Back Bay Harry's
142 Berkeley Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Back Bay Harry's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://backbayharrys.com/
- Phone: 6174246711x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Wed: 11:30 am - 12:00 am
Thu: 11:30 am - 1:00 am
Fri: 11:30 am - 2:00 am
Sat: 5:00 pm - 2:00 am
Sun: 11:00 am -12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Santos
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Cocktail Receptions
- Public Transit: The closest T-Stations are the Arlington stop on the Green Line and the Back Bay stop on the Orange Line.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer Valet Parking Thursday-Saturday from 5PM-12Midnight
Parking is also available at a wide-variety of parking garages around our location.
A word from Back Bay Harry's
We are thrilled to be the newest addition to the South End/Back Bay neighborhood. Centrally located in the heart of the city, we focus on quality cooking, creative cocktails and great company. We look forward to seeing you real soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Back Bay Harry's reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (26)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (20)hot spot (15)great for brunch (14)romantic (13)special occasion (12)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very lively & good comfort foodCoopwriteVIPDined on 9/18/2014My friends and I went here around 6:00 pm for a pre-theater dinner. The bar was jumping, but we were too early to see the dinner crowd. Staff were friendly, accommodating (my friends shared their apps and entre) and efficient. The food -- true comfort food -- was better than expected. There was one very loud group at a bar table; they'd been drinking for a while. Although that brought up the noise level, it's something to be expected in this type of restaurant. And the more sober folks were trying to keep the louder folks more quiet. It did not upset our evening because, as I said, it's to be expected. We had a good time and it's convenient to the Lyric stage for pre-show dinner. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- lmrcruisinDined on 8/28/2014After reading some of the reviews for the first week of Dine Out Boston, we were concerned. However, everything was perfect! Our server was attentive, but not overbearing and very pleasant. There were so many items on the prix fixe menu that sounded good that we couldn't decide what to order. We each ordered different things so we could share and everything was absolutely delicious! Sometimes on prix fixe menus the portions are smaller but that was not the case here...we could not finish what we ordered and were happy to take home the leftovers. I would recommend this restaurant and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 8/26/2014I hadn't realized it was restaurant week but thoroughly enjoyed each course.... The music was a bit to easy to recognize- being quite teeny-bopper-ish which totally effected the mood....though it improved through dinner Other than that seemingly silly thing- it was good.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceSteveVIPDined on 8/23/2014Back Bay Henry's experience is different than the first experience. The food menu was only Resturant Week and the Bar Menu. Nothing off the regular menu that we really were ready to order from. They were not as busy then before.
- restaurant week stopSasaDined on 8/22/2014My first empression of the restaurant was not that great. 1. Seating chair was dirty 2. Lipstick mark on my wine glass (not mine). Was not really happy to know that I would be using the same glass after someone try to rub the mark off... 3. Food was a bit disappointing. The chicken special that is only made on Mondays due to popular demand did not seem great to me at all. Will not be coming back.
- Great spot for drinksKateVDined on 8/21/2014We went for a nice dinner out, but this is really more of a spot to grab drinks with friends. The bar was packed and the music was loud. It was a fun scene - I just wouldn't go back for a romantic dinner. The food was pretty good. It was restaurant week and we could only get the special menu which I found odd. Wouldn't run back for the food, but I can see it was a fun spot for cocktails.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD!GreatDined on 8/20/2014I had the duck confit and it was excellent with the coconut rice! Cooked with perfection! I had the set menu for restaurant week and the duck deserves a fine dining level! (Trust me! I have tried them all)Special Features:
- Skip itOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant has lost its edge. The service was slow, my coffee cup never refreshed and the menu horrid. They decided to have a preview for their restaurant week menu without giving us nor any other disappointed diners the option to make a selection from the regular menu. The menu was limited and uninspired.
- Best burgerCraigDined on 8/7/2014Best burgers In Boston!!!! Service is awesome!! Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friend ChickenMTR56Dined on 7/28/2014We had a member of our group as a devotee of Paula Dean's restaurant. He gave BBH's fried chicken two thumbs up. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014Have had a number of business lunches here. Food has been great, service attentive and we were never rushed to move along. Ask for a table near the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Dinner!KtdubsDined on 7/12/2014Had a little date night here over the weekend. It was a little empty at first, but quickly started filling up. The food was amazing and our server was so friendly! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/11/2014Went for lunch a couple of weeks ago with a friend and like it so much we decided to try it for dinner. We went right after work Friday night and it was perfect. The service was great and I had the pan seared chicken.... delicious. We are already planning to go back.Special Features:
- Disappointed dinersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/9/2014The service was poor and the food deplorable. I ordered a house salad with chicken. There was no dressing in the wilted bed of greens and the chicken was undercooked which rendered the whole meal worthless. The server never came around to check on us and it took twenty minutes to flag down someone to bring the bill
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014varied lunch menu. great for a business lunch. I would recommend it to other's.Special Features:
- Air conditioningHot90plusDined on 7/2/2014This was our second time to BBH. We took friends before a play (thanks for play discount). I know it was a 90 plus heat day , but the dining area was not air conditioned if so it was set too low. We were all sweating. We told the waitress but there was no improvement. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceFamilyvacation2014Dined on 6/30/2014Was looking for a good meal, no wait, kid friendly - party of 7. Used Open table reviews and menu to pick Back Bar Harry's. They were on the money. Traveling on a family vacation with two families and this was some of the best food we have had in the Boston area. Steak was great, the hamburger rated extremely good by teenaged boy. Waiter was very good, got orders right with multiple picky eaters. Went on week night, late so was not crowded but entire staff friendly and helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PSmithVIPDined on 6/30/2014My first time and what a find in Boston! Was here on a convention, looked for a nearby eatery with style, and got my reservation! Great staff, great food, and the desserts, yes! The crustless cheese cake with a lemon curd, absolutely vibrant and most tasty!Special Features:
- PSmithVIPDined on 6/28/2014I've been here two times this week. First with friends, second I made an Open Table reservation. Excellent food, presentation is elegant and the staff is most gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Drinks were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Went on a Friday night and very impressed with both food and drink menu.Special Features:
- ChaucerDined on 6/21/2014Was disappointed in the menu. It was very limited for main courses. No pork, no pasta, 1 beef selection, 1 chicken selection, 1 fish selection, etc. That's all. I think $29 for an 8 oz filet is a little pricey for a local bar/restaurant. That did not even include a small salad. By 10:00 PM the place was empty except 1 person at the bar. On the way home I passed several local restaurants/bars and there were lines outside to get in. I will say the service was good!Special Features:
- DisappointingSwitzerdaneVIPDined on 6/19/2014I had lunch at BBHarry's and was frankly disappointed with my sandwich: the "Italian BLT." The bread was stale, and the toasting didn't hide that. The pancetta was raw (!), and the tomato (expected at this time of year) was like plastic. On the other hand, the potato salad and pickle were excellent. As was the beer. My friend's (special) pizza, of prosciutto, fig and gorgonzola, on the other hand, was excellent. Be careful in ordering.
- Not for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014Went there for my birthday. The bar area was kind of busy but there were only a few people eating. We sat down at 925 pm. By 10:00 we gave up. Not one person (server) acknowledged us or took any order. Over half an hour! We even asked twice to see our server. Will never go back.Special Features:
- Nice place, poor experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014I recently tried Back bay harry's while on a date this past saturday evening. The place, is very nice, very contemporary, which was great for what the two of us were looking for. Problem was the service and cooking experience. As I truly believe the wait staff had nothing to do with the situation, the place could not seem to get our order right, and by the end of the night, we just had to throw the towel. We went home hungry. We noticed the table next to us that was having the same issue. Sad part is, the place seems like it has real potential.Special Features:
- first visit not disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/7/2014simple yet varied menu, affordable, great service, definitely going backSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerStephenDined on 6/6/2014We were lucky, had Chef Santos cooking for us. It was a great meal and a great environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodRoseDined on 6/6/2014This was our first time dining here and it was great. Ann was our server and she was very friendly and gave great service. The food was very delicious. Lobster fritters were very good. I had the salmon and it was excellent! But the best thing was the watermelon sangria. OMG! They were so good!! We will definitely be going back. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service.BackBayRobDined on 6/4/2014We went there for dinner with two adults and two teenagers. Waiter was great, food was very good. I had an excellent salad and the kobe beef sliders.Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunchhryb14VIPDined on 6/1/2014Had a delicious Sunday brunch here...great bloody mary and breakfast pizza was delicious...the breakfast "sliders" for appetizer were literally as big as normal breakfast sandwiches...would definitely go back here!Special Features:
- Food -cocktails- conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2014Back Bay Harry's is a great place to catch up with old friends. You'll find unique cocktail flavors and a friendly and knowledgeable staff. It's a great place for foodies without being fussy. Kick back and enjoy. The energy in the place is exactly right. Feels like a friday night no matter the day you go in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 102 reviews are from the Back Bay Harry's reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2014Mediocre at best! Think they forgot about our entree's?
- Food was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/15/2014I had the Margherita pizza and it was just ok. Nothing to write home about. I'm always surprised about when restaurants get this simple dish wrong...but they do. For some reason, Back Bay Harry's thought the pizza should also get sprinkled with parmesan. What's up with that? I'll probably give this place one more try.Special Features:
- Great meal!MatthewVIPDined on 5/10/2014I have been going to Back Bay Harry's for a while. Always have good food and great service. The restaurant has a wide mix of people in it, very diverse crowd - which is unusual for a Boston restaurant. This is a vast improvement over the previous 3 restaurants that occupied that space. My waiter Nicholas was very knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:
- JohnCDined on 5/3/2014Atmosphere and service continue to be great! We have been regulars since it opened, but will go less frequently until the menu changes again. We were very disappointed with the new menu and much higher prices for the main entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerNotafoodieDined on 5/2/2014Went to BBH on a whim when we were in Back Bay. We made a reservation but showed up a bit early so we sat at the bar. The bar was full but not crowded which is important to us eat at the bar type folks. We had a few drinks, dirty martini and red wine, both were great and then ordered the mussels, lobster fritters and split a blt pizza. Everything was amazing. The mussels took top prize though. We asked the bartender and she mentioned they just introduced a new menu which is great but I hope they don't remove the mussels when we head back again. They were aces.Special Features:
- Meatloaf?DaveVIPDined on 4/27/2014Excellent space, service ... and meatloaf & eggs (complete with gravy and cheese curds) - brilliant. Fits the area well with beautiful bar area too.Special Features:
- MehTIBTIBDined on 4/27/2014The food was just adequate. I've had better brunches for the same price point at other South End establishments. The service was good when it was attentive, else it was hard to get their attention.
- Lunch time is a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/25/2014For the ladies who lunch and the women who work, this is the place to catch up with your friends for a w laughs and a fantastic lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/23/2014Met a friend for lunch today... had the grilled avocado salad w/ grilled chicken. It had mixed greens, baby tomatoes, roasted corn with a farmer's cheese crumbled over it. Delicious. Service was very good and the decor is nice too. I will definitely go back there and try dinner as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome spot!jb272Dined on 4/21/2014Good food, great service! We all had an awesome time :)Special Features: