Baci Cafe - Blackhawk
3456 Camino Tassajara
Danville, CA 94506Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Baci Cafe - Blackhawk
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacicafeonline.com/
- Phone: 9252634400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-4:00pm
Lunch: Sa-Su 10:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: 4 Big Screen TV"s for your viewing pleasure. Live Music on Weekend Nights coming soon!
A word from Baci Cafe - Blackhawk
Baci ("Kiss" in Italian) Cafe is a casual dining restaurant in an intimate setting, serving California cuisine with Italian flair including, fresh seafood, steaks, burgers and pastas using fresh ingredients and authentic recipes. Offering an extensive selection of beer, wine and speciality cocktails for your dining experience. Baci Cafe is a place for the whole family to enjoy Italian comfort food with a elegant casual atmosphere. If it is catering, dining, take out or delivery, our team of dedicated professionals are eager to serve you. Open Daily for Lunch and Dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Baci Cafe - Blackhawk - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Baci Cafe - Blackhawk reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (21)kid-friendly (12)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (5)special occasion (5)late-night find (4)romantic (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Birthday lunchFoodieDined on 8/26/2014There were eight of us who took our mother for her birthday lunch. As you can imagine with nine women I did table it can get challenging. Our server was Kyle and he was very patient and service was very professional and timely. The food was good, however, my spinach salad had a little too much dressing in it and will ask for dressing on the side next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or Miss? This Was A MisswhitegatephilVIPDined on 7/30/2014The bad news was they removed the turkey burger from the menu. The equally bad news was the Thai beef skewers were over-cooked and tasteless. The Greek salad was quite nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotRogerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Casual dining spot with excellent service and pretty good food.Special Features:
- Bait and SwitchBuffaloKidDined on 7/21/2014We selected this restaurant for a casual weekday dinner based on the Open Table two $$ rating and the menu that was available online at opentable.com. Beware, that the online menu and that $$ rating are not accurate. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were surprised to see that item-for-item the prices on the in-restaurant dinner menu were significantly higher than the menu that is displayed at the opentable.com website. With tax and tip, if you order an entree and drink you'll be over $30 per person, so it should be a three $$$ rating, just like the Pleasanton Baci location.
- TastyItalianDined on 7/17/2014The food is very tasty and the service is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baci - a Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014We have been going to Baci since it opened. It was recommended t us by a friend and we have been going back, with other friends or alone, since then!! The food is always good and the wait staff are very friendly as well as being great servers!! Will go again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockyDined on 7/6/2014Mussels were not on the Lunch menu. I asked Carlos our server and he said if I wanted them he would have them prepared. They were great. I also had the Crab cakes, which were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local place for a nicer dinnerRonnDined on 6/20/2014Great overall meals, I have had the Shrimp Ravioli twice outstanding. They also have good fish dishes. Overall a little loud but a nice spot to eat either inside or out.Special Features:
- Very Happy BirthdayPete94563Dined on 6/16/2014We took Mom here for a birthday dinner. Everything was fantastic, especially Mary's outstanding, friendly service. She made the experience extra special, and Mom was thrilled. We'll be back soon. PS try the caprese starter. It's amazing.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014It's a great place to eat good food in a quiet (at least at midday on Sunday) place. A friend and I lingered over lunch and enjoyed pleasant conversation without being rushed. Great Sunday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal!jvmartin0707VIPDined on 5/25/2014Had another very good dinner at Baci's! The service was outstanding, our meals were very tasty, and we'll definitely be returning once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceRenaDined on 5/23/2014We used to go to this location when it was Strizzis. This place is hip and fun inside. Kitchen is right there so you can see the food being prepared. Wonderful, attentive service. Great menu with lots to choose from. I had the special (cajun chicken with linguini and my family all had the salmon special (stuffed with crab) it also came with risotto. Prices are ok....$15-25.00. Salads are separate. They also had chicken and beef dishes with an Italian flair. I would come here again.Special Features:
- great food & nice wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed our whole experience, but can be a bit noisy since it is more 'family friendly'. Pleasanton location has same great food & wine with a more 'couple friendly' feel and quieter noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/14/2014My parents and I really enjoyed Baci. We tried it for lunch ,which was excellent, and the service was great. My mother enjoyed ]he Tuna BLT (tasty), my father the Steak sandwich [.Delicious and tender) and I tried the Club sandwich (all fresh vegetables and juicy meats.] Fresh bread and the shoe string fried onions we're the best. We definately would go back to try the earlybird.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Very DisappointingBWNLadiesVIPDined on 5/11/2014This was a horrible surprise. This place was awful. Its more like an expensive sports bar. I chose this for Mothers day based on the Baci Pleasanton and the reviews. Cant see how those people were in the same place as I was. My mother was in a wheel chair and I was using a cane and they tried to seat us at the tall bar tables. Wow! Use a little common sense. Lamb was anemic and tough. I had called before going and was told it was the normal menu with some additional specials. That wasn't the case it was a small special menu with nothing that I could eat. The only good thing about this place was the Tiramisu. Plus the service was pretty good but I will not go back again.
- Good but a Little Priceywinendine42VIPDined on 5/10/2014We have been here a couple of times. The food is always solid however they did overcook my veal parmeson. They did get me a new dish once I mentioned it. My only comment is that it is a little expense for the décor / café style. Was talking to a couple of neighbors about the restaurant and we were all in agreement about this. Close by and convenient.
- The following 66 reviews are from the Baci Cafe - Blackhawk reviews archive.
- Great Little SurpriseXtraSauceeVIPDined on 4/26/2014Passed this place several time when dining at the nearby pizza place. After checking out the menu, I finally decided to give it a try. The menu had great variety, our server was fun and attentive and the food was tasty. My boyfriend has already picked out what he wants to try next time! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over all a good experiencePickyEaterDined on 4/4/2014The server was very attentive. The food was good, we had the calamari and my friend and i had salads (berries w/chicken - although the chicken was a bit dry, and Caesar salad), both were good. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent selection of saladsDisappointedVIPDined on 4/3/2014Excellent selection of salads and sandwiches for lunch. Particularly enjoy the berry salad with greens and options for adding chicken, salmon, prawns, etc. This day the barbecue pork sandwich was unusually dry - the first time that's happened when we've ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visiting. NiceVannaDined on 4/2/2014First time visiting. Nice atmosphere. Cozy deco, warmth color. Warm bread, my fave! Would return without kids next time to see any difference with experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just ItalianraysDined on 3/31/2014Food and Service were very good - I thought the menu would be Italian and there are plenty of great Italian dishes, but there is also a wide variety of other food you wouldn't expect in an Italian restaurant e.g. Pulled Pork Sliders. They also had a good selection on the kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very large portions on theAbbyVIPDined on 3/30/2014Very large portions on the food. Service was very good and a good variety on the menu.Special Features:
- My first visit to BaciGR007Dined on 3/28/2014Finally made it to Baci Great food and service - definitely going back
- More flavor needed - needs a punchthead1stVIPDined on 3/18/2014Food is good / service is good - nice people but the flavors need more pop or punch - the meat sauce is so simple and basic - no garlic or pepper - just plain wish this location would add some ambiance similar to the Ptown location - - the Strip Mall location is bad enough - make it look / feel a bit less strip mall diner-ish pleaseI would recommend this to a friend.
- Death by Mac & CheeseCsealsDined on 3/1/2014Everyone had a wonderful meal but were all envious after tasting my choice of Macaroni & Cheese. To put it simply-it was to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Lunch!jvmartin0707VIPDined on 2/28/2014We haven't been disappointed yet with our food at Baci's. My husband had the chicken sandwich with the house salad, and I had the asparagus beet salad with chicken. Both were very good!! The only slightly negative comment I have is that the salad dressing is rather thick; we couldn't pour it onto our salads (we had to use a spoon). However, I easily remedied the situation by just adding some to my plate along with the balsamic vinegar that's always at the table, and it was good. We will most definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. We enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent. We enjoyed pesto pasta and ciopino. Service was fast and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, not romantic (Valentine'sgizmoDined on 2/14/2014Noisy, not romantic (Valentine's Day dinner), service adequate. We won't be going back. I placed a note when I made my Open Table reservation asking for a special dessert as this was the 15th anniversary of me proposing marriage to my wife. No dessert arrived.Special Features:
- Valentines...........DSSforfishDined on 2/14/2014Had another very good experience at Baci. I requested a tall table and it was ready and waiting for us. The manager is always on hand and she does an excellent job to ready the place, greet customers and provide excellent services. I have had 4 different servers now and I am happy with all of them. This night the appetizer crab cakes were out fast and tasted very good. I had the lamb and it was excellent. My wife had the sliced steak with pesto sauce and she liked it. Oh man, the chocolate molten cake............need I say more. I really enjoy Baci. By the way, it is a nice touch to keep an eye on the USA at the Olympics as we dine.Special Features:
- If the rest of the menu isOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/11/2014If the rest of the menu is as good as the burger I had, this place is worth multiple visits. Possibly the best burger I've had in 10 years and very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual, noisy and brightJesseDined on 2/9/2014This is an Italian Restaurant lacking identity. Bright lit dining area. There are at least four gigantic flat screen TV's that hang over the kitchen and face the dining area. You think you are going in for an Italian meal, but you feel like your at a sports bar. Do not come here for a romantic quiet dinner. You can hear conversations on either side of your table. Children in the vicinity will compound the noise. Staff is young and seemed disconnected. We requested some acknowledgment of a birthday via our Open Table reservation. This was not noted by our hostess or wait staff. However, our waiter was very friendly. Food was average. Veal Piccatta seemed bland. Pricing was good. But it appears to come with compromise.Special Features:
- local favoritelocalgalDined on 1/24/2014Great small restaurant serving excellent cocktails great Italian food with a very good wine list. Perfect place to eat before taking in a movie or just a nice casual dining out experience.Special Features:
- Lunchmilena925Dined on 1/17/2014Ordered the Milano chicken pasta and the Beets salad. Both were tasty.
- Group reviewMickDined on 1/14/2014Reasonable restaurant, but did not enjoy flavors on caesar salad nor linguini.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VarietyDisappointedVIPDined on 1/6/2014Great varierty of lunch menu choices, and all we have tried have been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met Friends for Dinnerjvmartin0707VIPDined on 1/5/2014While we've had dinner at Baci's a number of times, this was the first time visit our friends from Alamo. My friend and I decided to each order the Asparagus Beet Salad and split an appetizer of Thai Beef Kabobs, and we both thoroughly enjoyed our dinner choices! Our husbands ordered the Pesto Pasta and the Double Cut Pork Chop, but first started with the Tomato Basil Soup and Wedge Salad. Since there was nothing left on their plates, I think it's safe to say that they enjoyed their dinners....immensely! We will be back!!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceHappyDinerDined on 1/5/2014Have never had a bad meal here. The service is excellent and well-coordinated. Friendly, helpful staff. Wonderful, expansive menu with lots of choices. Has take-out which is a plus. Will continue to dine here over and over.Special Features:
- New Years EveDSSforfishDined on 12/31/2013Great dining night at Baci. Although a rather new restaurant, my car has taken me there 5 times already. One of the best menus for me, as I can go seafood, steak, pasta or just their appetizers. I told my wife that I could eat there 30 days in a row. This time it was the massive prime rib dinner with the mashed. A cup of chowder was second on the list that followed some crab cakes. Excellent food and service. This time it was Michael as our server and he is excellent. The manager at BACI is very impressive as she greets you and also ends the visit with a "thank you for coming". She has a smile on her face and handling people is excellent as she handles numerous people and even will jump out and clear a table to help the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food !MTFamilyDined on 12/24/2013Our first trip to Baci -- seven of us.. Chose Baci because of the varied menu. The service was perfect and every plate arrived hot and delectable. The Grilled Salmon was outstanding, but so were the Lasagna, Pasta w/ Prawns, Chicken Parmesan. A Winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found New Favorite Salad for Lunch!jvmartin0707VIPDined on 12/19/2013This was the third time I've eaten at Baci's for lunch, and all occasions, I wasn't disappointed. During my first visit, I enjoyed their salmon sandwich which was really quite good. For my second lunch, I had their berry salad with chicken. Once again, a winner. And finally, I enjoyed their beet and asparagus salad with the addition of steak....I think I found my new all-time favorite! The asparagus was nicely grilled, and the combination of beets, mango, goat cheese (which had been rolled in black and white sesame seeds) was wonderful. Baci's is my new favorite neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.