1955 West Morena Blvd
San Diego, CA 92110Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sandiegobaci.com/
- Phone: (619) 275-2094
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Domenico Alioto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our patio can seat 50 people comfortably, and our private back room can seat 30 comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Sal D'Amato 6197577858
A word from Baci Restaurant
Baci Ristorante offers diners a hint of old world Italian charm, with plush booths, white tablecloths, and gracious servers clad in tuxedos. While the decor is subtly modern, the menu is classic, celebrating Northern and Southern Italian cuisine. Specialties include classic pasta dishes, veal, and fresh seafood, with especially tempting daily specials offered by Executive Chef Domenico Alioto. In addition to the cuisine, the restaurant's charming and welcoming features--include an extensive wine list, elegant patio setting, and romantic main dining room--have made Baci a consistent favorite among locals for over 30 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Baci Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Old Town ›
Baci Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (47)romantic (40)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (36)good for groups (23)great for lunch (16)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- A delightful, delicious mealJeffreyMDined on 11/17/2014We enjoyed a delightful, romantic, delicious evening at Baci to celebrate our anniversary. We shared hearts of palm salad and seafood pasta, and one of us had salmon and the other a pork chop special. We finished the evening with tiramisu. Everything was perfectly prepared and delicious. The service was friendly and efficient--just excellent. It was a totally wonderful experience. We were pleased, will return soon, and recommend Baci highly. Francesca & JeffreySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baci is Five Star!!!AlbertVIPDined on 11/15/2014I took two friends to Baci for a Saturday night dinner. I asked to be seated in the bar area which was very comfortable and upbeat for my first time guests. They wanted a "taste"of everything so we ordered an Italian feast: We started with Insalata Caprese - delicious with heirloom tomato!. For the pasta course we ordered Penne Arrabiata and Fettuccine Alfredo. Baci's Penne Arrabiata is without doubt one of the best recipes for this dish I've ever tasted; the Fettuccine Alfredo was a special request as it isn't on the menu. It was prepared perfectly with just the right amount of flavor. For the entrees, two of us had the signature Swordfish Oreganato. Ive seen this preparation a few rare times but Baci has "cracked the code" on this delicacy. Its truly delicious. My other guest ordered the New York Steak - a top grade cut of meat and cooked exactly to temperature. Baci's service is Five Star - the bartender and servers exceeded expectations. Both of my guests were delighted with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic nightMony1053Dined on 11/15/2014We came here for our anniversary, and we were treated with the best and most professional service. We had the special appetizer, which was fresh mozzerella wrapped in prusciutto over a bed of tomatoes and sliced beets. The mozzerella was so good that it just melted in our mouths. For entrees we had the lamb ragu with fresh papperdelle and the tortelloni with veal. We had a complimentary Tiramisu, and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian restaurant gem in San Diego!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014Exceptional food and service that doesnt miss a beat. Request Brian as his service is impeccable and his menu suggestions are always spot on. He recommended the pork chop special and it was delicious .....well prepared and seasoned.Special Features:
- Always a HitPhilipVIPDined on 11/1/2014This was our fourth or fifth visit to Baci. Always wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014fabulous food and service! Made me very special for my birthday!Special Features:
- Baci's Brilliance Shines Again!!!CStruykDined on 10/25/2014Baci is one of my personal top spots, if not my top spot. The swordfish is second to none and has me coming back every week with my girlfriend. Pricing is fair, we're only 18 yet love to spend a night a movie and then off to Baci. Absolutely fantastic staff on hand. Recognized us from our first, second, third, and fourth visit. Stellar is the only way to describe the establishment. Very quiet, great for a relaxing romantic night. First time we went we were like, hmmm doesn't seem great from outside, but is so traditional it is perfect for any occasion. Absolute favorite Italian I've ever had in California and in the US. Simply magnificent. I recommend Swordfish above all, even if you don't like fish like myself, it is fantastic. Go here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING AS ALWAYSNeighborsVIPDined on 10/24/2014The sea urchin appetizer is outstanding as well as the burratta wrapped in procuitto. Over the top!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/22/2014Excellent as always. Food, service great. Great Drinks also. Sat in a comfortable booth. Would recommend the Petroli Sole as my favorite. I will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Eating there for yearsNormDined on 10/18/2014The food and service has been consistently great. Northern Italian. Tony the owner is always there to greet youSpecial Features:
- Great food, Awesome servicenelskellyDined on 10/17/2014The staff is extremely attentive, friendly, and helpful. Food is out of this world. Great experience from valet, to hostess, to wait staff. We will be coming back. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Maitre d' was awesomesteaknwifeDined on 10/10/2014The welcome at the door was warm and receptive. He was helpful to the entire staff. Our waiter was a little overwhelmed and not very attentive. He kept forgetting things. The atmosphere was lovely though and cozy and romantic. The food was delicious. I had eggplant parmesan and the marinara sauce was light and fresh and had a nice tomato flavor. My husband had chicken marsala and he thought it needed salt-it was a little lacking in a bold marsala flavor but the chicken was moist and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb wait stafflikeironchefDined on 10/7/2014Our waiter was named Phillipe. Attentive without being cloying. His descriptions of the specials made your mouth water in anticipation. His knowledge of the menu and wine list made his recommendations perfectly paired with our delicious meals. I've eaten recently at other far more expensive places that didn't begin to provide service as accomplished as Phillipe at Baci's. I will return soon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baci2foodloversVIPDined on 9/29/2014Our experience was terrific. Baci has always been one of very favorite spots and it was great to be able to introduce Baci to our out of town guests. They loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the very best anywhereMikeKDined on 9/26/2014I have little more to say than this is one of the very best restaurant finds you could fine. The ambiance was only surpassed by the outstanding service which was surpassed by the outstanding food. This is old world service at its best in this country. We had a business meeting with five people and three walked out stating this was the best meal they have every had, anywhere. Don't miss the swordfish, apparently considered by some as the best anywhere. An if you like Gelato or desserts, boy are you in for a surprise.Special Features:
- Not Worth the PriceDeMediciDined on 9/23/2014recently ate here. Menu choices looked good. Food was about par with the Olive Garden, but at three times the price. Food was okay, but NOT transcendent. Service very good, but food disappointing. dinner for two with 2 glasses of wine and appetizer's about $200.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The food and service were excellent. Waiters experienced and attentive. Tony a great host. Hope to visit again soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful Luncheon!FrancescaDined on 9/23/2014Six ladies totally enjoyed our celebratory birthday luncheon for two of us; the food divine with the usual excellent service. Never to be disappointed as we look forward to another dine at Baci Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Only criticism was that the fetticcine with mussels, although excellent, the pasta was spaghetti, not feticcine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/16/2014alway's a great meal, Great service. I had the Sloe one of my favorites and my friend had the Prime Rib and said it was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Baci's is a gem. Always happy with the food, service and ambiance of this upscale restaurant. Have been coming here for, I think, as many years as they have been open!!! We always celebrate our anniversary here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningGreatnightDined on 9/5/2014I highly recommend this restaurant. The food was fabulous along with great service. I highly recommend that you request Francesco as your waiter. You will not be disappointed. A great evening with my family that we will always remember.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experience! The bestNoblenative60Dined on 8/30/2014Service is impeccable. The food is always fresh. Baci always has fantastic dinner specials. I recommend this place to everyone. Old school formal dining with plenty of class. This place is great for special occasions as well. Bravo to Tony and his chefs and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best veal ever!ausblueDined on 8/29/2014The veal dishes at Baci have always been delicious but the veal chop with the porcini and sherry sauce was out of this world! The Osso Buco was delicious as well paired with a William Hill Chardonnay. Bring your wallet! Our bill was $160 for on appetizer, two entrees, two glasses of wine and no dessert.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerJudyDined on 8/25/2014This was the 3rd time at Baci. It was excellent again. The service was better this time in that our waiter was more friendly. We tried the portobello mushroom appetizer & it was very delicious. My filet mignon was as excellent & generous enough for my dinner the next night. My only complaint would be that it would be nice if the special occasion of their guest/s were recognized. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014As part of our 40th anniversary celebration, we wanted a special dinner location. Baci's was just that. When you step into the restaurant you are suprised by the tuxedoed waiters and and authentic Italian ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dog freindlyptlomafoodieDined on 8/22/2014We saw on line that Baci's is dog friendly on their outdoor patio. We are thrilled about this option!! The food was exceptional. I had the halibut and it melted in my mouth. Also had the Caesar salad with crispy prosciutto...OMG, it was all to die for. We shared the vanilla pistachio ice cream, mmmm. Lastly, did I mention the wine? Awesome selection. Lastly, our waiter was perfect! Engaging, professional, and knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. We go about 4-5 times a year for special occasions and have never been disappointed. Thanks Baci's!!Special Features:
- THE FIRST PLACE TO GO FOR ITALIANGordoVIPDined on 8/19/2014Baci should always be your first place to go for Italian in San Diego; best food and service in town!Special Features:
- Great Italian - traditional settingJandSDined on 8/16/2014If you like great Italian good in a classy setting, this is your place. The dishes are traditional but not heavy. Great wine list. Fabulous service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favoriteDisappointedVIPDined on 8/16/2014After two years of looking for an italian restaurant that is just right, we found Baci. Great service, real Italian food, great wine list, and quiet enough to have a conversation. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and serviceKennDined on 8/12/2014Reminesent of Aldo's in Baltimore's Little Itally-that is to say-very representative of older American Italian resturant with great food and excellent wine selection. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- PhenomenalJiminVIPDined on 8/8/2014Baci continues to improve. It was San Diego's best restaurant even before its recent menu upgrade. Now it is world class. Service is polished, professional, personable, and warm. The ambiance is intimate, and fun. Baci is the pride of Bay Park and a delightful destination for diners from all over San Diego!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014consistently outstanding. Best fresh fish in San Diego.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Every time we visit San Diego, a night is set for our Baci visit. It is soooo good that we always take friends there.Special Features:
- Usually Excellent But Slipped a BitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Baci has been one of our top three restaurants for years, and still is, but our last visit was not up to their usual excellence. Service, as usual, was top notch, but the food preparation slipped. My wife's sole was overpowered by lemon, and a small portion. My bone in pork chop was very good, juicy and tender. Our guest had veal picatta, also way overpowered with the usual subtle lemon flavor. Chock it up to one off night among many excellent evenings.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemjylnicoleVIPDined on 7/24/2014This neighborhood gem has wonderful food, service and an incredible ambience. Classic Italian fare w/ servers in tuxedos! Great for a celebration or a romantic setting. We'll be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 377 reviews are from the Baci Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great restaurantBobcDined on 7/12/2014What a wonderful evening, dinner was outstanding, veal chop with porcini mushroomsSpecial Features:
- Our FavoriteNinaDined on 7/12/2014Whenever we visit San Diego, Baci's is first on our list. The food and the service is excellent. Even our 12 year old loves it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatSDWineGoddessVIPDined on 6/27/2014I dined at Baci to celebrate a friend's birthday. Great ambiance, white tablecloths and tuxedo clad waiters. We ordered mussels and two glasses of Pinot Grigio and had to remind our server to bring the wine when the mussels arrived at the table. The restaurant was not busy. I had the rack of lamb, she had a seafood pasta dish. I have to admit, I was underwhelmed. The dish was served with steamed broccolini and mashed potatoes and as a whole was unremarkable. At $35, the lamb portion should have been bigger and the vegetable hot. Dessert was good, but at a total cost of $144 plus gratuity for two people ($25 corkage fee included for the wine I brought), I'm not likely to return anytime soon.Special Features:
- Absolutely SublimeEdwardVIPDined on 6/20/2014Everything was perfect. The greeting and seating. The wait staff was right out of central casting. Every bite of every dish was superb. I must say that everyone at Baci gave us the feeling that we were their only customers and that we were very special. It was truly sublime.Special Features: