Back Bay Bistro
1891 Bayshore Road
Villas, NJ 08251Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Back Bay Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.backbaybistro.com/
- Phone: 6098898500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:45pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:45pm, Sunday: 12:30pm - 3:45pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday: 8:00am - 11:30am, Sunday: 8:00am - 12:30pm.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering weddings, private parties, special events, back yard BBQs and more.
- Entertainment: You will hear sounds of Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Durante, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong and many more like artists.
A word from Back Bay Bistro
New American Menu serving cut to order Prime Rib, NY Strip Steaks and Flat Iron Steaks. Fresh local seafood, veal, chicken and pasta dishes. Entrees are served with choice of fresh sautéed vegetables and a baked potato or garlic mashed. Plus you will enjoy a family style salad and our own homemade focaccia bread and dipping oil. Come discover for your self why we were voted #1 New American and caterer by PHL 17 Jersey Shore Hot List. BYOBContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Back Bay Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (10)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (3)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Always a treatfoodnwineDined on 8/22/2014Always a great meal, can get a little loud in the Dining room but the food is is so good you can overlook the noise. The desserts are unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseKMCfromDCVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great appetizers and fabulous fresh bread. The mussels/sauce were excellent.Special Features:
- reviewjwbm4Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent service. Good prices. Well prepared food. Definitely would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for the shoreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2014If you are looking for a break from pizza and fries then this place's food would be like a Applebee's or Friday's with a small neighborhood feel. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food choicesrealtorobDined on 7/5/2014Very good selection and daily specials. Courteous staff and great tasting food. Try the pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodopenmindedVIPDined on 7/3/2014Other than waiting 15 minutes to be seated after our reservation Time, very good food at a fair price and a wonderful server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014This will be the 3rd year my fiance and I have ate at Back Bay Bistro. It is a perfect restaurant for being in the Villas, NJ and you don't have to drive into Cape May or Wildwood to get a great meal!Special Features:
- outstanding variety and ALL goodATEtooMUCHDined on 6/25/2014Found this searching on open table and based upon the ratings we decided to give it a try. When we arrived it appeared to be a typical area pizza shop....one can not tell a book from it's cover. Our table for 7 awaited us with linen tablecloths and place settings. The early bird specials served until 5:30 had many selections and are a great value. This is a BYOB and the waitress graciously informed us of the package store across the street and gave us the opportunity to make a purchase. Everything was presented well, good portions, and most importantly tasted good! We sampled a variety of appetizers, entrees and desserts and were pleased with them all. We will be back on our next visit to Wildwood or Cape May.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.foodnwineDined on 6/6/2014A friend highly recommended this restaurant and we were not disappointed. Very nice menu selection with several specials. The food was great and the service was just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing muscles in red sauceCape1220Dined on 5/24/2014Server was very attentive and friendly. Focaccia was delicious and fantastic to soak up the amazing red sauce that came with our muscles. The chicken and steak dishes were very good and the pizza at a nearby table looked great but the shrimp scampi left much to be desired. Shrimp themselves were good but it was swimming in thick, hardened butter with no flavor and a coagulated mess. But I will be back and will recommend to others because the other food was very good and I must have more of that red sauce!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the Back Bay Bistro reviews archive.
- A Real GemDougDined on 5/11/2014Made Mother's Day dinner reservatons here the same day. Cape May restaurants were priced too high so took a chance on this after reading pretty good reviews. Was not disappointed, in fact VERY pleased! Riding past it on way to our daughter's home in Villas it did look like it may be not much more then a diner. But coming inside we were seated in a short time even though arriving a little early. Linen tablecloths and a superior waitress greeted us. Free dessert for mothers. Prime rib was among the best I ever had! Veal parm and fish and chips and crabcakes were our other entrees and all were very pleased! We really liked this place and will be happy to return! One little negative the A/C was a little too chilly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerreDined on 5/10/2014The food and service were fabulous! Their red sauce was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and servicerealtorobDined on 3/18/2014Great food and outstanding service. This is a great neighborhood spot to enjoy a great meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerDonnaVIPDined on 2/14/2014We went there on Valentine's day. The salmon dinner was wonderful! Husband had veal parm which was good. Place was decorated nicely for the holiday and very busy but we were not rushed. Very enjoyable and happy to have such a good restaurant nearby. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day Dinner for TwoladydiDined on 2/14/2014Relaxing atmosphere. Service was well timed and friendly and we did not feel rushed, even though the dining room was full. Food was very good and served hot. Manhattan Clam Chowder was spicy and loaded with clam pieces. Salmon with strawberry glaze was an unexpected pairing and really good, while the flatiron steak (medium) was very tender and juicy. Crab Cake had a good taste, but we prefer more crab. Large portion desserts, included in the entree cost, were very good but hard to finish after the wonderful meal. We managed. :-) Sent our compliments to the chefs. Will definitely return to try other entrees on a regular dining night and would recommend Back Bay Bistro to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualityPeteVIPDined on 1/18/2014Back Bay again delivered a totally delightful meal. Service and food were both good. We were not in the mood to linger and were in and out in good order. Just what we were looking for on a winter weekend. The seafood pasta in tomato cream sauce was very nice. Portions are very generous. Plan on taking home a doggie bag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Food is always good, service excellent, and wait time is always short. Love this BYOB restaurant. We brought a group of eight for dinner the other night and everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodPeteVIPDined on 11/8/2013Family style salad, warm bread, and a well prepared entre. What more do you need?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who would have thought?GMRCAMVIPDined on 10/27/2013We were in the Villas for another reason and checked Open Table to find a nearby place for dinner. What a great find! The Back Bay Bistro is a small, cozy restaurant which includes a few outdoor tables. It was beautifully decorated for the fall season and most people there appeared to be happy "regulars". We know why that is. The service was excellent. The food was delicious and served piping hot. The tasty vegetables were cooked just right and the garlic bread and dipping oil was very good. We even arrived in time for the reasonably priced early bird specials, which were numerous and included a warm bread pudding with raisins and vanilla sauce dessert. We probably will make a special trip back to the Villas just to eat at this B.Y.O.B.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Introduction to Back Bay BistroTerrylovesfoodDined on 10/11/2013We went to dinner with friends to Back Street Bistro. We loved it and, in fact, went with other friends the very next night and followed up with lunch the next day. All three meals were wonderful. The veal is tender with great sauce. The pastas and sauce are homemade and terrific; the pizza the best we have had in the area (which is loaded with pizza restaurants.) It's a drive from Cape May but not intimidating. In short, we cannot wait until next year to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No disappointments!2FoodiesVIPDined on 9/21/2013This was our first time going here and we were looking for local, reasonable priced and BYOB. We were prepared for average food but it was WAY better!! Entrees came with a delicious salad, bread with garlic oil, and the entrees were large portions and delicious! Plenty for leftovers. Service was a little slow but we didn't mind since we were in no rush - the place was packed so I presume that on any other night the service would be normal. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.