108 West 2nd Street #104
Los Angeles, CA 90012Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.badmaashla.com/
- Phone: 2132217466x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday: 5:30 - 11:00pm
Thursday: 5:30 - Midnight
Friday: 5:30 - Midnight
Saturday: 5:00 - Midnight
Sunday: 5:00 - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Contemporary Indian, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Chef Pawan Mahendro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: ask us about catering options! let us take care of everything!
- Private Party Contact: Badmaash 2132217466x
A word from Badmaash
BADMAASH is an indian gastropub in DTLA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Badmaash - Best Restaurants in Little Tokyo ›
Badmaash reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (70)neighborhood gem (52)hot spot (37)good for groups (26)late-night find (22)great for lunch (22)special occasion (16)romantic (10)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- YUMMMMM!markdmarcVIPDined on 9/13/2014I love this place. I've been here 3-4 times and everytime we have a great time and great food! It's just a cool vibe and the food is really great Indian food. It's just fun and highly recommended....Special Features:
- Indian Food DelightSP67Dined on 9/7/2014Warning - the food is a bit spicy. However, that being said, the food is totally delicious. For sure, all our senses were exploding with joy. The portions are small. We went with friends and we ordered many plates and shared. This is one of the first restaurants in a long time that we had so much fun trying new dishes. The restaurant is a "hole in the wall" find. The service was great too.Special Features:
- Great placeSimonsVIPDined on 9/6/2014This place is amazing - great food, excellent service and very innovative items on the menu. I highly recommend this restaurant to foodies as well as to people who like to have a great dining experience.Special Features:
- in food loveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014never fails in service or food. took some friends here for first time Indian food adventuring and made a convert of our friend. Aside from enjoying each others company and great service, we got him to experience some great food that he now loves. Thanks Badmaash for never letting us down!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014I went on a Thursday night and hated everything about the restaurant. The neighborhood was sketchy, the restaurant itself was not upto standard, service was slow and sub-par and overall the food lacked flavor. The chicken tikka kebab tasted like boiled chicken with little flavoring. The entrees were disappointing and the tandoori roti was hard as brick. The owner has a good story and I had been wanting to go for a while, but I won't be ever going back.
- Indian goes fancysamsaraDined on 9/3/2014My friends and I loved our dinner here. The food was so good, our service impeccable, and the decor was fun with the old Bollywood posters. Keep in mind that they are pretty strict on the reservation window so make sure you can all get there on time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodColeTrainDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant offered us great food at great prices. We were very happy with the experience we had here and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- UKrainUKrainVIPDined on 8/23/2014It's a shame this restaurant doesn't operate in a bigger space. The dishes are bursting with flavour and innovative. LA doesn't have the best selection for indian food, so Badmaash compensates. Try the Butter chicken. It is a combination of the classic dish mixed with methi, a herb that needs more PR in the west for it's flavour and ayurvedic properties. The lamb vindaloo is spicy and again Badmaash does a good job of modernising this dish while keeping it close to the original. The service is second to none and the waiters and waitresses explain and recommend the food with authenticity.Special Features:
- A fun take on Indian classics.ruthmorrisDined on 8/21/2014Great to see Indian cuisine reconfigured here with some novel twists that don't stray too far from what makes Indian food so delicious. The samosas are out of this world.Special Features:
- excellent Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Hard to get tasty Indian food in Los Angeles. This place is a find. Delicious food, imaginative menu, great service. Can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just excellent !malibudiningDined on 8/11/2014Inventive and delicious. This place is very cool. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian Food LoverFunNightDined on 8/10/2014I live right around the corner and was excited about this new spot in my neighborhood. This place has always looked busy and as an Indian food aficionado (i.e. dozens of Indian weddings and honorary ISU member), I had to try this new spot. With that said, I usually go with the traditional stuff my first time at a restaurant. Hoping that I found a local spot to get some good Butter Chicken, I was sadly disappointed. There was barely any cream in the sauce - overly tomato-y (is that a word?). The rice and the naan were separate orders and although the waiter and the service was excellent, the food was just ehhh - mediocre at best.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014Little too pricey for Indian Food, but great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food/hectic environmentlive2eatDined on 8/9/2014The traditional and fusion dishes were very flavorful. The mussels in a coconut curry sauce and the butter chicken were stand outs. The lamb vindaloo had a great sauce too and super spicy (and I can eat very spicy foods). The portions are smaller and the price is higher than traditional Indian restaurants. It's a very small restaurant and very popular so need reservations. The service is good but being very busy it feels very hectic and you can only order once we weren't allowed to add on any items after the initial order.Special Features:
- Great DTLA spot!VegasfoodieDined on 8/8/2014We saw Badmaash on the Food Network and decided to make it a destination for our LA vacation. We were not dissapointed. The butter chicken and samosas were fantastic. The service was great. The owner took his time to come out and make sure we enjoyed our food/visit. I've already recommended to a few locals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super BadShodo13VIPDined on 8/6/2014Badmaash was, as always, super-good! We had the Pickled veg dish, with Samosa's to start - awesome. Then the Butter Chicken and Saag Paneer - double awesome. So good and so flavorful. Great atmosphere and great servers - everyone always seems to be happy here. Gotta love that too, its just as important as the food. We've been several times, and we'll be back again I'm sure.Special Features:
- One of the best ....JasmeerDined on 7/26/2014This is one of the best ever Indian food I had in USA. This took me all the way back to India, how good actually the food tastes there. We had few things before our night at Edison and this is a great find. I would highly recommend this place. Butter chicken is awesome.Special Features:
- DeliciousSunshyneyVIPDined on 7/26/2014We came for Restaurant week and ordered off the Dine LA menu. My favorite was of course the Ice Cream Sammiches, but I also ordered Butter Chicken Samosas which were delicious! The side order of naan was great as well, and the Chicken Tikka Masala had a nice bit of spice added to it. We sat in the upstairs section which was cool, lots of Bollywood posters on the walls. It was very loud and echoey, and the tables were so close together that we felt like we were part of everyone else's conversation. But the food was so great, we will definitely be heading back.Special Features:
- Ran out of too many itemsYummyEatingDined on 7/23/2014We ate at Badmaash during restaurant week/Dine LA. The food was excellent, as was the service. The Dine LA menu offered a choice of 3 entrees. We were informed when we tried to order one of the three items that the restaurant had run out of the main ingredient. My dining companion tried to order an appetizer but was told the restaurant had run out of the item she ordered. The restaurant also offered a choice of 3 dessert, but they ran out of one of the three items. It just seems that, given that it was Restaurant Week for which Badmaash offered a very limited menu, they would know that the demand for those items would be relatively high and would order the ingredients accordingly to accommodate diners who would be ordering from that menu.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedDowntownerVIPDined on 7/22/2014This would be great for neighborhood hipster types. Not for someone expecting a traditional Indian Food experience or dressed from an office job. Loud hip hop music made it difficult to hear the server, though they were accommodating about turning down the volume. The tables were too small to accommodate family style dishes. I would do take out in the future. The summer veggie medley was delicious, as were the short rib samosas. Best veggies ever in an Indian restaurant. The chicken tikka dish was tasty, but not what we expected. They had a seasoned rice pilaf dish and plain naan, but again, no traditional biryanis or seasoned naans. They also had beer, wine and soft drinks but very limited options for otherwise for non-drinkers
- Chicken Tikka Poutine? Yes, please!nomnomgrrrlDined on 7/19/2014My husband, friends, and I went here a week ago. After seeing Chicken Tikka Poutine as an option on their menu online, I just HAD to go here. The place is cozy and you can carry on a conversation very easily. We happened to go during Dine LA restaurant week and I went with the $25 Dine LA menu which consisted of an option of 3 different appetizers, entrees and desserts. I chose: Pork Tacos as my appetizer, which were heavenly; chicken tikka masala as entree and the rice pudding dessert - both yummy. And of course…chicken tikka poutine which was to die for amazing. This is a great restaurant and they put a fun twist on your normal Indian fare. If you love your tastebuds, get thee to Badmaas, stat!Special Features:
- Great Indian in DTLAAKohDined on 7/18/2014Came here during DineLA week with a few girlfriends. We actually ended up just ordering off the regular menu since we wanted to try a ton of stuff. The food was amazing. The short ribs were tender and juicy, full of flavor. The samosas were crisp and not too overwhelmingly oily. The tikka masala was the perfect amount of heat. Our server (Jeffrey?) was absolutely amazing and provided wonderful suggestions. There's a parking lot on Spring or Main Street just around the corner from the restaurant. The mango mousse dessert was one of my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian fusion..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Place is a little small but food was great and the servers were attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!Horn2trDined on 7/18/2014Highly recommend the chili cheese Nan! Anything on the menu is a hit! We tried the fries with the spicy dipping sauceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so goodMoeMoneyMoeFoodDined on 7/14/2014Great food - one disappointment is that their signature poutine dish wasn't on the DineLA menu. Also, service is ridiculously great - friendliest staff I've ever met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian DowntownTJGdwntwnDined on 7/12/2014Nice to have a second choice of Indian food downtown. This place is happening! Great location and vibe is upright! Friendly staff, explain food choices with details. Presentation is good along with speed of serving your dishes. Left feeling content on the great spice flavors on our choice of dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- keep coming backrrjjVIPDined on 7/11/2014Keep going back for the "badass Chicken tikka" & find something new and equally great every time. Recent highlights have included chili cheese naan, sweet & sour spiced pumpkin, crispy tamarind glazed pork belly & spiced lamb burger. Place has a great vibe from soundtrack to service as well as fellow diners.Special Features:
- Best Indian Food Ever!insearchofgreatfoodDined on 7/11/2014We ate at Badmaash to celebrate a birthday. The food is excellent. They not only create classic Indian dishes but add a flare of gourment and creativity to the dishes too. We started with the Samosa's and ordered more and more.....We loved the butter chicken and the traditional. We went to the spicey lamb sausage, which was excellent. And the short rib, which melted in your mouth. That combined with the naan bread and rice and the sauces made for a great Indian feast. We ate early as we had tickets to the Groundling theater. We were late...due to traffic...and there was no problem with our seats. The service was great. The wine list was adequate and the beer list was outstanding. We will definitely be back!!:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Badmaash is BadassEATxDTLAVIPDined on 7/10/2014Authentic Indian with a modern twist. They treat each customer like another member of the family. Especially fond of the Chana Masala (chickpeas) and the lentil soup. Also love the Mango Chutney. Make sure to try a Chai tea and Mango Mousse before leaving.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!PrisimVIPDined on 7/5/2014I am glad I read your article in the United Aiways magazine! Great food and wonderful service! Highly recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place....markdmarcVIPDined on 6/28/2014The food is just great. The place is great. A fun time. Really good environment....lovely service...just a cool place...Great Indian food. Funky neighborhood...but who cares???? Badmaash supposed to mean Badass....that it is!Special Features:
- Looking for something comparable..SoulCalDined on 6/23/2014To SF's Curry Up Now, and boy was I wrong. You can't even compare them. Badmaashla offers a distinct and unique menu that satisfies and hits every note of your palate. I ordered their Spiced mango pork belly with a side of naan and Ghost chili lamb vindaloo for my friend. We were both impressed when they first came out. They weren't heaping portions at all---but their flavours did pack the punch that left us at the right about of full and satisfied. The wait time was reasonable---I mean, that's if you want quality food which is what Badmaashla delivers. I'd say keep up the great work. I'll definitely be coming back for seconds ;]Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!Ox13Dined on 6/20/2014On the verge of being too cool... It came from the attitude the hostess had. I guess being a hostess at a popular restaurant can go to your head?! Guess what .. your still a hostess.First when we arrived with a reservation she tries to sit us in a table between two massive party groups on the second floor it almost seemed like a private party up there it was crowded and loud plus with an empty first floor. My wife said no way and sat herself down on the first floor seating where we ussually sit. Our meal Was great we paid the check and left the restaurant. AGAIN the "too cool" hostess reappears and chases us down the street thinking we left without paying the bill! How about u check with your server first before you act foolish again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first badmaash experience!YummYummInMyTummTummDined on 6/15/2014First of all, the only reason I chose this restaurant is because of the name. I have reviewed yelp and instagram to see what Badmaash is all about and it just looked amazing so I had to go there. Going there for the first time, my friend and I ordered Chicken Tikka Poutine, Butter Chicken Samosas, and Sheek Kabab. I would definitely go back for the Chicken Tikka Poutine and the Butter Chicken Samosas. Both my friend and I agreed that the Sheek Kabab tasted a bit strange as in it felt like something was missing. Other than that we had a great experience, the server was very enthusiastic and assisted us with giving us options and made sure we have a great first time experience. I loved the concept of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemHungryHungryHippoDined on 6/6/2014Although there are plenty of folks in the know, but if you don't know now you know. Baadmash is A+ food, A+ service, with an A+ ambiance. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great Food and Good VibesLovethefoodDined on 5/31/2014We loved the food we ordered and our service was really great. I was stuffed, but am so glad I made myself try a bite or two of the chai mousse. It was outrageously delicious and worth coming back for alone. I am looking forward to coming back so I can try more dishes. We also liked the decor, and the intimacy of the space with the vaulted ceilings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Experience Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014I just want to say Mediocre food, okay service and the WORST HOSTESS EVER WHO ACTUALLY IS A HORRIBLE HUNMAN BEING. I have been michelin starred restaurants around the world and have never met anyone who is so obnoxious and rude. Will never recommend this place to anyone and will definitely make it a point to make sure that every food critic I hang with to give this restaurant awful reviews. The owner needs to revamp his staff and hire people who are considerate because then the mediocre food and service can be forgiving when at least the people and the service is nice.
- BadmaashmarkdmarcVIPDined on 5/24/2014Evidently means Badass! And...it was. Really good Indian food in a totally fun settting. Great crowd...great food...what more could you ask for? Really enjoyed ourselves....We'll be back!Special Features:
- Prepare to be AmazedJoshLDined on 5/24/2014This was our first visit so we decided to go more traditional "Indian" to set a benchmark. We started with the "Butter Chicken" samosas. They were beautifully seasoned and the fried shell was so very light. The homemade mango chutney complimented these samosas perfectly. Frankly, the freshest Saag Paneer we've ever had. Yummy! And the chicken Tikka Masala held it's own with a nice little kick to the flavor accompanied by the fresh baked naan. And to top it all off, we ended with the creative vanilla bean ice cream sandwiched between the world's best selling biscuits from India called Parle G. The entire staff was delightful, from the hostess, to our waiter, Jeff, to the owner Arjun. We'll will be back to explore more of the tempting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 29 reviews are from the Badmaash reviews archive.
- Not bad!LibraryRatDined on 5/17/2014Pros: great food, enthusiastic service, convenient for theaters and courthouse. Cons: way too loud, cramped, somewhat overpriced.Special Features: