1955 West Morena Blvd
San Diego, CA 92110Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sandiegobaci.com/
- Phone: 619-275-2094
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Domenico Alioto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our patio can seat 50 people comfortably, and our private back room can seat 30 comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Sal D'Amato 6197577858
A word from Baci Restaurant
Baci Ristorante offers diners a hint of old world Italian charm, with plush booths, white tablecloths, and gracious servers clad in tuxedos. While the decor is subtly modern, the menu is classic, celebrating Northern and Southern Italian cuisine. Specialties include classic pasta dishes, veal, and fresh seafood, with especially tempting daily specials offered by Executive Chef Domenico Alioto. In addition to the cuisine, the restaurant's charming and welcoming features--include an extensive wine list, elegant patio setting, and romantic main dining room--have made Baci a consistent favorite among locals for over 30 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Baci Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Old Town ›
Baci Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (37)notable wine list (31)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (19)great for lunch (18)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Only criticism was that the fetticcine with mussels, although excellent, the pasta was spaghetti, not feticcine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/16/2014alway's a great meal, Great service. I had the Sloe one of my favorites and my friend had the Prime Rib and said it was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Baci's is a gem. Always happy with the food, service and ambiance of this upscale restaurant. Have been coming here for, I think, as many years as they have been open!!! We always celebrate our anniversary here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningGreatnightDined on 9/5/2014I highly recommend this restaurant. The food was fabulous along with great service. I highly recommend that you request Francesco as your waiter. You will not be disappointed. A great evening with my family that we will always remember.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experience! The bestNoblenative60Dined on 8/30/2014Service is impeccable. The food is always fresh. Baci always has fantastic dinner specials. I recommend this place to everyone. Old school formal dining with plenty of class. This place is great for special occasions as well. Bravo to Tony and his chefs and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best veal ever!ausblueDined on 8/29/2014The veal dishes at Baci have always been delicious but the veal chop with the porcini and sherry sauce was out of this world! The Osso Buco was delicious as well paired with a William Hill Chardonnay. Bring your wallet! Our bill was $160 for on appetizer, two entrees, two glasses of wine and no dessert.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerJudyDined on 8/25/2014This was the 3rd time at Baci. It was excellent again. The service was better this time in that our waiter was more friendly. We tried the portobello mushroom appetizer & it was very delicious. My filet mignon was as excellent & generous enough for my dinner the next night. My only complaint would be that it would be nice if the special occasion of their guest/s were recognized. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014As part of our 40th anniversary celebration, we wanted a special dinner location. Baci's was just that. When you step into the restaurant you are suprised by the tuxedoed waiters and and authentic Italian ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dog freindlyptlomafoodieDined on 8/22/2014We saw on line that Baci's is dog friendly on their outdoor patio. We are thrilled about this option!! The food was exceptional. I had the halibut and it melted in my mouth. Also had the Caesar salad with crispy prosciutto...OMG, it was all to die for. We shared the vanilla pistachio ice cream, mmmm. Lastly, did I mention the wine? Awesome selection. Lastly, our waiter was perfect! Engaging, professional, and knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. We go about 4-5 times a year for special occasions and have never been disappointed. Thanks Baci's!!Special Features:
- THE FIRST PLACE TO GO FOR ITALIANGordoVIPDined on 8/19/2014Baci should always be your first place to go for Italian in San Diego; best food and service in town!Special Features:
- Great Italian - traditional settingJandSDined on 8/16/2014If you like great Italian good in a classy setting, this is your place. The dishes are traditional but not heavy. Great wine list. Fabulous service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favoriteDisappointedVIPDined on 8/16/2014After two years of looking for an italian restaurant that is just right, we found Baci. Great service, real Italian food, great wine list, and quiet enough to have a conversation. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and serviceKennDined on 8/12/2014Reminesent of Aldo's in Baltimore's Little Itally-that is to say-very representative of older American Italian resturant with great food and excellent wine selection. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- PhenomenalJiminVIPDined on 8/8/2014Baci continues to improve. It was San Diego's best restaurant even before its recent menu upgrade. Now it is world class. Service is polished, professional, personable, and warm. The ambiance is intimate, and fun. Baci is the pride of Bay Park and a delightful destination for diners from all over San Diego!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014consistently outstanding. Best fresh fish in San Diego.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Every time we visit San Diego, a night is set for our Baci visit. It is soooo good that we always take friends there.Special Features:
- Usually Excellent But Slipped a BitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Baci has been one of our top three restaurants for years, and still is, but our last visit was not up to their usual excellence. Service, as usual, was top notch, but the food preparation slipped. My wife's sole was overpowered by lemon, and a small portion. My bone in pork chop was very good, juicy and tender. Our guest had veal picatta, also way overpowered with the usual subtle lemon flavor. Chock it up to one off night among many excellent evenings.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemjylnicoleVIPDined on 7/24/2014This neighborhood gem has wonderful food, service and an incredible ambience. Classic Italian fare w/ servers in tuxedos! Great for a celebration or a romantic setting. We'll be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantBobcDined on 7/12/2014What a wonderful evening, dinner was outstanding, veal chop with porcini mushroomsSpecial Features:
- Our FavoriteNinaDined on 7/12/2014Whenever we visit San Diego, Baci's is first on our list. The food and the service is excellent. Even our 12 year old loves it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatSDWineGoddessDined on 6/27/2014I dined at Baci to celebrate a friend's birthday. Great ambiance, white tablecloths and tuxedo clad waiters. We ordered mussels and two glasses of Pinot Grigio and had to remind our server to bring the wine when the mussels arrived at the table. The restaurant was not busy. I had the rack of lamb, she had a seafood pasta dish. I have to admit, I was underwhelmed. The dish was served with steamed broccolini and mashed potatoes and as a whole was unremarkable. At $35, the lamb portion should have been bigger and the vegetable hot. Dessert was good, but at a total cost of $144 plus gratuity for two people ($25 corkage fee included for the wine I brought), I'm not likely to return anytime soon.Special Features:
- Absolutely SublimeEdwardVIPDined on 6/20/2014Everything was perfect. The greeting and seating. The wait staff was right out of central casting. Every bite of every dish was superb. I must say that everyone at Baci gave us the feeling that we were their only customers and that we were very special. It was truly sublime.Special Features:
- Best Old World Italian restaurantcleoVIPDined on 6/18/2014Have had at least 50 visits over the years. Everything on the menu is suburb! I highly recommend this old world Italian gem to anyone. Service is impeccable. Friendly and knowledgable staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2014The swordfish is outstanding. Melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2014Baci's is an all time favorite of ours. The food is wonderful and service is very friendly and we love it.Special Features:
- BusinesspersonFoodlover1VIPDined on 6/4/2014We dine here 2-4 ties per month and consider it a favorite. The Owner is often there to greet and the wait staff is classy but friendly. The food prep and presentation is always excellent. They accommodate any reasonable request as to diet, etc. Always a pleasant experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobbDined on 5/24/2014Everything was great from start to finish. Between the 4 of us we had salads, pasta, meats, and fish. All were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 368 reviews are from the Baci Restaurant reviews archive.
- Excellent Food & Servicelittleoinker83Dined on 5/21/2014Homey, Friendly, Attentive, Flavorful, Delicious! All the words that describe the restaurant, staff, service, and food. Out experience here was superb. The bread we started off with made us wanting more and wanting to eat it with each dish we ordered. We had the mushroom appetizer, the crusted swordfish, osso buco, and the lamb ragu pappardelle for our entrees (yes, we had 3 entrees for 2 people. YUM!), and the disaronno cheesecake for dessert. We have no regrets on what we ordered. The food was very flavorful and didn't give me that heavy food feeling. The staff was fantastic and very friendly. Great food and GREAT service! I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Always GreatPhilipDined on 5/16/2014Went Friday night with the wife and two friends. Third visit. Just as fabulous as the first two. Had the pasta with clams in a red sauce. The service was impeccable. The food phenomenal and the wine was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/8/2014Booked this restaurant based on Open Table reviews. We were delighted to find it lived up to great reviews and even exceeded them. Service was impeccable and food Devine. If possible, order the swordfish. Out of this world. The exterior of the restaurant is unremarkable but once inside you will have a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- A special eveningsteffDined on 5/5/2014It's been a while since my husband and I have been to this wonderful restaurant and I am glad to have become reacquainted. I was looking for a restaurant for a special evening where I could carry on a conversation without raising my voice or straining to hear. I also wanted some delicious food that would not break the bank. The service was not rushed and very accommodating and pleasant. The menu was Italian and excellent with veal, poultry, fish and of course wonderful pasta's. The restaurant met all of my requirements and I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindLuvD1D2Dined on 4/22/2014We had a little trouble finding the restaurant but once we got out of the car we could smell the garlic. The menu has a good selection selections of salads, pasta, seafood and meats. Wine list was exceptional. Service was great.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianJaLoDined on 4/5/2014I am extremely picky about Italian growing up in a big Italian family. I rarely find an authentic place. From the mouthwatering portabello mushrooms to the homemade vanilla gelato with perfect espresso - well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great old world ItaliankatieDined on 4/4/2014Loved everything about this place. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- April2014terry1954Dined on 4/2/2014Baci is our new San Diego restrarant standard for all others to be compared to. The food is only surpassed by the wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy a bit of OldOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/29/2014We always enjoy a bit of Old World ambiance and good Italian food. Our family prepares Italian food at home so if we choose to go out then the first choice is Baci. We know the food will be good and well prepared. Each of us in our party of five ordered something different and we all loved our dinners. From the osso buco to the eggplant parmigiana each plate was delicious. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- FANTASTIC RESTAURANT!MargeDined on 3/27/2014I can't believe I had not been here before! I live very close. The food was incredible! The service was wonderful. I plan to return many times!Special Features:
- Another Wonderful Dinner!AngeloDined on 3/19/2014Our children had dinner with us this week at Baci Restaurant! As always food & service were outstanding. We started with Prosciutto e Melon, Carpaccio di Manzo & Insalata Caprese, Dinner included Rack Of Lamb, New York Strip Steak, Scallops, Mediterranean Sea Bass. We order sides of Gnocchi Quattro Formaggi. I ordered it with the cuttle fish. Detail to the food & attentiveness towards their guest are outstanding!! You will not be disappointed with this Gem of a Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy Baci duringBuntzVIPDined on 3/11/2014We always enjoy Baci during our winter visits to San Diego, and our meal this time was no exception. The food is outstanding and the service is professional and friendly. We both had veal, Marsala-style for my wife, and a chop for me. Both were about as good as they could be. I started with one of the best Caesar salads I've ever had, complete with anchovies! Complimentary limoncello finished off an outstanding meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding fooddinerDined on 3/8/2014Everything we had, from the appetizer, to the salad, to entree, to the dessert, exceeded our expectations. We were expecting an average Italian restaurant, but this was far better. I highly recommend the rack of lamb and the Disaronno cheesecake. The only bone I had to pick with them is that our waiter implied that our salads were included with our entrees, when in fact they cost extra. They should be more careful with their wording when offering an $8 salad that it isn't included with the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.