30 Aulike St.
Kailua, HI 96734Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacibistro.com/
- Phone: (808) 262-7555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Reza Azeri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Baci Bistro
Kailua"s popular Baci Bistro serves "European cuisine with an Italian flair". While chef Reza creates mouthwatering dishes, his partner, Bill, greets diners at the door while the whole staff contributes to the friendly, family flavor of the restaurant. Baci Bistro is rather intimate, with an old-world atmosphere reminiscent of Rome and Florence. Guest have the option of dining inside with its atrium setting, on the covered lanai, or at the food bar where they can sit and watch Chef Reza work his culinary magic.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Baci Bistro - Best Restaurants in Kailua ›
Baci Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)special occasion (24)romantic (22)fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (5)good for groups (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great placeJaminDined on 3/30/2014We have been eating here for many years, love the atmosphere and the servers are all wonderful...food is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a great place!FoodieVIPDined on 3/30/2014In the last few years, we have tried to wonder into Baci and they have been full. This year we made a reservation on a Sunday night and had no problems getting in. We were greeted warmly and our waitress was wonderful. She could describe dishes, make recommendations and was always keeping our wine glass full. We ordered salads to start that were yummy but big enough to share if ordering a meal too or great dinner size with their delicious bread. I had the scallops in a saffron sauce and it was amaIng. My husband had fish with vegetables. No room for dessert but hear the marsxapone cheesecake is good so will come back for that. Wonderful place in a wonderful place (Kailua)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday nightBengalBarryDined on 3/29/2014Took my lady friend here for her birthday. The menu is simple but large enough to have a good selection both over and under the $20.00 plate mark. Food was delicious. Wine was good. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local reviewJudyDined on 3/11/2014Why do you ask kid-friendly? I don't want kids screaming when I am dining. BACI BISTRO is the best restaurant in Kailua, and maybe all of Oahu. Don't need to use your service to make a reservation. BUT YOU DID a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian RestauranttomdunesDined on 3/6/2014We have been to many Italian restaurants, in US and Italy. This ranks among the best, which is somewhat surprising for a medium-sized Hawaiian town. Crowded on weekends. Wonderful for lunch, but not open for lunch on weekends. Use Opentable to make reservation because it sometimes does not monitor its own email address.Special Features:
- We had a fantastic dinnerIanMVIPDined on 3/5/2014We had a fantastic dinner from start to finish. The excellent food was complemented by the good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOLTO BENE!Patriots2013VIPDined on 3/1/2014Chargrilled calamari with marinara sauce and Washington state mussels oh so tender! Butternut squash ravioli the perfect balance between sweet, savory and salty with the crunch of walnuts was wonderful. The Burata salad was heavenly smooth and luscious. Shrimp rissotto was rich, creamy and al dente. The pappardelle meat pasta was most enjoyable. Gelatos were the best. Service was friendly and attentive. All in all a great dinner once again. Many thanks to Chef and Bill for their gracious hospitality and fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014I order a raviolli with lobster and only got 5 ravioli! It needs to have more food in that plate. Order the shorts ribs if you want to be full! The food is so delicious! I just finish i had more. There was flies on our side of the restaurant tho. but we survived lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pasta in Kailua!!myreviewDined on 2/19/2014Baci Bistro is one of the few places on Oahu that makes squid-ink pasta and makes it perfectly. I've never had a bad meal there and bring my family and friends often. It's small and intimate and yummy!! Try it out and see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small restaurantBrianBobbyDined on 2/17/2014Our local friends took us to their favorite restaurant on Oahu and, with a few qubbles, it was very good. The good: ambience & decor; attentive, friendly, knowledgeable and professional service; food presentation and (mostly) flavor. The bad: tight quarters don't mix well with loud, tipsy (though friendly) neighboring diners; veal saltimboca wasn't available and the veal scallopine marsala was very bland and surprisingly chewy--though everything else was excellent; drink service was a little sluggish. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- FaveLTVLDined on 2/13/2014Baci continues to deliver consistent meals with great service. Gabe has been there for years and does a good job making you feel right at home!Special Features:
- I like the relaxed feel ofJbirdVIPDined on 2/6/2014I like the relaxed feel of the place.Service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alway a wonderful experience!SusaninKailuaVIPDined on 2/1/2014Baci Bistro is always a great place to celebrate and know that the food, wine and service will be impeccable ! We made acreservation for my husbands birthday and asked for a table on the lanai. I called later to request an indoor table and the manager himself called back to let me know that he would make sure he had a table for our group no matter the weather! This is why we love Baci Bistro.. Great food and great people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming, cozy, romantic, deliciousKailuaFoodieDined on 1/29/2014Wonderful little restaurant that serves simple, beautiful Italian food. The salad appetizers are terrific (we love the beet special salad in any form) I highly recommend the the truffle gnocchi if they have it on the menu that night. Service is just perfect, and the place feels like a cozy, charming, lovely neighborhood restaurant. We always take guests from out of town. Sit outside when the weather is nice -- it's quieter (it's pretty noisy inside) and the little twinkly lights give a great ambiance. My husband and I have been regulars here for years. Long live Baci's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Valentine's treat!Deal4MealDined on 1/18/2014We always miss Valentine's dinner because of other plans, so, we decided to go early and make certain that we celebrate in the spirit of Valentine's Day! Baci Bistro did not disappoint. The food was excellent and the service was "just right" attentive. We ate outdoors and it was romantic and pleasant. We live in town, but, would make the drive out to Kailua to eat at Baci Bistro. The beet salad was excellent and the monchong fish special was perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian at its bestHugryGDined on 1/17/2014Little, quaint place with a very euro-Italian feel. You can eat inside or outside, both are enjoyable. Regular menu has a nice variety of dishes that cover the normal Italian spectrum. What i love is the incredible selection of specials they have most nights. Salad, cheese, and main. Tonight I chose the steamed mussels, in a butter , wine a garlic sauce. Perfectly cooked, fresh and fragrant. Hubby had the Barata cheese salad, he was a little put off by the texture of the cheese but I thought it was amazing. The flavor was reminiscent of mozzarella di bufala only creamier. Truffle gnocchi was perfect. Pillowy potatoe clouds filled with earthy truffle and a creamy butter sauce with sliced truffles. Highly recommend ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional as always!jwland99Dined on 1/12/2014Thanks Baci Bistro for another phenominal dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/7/2014I've reviewed Baci before, but hadn't been back for a while, so I thought I would drop in to see if their food and service was still as good as I remembered. It was. A smallish restaurant, but with a predictably good Italian/Continental menu that doesn't change much ... but with specials that keep things interesting. We went on a Tuesday because we remembered that Tuesday was the Osso Buco special. It was. And it was really delicious. The Caesar salads are the best I've had in the state. The desserts are all wonderful, but I usually have the Hazelnut gelato. A nice wine list (a little pricey, but worth the money).Special Features:
- Great food and excellent service.govtmuleDined on 1/7/2014Great food and excellent service. A must for anyone visiting Kailua.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always look forward to BaciOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2013I always look forward to Baci Bistro for a romantic night. The beet salad was an excellent choice for starters, followed by my favorite Chicken Picatta. My friend loved the Tutti Mari which he claimed was done to perfection. The two other guest raved about their Parppadelle de Campo. The service is excellent if you get the right server... My only complaint is that the restaurant can be warm as they keep the front door open to welcome guests.Special Features:
- Disappointing This Time AroundDiscerningdinerDined on 12/25/2013We've eaten here several times and have always had good experiences. We particularly enjoy romantic patio seating. Service is always attentive. This time, however, the food was very disappointing. Our first courses were good-- a pear//gorgonzola salad and a burrata salad--but each of us had veal dishes as our second course, and both were unpleasant. The veal itself seemed of poor quality, was seriously overcooked, and although one was supposed to be veal porcini and the other saltimbocca, they both were drenched in more or less the same sauce--a corn starchy thing that tasted predominately like bouillon cube. Baci can and should do better than this!
- Holiday LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013My work office went for our holiday luncheon to the Baci Bistro. It was a great experience and we would love to come again. The food was excellent, service was friendly, and we could also give our order the day prior so we did not have to wait for the order to be taken which took the stress off how long we had at the restaurant to enjoy the food and company. My coworkers and I would definitely recommend this place to small groups or even just a nice sit down with your special person!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baci's the Best!LeeBeezFavesDined on 12/13/2013Very cozy spot, very old time Italian atmosphere. Good wine list. Great food! Pasta is home-made. Love their chocolate hazelnut gelato. Lots of parking in the municipal lot out back. Hard to beat dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Friday Night MealLuvHulaDined on 12/13/2013We started with the special appetizer of mussels. (we usually get the Calamari Steak) But we switched and were not disappointed. The mussels were the most tender we have ever eaten. They melted in your mouth and a perfect broth, The salad of arugula and fresh Mozzarella and tomatoes was very nice, Very delicate cheese and the arugula gave a nice nutty taste, For dinner, I had the Tortellini with fresh basil and Italian sausage in a nice acidic marinara sauce DELICIOUS!! And my husband had the Opakapaka, WE were impressed once again. Delicious food, great service and lovely Christmas decor to get us into the Spirit of the Season. MahaloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better!LuckydaysVIPDined on 11/15/2013Food presentation and preparation have improved recently. We are long-time customers, and this was one of the best expressions of what we usually order in recent memory. We noted KCC interns helping in prep, a good thing. Our server was a new guy we hadn't seen before, and he was top-notch as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahi Special DisappointingDukeVIPDined on 11/9/2013Ahi was stringy, and for the price it should have been a great piece of fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood ItalianKehaulaniDined on 11/1/2013Although we had a reservation and were told that we would have a short wait, we waited one hour before we were seated. The food was fine and the wait staff very nice, but I don't believe that I would return. There seemed to be a lot of neighborhood walk-ins and it was very crowded at the time of our reservation on a Saturday night, hence they extended wait. Perhaps a week night reservation would be better.Special Features:
- Always wonderful!kailuaknDined on 11/1/2013From the buratta and tomato salad to the lamb shank over risotto, the dinner was fantastic. The servers always know their stuff, and Baci never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryMamauchiDined on 10/26/2013IF you haven't tried Baci Bistro yet, you are missing out on some amazing authentic Italian cuisine. This is a must try and my utmost favorite restaurant ever!Special Features:
- Food consistency seems toDukeVIPDined on 10/26/2013Food consistency seems to be a slight problem. Was a bit off Saturday evening, I thought.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite neighborhood gemTrish12Dined on 10/3/2013Been going for years and have never had a bad experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodsalsaDined on 9/28/2013Staff very friendly. Parking is a plus next to the restaurant no chargeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just What We Wanted!LadyinHawaiiDined on 9/18/2013Celebrated a birthday with a few friends and Baci Bistro and it was great! Our waitress was engaging and very accommodating to our requests. Food was good, drinks were good, and atmosphere was great! Really liked the complimentary dessert for the birthday person. Can wait to go back and try a few other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!HonusfaveDined on 9/15/2013I had the ravioli of the day (butternut squash) and my husband had the squid ink seafood pasta--both amazing!! Dessert was the marscapone cheesecake which was accompanied by a berry sauce--superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service - enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2013I had the fresh opah. The serving was very generous, I had enough leftovers for a full meal the next night at home, and it was just as delicious the second time. Very good for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Happened??LuvHulaDined on 8/22/2013We have eaten at Baci several times--dinner & lunch. It was not nearly as good this week. The antipasto plate was good but strange to have Brie on an italian plate. The Brochette was good and enjoyed what I think was a little Anise chopped with the Basil. Two Panini Sandwiches ordered and both were NOT impressed. It was not what we consider a Panini...it was a halved sandwich on a cool puffy bun.,not a hamburger bun but tasted like one sitting lonely on the plate..not a piece of garnish. My husband had the clam linguine and there was nothing outstanding about it. He said it was not as good as he remembered. The other person had a Chix Caesar Salad and said it was fine. WHAT HAPPENED??? The service was delightful and the atmosphere as well.Special Features:
- Great service & good ItalianORRNVIPDined on 8/11/2013Great service & good Italian food. Busy atmosphere but service never wavered. Had a fun evening & enjoyed our menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little neighborhood place.LocalGourmandDined on 8/4/2013Tried this place on a whim and we were happy we did. The service was perfect, attentive but not at all intrusive, portion sizes were a bit large, but not over the top, and the food was respectable. The outdoor seating area is quaint with ample room provided. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2013It's been a while since the last time we were here. It seems to have gotten a lot more crowded and the staff more stressed, even on a Thursday night. We enjoyed the beet salad, though more for the novelty than the flavor. My wife really liked her pasta and clams. My veal Marsala was good, but there was not a lot of Marsala flavor. The tiramisu we shared for dessert was wonderful. I enjoyed the wine, especially the Hess Cabernet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian DelightKailuaDinerDined on 7/24/2013As usual, the food was very good. The salads were fresh and creative and the deserts fantastic. Portions for the entrees were average, but still satisfying to most diners. Wine and cocktail prices were a little high, based on the type of restaurant and level of amenities/service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.