30 Aulike St.
Kailua, HI 96734Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacibistro.com/
- Phone: (808) 262-7555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Reza Azeri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Baci Bistro
Kailua"s popular Baci Bistro serves "European cuisine with an Italian flair". While chef Reza creates mouthwatering dishes, his partner, Bill, greets diners at the door while the whole staff contributes to the friendly, family flavor of the restaurant. Baci Bistro is rather intimate, with an old-world atmosphere reminiscent of Rome and Florence. Guest have the option of dining inside with its atrium setting, on the covered lanai, or at the food bar where they can sit and watch Chef Reza work his culinary magic.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Baci Bistro - Best Restaurants in Kailua ›
Baci Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (26)romantic (24)fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (20)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great food, charming restaurantKaneoheKarenDined on 10/23/2014Even though our reservations did not show up on the restaurants computer they seated us promptly. The restaurant is small, charming eclectic with nice romantic lighting. Everyone at our table thoroughly enjoyed their meal. This is one of the places we bring visiting guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Windward Gem!GR8placeDined on 10/8/2014I have been to this restaurant many times, and although I live in town, it is well worth the trip over. Excellent service combined with great tasting food and special dishes make it a very pleasant dining experience. They also have a great wine list to satisfy those that indulge. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love - as alwaysoverstreetjjDined on 9/30/2014Baci (outdoor seating) is our go-to place for date nights, family nights, when company is in town and any other occasion we can think of. Love, love, love it!Special Features:
- Kama'aina favoriteLTVLDined on 9/27/2014We have been going to Baci for 9 years! Friendly,professional service and amazing consistent food quality! Thanks to Bill, Gabe, Caroline and Matt it just feels like ohana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs AC and timely seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014A very confused older gentleman greeted us after about 5 minutes of standing in the doorway. We told him we had 7:30 reservations and he said he'd be back in a minute, fast forward 15 minutes and we are still standing and waiting for a seat. After we finally got seated, it was sweltering hot, they really need a fan or at least working AC here. Food was decent, but grossly overpriced even by Hawaii standards. 34 bucks for a small piece of salmon and 25 for the oft reviewed truffle gnocchi. The description of gnocchi stuffed with truffles was a bit misleading, really it was just plain gnocchi with truffle oil drizzled on top. Basically if you like waiting around and eating overpriced food in sweltering heat, this is your place.
- Love the food.ShoocatDined on 9/19/2014The food here is always great. I love the truffle stuffed gnocchi which is a special not on the regular menu but I'm glad they seem to have it pretty regularly. Their salads on special never disappoint. This time we had the tomato salad special as an appetizer. Two types of tomato with cheese and vinaigrette. The cheese was some sort of gorgonzola. It was amazing. I brought my kids because I lost my sitter and it was fine and the staff was accomodating and they do have highchairs. They do offer kids pastas and they are reasonable. Drawbacks: the restaurant is small so it is crowded feeling, bad waitress but the owner was helping to wait and he was excellent and friendly. Its also a little hot in the summer so dress lightly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special GemHappyDined on 9/12/2014We love knowing that the food is always good and the service goes out of their way to be friendly and help you with what ever you need.Special Features:
- Don't botherJRBBDined on 9/7/2014The food was good and they have a nice wine list. However my wine glass had dried food bits on it and when I point it out and asked for a clean glass, the waiter sighed heavily as he walked away. I had to flag down someone to refill my water glass after it had been empty about 15 minutes. We had a coupon which the waiter took and said nothing when he handed us the check. He did not deduct the coupon from our bill. When we asked about it, he said the coupon had expired. The expiration date is in October which we told him, he said "they told me it was expired". We told him to go look at it, again with the sighing. Finally he acknowledged that it was not expired and corrected the bill. AND our credit card has been charged twice!Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/2/2014Amazing! The food is perfect in every way. Cooked to perfection, hard to believe with as many items that they offer, All fresh items every day. Several specials. We have been going since they opened and it is as good as the day they opened their doors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Growing up in an Italian family, I have a very difficult time justifying eating out at Italian restaraunts. My fiancé was craving it though, and I wasn't up for cooking, so we came here. The food was fantastic! I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. I'll definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerkentuckyveganDined on 8/28/2014It was my birthday, so not an everyday thing for me to be going to a place like this. The food was fantastic, especially the vegetable risotto, but the service was very slow and we were not happy about this. Our servers were nice and helpful, but I was not given a wine menu when I asked for one, and it took a long time just for us to get our bread. Thankfully the food was good enough that I considered it to be worth the wait, but still, didn't think I would need to ask multiple times for a wine menu. The server was very helpful in helping me pick a wine, however, and even though it was very busy everyone still stayed nice and professional. I would still recommend the place, but be sure you have a reservation! Space is limited and fills up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but...OntheGoDined on 8/28/2014Congested seating, high traffic minimal privacy due to relatively small dining area. We're told that because we booked on line rather than directly through the restaurant, we would not be given the more favorable seatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto Bene!!!jwland99Dined on 8/17/2014Awesome as always. Excellent service...meal was outstanding. We will keep up our monthly visits.
- Fresh and yummy!RJMMDined on 8/17/2014My family and I love going to Baci when we want clean, fresh delicious Italian food. The food at Baci is never over seasoned or complicated. The service is always very friendly and accommodating. The only thing is I hope one day they can renovate the restaurants decor, clean it up a bit....not to fond of the big window with nothing much to look at. Other then that, one of the best Italian restaurants on Oahu!Special Features:
- Oahu's best ItalianGavrilo2Dined on 8/16/2014Superb chef, best Italian on Oahu, and I've been to Italy dozens of times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Had an appt thru open table for 2. Arrived on time and was seated at the very entrance where customers wait for their reservations. No privacy and poor atmosphere. Asked the server if they could move us to a different table. Even though there were 2 other tables open they refused to move us. Ended up leaving. Never going back
- A little disappointingAnonymousDined on 8/9/2014Service was terrific. However, the food was hit or miss. The burrata salad was very good and the della casa salad good. Was not a fan of the eggplant melanzane appetizer. The vongole was very good, but the buccatini pomodoro was pretty average. The buccatini also used a thicker pasta which I did not care for. This was not a bad place by any means, but overall considering the reviews I did expect a little more. I would come back if I were in the area, but would not plan a special trip from town to eat here as I did this time. IMO, La Cucina and Sabrina's are better. However, a positive is that the food wait time is not nearly as long as those two places.
- Love This Restaurant!Patriots2013VIPDined on 8/7/2014Best Italian food outside of Italy. The charbroiled calamari is to die for. Pastas and sauces were excellent. One of the few restaurants in Honolulu that serves burata- Yummy! I would recommend this establishment without hesitation. The chef really knows his stuff . . . FANTASTICO!!!!Special Features:
- Good but service lagged.annemwDined on 8/6/2014Baci Bistro was crowded this night - a Wednesday around 7:30 PM. We were greeted very nicely and seated within 3 minutes (we did have reservations). We did get our server pretty quickly, but it took a long time before she came back to take our orders, and our guests (from Switzerland who had been to Baci Bistro twice before) and us were looking back and forth at each other wondering when she would come back. We had to flag her down finally. Our guests said their food was good, my partner did not like his choice (meat was dried out) and my vegetable risotto was average - not a lot of flavor. The tiramisu was very good. We've had better experiences at Baci Bistro before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Everything was great, but it took forever to get ....anything- water, wine, bread, even the birthday cake we brought to celebrate. We've eaten their before and not had a problem, maybe it was just that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love eating hereNuttlieDined on 7/29/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is awesome and the serve is equally awesome. My husband likes the wine selection.Special Features:
- The following 175 reviews are from the Baci Bistro reviews archive.
- Great Kailua Spot!kailuagirlDined on 7/24/2014This is a great spot for all who live or visit Kailua. The food is always good and the specials are always fresh and great tasting. Love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurantsJillhVIPDined on 7/18/2014Baci Bistro is one of my favorite restaurants in Kailua. Excellent service, amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the cheesecake!HawaiiBeerLoverVIPDined on 7/15/2014Made a reservation and was sat immediately...many guests were waiting on a Monday night. Service was prompt and attentive, not too intrusive. Food was fresh and all made in house...gnocchi were perfect. If you save room, you absolutely have to have the cheesecake...it it awesome! (be aware, they run out of the cheesecake often because it's so popular)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food.BengalBarryDined on 7/6/2014It's a little on the pricey side, but worth it for the occasional dinner. Every dish I've tried has been amazing.Special Features:
- Goodluvs2eatDined on 7/5/2014I have been to Baci's about four times. The food is good I can not say it is outstanding. The service is fair to good had to wait on water and cheese. I am not that picky but I do like good service. it was very noisy that night. Baci is a good place to eat in Kailua. It is very cute on the inside I think eating outside is too loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and Delicious!Gavrilo2Dined on 6/19/2014Always first rate and authentic. Chef produces good as in Italy, tasteful with great product, simplicity and soul. Family operated atmosphere. Friendly, bustling ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BacimediocrityMichaelDined on 6/13/2014Cold appetizer - warm Service - inadequate Calamari - CHEWY
- Craving Italian in Kialua?LouZillaDined on 5/31/2014Baci Bistro is a good find in older part of Kialua. There's a full bar that delivers a good dirty martini; an adequate wine list, and with one exception, great food. The bruschetta & carpaccio were tempting & the Ceaser salad was delicious. My pappardelle del campo was delicious & the rigatoni & gnocchi dishes were devoured by the others in our party. However, one of our party had linguini alle vongole & half the clams were gritty, not washed well enough. As far as service, our waitress was superb, making sure that every thing was delivered promptly & correctly. A good time was had by all, & if the clams hadn't been gritty this would have made it a full five star experience.Special Features:
- JRJazzJRjazzDined on 5/28/2014Love the name you gave me! We took neighbors there who had never been before - they thought it was very good...and so did we! Matthew was great! He's very animated & we felt he actually enjoyed his job! That's the second time he's been our waiter & he's very good at his job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal; outstanding serviceLilikoiDined on 5/25/2014My family and I really enjoyed our dinner here. We ordered the gnocchi with truffles as an appetizer (recommended by our server); they were absolutely perfect little pillows. So tasty, and sharing them is a wonderful way to enjoy them. My husband and I both ordered the nightly special items: four-cheese ravioli for him and fresh fish (Mong Chong) with vegetables for me. Both were excellent meals. The service was four-star! Absolutely first-rate. She was a true professional and took exceptional care of our children and us. We'll definitely be going back and recommending it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!ScottsdaleVIPDined on 5/20/2014What a find !!! We ate here 2 nights in a row, because the food was SO FRESH AND INCREDIBLY GOOD!!! Pat, our waitress, was also fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time aroundSteveKDined on 5/9/2014Again, the food was great. Full of flavor and hot when it arrived. Service was very good and accomodating. Red wines are served at room (read "warm") temperature and need to be chilled a bit to get to a proper cellar temperature. The wine list is available on line so when making your reservation ask that your red wine be cooled in ice and water for 20 minutes before you arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baci BistroBobbyVIPDined on 5/8/2014We have been going to Baci's for years. The food, service and friendly greeting from Bill is outstanding every time. I had the pasta with sausage, my lunch partner had the ravioli. Both were great and plentiful. I had to take half of my meal home. Great anti-pasto salad as an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baci was greatSteveKDined on 5/7/2014The food was well done with obvious passion. The Caesar was divine. I had the Pappardelle Del Campo which was full of flavor and a generous portion. My wife had the ravioli and she said it was fabulous. We shared the Caesar and a bottle of Zinfandel. The bill was $85 plus tip... very reasonable!! The restaurant was a bit loud but fun. Our server, Carole was great and very attentive without being obtrusive. A great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back.HappyDined on 5/3/2014Great place. We will be back again and again. A little hideaway in Kailua that was a wonderful find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kailua Town Gem!ShiggzDined on 5/3/2014The Truffle Gnocchi is theeeeee bomb dot com! Great place with a very home-like feel. Definitely make a reservation because this place gets busy, and can only seat so many people. Definitely Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnifico!jwland99Dined on 4/20/2014Awesome as always! Classic dishes executed with precision...absolutely delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Longtime patronwannabefoodieDined on 4/18/2014I've been enjoying Baci Bistro for some 30+ years now and through multiple changes of locations, they never disappoint. The food has always been consistent throughout the years and I dare say better than most, if not all Italian eateries on the island. Service is always impeccable, and the dessert menu, while limited to a few items, is to die for!Special Features:
- Cute little Italian restaurantKaneoheKarenDined on 4/9/2014This is our favorite Italian restaurant in Kailua. Good food and nice atmosphere. One of the go to places when we have company.Special Features: