Backstage Pub and Grill
501 Smith Street
Schenectady, NY 12305Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Backstage Pub and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thebackstagepubandgrill.com/
- Phone: 5183445120
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
During Proctors events
Monday: 5:00pm - Close
Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - Close
Kitchen open unti 12 midnight, bar later
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Brian Coyne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering is available. Please stop in and request a catering menu so that we can help make your next event even more special.
- Private Party Facilities: Full banquet room upstairs available. Maximum capacity of 70 people. Private entrance and restrooms as well. Let us host your next event, and see why the Backstage Pub is the place people are talking about!
- Private Party Contact: Casey Blum 5182095831
- Entertainment: Among the fun times we offer is our Wednesday night team trivia. Compete for prizes and complimentary food or drinks as you try to rack up as many points as you can with your stored 'useless knowledge'. Class starts at 8:30PM!
- Cross Street: Clinton St.
- Public Transit: Public Transport travels up State Street, which is 200 yards from our door.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Please note there are 2 parking lots right next to our building. Although we do not own the rights to either, our customers are allowed to park there. During Proctors shows, the owners of these lots do charge $5-10. There is also street parking available.
A word from Backstage Pub and Grill
Backstage Pub is under new ownership since August 2012. It is a neighborhood tavern with a catchphrase of "Enter As Strangers; Leave As Friends". And that is exactly how everybody feels when stopping in. We offer 14 different draft beers, focusing on local craft selections, and a full menu until midnight every day. Come find out why cast and crew members from all of the Proctors shows choose the Backstage Pub as a place they spend their down time at. We are family friendly, with dart boards upstairs. Also available is a 66 person private banquet room for all of your events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Backstage Pub and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for lunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- theaterpatronDined on 6/5/2014Found the atmosphere comfortable, the service efficient and friendly, and the food was excellent with more than ample portions. We found it to be convenient to the theater and a very good value. We would and have recommended it.Special Features:
- seated in the barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014even though we made a reservation, we were seated in the bar at a high top. all others who came in went upstairs for their reserved seats to a dining room??? I am not sure we needed to make the reservation, even though each person who did not go directly to the bar was asked if they and a reservation. I was disappointed in our seats. Also, my dinner was supposed to come with bread or rolls but none were ever served.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Spot before the theater!!MarkieDined on 5/29/2014I have had several meals at the Back Stage Pub and as always they have been great. The portions are large, I usually take half my meal home. The wait staff is extremely friendly and they all seem to help each other. The BSP is conveniently located. I've never been late for a show!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 25 reviews are from the Backstage Pub and Grill reviews archive.
- Great spot!LuckyDined on 4/3/2014Our experience was great. Casey was a great host, very friendly and extremely helpful. The food was excellent and we met some people there. We will plan on going there for lunch each time we attend Proctors on Thursday afternoons. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of someone like Casey to be so friendly and helpful. Thanks for a very good experience. Lew VarneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time backtjc1230Dined on 3/17/2014We liked it so much last time we came back. We are happy we did ! Great food with a fair price. Service was friendly and fast. Once again.....we will be back :)Special Features:
- great location for proctors theaterhungryDined on 3/14/2014Park easily and enjoy theatre. Just basic bar and bar food, nothing special. Friendly service and reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been there several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014I've been there several times before shows at Proctor's. Service is always on the slow side, but the good food usually balances that out. There is however no excuse, at 6:00 on a Saturday night to be out of decaf coffee and milk.
- Best Wings Ever!!!!CinzieVIPDined on 3/1/2014The restaurant totally surprised us!!!…The parking cost $5 because a performance was going on at Proctors but it was well worth it!…The pub is small but wonderful atmosphere and very clean appearance….Our waitress was so nice too…..The wings were so large and delicious ….the small salads we ordered on the side were fresh…including red roasted peppers and flavorful dressing….can't wait to return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a mid-size group of 6OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Took a mid-size group of 6 there after Sister Act at Proctor's. Great food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodrobinVIPDined on 2/22/2014Most of all it ws freeing in there. Would not go back
- TheaterJeffDined on 2/13/2014Great location for Proctor's theater-goers. Great service and good pub food and beer.Special Features:
- Slow KitchenaveragejoeDined on 2/13/2014Good pub food. Kitchen very slow, waited an hour for food, people who were seated well after us receievd their orders before us. Appetizer of wings came out with wrong sauce, sent back ended up cancelling it because our main course aarived. Wait staff was very good apologized profusely for the problems. I would go again, any restaurant can have an off night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The location near ProctorsDisappointedDined on 2/8/2014The location near Proctors was the primary reason we decided to try the pub. We were seated at a table next the kitchen door and every time the outside door opened, a rush of cold air flooded into our seating area. There was also a draft from the kitchen which only aggravated the situation. The back and forth of the staff was annoying as well. We were cold (very cold) most of our dinner and our food (which we thought was only fair) got cold well before we finished our meal. They need to improve the seating arrangements, especially in cold weather, and work on the quality of the food. Sorry I couldn't give them a better rating.
- SLOWrockofagesDined on 2/1/2014The food was just ok but the time it took to get the food was way too long, roughly 40 minutes. The worst part is it has happened before so I doubt if we would be coming back again.
- Table for 6tjc1230Dined on 1/23/2014We made reservations for 6 people for a get together before a show at proctors. Everyone was happy with the food and i had the best Reuben ever !! There was a good choice of beer on tap. The service was good and fairly quick. We all agreed that this is a place to come back too!Special Features:
- DislikebutblooDined on 1/17/2014We have very unpleasant experience at The Backstage Pub. We had reserved a table for 6:15 we arrived and were seated right away. We had tickets for the 8;00 show at Proctors. Our meal was served at 7:45 so we had our meal packaged to go. The stress we were put in at the restaurant was not pleasant at all. Would we recommend this place no not if you are going to the show.
- Okay place to eatradhDined on 1/17/2014We thought the menu was limited. But it is a Pub, so guess we should not have expected more. Food was good, but nothing outstanding. A good place if looking for a beer & a burger.Special Features:
- Appetizer did not come outBryanDined on 1/16/2014Appetizer did not come out before the meal, it was served with dinner. Wings were okay, but didn't taste any garlic. My quesadilla was wrong; ordered pulled pork but received chicken. I understand it was very busy being a show night at Proctor's, but they must deal with this issue all the time, given their close proximity to Proctor's. They should put more staff on during the dinner rush hour. We had plenty of time to eat (6 pm arrival) and get to the show for 8 pmI would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty!cheesewineDined on 1/15/2014We love the meatball torpedo at Backstage! They have a very acceptable beer list as well. The baked ziti with meatballs is super tasty Too. You will not be disappointed :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OneLDined on 12/22/2013OMG, great sweet potato fries and excellent burgers. Fish fry looked awesome. Everyone at our table was very happy with their meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fits us just perfect !RickLizDined on 12/15/2013This is the second time we have dined at backstage. We were greeted and immediately seated. The drinks hit the spot. They have extensive offerings of sandwiches, wraps, salads, and full dinners. We enjoyed our appetizer (again) and our sandwiches were great. Beside the good food and friendly service...its located directly behind Proctor's theatre. Try it, you'll like it !Special Features:
- Horrible ExperienceJenniferDined on 11/22/2013There was 5 of us, we made reservations for 6:30 and had a show at Proctors at 8. We figured and hour and a half would be more then enough time. We ordered our drinks then when the drinks came out we ordered our food. 45 minutes later we were wondering where our food was. (we only ordered sandwhiches) We asked the waitress and she said she would find out. When she came back she said it would be out momentarily, at this time it is 7:30. She then came out 10 minutes later and said our food wouldnt be out in time for us to make it to the show. She said she forgot to put our order in. Also keep in mind when we ordered our food it was NOT that busy. Will NEVER go back to this place.
- Great Food and ServiceSweetDevilDined on 11/22/2013The food is great and the prices are awesome. The only tip I have is that if you're eating hot food I'd ask for a table upstairs in the cold weather because the doors constantly opening downstairs causes a cool draft.Special Features:
- Downtown Proctors DiningKarenDined on 11/6/2013We were really pleased with the proximity and food selection for an opportunity to have dinner before a night at Proctors. We could park, walk to dinner and just around the corner was our concert, everything within a single block. The food selection was great with various types of entrees and appetizers. Portions were generous and really excellent flavor and pricing. Casual dress made this the perfect spot before the concert. Absolutely it will be the place to go when attending another event at Proctors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were pleased to locatetheatergoerDined on 10/24/2013We were pleased to locate a restaurant that is easy to find, easy to park, good food, convenient to Proctor's. Staff was accommodating of our request for a table in a quiet nook. Server was very pleasant and helpful. Will return frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodNorrieDined on 5/4/2013Good food, very friendly service, excellent location (we had theater tickets!)Special Features:
- Good food/no atmosphereArthemiseDined on 4/27/2013I was going to a show at Proctor's, so I looked online for someplace nearby and found the Backstage Pub & Grill. It was very convenient. We parked right next to the restaurant for $5, had dinner, and had an easy walk to the theater. We both got fish & chips which were very good. The waitress did a great job although she was running up & down the stairs and was the only waitress for the upstairs section. We chose to sit upstairs, rather than in the bar area, because it was beautifully sunny, however there was zero ambience. I kind of felt like I was eating in a cafeteria. For dinner before the theater, I would have preferred a nicer atmosphere. For a quick dinner or maybe a drink at the bar after the show, it would be fine.
- Used "Open Table" for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2013Used "Open Table" for the first time and I love it! Will use it again.Special Features: