Bacon Bros Public House
3620 Pelham Road
Greenville, SC 29615Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bacon Bros Public House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://baconbrospublichouse.com/
- Phone: 8642976000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Anthony Gray
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Contact for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Merritt Allston 8642976000x
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday, Friday, & Saturday starting at 8:00pm
A word from Bacon Bros Public House
Bacon Bros. Public House is an innovative gastropub where farm fresh products from Coal Fired Farms serve as the focal point. The seasonally driven menu of the new East Greenville restaurant offers a delicious selection of small plates and entrees, with most items priced under $15. The decor is warm and rustic with a dining room that features reused wooden pallets, an element that compliments Chef Gray’s passion for sustainability. Diners can catch a glimpse of the curing chamber, where menu items like the Bastardo Salami, Coppa Ham and Bresola are seasoned and aged to perfection. Simply put, Bacon Bros. is a great place for a relaxed dining experience with friends and family, or to meet for small bites and a craft beer or glass of wine after work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bacon Bros Public House - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Bacon Bros Public House reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (24)hot spot (19)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (14)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (8)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Quality is the word. From the bar to the server to the all the very special items on the menu. Quality.Special Features:
- Absolutely stunningAbonisolliDined on 9/13/2014Found BBPH on yelp and had to try it the food atomo sphere and knowledge is top notch bar none you must try BBPHSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Food was beyond compare. Service was knowledgable and courteous! Bar was surprising with beverage pairings I would not have expected from a small restaurant.. Top shelf all the way!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsjessyjDined on 9/8/2014I think Bac Bros is one of the best restaurant experiences in Greenville. I love the experience of servers who are extremely knowledgeable and the changing menu is perfection. Bac Bros is so different and interesting and I keep coming back. My husband and I keep thinking, "who can we bring here next?"Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014We have been to Bacon. Bros many times for birthdays celebrations, and just nights out with friends. The food is always to die for, the service is friendly, professional, and timely, and the drink menu is well rounded to supply a great selection whether you are looking for beer, wine, or cocktails. We recommend this place to everyone, and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014it was our third time dining here and we brought new eaters to the restaurant. Most of the bbq was dry and tough. The boiled peanuts were excellent and the deviled eggs were very good. The Cocktails were fun and pulled pork bbq was moist and delicious. Otherwise the service was awesome.
- Lack of consistencyAnonymousDined on 8/26/2014Rated this restaurant very highly on a travel site about 1 minth ago. The server this time ignored my request for 1/2 of my sandwich to go. Came out loaded with sauce. Had to b returned then side was cold. They gave a free beer but that did not.make up for ignoring me as a single diner. Reuben was still fabulousSpecial Features:
- Meat and morestandsureDined on 8/25/2014Very fresh, unique, and delicious entrées and side items plus a great drink list. Fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodPDC755Dined on 8/22/2014Arrived 10 minutes before our reservations and we were told pur table wasn't ready buy we could sit at the bar and order an appetizer. Hood draft beer selection. After the second round (30 minutes) we went back to check with the host and he told us the table had been ready but the couldn't find us...because we were standing right where he told us to stand. Waitress was quirky but charming. Bar service was quick all night. I ordered the BME and the wife got the an appy as her entree. Food was served very quickly and our orders were correct. Waitress was on top of drink refills even after we stopped ordering alcohol. We will go back. Host was the only aspect that could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pigtastic!rollthediceDined on 8/18/2014The meat board is a must try, roll the dice and go with the chef's choice! A decent bourbon list. Yummy cobbler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saturdayniteroamerDined on 8/16/2014Got seated immediately, great service and great food and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Great food, service lackingFoodEDined on 8/9/2014We've eaten here 3 times and had great service the 1st 2 times. But last week we had to ask our waiter 3 times to refill our drinks before he did. By the time he came ONE time to refill, we were literally finished with dinner. He knew I was frustrated because I actually said " My Daddy had to fill his tea glass with my mom's water"...and just poured tea into the water! I understand he was busy, but he could have at apologized. I couldn't help but feel we were " overlooked" because we were a group of 6 and he was getting his 20% tip no matter what kind of service he gave us. Not to mention it was very hot in the restaurant that evening...overall, not the best experience :-(Special Features:
- Good experienceLowcountryJeffDined on 8/6/2014Took two work colleagues there for dinner and had a very good experience. Good food, nicley cooked, great beer selection and nice atmosphere. Had a very nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulSCoutdoorsDined on 8/6/2014We take clients/vendors here quite a bit and the service and food is always great. All the meats are wonderful and cured and smoked in house. Deviled eggs are the best ever, pimento cheese jar rocks, shrimp and grits, and my favorite is the pulled pork grilled cheese. Always rave reviews from the crowd when we go.Special Features:
- Will be back!checkersDined on 8/2/2014First time at Bacon Brothers and I am a fan. The pimento cheese jar and fried pickles starters were amazing. For dinner I had the chicken, my husband the beef brisket, friends the shrimp and grits and all were very pleased with the meals and sides. Don't remember our servers name, ( sorry ) but he was wonderful. Attentive without being too much! Great place and I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed...rachelscDined on 7/29/2014Our server was exceptional and really knew the products and wine list; love this restaurant. The meats are all cured and smoked on site...come hungry. One suggestion: develop a smaller BBQ sampler plate. We really wanted to try a little of everything, but the serving size was too big. We ordered the brisket and the pulled pork...very nice, no grissle and no fat. I would also add some cheeses to your Meat Board. The tater tot appetizer was delicious! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacon Themed Pub w/ Foodie FlareOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014This place was a lot of fun. The drinks menu is eclectic and strong in pour. Food was tatsy and we ordered something not on the menu that they accomidated us with. Make reservation for weekend dining!Special Features:
- OMG!SCFoodieDined on 6/19/2014If you like meat - specifically smoked, BBQ, deliciousness - then you have got to get some Bacon Bros! Everything is outstanding. Everyone in our party of four had something different. For an appetizer, we shared wings. If you like a little heat, they are undoubtedly the best wings on the planet. We also had Devil Dusted Eggs - again, a little heat makes these amazing. The Meat Board had an incredible selection of 5 delicious varieties; the Pork Chop was the biggest, most succulent I have EVER seen; the Pulled Pork was melt-in-you-mouth delicious; and the 1/2 Chicken will make you slap your grandmother! As for the sides, again - everything was outstanding (the asparagus with lemon was huge hit). Go there. Now. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseSly1Dined on 6/18/2014Great atmosphere, although tables inside are too close to one another making it difficult to move about. Interesting menu. We tried the devil dust eggs, catfish, Ruben, and kale salad. All were items we'd order again. Will be back.Special Features:
- Neat idea but doesn't deliverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014My wife and I came here for our anniversary. Service was excellent! Food left a good bit to be desired. I chose the ribs after recommendation from the waiter. I found the ribs to be tough to eat. Flavor of the ribs were okay. My wife got the vegetables and they were pretty standard. We had high expectations just didn't measure up especially given the cost!
- Always Worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Bacon Brothers is about 40 minutes from my home, but I heard about it from some friends. Since I have dinned there five times, tried something different each time, and have yet to be disappointed! The menu is great, service is always stellar, and to my knowledge a somewhat unique dinning experience for Greenville.Special Features:
- Get the bacon carmel popcorn!RaveDined on 6/14/2014The service was pretty good, however, we were recommended the brisket when asking about that versus other options and it was not the best. Got the burger off a recommendation from a friend and that was delicious! I would highly recommend the carmel bacon popcorn though, that was amazing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DON'T LET THE STRIP MALL FOOL YOUIntownerDined on 6/12/2014Even though Bacon Brothers is tucked away in a strip mall in suburbia, the place has *substance.* They care about the food (my sandwich had a duck egg on it), and our server was excellent and consistently attentive. A fun place to have supper with friends. Go to Bacon Bros.Special Features:
- Fantastic Foodlove2allDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant is amazing everything is home made and Everything my family and I ever tried was the best. As in -"wow that is the best ___________ I have ever had".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Menu!happycoupleDined on 5/24/2014My Husband and I went here for the first time. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked in and saw the nice decor (kind of like farm chic). The menu was fantastic with new twists on Southern dishes. The food on the menu is grown in SC and the pork comes from a local reputable farm. You can see in the dishes that great care is taken with each meal and our server Scotty was great! He was super friendly and patient even though it was a busy night and he still managed to make himself available to us without being "too" attentive. We will definitely be back again since there is no other menu like this anywhere else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummmmissembDined on 5/24/2014what a great little place in an un-assuming strip mall. delicious food and great decor, make Bacon Bros. a wonderful restaurant. The brisket was awesome!Special Features:
- The following 55 reviews are from the Bacon Bros Public House reviews archive.
- I love the beetsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014My favorite item on the Bacon Bros menu is the pickled beets. I know they're not everyone's favorite, but I cannot get enough of them. My two youngest children love the breakfast for supper on the kids' menu, and this time my 13 year-old son had the adult version. I snuck a bite of one of the biscuits, and it was probably the best one I've ever had. I personally tried the catfish, and I cannot say enough good things about it. It was crispy without being greasy, and the poblano grits underneath were delicious but not too spicy. My husband enjoyed his burger, but missed his usual Brussels sprout salad (it's seasonal). LOVE the bacon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014My boyfriend and I ate here for my birthday lunch and it was fantastic. The deviled eggs are amazing and the Older Fashioned cocktail was delicious. Burger and pimento cheese also great. We came from Charlotte and will be back soon!
- Great for family and friendsUpstaterDined on 5/2/2014Bacon Bros Public House had an ample menu to keep the whole family pleased. I had smoked chicken, which was moist and tender on the inside and crisp on the outside. It was delicious and had a smoky flavor. The collard greens had a spicy kick. DD said her burger was the best she'd ever had! She got the single patty which was perfect for someone with a smaller appetite. Son had the BET sandwich: pork belly pastrami, duck egg and topped with arugula. The arugula gave it a peppery kick. I was glad he shared a bite! Husband had the barbecue plate. The surprising standout were the baked beans. They were delicious and must have been cooked all day on the smoker. His pulled pork BBQ was just ok. Everything else though was excellent! I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Little FindMimi74Dined on 4/26/2014The food was GREAT!!! The drinks where amazing! I really like the fact that you could see directly into the kitchen. Our server was amazing he answered all of our questions easily and quickly. We will be going back again! I will be telling everyone to go to this great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner 4/2014MarkJVIPDined on 4/22/2014Dinner with a small group. Dinner and service were both great. Definitely going to beback!Special Features:
- Name says it allkshawDined on 4/19/2014The restaurant is exactly what you would expect from a place named "Bacon Bros Public House." It is essentially a bbq place, but by no means is it a simple bbq joint. It is more like bbq joint meets gastro pub. The selection of smoked meats, mostly pork products, is very good. However, what makes the place really good is also is biggest problem. Everyone loves bacon (or should anyway!), but everyone also knows that too much bacon is not very good for you. It is hard not to walk out of Bacon Bros Public House feeling as though you just consumed enough salt and fat to last you a month.Special Features:
- A great niche restaurantAnonymousDined on 4/19/2014The ambiance and décor were remarkable but the menu is eclectic and did not appeal to all members of our group. I ended up with what I thought was a safe choice, a hamburger, and did not care for it. I can see why this is a popular choice but it didn't work for the older members of our group who favor a more traditional menu.Special Features:
- Crazy goodScottBDined on 4/16/2014I've been here 4 times now I think. Always delicious, the BET sandwich is out of this world, the Thanksgiving sandwich is incredible (seasonal), great potater tots, very good sides. Drinks are creative, beer selection is very good. Wine selection is ok - not bad, not great. Overall, I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BBQ, a fine findWithRespect4chefDined on 4/15/2014Casual dining. A bit rustic, purposefully. But for the food the BBQ style restaurant is "upscale". Dry rub ribs, shrimp and grits, collard greens, best I've ever have had. They even have a vegetarian plate of grilled vegetables that is worth the trip! Great beer and Bourbon selection. BBQ and Boubon that won't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dee-lish!MisterMangiareVIPDined on 4/12/2014Met up with friends here and all had a great time.Our server, Desirae, was quite knowledgeble about the menu items and attentive in her service. We started with the sausage appetizer....rabbit (different), andouiille (a little heat) and kielbasa (tasty). Then we had the BBQ Sampler which almost took up the whole table when served. Ribs were outstanding, as was the brisket. Even the chicken was sublime. Pulled pork was just ok and the kielbasa was again tasty! The sides were quite good (turnip green, BBQ beans, slaw and pickles) with the only complaint the quantity of these sides weren't enough to be shared by 4 adults. Will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food if....rthie330Dined on 4/11/2014you don't have a heart condition ;) The food is amazing, but healthy is not what they're aiming for. The various types and uses of bacon throughout the menu are phenomenal. I tried the beef bacon sandwich and loved it. We also had the pimento cheese with bacon jelly appetizer and a couple of sides with our entrees. Great food, decor and atmosphere in an unexpected place in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchMarkJVIPDined on 4/8/2014Great place for lunch. Took about 45 mins, and had a great lunch, not rushed and the food was great as always.Special Features:
- Wonderful food but slow service...Marlee104Dined on 3/27/2014My husband & I went here for the 1st time for my husband's birthday this week. We got the pimento cheese w/ bacon jam, pierogies, and fried pickles for appetizers. While the pimento cheese was okay, the bacon jam was absolutely amazing. We were fighting over the last bite! My mom got the italian sausage w/ onions & peppers and she thought it was great. The rest of us either got brisket or ribs and those picks were each amazing. The ribs were really tender and flavorful. They were second best we've ever had next to Authur Bryant's in St. Louis, MO...and that's saying a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - terrible service!SteveVIPDined on 3/15/2014We tried Bacon Bros. for the first time. The food was pretty good although we felt the portions were small for the price, but that wasn't a big issue, it was the service. We ordered salads and entrees and the whole experience took 1 1/2 hours! The people at the table next to us came after us, ordered appetizers and entrees and were leaving when our food finally came...but never got an apology from the server. Luckily as we waited 10 minutes to pay the bill...he disappeared and I flagged a guy down to pay our bill who happened to be the manager. He was very nice and made it right, but it was just luck we talked to him...but still left there with a very average experience.