Back Bay Social Club
867 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Back Bay Social Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.backbaysocialclub.com/
- Phone: 6172473200
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tim Raines
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Back Bay Social Club
'According to both the Boston Herald and the Boston Globe, the Back Bay Social Club will be opening in the old Vinny T's spot on Boylston Street, which is between Fairfield and Gloucester Streets and across from the Prudential Center and the Hynes Convention Center. The Herald mentions that the restaurant will have a capacity of 200 and will be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Lyons Group, which is behind the Summer Shack, La Verdad, House of Blues, Kings, and a number of other Boston-area spots, is also behind the opening of the Back Bay Social Club.'-Boston Restaurant TalkContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Back Bay Social Club reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (19)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (11)great for brunch (10)hot spot (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (6)romantic (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014I hosted a client here for lunch and the food and service were great! My only regret was that their outdoor space doesn't have any umbrellas so we could not enjoy our meal outside on a glorious summer day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the burgers here!JojoDined on 8/15/2014This is a great spot for lunch or dinner. The burger is in my top five, although the high price tag keeps me from coming often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/18/2014Server Molly was fantastic! Very friendly, and knowledgeable concerning food and wine choices. Resturant noise was at a level where you could comfortably speak to your dining companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Dinner at Social ClubAlisonDined on 7/15/2014Three of us for dinner - we sampled the gnocchi, swordfish and tagliatelle with shrimp - every one of us devoured our meals. Wait-staff is efficient, pleasant and accommodating. The meals had enough pizzazz while still being hearty. The gnocchi is a little heavy on the dill. Meat candy is phenomenal.
- Good drinks/vibeBottomlessDined on 7/11/2014The drinks we ordered were great and the service was very good. I would return here; better for smaller groups.
- Enjoyed the Oysters24hrescapeDined on 6/26/2014The food was excellent and we were really fortunate to enjoy the "Happy Hour" Special on Oysters - a real treat-very fresh and delicious as well as a bargain. Our server was EXCELLENT. The drinks were great- delicious with fresh ingredients. Our only complaint was portion size on the scallops entree. Would have gladly paid more for a larger portion. Three scallops didn't do it us. Seemed more like an appetizer portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!EllieAwesomeDined on 6/24/2014We ended up opting to sit at the bar and it was great! The bartenders were nice and attentive, even though it was crowded. Instead of ordering entrees, we got an assortment of appetizers for the variety. Everything was delicious, especially the calamari. I've eaten here once or twice before in the past and the food has been consistently stellar, I would come here again in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor BostonPaddyODined on 6/24/2014Great find for a warm summer night. Good vibe, great food, great service. There are several reviews on other sites stating that service isn't great. We did not find this to be true.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch outside was greatIlovespicyfoodVIPDined on 6/22/2014great value, server was cute and attentive, they forgot some of our drinks but came round eventually. Food was very good and very reasonably priced, I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great First DateJonesDined on 6/20/2014Was told "points if you can find a place that makes a mean Negroni." I had no idea what this drink was, and after a little research I found out what it was but also where to get one in Boston. According to my date (who was very pleased), it was a great variation on the Negroni. We each had a couple of cocktails off their special menu and had a good time. We had a booth so it was a little quieter; I think if we were at the bar it might have been a bit too loud. A few degrees warmer and we'd have sat outside. Great place.Special Features:
- Great foodAtownOriginalDined on 6/5/2014Try the calamari. It's amazing. The scallops were perfectly cooked and the cocktails were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great vibe!AlisonDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed an excellent meal and highly recommend the "meat candy" and cheeseboard which were excellent group apps. Everyone loved their meal and the vibe inside felt fun and chill. We could hear each other well, although we couldn't hear our neighbors which made the evening great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family brunch/lunchNattylaskyDined on 5/17/2014they were one of the few restaurants that could take a large group over graduation weekend. We had a wide range of ages and food preferences and their menu offering for 11:30 on a Sunday was perfect. Some in our group ordered lunch items while others had breakfast. Everyone was very pleased with the food and there were lots of empty plates, mine included. I had the turkey burger which was fresh and juicy. I highly recommend it. A few people in the group had their spicy blood mary which was very good. Service was very good - friendly & knowledgeable staff. We sat inside but they have a nice outdoor space that had filled up by the time we were leaving. Will definitely be coming back!!Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2014The $1 oysters were fabulous, but the California Benedict and Chicken Caesar salads were just mediocre. Our waitress was fantastic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 000000Dined on 5/10/2014Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for the burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014We both had the burger which was delicious and tasted more like steak than an actual burger but, I've had better and for less. The burger at Brownstone not too far from BBSC has more flavor and is one of the best burgers I've had FOR ONLY $12. The fries were good as well and the drinks were strong. The noise level was high and the bar crowded but that's to be expected at 9:30 on a Saturday night. We got the Alaska dessert which I could have done without. There was too much meringue and the brownie was rock solid. I'd probably go back but would get something other than the burger.Special Features:
- Good service for groupMeshoo16Dined on 5/3/2014They accommodated a large group of us for my fiancées birthday. The waiter was attentive and everyone was pleased with the food. Would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 337 reviews are from the Back Bay Social Club reviews archive.
- Love this place - This visit was ehCHM1Dined on 4/19/2014I love Back Bay Social Club. I dream of their burger. This most recent visit was just okay. It was pretty busy given the marathon weekend but the service wasn't what it usually is. Another disappointment was that I asked for my burger to be cooked medium and it came out rare to medium rare. I didn't bother sending it back because the service was slower than usual. Will definitely go back but I hope the next time I visit BBSC it is the way I always remember it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to the Back BayBud2Dined on 4/12/2014I have been to the Back Bay Social Club many times and the food is always excellent. My visit there this weekend was no different. I am writing this review to focus on the service. Our waiter, Corey, was not attentive and when he did come around, he rushed us. For example, it took us 20 minutes to get a round of drinks, and when the round finally came he immediately asked us if we would be getting another round. The food also took half an hour to come out. When we decided we might not get another round, he immediately brought us the checks. Call me crazy but a table that ordered food and 2 rounds of drinks would probably order at least one other round if given the chance. Whats the rush? You are only hurting your tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a trendy night outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014Good for a trendy night out with friends. Food was decent but nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a restaurant for diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014Not a restaurant for dining and conversation. The bar upstairs very loud, probably good for kids. The dining room downstairs probably would have been okay except for the loud piped in music. Not a place I would go again, a very unpleasant experience.Special Features:
- Great food, great crowdEPODEVIPDined on 4/4/2014Great food, great cocktails and overall a really good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMelRoweDined on 3/30/2014Brunch was great. I got "The Treatment" and it was a massive plate!! It came with fried chicken and waffle with two eggs however you like them and then toast and meat (bacon or sausage). It would be a great splitting item. The couple I went with split that and got a lunch menu item and worked out very well. I also had a bloody mary. You are better off getting the spicy bloody because for a dollar more it is bigger too. The normal bloody mary has a good spice to it though. My friend had the "gin something" and it was very good. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went here before a showWellfleetDined on 3/22/2014We went here before a show at Berklee. What a great find. the service was great - the food was really good. I has the scallops, my friend had the salmon. Both we're excellent - especially the side dishes the came with them (butternut squash risotto for me). I would go back!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014A group of six of us went last Friday night for a friend's birthday. We waited about twenty minutes for our drinks and an hour for our food order. Both the cocktails and food were good, but took a long time to receive them.Special Features:
- Definitely worth tryingKMafiaDined on 3/15/2014Chorizo Tacos were really good. Oysters were surprisingly great. I didn't expect them to be so fresh and flavorful. Burger was pretty good. I ordered the burger medium rare. That's how I like my meat, but it came out a little more red than expected. For the type of meat it is, try going Medium instead. Probably a little overpriced though. Nice place to go for dinner. Good crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had six in our party andPittsburghDined on 3/15/2014we had six in our party and all the menu choices were delicious.Special Features:
- just okOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/11/2014Great location, service was good. Food just ok, nothing special. I got the salmon, it was a bit undercooked.
- Not a place I would go to againElleDined on 3/9/2014Food was OK, but service was very slow. Waited 20 mins. for wine & a mixed drink. The coffee was barely warm, even though we were told a new pot was being brewed so we would have to wait for it. When the coffee arrived, we had to ask for spoons & sugar. Overall, the wait staff was friendly & apologized for the slips but I would not bother going there again. There are plenty of other establishments nearby that do a much better job.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014On Friday night I was looking for a place to have dinner for 6 the following night, Saturday, before the 8 o'clock show at Berklee performance center. Tried several places, everything was booked. Finally, got a reservation at Back Bay Social Club for 6:30. We arrived 20 min late. By the time we sat down and looked at the menus we had less then an hour before the show. We told the waiter and he assured us that we could order anything on the menu and would have plenty of time. Our food was ready in 10 min! Shrimps with grits were very good, risotto with scallops was excellent, salmon was delicious, Sauvignon blanc was very nice. The service was exceptionally prompt and the waiter very helpful and polite. Very nice experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for BrunchblovedbostonDined on 3/8/2014This was our first time at Back Bay Social Club and I'm so glad we visited for brunch!!! The drinks were phenomenal and the food was very good! Service was great. We were all so intrigued by the Chicken and Waffles that they kindly split it four ways for us!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taken BackSouthyDined on 3/1/2014Our six top total $320. But, very spotty service. Staff disappeared at times, we waited much too long, never had complete "set-ups" of silverware, a medium-well steak appeared blood dripping rare. A buss-boy took a drink order for a Manhattan but got reported as a beer order...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to high standardsElwoodDined on 2/22/2014If all you want is to be where everyone else is, this place is okay. They were out of the brew we went there to have, and the food is very overpriced for small quantities and not very good quality. I had the sea scallops, which were closer to bay scallops in size and I only got four or five of them with what were supposed to be pork cornichons in between, but were really more like undercooked pork rind. All of this was on a cheesy goop; I have forgotten what it was supposed to be.Special Features:
- AccommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014I have a food allergy, and the restaurant was very accommodating. I recommend the muscles to start!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster Valentine'sskazDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine's Day dinner and wasn't super impressed. Granted, it's a very busy night and they were turning over tables like crazy, but for a hefty price tag the food was mediocre and it was insanely loud. I've been for brunch and enjoyed it, but wouldn't recommend visiting during a busy [holiday] dinner shift.
- Great food.JohnDined on 2/14/2014This bar/restaurant is pretty amazing. The space is split across two floors, the upstairs being a bustling lounge area and the downstairs a quieter dining room. The dining room is dark at night with some accent lighting that definitely makes the space feel very private even with people at surrounding tables. There are several TVs, but they aren't the center of attention and we're not distracting. All of the food was amazing, we had the candied kielbasa affectionately known as meat candy, chicken and waffles, and braised short ribs. Our server was friendly but a bit new and nervous. My only gripe is the bar prices which are pretty high. A neat scotch was $14 and cocktails were $12, ouch. Overall a great spot, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back BayBaileyDined on 2/14/2014Service was great, not a huge selection on the menu, but food was good. Drinks were good to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No seared tuna?!BetsDined on 2/14/2014I have been to the BackBay Social Club many times and this was the first time they did not have seared tuna on the menu. My boyfriend & I were dismayed to see this. Our waitress mentioned it was the day before that they had changed their menu. We were upset because previously BackBay Social Club had the best seared tuna in Boston (we would go there just for that sometimes). Our waitress had the manager sent to our table. He was upset that we were upset and actually had the kitchen make just for us their old seared tuna! We were both surprised and thrilled and hope they bring it back permanently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was diappointed they do notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2014was diappointed they do not serve no alcoholic bear or wine
- Worst place in BostonlilillauraDined on 2/9/2014Never going back here -- the food was really awful! We got the chicken and waffles, which we asked to be served first as an appetizer to share, but it came out with the rest of our plates. I immediately spit out the first bite thinking I ate a piece of gristle, only to realize that the entire piece of chicken was the same rubbery, chewy/crunchy consistency. Not only that, but the breading on the chicken was soggy. The eggs benedict were bland, and the english muffins they sat on were fluffy and chewy. I'm not sure hollandaise sauce has ever ruined a meal before this. The bacon was like a doggy "Beggin' Strip." Service was very slow and it seemed like they were all new and didn't know what they were doing.