Back Wine Bar & Bistro
25075 Blue Ravine Rd
Folsom, CA 95630Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Back Wine Bar & Bistro
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.backwinebar.com/
- Phone: (916) 986-9100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
"Appy Hour" 3-5p Tuesday-Saturday $3 house red, house white, draft beer. Featuring a chef selected tapas menu with prices starting at $2.95
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael John
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can accomadate a party of up to 10 people in our private back room. Please call us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room situated in the back accommodating up to ten guests.
Wine Bar side may be rented out for a minimum F&B charge of $1500. Accommodates up to 25 standing guests indoors and an additional 25 outdoors, weather permitting.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Back 9169869100
- Special Events: Tuesday Night: BURGER NIGHT!! Join us as we grill up an amazing burger on our outdoor mesquite fired wood grill. See facebook for details.
Wednesday Night: Free corkage every Wednesday with any entree purchase.
Thursday Night: Bottle Night! Take 25% off every bottle with the purchase of 2 entrees. 1 discount per 2 entrees.
A word from Back Wine Bar & Bistro
Welcome to Folsom’s Premier Wine Bar & Bistro! Serving 35 inspiring wines by the glass, microbrew beers and a seasonally-focused, wine friendly dinner menu. The casual fine dining restaurant features a beautiful horseshoe shaped custom concrete bar wrapped around a see-through wine wall. For a more casual setting, try our quaint patio with a view of the El Dorado hills. Jeff and Gail Back, of Back Wine Bar in Folsom, have put passion into every detail of their venture, and it's clear. With rich wood tones, a bistro-esque outdoor patio with a gorgeous view and cozy, accommodating interior space, they've distinguished themselves from other Sacramento wine bars. Voted best wine bar in Folsom/El Dorado Hills 5 years in a row! Now Zagat RatedContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Back Wine Bar & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Casual but a special vibe.dedaVIPDined on 3/15/2014Loved this restaurant! Small space with good feeling.Great food, attentive staff but not intrusive. wine selection great. Lovely evening at the Back Wine Bar and Bistro. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceptionalLovegoodfoodVIPDined on 2/26/2014Food, wine and service are consistently exceptional. Everything, from start to finish, was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious tastes; enjoyable eveningSteveWVIPDined on 2/12/2014My wife and I took two out-of-town guests to Back Wine & Bistro. They ordered the salmon, my wife ordered the Steak & Potatoes, and I ordered the braised short ribs plus the beet salad. Everything tasted delicious. Our server, Thomas, was very knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. The evening provided us the opportunity we were seeking for a relaxing meal with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new chef = new tastesSteveWVIPDined on 1/21/2014My wife and I went for the Tuesday night Prix Fixe menu -- which, on this occasion, highlighted three of the new chef's additions to the menu. My delicious meal included Roasted Beet Salad with goat cheese and pistachio vinaigrette; pan-seared Sea Scallops with a citrus sauce; and braised and pan-fried pork belly with parsnip strings, grape gastrique and tiny rings of red jalapenos. The chef' paired each of the three courses with a tasty wine which complemented the food nicely. Our server, Michael, was very professional and knowledgeable of the wines. A most enjoyable evening! We plan to return soon to taste the new Quail entree added to the menu and the Lava cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House Wine special was a surpriseMauriceVIPDined on 1/15/2014House Wine special was a surprise - McManis Pinot Noir was excellent and priced right!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a one time trial.mealmeisterDined on 12/19/2013The food was nicely prepared. Small portions. The server and busser could have stopped by a tad more frequently and not have been obtrusive. The wine-by-the-glass list was extensive and interesting.Special Features:
- Worth a visit...LBB1Dined on 10/20/2013Really liked the interface with on site manager. Excellent service both nights in one week.Special Features:
- DELIGHTFUL LITTLE WINE ADVENTUREOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2013My husband and I shared 2 different wine flights (the Cabernet, and the Local), tasting six wines in all - all of which were absolutely fabulous! I loved the fact that you get to choose which four, from an assortment of cheeses available, you'd like to have on your cheese plate. (I enjoy a wide range of cheeses - but my husband is a little pickier - so I chose four that I knew we would both enjoy.) We also shared the heirloom tomato salad, and a small plate special of the day - blackened Mahi Mahi with a wonderful mango salsa. And don't forget dessert - the Pot de crème was delightfully decadent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2013Back Wine Bar never disappoints, the food is amazing. I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried the special of the day which was a seafood pasta dish, OMG it was to die for.Special Features:
- Promising but did not deliversimpsrDined on 6/22/2013Table on patio which was nice but waited 35 minutes before drink order was taken. Waiter was terrible. Ordered second drink which was never delivered. Food was just OK, Much better places to dine in area so we will not be back.
- Small plates are a hit with me.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/18/2013I appreciated that they offered small plates of food at a reasonable price and half glasses of wine. We had a early meal prior to a show and this dinner was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Catalan StewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/8/2013Overall, the service and ambiance was excellent. We drank many half glasses of wine, which was fantastic for sampling purposes. We would highly recommend trying the Catalan Stew. It has a fabulous flavor. The homemade Chorizo sausage adds a very interesting and zesty flavor to the broth -- definitely a new favorite dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemLincolnPegDined on 4/30/2013Been there twice and each time I loved it and so did my three friends who joined me. Everyone will be going back especially for Prix Fix dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I went thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2013My husband and I went there for his birthday. We had a fantastic time and very much enjoyed the food, service and wine!Special Features:
- Waiter seemed strangely lackingTimmerDined on 3/17/2013Waiter seemed strangely lacking in knowledge of wines offered . Food was outstanding as on previous visits.Special Features:
- Went for the first time onOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Went for the first time on valentines day. Had a great atmosphere and wine flight. The food was food, but would like to go bak and try regular menu to get a better sampling.Special Features:
- Our experience was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013Our experience was excellent. We were looking forward to trying the short ribs but they were not on the menu for valentine's week. This was not a problem as the halibut was excellent. We enjoy taking our own wine and appreciate no corkage wednesdays, although they do have an extensive wine list. We will certainly go back again.Special Features:
- great food, gnocchi was fantastic,AnneDined on 2/9/2013great food, gnocchi was fantastic, the braised short ribs were good, but tasted like mom's pot roast - it was good, but should of been called "Pot Roast". Service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great wine great food , greatWinnerVIPDined on 1/18/2013Great wine great food , great service life is good when you dine at the bistro . It's our go to place for dinning out!Special Features:
- Back provides a very niceChrissieVIPDined on 12/26/2012Back provides a very nice dining experience. The varied menu items and wine choices, when added with specials, is a great value.Special Features:
- Go!Cindy6835Dined on 12/22/2012We love this place because you can get really good food and a great bottle of wine. We have never had anything but an excellent bottle of wine here. The choices are amazing and well thought out. You will not see the usual stuff on this wine list. We love Wednesday night when corkage fees are waived. The service is good; the wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable about the wine and food. If you are interested in trying great wine, try Back.Special Features:
- I'm not a wine guy but myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2012I'm not a wine guy but my wife loves new and different wines. The food was interesting and very tasty. While I was tasting a "fine" iced tea, my wife was enjoying a flight of sparkling wines. We ordered side dishes for food, kind of like tapas. Neither of us had any complaints.Special Features:
- May Go Back Wine Bar & BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/23/2012Good food, prices, and environment. But that's about it. A "good" overall restaurant in a little Folsom neighborhood shopping center. Overall experience was good, but not amazing. May return within a few months, but not likely. What does it take to get owners/chefs of restaurants to visit the tables and ask how the customer's experience was, or thank them for visiting their restaurant instead of hiding behind their bar chatting with the "regulars?" I also question whether the owner/chef is really tasting the food before he is serving it his customers. Some of the wine within the wine flights were not available. Food server was not very familiar with wines. Issue with "Appy Hour" pricing on bill. Server quick to blame maître d'.
- The restaurant was good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2012The restaurant was good and our waiter was very nice and knowledgeable with wine. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either. The ambiance wasn't that great and I will likely not return for that reason. If you're a local, it could be a nice place to stop for wines on occasion; however, the restaurant is out of the way for me and it doesn't have the attraction to bring me back.
- Excellent wine selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/26/2012Excellent wine selection. Wine flight was wonderful. Bough a bottle to take to a friend.Special Features:
- Our first visit since thisliv2eatDined on 10/10/2012Our first visit since this wine bar became a restaurant. The food was good and reasonably priced. Menu somewhat small but certainly there are other good restaurants with fewer entre items. Our server was courteous but seemed distracted, he wasn't totally in the game that night.Special Features:
- First time here and we wereMauriceVIPDined on 9/23/2012First time here and we were really pleased. Only had salads but they were fresh and well presented. Will give this place another try soon.Special Features:
- I met friends I hadn't seenDinesalotDined on 8/16/2012I met friends I hadn't seen in a long time. We enjoyed the small plates and lots of wine. I really appreciated that our waiter was super patient because we sat with our wine and talked for an hour before we ordered food. It was clear we were there to spend time, and he left us alone except to refill our glasses. He was very attentive but from a distance. It was great. We stayed from 6 until they closed, and they didn't run us out. Just let us relax until we realized we were the only ones left. I would go there often if I lived in town!Special Features:
- Very friendly and fast service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Very friendly and fast service. Knowledgable staff and delicious food!! We had the filet and the special: a new york steak. Both were cooked to our liking and tasted very good!Special Features:
- This was our second visitFrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/10/2012This was our second visit and they did not disappoint. There use of what's the very freshest available is what makes this restaurant stand out. The Heirloom tomato salad with fresh corn was to die for!
- Good wine selections. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2012Good wine selections. Good small plates and a nice staff. No rough edges that need refining.Special Features:
- Loved this place! BartenderOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2012Loved this place! Bartender wasnt very enthusiastic but once we got to our table it was excellent. The server perfect and everyone in our party not only cleaned their plates but we were tempted to lick them too!Special Features:
- I have had dinner at the BackOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2012I have had dinner at the Back Wine Bar & Bistro about 5 times now over the last 2 yrs. The food has always been outstanding, I have never been let down.Special Features:
- Had a fantastic meal for fourvantuyleDined on 7/7/2012Had a fantastic meal for four on 7/7. We started with the bruschetta appetizer, and even the two tomato-haters enjoyed it. Comes with eight pieces total, four different flavors. We all had fish entrees; the ahi poke appetizer makes a wonderful entree and is delicious. Enjoyed the Paradigm cab al fresco after dinner, it was great way to end e evening. We will definitely be "back".Special Features:
- a great find in the shoppingChrissieVIPDined on 6/30/2012a great find in the shopping center, we will go back!Special Features:
- Did not have any local wines.dervinVIPDined on 6/28/2012Did not have any local wines. Thought this was somewhat odd since it is a wine bar. Kitchen was a bit slow but the wait staff and food was great. Surprised to to how nice and cozy it was inside. Try it!Special Features:
- Only negative: Serve toolittleredberkeleyVIPDined on 6/16/2012Only negative: Serve too fast. Would like a more leisurely pace to go with the good wine and the food.Special Features:
- We have dined there twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/2/2012We have dined there twice now and both times service and food were delightful.Special Features:
- This is a great find. TheCindy6835Dined on 5/24/2012This is a great find. The food was very good and the wine was outstanding. I had the wild salmon special and my husband had the hanger steak. Both were excellent and the portions were perfect - not too big but more than enough to fill you up. We enjoyed a great bottle of wine from a winemaker that we had just read about in Wine Spectator! We were there on a Thursday evening at 8:30 so it was not very crowded, and thus, very quiet. I can see if you were there on a busy night that the noise level would probably be higher as the floors are concrete and the tables are aligned down one side of the restaurant. We really liked the emphasis on the wine and found the selection to be very good and unusual, compared to other restaurants around here.Special Features:
- The restaurant is tucked intoLincolnPegDined on 4/10/2012The restaurant is tucked into a shopping center so ambiance outside is nil but inside it's great. The 3 course dinner with 3 wine parings was wonderful. Everything was fresh, delicious and perfectly prepared. Definitely will return.Special Features: