133 Bradford St
Provincetown, MA 02657Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.backstreetptown.com/
- Phone: 5084139483x
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER (Closed Mondays)
Tuesday -Thursday 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Fri, Sat & Sun 5:30-11:00 pm
RAW BAR HAPPY HOUR
Fri, Sat & Sun 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Raul Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only)
A word from Backstreet
Backstreet is now open in Provincetown! Raul Garcia's Creativity and ability to fuse multi-cultural influences in his cooking make for unique flavor and extraordinary dishes. Chef Raul always incorporates locally grown and farm raised items into his menu. The BACKSTREET menu will provide your pallete with a plethora of flavors to savor and enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Backstreet - Best Restaurants in Provincetown ›
Backstreet reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)great for outdoor dining (66)romantic (63)special occasion (60)neighborhood gem (58)hot spot (23)good for groups (23)late-night find (16)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- A very enjoyable evening.psguyVIPDined on 8/26/2014It was our first visit to Backstreet and we will definitely be back. The food and service was very good. It's a very small and intimate restaurant. The menu has a good selection creative dishes. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014First experience in July was excellent. We couldn't wait to Crepes appetizer was bland and stuffed with heavy cheese and sauce; very little of the so called main ingredient. We all had gazpacho; the serving was huge but taste was mild and not spicy enough. Partner had rib eye steak for dinner; it was not a rib eye cut but seemed like a skirt steak. Tough and over cooked. I had red snapper maqueca , which I had the last time. This time the sauce wS very heavy and the fish was different. The fish was either not fresh or really over cooked. The chef must have had the night off. We were so disappointed.
- 2nd times a charmmitchellVIPDined on 8/24/2014We brought friends to our new find and what a delightful evening under the stars feasting on wonderful and huge salads and great duck spring rolls we ordered the specials of the night, great steaks seasoned and cooked perfectly and wonderful bass and salmon. But the true star of the night, beside Rassa, was her homemade dark german chocolate cake served with a curry coconut gelato and creme brûlée that floated down your throat and the lightest and most flavorful carrot cake….again the best staff in P-town…lucky us!!!…next time it's tuna tartare with avocado and pork shank..will let you know how wonderful it isSpecial Features:
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2014Not a place for kids. Was told I was getting udon but was clearly served linguini (my husband ordered the linguini and they were identical). When I inquired, the server insisted that the pastas were different. Would have been perfect without our five year old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InnovativeJimmDined on 8/23/2014The chef uses interesting ingredients and combinations well! The menu is diverse and accommodates vegans/vegetarians easily! Tiramisu was divine!Special Features:
- Outstanding all around experienceDanHVIPDined on 8/22/2014Went here to celebrate our anniversary...everything about Backstreet terrific. By far, this was our best meal in Ptown, having eaten out 6 nights in a row. The Diva crepes with mushroom duxelles filling were outstanding. We also ordered the blue corn calamari, which was very good. Hubby had the moqueca which came with a huge portion of red snapper, simmered in cocunutmilk coconut milk and dende oil (which gives it quite a kick). I ordered the special rib-eye...definitely need to order it medium/rare instead of medium. We also ordered a side of red cabbag e green chile slaw...delicious! For dessert we shared the German chocolate cake with curried ice cream which was amazing. We loved our evening there and look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014We found this in open table and decided to give it a try. The food drinks and service were so good we went back the next night. They are two for two. I highly recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- New contender in P'townRickVIPDined on 8/19/2014Backstreet, which opened this year, is a new contender for top restaurant in P'town. The menu is creative, the nightly specials were all exceptional. Service also suburb. It is very small with limited seating, which is also part of it's charm. Reservation for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- .YummyTwoinahundredDined on 8/17/2014Noisy for older folks. Outstanding food, especially dessert. Please tell the busboy not to clear the table until everyone else is finished eating.Special Features:
- Amazing, yet againandrewatmimeresDined on 8/17/2014My fourth of four great meals at Backstreet this year. I was there opening weekend and now three more times and it has been fantastic at every turn. My only complaint is that it can be loud downstairs, but upstairs is quieter. Food is great, service outstanding, the owners take incredibly good care of their customers and make a point to visit tables - all the hallmarks of a great establishment. Andrew Hood Mimere's Homemade Provincetown, MASpecial Features:
- Slow Service, Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014Backstreet was recommended by a local so we had high hopes for a positive experience. Pleasant, warm dining room and some of the dishes coming out of the kitchen looked wonderful. Service was incredibly slow. We ordered a seafood sampler platter, which was fine since everything was raw. It took us nearly 2 hours from the time we were seated at our table until our entrees were served, and no excuse was offered for the delay. Three of us dining and none were impressed with the entrees - pork loin, skirt steak and sea bass. One of the more disappointing dining experiences during our visit to Provincetown.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/15/2014Great food and ambience! I wanted to try everything on the menu! We'll be backSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Ordered rip eye medium-served rare and tough-noise level was extreme on second floor loft. Need to install sound attenuation panels on sloped ceiling.Very inexpensive fix.Special Features:
- S - L - O - WCarolVIPDined on 8/10/2014No one appeared for over 15 minutes to take our drink order, and then within two minutes of each other, three different waiters appeared, each thinking they were our waiter. It took a very long time to receive our food, but once it arrived it was very good. The Caesar salad was average but the large Parmesan crisp on top was great. The soft-shell crab was crisp and delicious. The tuna tartar was a generous portion and well flavored; the sea bass was delicious as well. The tables around us seemed to be having the same slow service. You would think at this point in the busy summer tourist season, the restaurant would have their service issues solved by now; the front of the house needs serious attention to solve their problems.Special Features:
- Lucky UsmitchellVIPDined on 8/9/2014...what a treat to live in P-town and have a restaurant like Backstreet. Beautiful garden, great drinks and menu and an unbelievable waitstaff. Biggest treat was meeting the owner Rassa, so welcoming and a P'town treasurer. I'm really a foodie and fussy and this is a place I'll be bringing all my guest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!MickeybnyDined on 8/9/2014We had a great meal with top notch food and service. The lobster gnocchi dish was extremely tasteful and a must order delight. He had the halibut and I had lamb chops and both loved the dish. We finished with dessert with a lemon pie which I just loved! He had the molten lava cake and said it was ok. A dinner for two with a bottle of wine with tip was $175. We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014Provincetown has a fair amount of great restaurants. That being said most of them have been here for awhile. Many of the new ones are just so-so. This one really stands out. The food was delicious and creative. The staff was professional and on the ball. I hope it continues to do well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic!happycamperDined on 8/8/2014Unquestionably one of the best meals I've had in a while. We had the duck spring rolls and spicy tuna tartare for appetizers. Personally, I prefer spring rolls that aren't friend, but these were excellent. The tuna was even better -- absolutely magnificent. For entries, my wife had the sea bass which was very good, while I had the shrimp and grits which was wonderful. We also split a side dish of the green chile quinoa which was also great. The service was also impeccable -- friendly and helpful without being obtrusive. I should mention that we were there at opening time of 5:30, so there weren't that many other tables. The noise level or service might be different later in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very long wait for foodDisappointmentVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food was good and our waitress was nice & sweet ... Now the bad part - it took 20 mins to get our drinks, 45 mins to get our salad, 75 mins for our entrees. Very big disappointment, was hoping to make this a regular place to visit each week while we are in Ptown for the summer, but will not return until possibly next year when the kitchen figures things out or new staff is hired. We ended up being late for a show due to this mess, expected better from a place like this in Ptown.
- entreesRosyDined on 8/7/2014The other dished were excellent, but the main course had no fresh foods from the northeast and Ptown, no local fish, crab, lobster, scallops etc. The cerviche was super.Special Features:
- Excellent diningSheilatiniDined on 8/6/2014We reserved a table and it was ready when we arrived. Our waitress was complete professional, friendly, helpful with suggestions, checking on our progress without being intrusive. My guest and I were very pleased with our meals: he ate the home-made linguini with clams in a white sauce and I had a NY strip steak. The steak was so tender and flavorful and the portion was generous. The linguini and clams was equally delicious: no pasty or gluey white sauce like I've had at other restaurants. This was flavorful and the pasta was cooked to perfection. The arugula salad and Caesar salad were both fine. The only thing we didn't care for was the bread which I think was corn bread but was very salty and had a sponge-like consistency.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014Food was pretty good. Service was pretty bad. Our first two selections of wines on the wine list were not available. The waiter did not bring us bread until we asked for it. The food was not served in unison. A few of us got our main courses and the rest of us had to wait. The waiter only brought one dessert menu instead of giving one to each of us....I don't think I would go back...but maybe would give it a second try.Special Features:
- Creative flavors, excellent food.love2dineoutDined on 8/1/2014Excellent food and service. Unusual flavors. Noise level too highSpecial Features:
- Backstreet's back alrightCLOMB33Dined on 7/29/2014Cocktails were great. Appetizers were inspired. Dinner was amazing. The New York strip was incredible. And dessert was the perfect finish. This place is suitable for all occasions and will deliver a fine meal for someone looking for a unique palette of tastes. Thanks backstreet!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LandTDinersDined on 7/26/2014The inside was too loud. We have not eat outside so I cannot comment to that. The food was all very spicy. Even food which the server specifically said, "this is not too spicy at all." The drinks were very good.Special Features:
- weekendersDined on 7/26/2014food was delicious w/ innovative approaches to classics. I had Linguine w/ clams and it was great with lots of veggies (tomato,fennel, celery onions mixed into the pasta . The steak w/ chimichurri was great and the appetizers tasy and well presented. The German Chocolate cake w/ coconut curry ice cream was amazing. all in all good food, good prices - Get an outdoor table if possible, noisey inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent-must try!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014So glad 5 of us dined at Backstreet on Sat night. We arrived a bit early and were immediately seated by a very welcoming hostess. Our waitress was personable and very attentive to our group all evening. Drinks were great; the food was wonderfully prepared and imaginative. I forgot my credit card on the table and was called immediately to let me know...great customer service! Online reviews were "iffy" and I'm so glad we disregarded them and tried Backstreet. I'll definitely return- very soon!!Special Features:
- Second time not as memorablePtownBoyzVIPDined on 7/25/2014We recently had dinner at the restaurant with friends. We mentioned how good the food and service is. However, being in the height of the summer season, it was not as memorable this time. Our waiter was Adonis. He was very attentive and personable. He slipped in service at the very end when the restaurant became busier. Our dinners were delicious. However, our guest ordered the halibut fish and had to send it back twice since it arrived cold. Once it was heated, he stated it was most delicious. The overall dining experience was great but not superb. Our guests stated that they enjoyed the place, service, and how delicious the food was, when the fish finally arrived hot. We will be back again. If you want innovative cooking, Backstreet is itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Going BackMakDDined on 7/23/2014Acoustics unpleasantly loud. Mosquitoes upstairs bit us all over. Oversalted bits of focaccia were "to be eaten with butter & goat cheese mix". Who knew! How can anyone ruin grits? So salty they left an unpleasant aftertaste. Stopped after a few mouthfuls & asked to take it away. Worse yet, ordered the special & got a different dish. Owner explained that our waiter told us about last week"s special! Sorry excuse for poor management. The menu should be reviewed by the manager with staff before the dinner service. The original order was made, came out quickly - bad sign! Gnocchi were a DISGRACE! Don't call them that if they look & taste like squished squash balls. Nothing was comped either! Poorly run front & back of house.
- not firing on all cylindersFramboisVIPDined on 7/22/2014This restaurant overreaches, trying to put out interesting dishes with ingredients that somehow don't always mesh. Such was the case with my burger, which was dry despite being ordered medium rare, and overpowered by the spices. The french fries, however, were outstanding. Our server was new and was not familiar with the menu, but was otherwise professional and pleasant.
- Needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/20/2014The tomato salad was terribly unripe, hard like an apple. when I tried to return it, the manager attempted to educate me that heirloom tomatoes are supposed to be green and hard like that. The medium rare pork chop I ordered was well done and dry.
- Great food, Great noiseyearrounderDined on 7/20/2014Innovative menu, excellent food, accommodating and friendly service, but the tables are close and the noise level makes it difficult to converse with your table mates or to hear the servers recitation of specials and deserts.Special Features:
- Good first visitLeot2tDined on 7/20/2014Ordered the raw bar sampler for shared app. Good, fresh seafood. Didn't really like the cocktail sauce with the shrimp or the sauce for the clams. Minionete was delicious. For entree...hallibut was awesome. Large portion cooked perfectly. Spicy Brazilian red snapper was good. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked it a lot!MaxOsloDined on 7/19/2014First we had a table inside, but it was really cold, especially at our table right next to the AC. After complaining twice, the nice staff suggested a table on the patio for us instead, which was great. The duck confit spring roll starter was rather dry, but the main courses were great. The tuna was excellent. Really nice staff, both the hostess and the waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite PickOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014One of the best restaurants in Provincetown. I hope they continue to offer excellent food.Special Features:
- the next hot restaurant in Ptown?Rpal1375VIPDined on 7/18/2014Backstreet might be! Really liked the food and David was a terrific waiter. To start we had the tuna tartare and blue corn calamari. Both winners. A bit of a lag between the appetizers and our entrées but worth the wait! We both had grilled lamb chops which were a special. Perfectly cooked, served with a fig balsamic reduction. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedDdurnDined on 7/18/2014The menu was interesting, the food was good - I had the shrimp and grits - grits were delicious - nice spice and texture. The shrimp was just shrimp - nothing special. My husband had the sea bass - it was a little bland. I was hoping to have the chocolate oatmeal that I had read about in other reviews for dessert, but it was not offered on the night we were there. We skipped dessert. The service, while friendly, was FAST. We barely had time to finish one course when the wait staff was waiting at our table with the next. Overall, I would recommend Backstreet. I was expecting to be "wowed", and wasn't though I'd be willing to give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gaelobDined on 7/16/2014The food is good and so was the service. The noise level was very loud however. But the most disturbing thing was the 20% tip added to our bill with no notification at all! If we had not been diligent, we would have tipped him again! And, by the way, we were only a party of four! Very bad!! I also think it is illegal to add a tip with no notification on the menu. I find it hard to recommend this restaurant because of this practice. People will be fooled into double tipping.Special Features:
- jackVIPDined on 7/15/2014Backstreet is in an old house and because of that it has a poor layout. In the center of the house is the kitchen, bar pickup and dish room and from our table you could see all the activity going on and it didn't add to the ambiance of the restaurant. Also, when we were seated, it took a long time for a server to finally acknowledge our table of 7.
- Scallop special outstandingLuv2eatgreatfoodDined on 7/13/2014Apps Devine, good selection of wines and decent prices. Service excellent, bread basket skimpy. Enjoyed specials, sea bass is really striped bass. Overall great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.