133 Bradford St
Provincetown, MA 02657Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.backstreetptown.com/
- Phone: 5084139483x
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER (Closed Mondays)
Tuesday -Thursday 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Fri, Sat & Sun 5:30-11:00 pm
RAW BAR HAPPY HOUR
Fri, Sat & Sun 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Raul Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only)
A word from Backstreet
Backstreet is now open in Provincetown! Raul Garcia's Creativity and ability to fuse multi-cultural influences in his cooking make for unique flavor and extraordinary dishes. Chef Raul always incorporates locally grown and farm raised items into his menu. The BACKSTREET menu will provide your pallete with a plethora of flavors to savor and enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Backstreet - Best Restaurants in Provincetown ›
Backstreet reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (97)great for outdoor dining (75)romantic (68)special occasion (64)neighborhood gem (64)good for groups (26)hot spot (26)notable wine list (21)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Good Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We arrived on time for our reservation, but there was no one there to greet us or seat us. We saw a waiter who didn't say someone would be right with us. Someone finally came and seated us but then we waited a long time time for a waiter. He was slow in taking both our beverage and food order. Our food took a long time but was very good. There really seemed to be no one in charge!Special Features:
- Pre -wedding dinnerLovetoeatDined on 9/11/2014We had a party of 8 and were seated on a private wine room which was very nice. Appetizers were fantastic. The food was good. Ribeye steak dinner could have been a little better but most of the group ate spaghetti and clams and were happy. Our server Anthan was knowledgeable about the wine and food lists. We had a great evening and everyone was pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to PtownHappy2BinTruroDined on 9/5/2014Happily surprised. Food very good and we ate upstairs and found it cozy and quiet. Interesting and flavorful twists to each dish. Nice presentation. Flexible service which is nice. Our party of four did a lot of sharing - which is encouraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful but disappointingFionaVIPDined on 9/2/2014Our waiter was new and friendly but still needed to learn alot about the menu and what was in the dishes. However - it was the food that turned out to be the disappointment as well as the prices. It was overpriced - even for Ptown. And - the food was so salty that it was just about impossible to eat. That was all of our dinners -not just one. So -sorry to say - not one of us will go back. It was not at all crowded so we cou;d have just walked in. The physical plant was lovely but that all goes by the wayside when you can't eat the foodSpecial Features:
- Excellent food & servicenimhVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have been back to Backstreet six times this season. The food is always excellent, eclectic and well flavored. This time we got the moqueca and the rib eye steak and both were truly flavorful and enjoyable. The bar also has a very eclectic collection of drinks and liquor. The staff are always very attentive and friendly. Backstreet is truly a gem. A great addition to the Provincetown dining scene.Special Features:
- Keeps getting better every timePtownBoyzVIPDined on 8/28/2014If it is possible! This was one of the best new spots this summer. A great Change from the last owner at the location. Ask for recommendations you will be very delighted .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Backstreet is relatively new in Ptown (on the site of 10 Tables) and has been getting decidedly mixed reviews. We dined outdoors where it was quiet, so noise was not an issue as others have reported. The food was a wonderful, eclectic blend, bringing a whole new dining experience to the Cape. The wine list might be off-putting to some, but — as a wine aficionado — I found it exceptional. There were lots of unusual, interesting choices; a welcome break from so much California/domestic wine lists. Service was good, though as they got busier it inevitably slowed. If we hadn't needed to get to a shop before it closed this would not have been an issue at all and we would have lingered much longer, enjoying the nighttime air. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experience!FooditudeVIPDined on 8/27/2014By far the best overall dining experience we had while here for one week, and we ate out every meal. The staff was so warm and cordial. But the food, it was far exceptional to any place we tried while here. The appetizer of heirloom tomatoes and barata was exquisite. Entrees of sea bass and Atlantic salmon was perfection. Side of red warm cabbage, delightful. The outdoor dining patio was gorgeous. Quiet and relaxing under the stars. Try the chocolate cake for dessert, with Indian spiced vanilla ice cream was omg the best! And the entire staff were just delightful in every way! Our favorite place in Ptown! And they are off the beaten path. go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very enjoyable evening.psguyVIPDined on 8/26/2014It was our first visit to Backstreet and we will definitely be back. The food and service was very good. It's a very small and intimate restaurant. The menu has a good selection creative dishes. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second timeLocalsDined on 8/26/2014First experience in July was excellent. We couldn't wait to Crepes appetizer was bland and stuffed with heavy cheese and sauce; very little of the so called main ingredient. We all had gazpacho; the serving was huge but taste was mild and not spicy enough. Partner had rib eye steak for dinner; it was not a rib eye cut but seemed like a skirt steak. Tough and over cooked. I had red snapper maqueca , which I had the last time. This time the sauce wS very heavy and the fish was different. The fish was either not fresh or really over cooked. The chef must have had the night off. We were so disappointed.
- 2nd times a charmmitchellVIPDined on 8/24/2014We brought friends to our new find and what a delightful evening under the stars feasting on wonderful and huge salads and great duck spring rolls we ordered the specials of the night, great steaks seasoned and cooked perfectly and wonderful bass and salmon. But the true star of the night, beside Rassa, was her homemade dark german chocolate cake served with a curry coconut gelato and creme brûlée that floated down your throat and the lightest and most flavorful carrot cake….again the best staff in P-town…lucky us!!!…next time it's tuna tartare with avocado and pork shank..will let you know how wonderful it isSpecial Features:
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2014Not a place for kids. Was told I was getting udon but was clearly served linguini (my husband ordered the linguini and they were identical). When I inquired, the server insisted that the pastas were different. Would have been perfect without our five year old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InnovativeJimmVIPDined on 8/23/2014The chef uses interesting ingredients and combinations well! The menu is diverse and accommodates vegans/vegetarians easily! Tiramisu was divine!Special Features:
- Outstanding all around experienceDanHVIPDined on 8/22/2014Went here to celebrate our anniversary...everything about Backstreet terrific. By far, this was our best meal in Ptown, having eaten out 6 nights in a row. The Diva crepes with mushroom duxelles filling were outstanding. We also ordered the blue corn calamari, which was very good. Hubby had the moqueca which came with a huge portion of red snapper, simmered in cocunutmilk coconut milk and dende oil (which gives it quite a kick). I ordered the special rib-eye...definitely need to order it medium/rare instead of medium. We also ordered a side of red cabbag e green chile slaw...delicious! For dessert we shared the German chocolate cake with curried ice cream which was amazing. We loved our evening there and look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014We found this in open table and decided to give it a try. The food drinks and service were so good we went back the next night. They are two for two. I highly recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- New contender in P'townRickVIPDined on 8/19/2014Backstreet, which opened this year, is a new contender for top restaurant in P'town. The menu is creative, the nightly specials were all exceptional. Service also suburb. It is very small with limited seating, which is also part of it's charm. Reservation for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- .YummyTwoinahundredDined on 8/17/2014Noisy for older folks. Outstanding food, especially dessert. Please tell the busboy not to clear the table until everyone else is finished eating.Special Features:
- Amazing, yet againandrewatmimeresDined on 8/17/2014My fourth of four great meals at Backstreet this year. I was there opening weekend and now three more times and it has been fantastic at every turn. My only complaint is that it can be loud downstairs, but upstairs is quieter. Food is great, service outstanding, the owners take incredibly good care of their customers and make a point to visit tables - all the hallmarks of a great establishment. Andrew Hood Mimere's Homemade Provincetown, MASpecial Features:
- Slow Service, Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014Backstreet was recommended by a local so we had high hopes for a positive experience. Pleasant, warm dining room and some of the dishes coming out of the kitchen looked wonderful. Service was incredibly slow. We ordered a seafood sampler platter, which was fine since everything was raw. It took us nearly 2 hours from the time we were seated at our table until our entrees were served, and no excuse was offered for the delay. Three of us dining and none were impressed with the entrees - pork loin, skirt steak and sea bass. One of the more disappointing dining experiences during our visit to Provincetown.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/15/2014Great food and ambience! I wanted to try everything on the menu! We'll be backSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Ordered rip eye medium-served rare and tough-noise level was extreme on second floor loft. Need to install sound attenuation panels on sloped ceiling.Very inexpensive fix.Special Features:
- S - L - O - WCarolVIPDined on 8/10/2014No one appeared for over 15 minutes to take our drink order, and then within two minutes of each other, three different waiters appeared, each thinking they were our waiter. It took a very long time to receive our food, but once it arrived it was very good. The Caesar salad was average but the large Parmesan crisp on top was great. The soft-shell crab was crisp and delicious. The tuna tartar was a generous portion and well flavored; the sea bass was delicious as well. The tables around us seemed to be having the same slow service. You would think at this point in the busy summer tourist season, the restaurant would have their service issues solved by now; the front of the house needs serious attention to solve their problems.Special Features:
- Lucky UsmitchellVIPDined on 8/9/2014...what a treat to live in P-town and have a restaurant like Backstreet. Beautiful garden, great drinks and menu and an unbelievable waitstaff. Biggest treat was meeting the owner Rassa, so welcoming and a P'town treasurer. I'm really a foodie and fussy and this is a place I'll be bringing all my guest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!MickeybnyDined on 8/9/2014We had a great meal with top notch food and service. The lobster gnocchi dish was extremely tasteful and a must order delight. He had the halibut and I had lamb chops and both loved the dish. We finished with dessert with a lemon pie which I just loved! He had the molten lava cake and said it was ok. A dinner for two with a bottle of wine with tip was $175. We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014Provincetown has a fair amount of great restaurants. That being said most of them have been here for awhile. Many of the new ones are just so-so. This one really stands out. The food was delicious and creative. The staff was professional and on the ball. I hope it continues to do well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic!happycamperDined on 8/8/2014Unquestionably one of the best meals I've had in a while. We had the duck spring rolls and spicy tuna tartare for appetizers. Personally, I prefer spring rolls that aren't friend, but these were excellent. The tuna was even better -- absolutely magnificent. For entries, my wife had the sea bass which was very good, while I had the shrimp and grits which was wonderful. We also split a side dish of the green chile quinoa which was also great. The service was also impeccable -- friendly and helpful without being obtrusive. I should mention that we were there at opening time of 5:30, so there weren't that many other tables. The noise level or service might be different later in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very long wait for foodDisappointmentVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food was good and our waitress was nice & sweet ... Now the bad part - it took 20 mins to get our drinks, 45 mins to get our salad, 75 mins for our entrees. Very big disappointment, was hoping to make this a regular place to visit each week while we are in Ptown for the summer, but will not return until possibly next year when the kitchen figures things out or new staff is hired. We ended up being late for a show due to this mess, expected better from a place like this in Ptown.
- entreesRosyDined on 8/7/2014The other dished were excellent, but the main course had no fresh foods from the northeast and Ptown, no local fish, crab, lobster, scallops etc. The cerviche was super.Special Features:
- Excellent diningSheilatiniDined on 8/6/2014We reserved a table and it was ready when we arrived. Our waitress was complete professional, friendly, helpful with suggestions, checking on our progress without being intrusive. My guest and I were very pleased with our meals: he ate the home-made linguini with clams in a white sauce and I had a NY strip steak. The steak was so tender and flavorful and the portion was generous. The linguini and clams was equally delicious: no pasty or gluey white sauce like I've had at other restaurants. This was flavorful and the pasta was cooked to perfection. The arugula salad and Caesar salad were both fine. The only thing we didn't care for was the bread which I think was corn bread but was very salty and had a sponge-like consistency.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014Food was pretty good. Service was pretty bad. Our first two selections of wines on the wine list were not available. The waiter did not bring us bread until we asked for it. The food was not served in unison. A few of us got our main courses and the rest of us had to wait. The waiter only brought one dessert menu instead of giving one to each of us....I don't think I would go back...but maybe would give it a second try.Special Features:
- Creative flavors, excellent food.love2dineoutDined on 8/1/2014Excellent food and service. Unusual flavors. Noise level too highSpecial Features:
- Backstreet's back alrightCLOMB33Dined on 7/29/2014Cocktails were great. Appetizers were inspired. Dinner was amazing. The New York strip was incredible. And dessert was the perfect finish. This place is suitable for all occasions and will deliver a fine meal for someone looking for a unique palette of tastes. Thanks backstreet!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LandTDinersDined on 7/26/2014The inside was too loud. We have not eat outside so I cannot comment to that. The food was all very spicy. Even food which the server specifically said, "this is not too spicy at all." The drinks were very good.Special Features:
- weekendersDined on 7/26/2014food was delicious w/ innovative approaches to classics. I had Linguine w/ clams and it was great with lots of veggies (tomato,fennel, celery onions mixed into the pasta . The steak w/ chimichurri was great and the appetizers tasy and well presented. The German Chocolate cake w/ coconut curry ice cream was amazing. all in all good food, good prices - Get an outdoor table if possible, noisey inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent-must try!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014So glad 5 of us dined at Backstreet on Sat night. We arrived a bit early and were immediately seated by a very welcoming hostess. Our waitress was personable and very attentive to our group all evening. Drinks were great; the food was wonderfully prepared and imaginative. I forgot my credit card on the table and was called immediately to let me know...great customer service! Online reviews were "iffy" and I'm so glad we disregarded them and tried Backstreet. I'll definitely return- very soon!!Special Features:
- Second time not as memorablePtownBoyzVIPDined on 7/25/2014We recently had dinner at the restaurant with friends. We mentioned how good the food and service is. However, being in the height of the summer season, it was not as memorable this time. Our waiter was Adonis. He was very attentive and personable. He slipped in service at the very end when the restaurant became busier. Our dinners were delicious. However, our guest ordered the halibut fish and had to send it back twice since it arrived cold. Once it was heated, he stated it was most delicious. The overall dining experience was great but not superb. Our guests stated that they enjoyed the place, service, and how delicious the food was, when the fish finally arrived hot. We will be back again. If you want innovative cooking, Backstreet is itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Going BackMakDDined on 7/23/2014Acoustics unpleasantly loud. Mosquitoes upstairs bit us all over. Oversalted bits of focaccia were "to be eaten with butter & goat cheese mix". Who knew! How can anyone ruin grits? So salty they left an unpleasant aftertaste. Stopped after a few mouthfuls & asked to take it away. Worse yet, ordered the special & got a different dish. Owner explained that our waiter told us about last week"s special! Sorry excuse for poor management. The menu should be reviewed by the manager with staff before the dinner service. The original order was made, came out quickly - bad sign! Gnocchi were a DISGRACE! Don't call them that if they look & taste like squished squash balls. Nothing was comped either! Poorly run front & back of house.
- not firing on all cylindersFramboisVIPDined on 7/22/2014This restaurant overreaches, trying to put out interesting dishes with ingredients that somehow don't always mesh. Such was the case with my burger, which was dry despite being ordered medium rare, and overpowered by the spices. The french fries, however, were outstanding. Our server was new and was not familiar with the menu, but was otherwise professional and pleasant.
- Needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/20/2014The tomato salad was terribly unripe, hard like an apple. when I tried to return it, the manager attempted to educate me that heirloom tomatoes are supposed to be green and hard like that. The medium rare pork chop I ordered was well done and dry.
- Great food, Great noiseyearrounderDined on 7/20/2014Innovative menu, excellent food, accommodating and friendly service, but the tables are close and the noise level makes it difficult to converse with your table mates or to hear the servers recitation of specials and deserts.Special Features: