moneyMIMiDined on 2/15/2014It was my birthday and it was a bad one.Despite my early reservation, we have been seated only 1 hour!! later, as soon as we sat, the server announced that the kitchen is closing and we need to hurry up with our order. Throughout the night my husband has been asked at least 5 times!! by different people (server, manager, another server) to order $1200 bottle of champagne with "special" service from a "clown" in skimpy underwear. These people literally have dollar signs on their faces, that's the only thing they care about. After 12am this upscale restaurant turned into a fun house where every "lady" feels like she MUST jump on a table and shake it hard. Will I go again? yes, when I feel like I need to waste a lot of money on a messy party..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2014Beautiful people, ambiance... Impeccable service and most importantly amazing cuisine...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was actually good butShockedDined on 2/1/2014Food was actually good but when I ordered a second bottle of wine I was told that there was another reservation at 10.30 and I would have to leave. This had never happened to me before anywhere. Why would I go back to a place that asks me to move even if I am consuming? Terrible experience.
- Did not recieve my dining points!LMKAVIPDined on 1/17/2014Open table was suppose to give me 1,000 dining points for my 7 PM reservation. NEVER RECIEVED THE POINTS from that night. Can you please fix this??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible service, rude staff,CCnycDined on 1/1/2014horrible service, rude staff, the food was good but the atmosphere ruined it.
- French with an EdgeNatashaDined on 12/27/2013Bagatelle has a lot going for it, cool location, traditional decor spiced up with not so traditional art, the food is well prepared, and the wine list, although limited, offers great choices, and the service is attentive. The only downer, and this tends to apply to so many restaurants, is why do hostesses feel compelled to try and seat a couple who clearly are out on a romantic dinner date in the rows of two seater tables that are as intimate as a locker room shower.Special Features:
- Simply deliciousAliB1234Dined on 12/20/2013I love this area of the city. My sister and I love the city this time of year and Bagatelle did not disappoint. The food was outstanding. I highly recommend the gnocci as an appetizer. The risotto I had with dinner was delicious. The staff was very attentive. There were a bunch of xmas dinners going on and the crowd was great. If I did not have after dinner plans I would have definitely stayed for some extra drinks. I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected delightPhil69Dined on 12/5/2013Bagatelle had been recommended by a few so we decided to try it out for a late dinner upon our arrival in NY. The restaurant was very busy but our table was waiting for us and although you better reserve ahead of time if your not a regular they quickly made us feel at home. Started with Truffle pizza which was great and then had the oysters and rack of lamb. We had such a nice time we booked for their famous weekend brunch. FYI, I have never experienced anything like it before!!! Had an amazing but you better let the kids at home and be ready to order a few bottles of Champagne and Vodka...by 4 pm, the place could have competed with some of the best clubs in South BeachSpecial Features:
- Very good restaurant and food.RenatoCoutoDined on 11/15/2013Very good restaurant and food. Unfortunately, the day we visited the restaurant it was for lunch on Friday and although very close to the Highline , Chelsea Market and other sites, the place was almost empty. Might be a great place over weekend and evenings as well as brunch on Sunday. Service was excellent and hope to be able to go back one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BagatelleBibiDined on 10/14/2013We liked very much this restaurant!! The food was delicius,the service was very good! Nice place to come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A massive waterbug fell ontoAngNYCDined on 10/13/2013A massive waterbug fell onto our booths from the ceiling above inches from my head. The wait staff and management was incredible apologetic and accomodating but it still ruined the dinner.