Baci Italian Ristorante
5101 Kilgore Ave.
Hampton, VA 23666Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Baci Italian Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www./
- Phone: 7578250180
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Baci Italian Ristorante
Baci Italiano Ristorante to open up in Peninsula Town Center. Baci — the name means “kisses” in Italian — will be owned and operated by the Bertuglia family, which also operates Tuscany and Fiorello in Newport News. The family has been in the restaurant business in Sicily and the United States for more than 45 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baci Italian Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)romantic (8)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- EnjoyedmelhpDined on 9/5/2014You will not regret eating here. Great atmosphere, great food, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ciao Baci's!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I enjoyed dining at Baci's Restaurant. The appetizer and entree I selected was delicious. I tried the trietto seafood appetizer and risotto with salmon and shrimp entree. My first time at Baci's and it was a very good experience. Our waitress Alshala(?) was very nice and she was very accomodating. I look forward to dining at Baci's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnsureWillDined on 8/28/2014This was my first visit to this location. I chose this as my first date based on my experience I had having a business dinner at another location. However, this dining experience at the Hampton VA location was the worst dining experience I've ever had.Special Features:
- Hard to screw up pasta...RiRiDined on 8/22/2014But they did. I would not go back there. Overpriced for poor quality.
- rockinrobinDined on 6/22/2014We had a party of 10. They charged us half price for a 3 year old. I thought that was excessive. They charged full price for a 12 year old. We went for Sunday Brunch. There was one type egg, 2 desserts, fruit consisted of 2 kinds of melon only, premade rolls covered with garlic butter were passed off as garlic knots, there was no other bread - no biscuits, toast, bagels, etc. No omelets or carving station. Food wasn't even warm. There was one veggie, spaghetti pie that tasted like cooked noodles baked in the shape of a pie - no spices or sauce. The service was good. The restaurant was clean. There were very few people there and I now understand why. We will not return for the brunch.
- FAMILY NIGHTLOVEITALIANDined on 6/14/2014DINNER AT BACI WAS VERY GOOD! WE HAD A VERY GOOD WAITRESS THAT MADE US LAUGH AND WAS ATTENTIVE TO OUR NEEDS. FOOD WAS VERY GOOD FROM THE GARLIC KNOTS TO THE DESSERT.Special Features:
- Romantic Birthday DinnerSabrinaTDined on 6/4/2014I surprised my husband for his birthday. Flowers were delivered to the restaurant prior to our reservation and a romantic table was waiting. The waitress was polite and helpful, the appetizer was delicious and our meals were awesome. My husband received a desert for his birthday, also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect dining experienceZinger888Dined on 5/31/2014We dined at Baci's on Saturday May 31st. We had the chicken parmagaen and the veal marsala. Both dishes were cooked to perfection. The service was fast and polite. We had jazz music playing by Mr. Holloman and he was excellent. A perfect place for dining for the special occasion or if want to relax and listen to music. Prices are very reasonable and everything is cooked fresh. Enjoy.Special Features:
- PdotVIPDined on 5/29/2014This restaurant is near the Pantages Theater. We go here often as they can accommodate us to make the show. The food is excellent. I like the atmosphere, which is almost cave like, with candles. It is actually a warehouse changed into a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Baci Italian Ristorante reviews archive.
- We loved it!iloveitalianfoodDined on 5/23/2014We had a group of about 15 and the service was excellent. We made reservations online beforehand which made it so easy. When we got to the restaurant the table was ready right away. Service was quick & the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!KarenTDined on 5/23/2014The six of us had a wonderful dinner at Baci on a Friday evening. We made reservation and the seated us exactly as we requested by phone. The owner stopped by our table during and after our meal to check on us. The food was delicious and was served rather quickly. I would definitely recommend Baci and we will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014First we had to wait 15 minutes past our reservation for our table and only got seated then after we asked the hostess how. Uh longer and she admitted she had forgotten us. We noticed others walking in and being seated before us. After we were seated we were brought water and then waited another 15 minutes with no attention....no server asked for our drinks, no one said we wil be right with you. So after 30 minutes we got up and left. On the way out we explained to the hostess that it had been so long unattended and her reply was, yes we are busy. We noticed 3-5 staff members standing around so while they were busy their staff was not. Perhaps one of the two hostesses and a manager should have waited in us. Music was too loud too.
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014My husband booked me and my kids a reservation for Mother's Day here since he is deployed. Waiter disappeared and after taking our order, food I didn't even order came out to us and then those meals showed up on our meals. I ended up sending my food back completely and didn't eat. Worst Mother's Day meal ever!
- Terrible Food and ServiceDonaldDined on 5/9/2014Service was terrible...had to get own grated cheese from waiters station; food cold but waiter never came by to check status; showed discount coupon to waiter twice but he forgot to put on check till challenged. Wine advertised at $4 a glass but was charged full price...they said discount only good at bar but sign at door doesn't say that. Osco Buco had some taste but not very good; Veal Marsala had no marsala wine taste. Overall experience not good.
- Super Italian cuisineZinger888Dined on 4/26/2014We went to Baci on a Saturday night at 6:00PM. I had the Steak shirley and the wife had the individual pizza. Both orders were exceptionally prepared. The taste was superb and the food was hot. The wait was non-existant. We were finishing our salad when the meals arrived. The service was number one. This is our third trip here in 3 months and everytime we are amazed at the food quality and service. Makes you want to forget about Olive Garden.Special Features:
- Must visit2BearsDined on 4/20/2014Our waitress was very helpful taking great care with special food requirements. Portions were huge and very tasty. Both the owner and manager visited our table and made us very welcome.Special Features:
- Outstanding italian FoodZinger888Dined on 4/12/2014The reservation put us in a perfect spot to enjoy the lve music and super view. The seafood Canneloni was superb. It was so much I had to take half home. The wife had the lasagna and it was cooked to perfection. The service was perfect always checking on our glasses, food, and anything we required. The owner stopped by to ensure our dining was pleasant. The live music was an extra given these economic times. I would highly recommend this restaurant for future outings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different AtmosphereHowever09Dined on 4/12/2014The food service was fast. The choices were outstanding. I would put a little more salad dressing on salad it was a little dry.Overall food and service were excellent. Liked singer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True ItalianMandamailDined on 4/11/2014This restaurant has authentic Italian food! The food and service were excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would return , my mom andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2014I would return , my mom and sister liked it and they are picky...Special Features:
- I can not wait to return forFoodieDined on 3/22/2014I can not wait to return for a girls night out or a night out with my hubby. This place is beautiful and grande. The atmosphere is pleasant and the food is excellent and reasonably priced. Our waiter Hector was outstanding and so personable. This is by far the best place I have been to in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for allDaveDined on 3/15/2014Good balance of very good food, service,and ambience within a reasonable price range. We had a party of 13 with no issues for a mix of adults and kids. Good for a larger group such as ours, families, or couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another authentic Italian meal!vavikinDined on 3/14/2014Very good food, another gem by the Bertuglia family!Special Features:
- Great food!frenchvanilla34Dined on 3/7/2014First time visit. Very good Italian food. Will visit again. Good value and good Happy Hour as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.