Baci Restaurant & Bar
5909 Milan Road
Sandusky, OH 44870Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Baci Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://baciclub.com/
- Phone: 4196249900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:30am; Closed Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Carmelo Ruta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From business meetings to holiday celebrations or rehearsal dinners, Baci is occasion ready and waiting. Leave a lasting impression on 10 or 100 of your closest friends or esteemed colleagues when you host an event in Baci Club private rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Margium 4196210200x3315
- Entertainment: The music is a beautiful background for diners throughout the restaurant. On Friday & Saturday after 10PM, Baci turns into a full-swing, European-style nightclub with music ranging from contemporary dance mixes to tropical, Latin, pop, rock and golden oldies.
A word from Baci Restaurant & Bar
Baci Restaurant & Bar is an Italian fine dining restaurant and nightclub located in the heart Lake Erie Shores & Islands of Sandusky, Ohio. Born & raised in Italy, Carmelo Ruta, Executive Chef, in the kitchen, Baci Restaurant & Bar combines the best of old and new world thinking, to create a wonderful full-flavored and well-rounded menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baci Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (3)fit for foodies (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Recommend!horsewoman60Dined on 9/13/2014Everything was perfect and Cindy made the experience even more fun and went above and beyond the call of duty. We loved the seemingly non-stop courses. Our group of four had three tenderloins and one Salmon filet. Yum!Special Features:
- We would drive an hour to eat here.Love2eatDined on 8/16/2014We googled best restaurant in Sandusky and this was number one; they weren't wrong! Wonderful service, terrific food; you wouldn't know it was there just driving by so it is a true hidden gem. Connected to a Comfort Inn on Route 250. In and out in one hour even though there main service is a 5 course meal. Antipasta plate, sample pasta plate, salad, bread, and an entree. I know this was an Italian restaurant but I ordered the yellow lake perch and have to say that the chef prepared it perfectly. I took a chance, being so close to the lake, and was not disappointed. We live an hour away but wouldn't hesitate to drive an hour for dinner here!Special Features:
- 4 stars??????Momof3Dined on 6/24/2014This restaurant was rated highly on another site. Yikes!!!! That is why we booked the table. We had a comedy routine play out with poor service from 3 different people. We absolutely didn't need a reservation. No one was there at 7PM on a Tuesday. The waiter/bar tender encouraged us to order "off menu" if we wanted to add/subtract items to our meals. This ended up totally screwed up. We didn't say anything. The food tasted good enough but they so didn't have their act together. The bar tender was only one who seemed to be able to wait on us. Ironically, the bar was the busiest part of this establishment.
- Tom CatTomcatDined on 6/21/2014This was our second trip to Baci. The first time was a slow weekday and not many patrons but only one bartender and one waiter. The second trip was a saturday nite 6pm reservations and 80% of the tables were full. ONE waiter for the entire resurant, needless to say service was less then desirable. Never came back to table for drink orders. Surely an upscale restaurant like Baci could afford and find more than one server. They lost probably $50+ in drink orders on our 4 top alone. As bad as the service was I will return for the food quality. Best rack of lamb I ever had.Special Features:
- Poor ChoicecmmkDined on 6/20/2014We had 6:45 p.m. reservations. There was no hostess there to greet us at 6:30. Carpet filthy with crumbs. My water arrived with little specks of black. It was graciously replaced. Our salad arrived with many brown edges. Next was an appetizer, which was tasty and had one tiny piece of lobster in it. The bread was good. I ordered mostaccioli. It was fine, but nothing special. My husband ordered steak. It was not tasty, just okay. This restaurant is rated in the top, but we saw nothing special about it. We would not recommend it, nor would we return. This was not a good experience.
- WonderfulJomamafromHuronDined on 6/6/2014This was our second visit to Baci in recent months and found the overall experience to be wonderful. Both times we have visited with other guests and all of us agree that the food, service and atmosphere truly lend themselves to a great dining experience. Although some may feel that it may be a bit "pricey", the entire dining experience is well worth the price and actually what we consider a bargain. Although the menu is not huge, everything that was sampled was very well prepared.Special Features:
- The following 70 reviews are from the Baci Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Great foodReedDined on 5/24/2014This is a place you need to pace yourself - they start with pasta of the day, followed by appetizers, followed by salad - if not careful you are full by now - great drink prices and meals are reasonable.Special Features:
- 3 couple anniversary dinnerTomcatDined on 4/1/2014Considering it being a tuesday nite we figured we'd have a pretty empty place and it was. Unfortunatly it was empty of servers. Our waiter was also the bar tender and I counted one bus boy. Although I live in Lorain I have traveled the world during my 40 year business career and have entertained at thousands of restaurants. Normaly we go to Cleveland but Ive eaten at all of them. So we thought we'd try going west. Food was above average, wine list and availability was lacking price was fair. Server was good but one is not sufficient. I would return.Special Features:
- amazing!!trooper1Dined on 12/31/2013Food was amazing! The amount of food that is served is well enough for anyone!Special Features:
- Nice Sweetest Day mealPartyof2Dined on 10/19/2013My gf and I went here for Sweetest Day and were quite pleased. The ambience was amazing, great service, the waitress was right on top of refills etc., and he food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- American stodgechoco80Dined on 10/12/2013We are a family of 3 from the big city vacationing in Sandusky over a holiday weekend. The food at Baci is not Italian, but very Americanised. The salads were nutritious and fresh, most enjoyable. The pasta dishes came with a large serving of pasta and an abundance of sauce. What lacked was the judgement between quantity and quality. The servings are more appropriate for an adolescent wanting to fill up, rather than someone out to savour good food. The lobster was dry. The evening ended with coffees- lattes were ordered, but once again they did not live up to Italian standards. Based on the pricing, I would have expected far more from this place.The service however, was excellent and the martinis highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysKarbos33Dined on 9/28/2013Baci never disappoints. The food is always great and the service is amazing. Renee is awesome. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful dinner afterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013Had a wonderful dinner after a long biking day at the MS150. We were very pleased with the service, good food and even the recovery of the jacket that was left as we returned to our hotel. We are planning our next dining event there.Special Features:
- Food quality & PresentationconnieDined on 7/20/2013We ordered the top priced menu and found it wanting for the cost. Perhaps a more moderately priced meal would have been better. GREAT presentation and service. They made our birthday celebrations special with an unexpected a pre and post dinner surprise.Special Features:
- Weird cluttered decorDateNightDined on 7/5/2013The food and service were by far the best in the area. Staff was friendly and professional. Food was just awesome. Only thing that was a little off was the atmosphere. The decor seemed to be a hodge podge of different themes with a lot of clutter. My wife described it as Italian, French, and Las Vegas mixed together. Overall I will definitely be coming back for more of their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable Great Find!foodreviewerVIPDined on 6/27/2013We were so surprised that we didn't know about this restaurant sooner. The food, and service way exceeded our expectations. The veal chop was the biggest I have ever seem. All the food was cooked perfectly, hot, and well presented. The service was excellent. The restaurant was not crowded, as I don't think many people know about it, because it is in a hotel, but this restaurant deserves much more business, as it is really a GREAT find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW in SanduskytydanDined on 6/15/2013After reading other reviews on Trip TripAdvisor and Yelp I made reservations and was not disappointed. The food was excellent, fresh and the service was great. The only down side was the decor - out dated and filled with dusty silk plants it would be a 4 star if they would only update the look and feel to go along with the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good AtmosphereKayrDined on 4/27/2013We would go back to Baci again but not order seafood. Both the tuna and lobster were overcooked. Two of our party had the veal chop and raved about it. The meal came with green beans and red skin potatoes and both were excellent as was the salad. The waitress also brought us a complimentary antipasto plate which was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to spotKarbos33Dined on 3/23/2013Just found this place after living in the Cleveland area for the past year, and it is our new "go to" spot. It's great for a drink at the bar or for sitting at a cozy booth for a romantic dinner. The staff is friendly yet professional. The food is always delicious and if there is any problem the management is quick to take care of it. So glad we found Baci. We love it. :-)Special Features:
- Leadership training and guidanceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Food was not good and was cold when it came out. Took forever to be seated, to even be acknowledged. Food came out when we were still eating apps and no room on table. Nobody to get us a drink at the bar, employees talking to each other extensively when they should be talking to the customers. We had 2 children at the table and people behind us were swearing constantly. Gives you an idea who frequents this place.
- OUR GROUP ENJOYED OUR EVENINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013OUR GROUP ENJOYED OUR EVENING ON FEB.14TH 2013. The food was excellent and more than enough. The staff surprised us with and Antipasto platter to start with and it was wonderful. We had three drinks with our meal plus tip and I felt it was a reasonably priced evening.Would go there again for sure. The combination of flavors from salad to main course was great.Special Features:
- A nice dining experience goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2013A nice dining experience good food and great service.Special Features:
- A Hidden Gem!LauraVIPDined on 1/30/2013The waitress did not know the menu very well, but she made it up by eagerness to please. Wait staff should know the menu up and down and have tasted most everything on the menu in a nicer place such as this. All of the staff were very nice. They are working on their menu and will soon be making changes. I liked the scallops very much. Moderate size and too many too eat them all. Very flavorful! The impression I have is that the chef is excellent, and therefore the offerings are amazing, but the ins and outs of the business need someone more qualified. The menu contained several typos. The pricing of the meals were pretty low for the good quality and quantity that was served.Special Features:
- We were there for a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2013We were there for a birthday celebration on a Thursday in January. There were not very many people there(out of season) but the service and food was perfect. The only issue we had was singage outside, it was on a lighted sign connected to the motel that changed messages. If you drive by at the right time there may or may not be a sign for the restaurant. We drove by and had to stop and ask for directions, other then that we had a great timeSpecial Features:
- Wonderful New Years Eve dinnerJeniferDined on 12/31/2012Wonderful New Years Eve dinner and dance! Great food and great prices!Special Features:
- whatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012We have always enjoyed our experiences at Baci, but New Years Eve is probably not the best night to dine there if you want to take your time and hang out with friends. Although the food was fantastic as usual, we were there about 65 min or so. We felt rushed. Disappointed but would still recommend for an evening out.Special Features:
- One sweet eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Our first dining experience at Baci was a nice one! Service was awesome and the meals were prepared perfectly. We will definately return in the future.Special Features:
- Dining at Baci's isn't justOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Dining at Baci's isn't just 'going out for dinner', it's a dining experience! If you have errands to run do them before dinner as your 'experience' will last 2 1/2 to 3 hours and you will be too full to even think about shopping. It's a unique experience-from the personal service to the multiple courses to the presentation of the 'menu' (won't spoil it for you)and last but not least--to the lobster tail! I believe they said it was from S. Africa. They serve the largest lobster tail I have ever had and it is wonderful! My only negative critique: while the seafood is fresh and wonderful I'm not as impressed with their steaks. They are very good but not the quality they used to be. I do miss those melt in your mouth filet mignons!Special Features:
- Maybe this is more of a warmVacationingDined on 11/9/2012Maybe this is more of a warm weather place. We had a steak which came with one red skin cut in four slices and still not sure what the vegetable was. The over all feeling was that they had run out of food so they reheated the left overs. If they are a seasonal restaurant then don't bother serving food in the cold months.
- Horrible service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012We were never served! We waited 15 minutes and not a single server came to our table. Multiple servers walked by us several times but not even a "be right with you" was given. No menus, no drinks, not even a single glance in our direction, so we left after 15 minutes.
- Great place! We got the tableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Great place! We got the table service menu... I had been there before years ago.. This was my husband's first time.. It seems when I was there years ago there were more courses than what we received this time but even with the smaller menu....it was still plenty to eat and the good was amazing!! Service was wonderful as well! :) Erik definitely go back and recommend to my friends!!Special Features:
- The food and the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012The food and the service was wonderful!! The atmosphere was great! I just wish that there would have been action on the dance floor...the music was great, but the dance floor was empty. The dj needs to encourage people to get out on the floor!Special Features:
- Food was great and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Food was great and service was fast an effiecent. We had an early reservation 6:30PM and the resturant was still gearing up for the evening. We were seated it what seemed like a secluded booth from the large group on the other side of the restuarant. As the booths filled it was difficult to have a converstion since you could hear everyone else's conversation, intimacy lost. It was especially bad since I think the guy in the next booth was a LOUD talker. When he was quiet I could hear the couple two booths away. I would say accustics are an issue. The bar was empty so maybe more white noise in the room might have helped. The food was good. I ordered my steak medium but ranged from rare to medium well across the cut.Special Features:
- Some of the best Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012Some of the best Italian food between Cleveland and Toledo. Much attention to detail in prep. Will be on my return list for sure.Special Features:
- Decor is more of a nightclubluv2eatDined on 7/7/2012Decor is more of a nightclub than a restaurant and a little confusing when you enter. The restaurant is located in a motel and was very difficult to find. I was disappointed that a number of the menu items were not available but the food we did have was excellently prepared and presentation was nice. Our server seemed to be the only server working so service was a little disappointing. When we had his attention he was very friendly and helpful but service was slow. The food makes this restaurant worth trying as we did enjoy our meal.Special Features:
- Bait and SwitchSteveVIPDined on 6/23/2012First, Baci is part of Comfort Inn, with no sign on the street to be able to find it. Second, it is mostly a bar. We ordered mussels in a cream garlic wine sauce and was served mussels in what looked and tasted like tomato basil soup. We were not pleased and felt deceived that it was not clearly described as a hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- HIDDEN GEMJohnsonVIPDined on 4/21/2012We LOVED our dinner experience. We googled fine dining in Sandusky, found the Baci Club and tried it out. From the moment we walked in, everyone was nice. Our waitress was wonderful, the chef even offered foods that weren't on the menu. He was offering variations on listed dishes which we ended up trying. My husband had a veal chop, butterflied and then prepared as veal piccata. I had lobster, scallops and shrimp which was an amazing dish. LOVED IT. We hope that word gets out and people start frequenting this restaurant. ADVERTISE THIS PLACE!!!Special Features:
- small boothOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012i an not very big, but i did find the booth every small and hard to navigate.
- Baci Supper Club is the mostOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2012Baci Supper Club is the most upscale restaurant in the Sandusky/Port Clinton area. We have been there many times and have always been very happy with the food and the service.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012A wonderful dining experience. Great service! We will definitely return.Special Features: