Baci Bistro and Bar
500 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Baci Bistro and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacibistroandbar.com/
- Phone: 9256000600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm, Saturday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, Sunday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Hughes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Baci’s specializes in catering! We specialize in drop off and full service catering. Please contact us to discuss your catering theme and we will be happy to plan your event. We require a minimum order of $100 for catering. Catering prices mostly based on entree size portions. Pricing will be lower in many cases if ordering is made in the form of platters and chaffers. For example, our pasta and salads are priced as entrees. We can cut both prices per person if you order on platters and chaffers because each plated food portion would be less than ordering Ala carte.
- Private Party Facilities: Please visit our website to review the elegant Historical Main Street indoor dining and curb appeal. We cater select exclusive events giving your party the full service restaurant exclusively to yourselves. We plan out every detail in advance and can arrange our dining room to any theme you desire. Live bands can be added. Perfect for Corporate Parties, entertaining clients, Holliday Parties, and Wedding Rehearsal Dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Hughes 9259845452
- Entertainment: Entertainment can be arranged with parties renting the restaurant.
A word from Baci Bistro and Bar
Baci (Kiss in Italian) is an exquisite Italian, Steak and Seafood jewel nestled in the heart of Historic Main Street Pleasanton. Baci is a special place where people come to enjoy great food in a classy causal setting. With an ambiance that is warm and exciting. If it is catering, dining, take out or delivery, our team of dedicated professionals are eager to serve you. We accept reservations of parties of five or more through Open Table and parties of four are less are welcome walk-ins. Please feel free to call us on approximate seating time wait if any for parties of four or less. 925-600-0600.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baci Bistro and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (33)special occasion (28)romantic (24)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (12)good for groups (9)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Anniversary Dinner SpendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Sarah was perfect, friendly, effective and engaging. Food was as usual, delicious, served promptly and hot. Drinks perfect loved my Old Fashion. Overall a perfect evening. My wife loved everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martinis GaloreShariVIPDined on 8/15/2014They have the best fancy mixed drinks of any restaurant we've been to in the East Bay. The sea bass is also delicious!Special Features:
- Great Place!MAcbDined on 8/9/2014It was our first time here. Our friends brought us who had been here on numerous occasions. We had the calamari, ciopino, rib eye steak and cheesecake and it was all fabulous. And my husband is very picky when it comes to his cioppino. The cheesecake was so smooth. The best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!BikerDined on 8/1/2014Excellent food & wine list. Very nice place 4 stars easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outGneBeanDined on 7/25/2014We had a rare kid free night out and picked this from Yelp reviews. Food and service great. The only downside was the noise inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food and Service!CarolLDined on 7/20/2014We were cebrating a 71st birthday! We had 6 adults and 2 children in our party. We had a split between pasta dishes and sandwiches. Everyone enjoyed their lunch and will return! The service was great. Loved the small room atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freshfoodloverDined on 7/8/2014Friend and I both had the Berry Salad, with the same conclusion - Delicious! And the berries are varied and plenty of them in the colorful salad! Dressing was light, not overpowering; hot fresh bread was scrumptious, and I typically pass on that! Service was attentive in a discreet way - they kept our water glasses filled with the fruited water! Dessert menu was unique altho we didn't have any; it all sounded decadent, especially the limoncello and triple chocolate mousse!Special Features:
- AmbrosiaEnthusialuvfoodDined on 7/6/2014I had the lobster ravoli with the huge shrimp. Oh it was wonderful at dinner and even better for lunch the next day. The crab cakes was so tasty on a perfect bed of cole slaw. The wine list was great although the orginal wine requested was the wrong year but once we decided on another bottle it was very good. Andrea, our waitress was nice and attentive. It was a wonderful first date place and I want to go back and share more of the food.Special Features:
- KimberleeDined on 6/30/2014This is my second visit to Baci. Every time is a fabulous time with great food, wine and service. Only wish they served Coca-Cola products.Special Features:
- A terrific dining experience!SunolaVIPDined on 6/24/2014We enjoyed a lovely dinner a Baci. Service was attentive, but not hovering. Lots of menu choices, from entree salads to pasta dishes to fish to great steaks. There was something special for each of us. Avalon, the manager, made sure all was going well throughout the evening. Can't wait to get back to Baci!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb1valleygirlDined on 6/20/2014We started at the bar with friends. Then ate our meal outside. Very comfortable bench seats! Loved my salad to start and had scallops for the entree. Everyone's dinner was excellent!Special Features:
- Not really ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/31/2014This was so disappointing. The menu and food are only quasi Italian. Who ever heard of mango salsa on risotto? There was little flavor in the food and presentation was poor. Despite the fact that the restaurant was only one quarter full, we did not have attentive service. Starters were not cleared before entrees arrived. There were five of us and entrees did not arrive T the sMe time, a pet peeve of mine. I would never go back.
- diningoutDined on 5/30/2014We enjoyed the special that you can order before 6:00 pm. The food was very good. Our server was also very good and attentive. As the restaurant filled up with people, it became so loud we could not hear ourselves talk. That was the only negative issue with this restaurant.Special Features:
- disappointedrehomeDined on 5/25/2014"Creamy" tomato sauce was heavy and sticky. Shrimp scampi was over cooked. Service was good and wine list excellent.Special Features:
- Perfect for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2014I met my daughter here while traveling and thoroughly enjoyed this neighborhood restaurant. Good food, ample portions and wonderful service makes this a delightful place to dine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Great food, good service, the noisiest place I have ever been!Special Features:
- Dining w Friends2dinornotDined on 5/24/2014Excellent food, wine, service...seating a little tight and overall somewhat noisy but the food and service make these a minor distraction. Despite being busy, didn't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably noisyLovetoeatDined on 5/21/2014This was our first time at Baci Bistro. It was recommended for lunch by friends. We went for dinner. We were early and it was pleasant but there were several tables of 6 and 8 which came and everyone was talking at the top of their voices and our party of three had to shout at each other to be heard. Unbelievably loud. Service was just ok. We all had the calamari and rack of lamb which was slightly overcooked but ok.
- Perfect DinnerRichardVIPDined on 5/17/2014Great dinner second time we were there. The sea bass and halibut are excellent the salmon was to excellent as well. Our waiter was very helpful, friendly, attentive. We were celebrating a b-day it was a perfect night at a perfect restaurant. Would highly recommend Baci bistro and Bar we will be back.Special Features:
- Dinner!lg1enjoysfoodDined on 5/15/2014I really enjoyed my dinner. The menu has a wide variety of seasonal foods. My friend and I ordered the Blackened Sea Bass and Salmon stuffed with crab - both were delicious. The warm brussel sprout salad was wonderful! Our waiter was attentive and very helpful. I look forward to returning for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it use to bePtowndinningDined on 5/11/2014Been going to Baci's for years. Had dinner with friends several months ago and all we're not pleased with the food. Figured we try again since everyone is entitled to an off day. Sorry to say the food was not any better. Service was amazing....most likely won't return for dinner.
- yummDined on 5/11/2014Had mothers day lunch. Crab cake with hollandaise, poached egg, potatoes --- awesome!Special Features:
- The following 126 reviews are from the Baci Bistro and Bar reviews archive.
- Nice Place for a Sunday LunchTwinoaksDined on 4/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our Easter lunch at the Baci Bistro. Their clams and linguini and their prawn and pasta dishes were very nicely prepared, nice presentation, and tasty, and for us, ample servings. Our server was especially attentive and anxious to please. We certainly will go back again.Special Features:
- Great spot for a nice dinner!Coach94566Dined on 4/12/2014My wife and I recently went to Baci Bistro and Bar for an anniversary dinner. We've often eat in downtown Pleasanton, but had never made it into this restaurant. It's supposed to be a "romantic" place, so I guess we were reserving it for a night when we didn't have the kids with us. The food was good, the service was fine, and I'd say we'll definitely be back. The only negative, if you can call it one, was that I didn't find it romantic in the least. It's not a large place and they've squeezed in the maximum number of tables (smart from a business standpoint!), so the result is a fairly cramped and noisy place. Next time we'll just bring the kids!Special Features:
- too loud but good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014my son and I had to shout to be heard on an early Friday night dinner. Food was great and service prompt, but I had a headache when I left. Maybe next time we will sit outside.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014We loved our dinner at Baci's! We were there for their "early bird" dinner menu which included soup or salad, and we chose the house salad which was excellent! Also, it included the entree and dessert! I had the salmon which was a good size grilled filet with creamy asparagus risotto rice, my daughter had a chicken pasta dish and both were excellent! The dessert was tiramisu..yummy! The Early Bird is $43 for Two! Can't beat that for such wonderful food and service, will definitely go back!Special Features:
- way too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/1/2014Food was great, but we were one of only 3 tables seated and the noise level was off the charts.
- Play a song for twoHarmonyDined on 3/30/2014This is my second time at this restaurant and the food have always been good but the noise is a bit too much ...I probably would add a little more music, if there was music playing I really didn't remenber hearing it, maybe because of the noise but soft romantic instrumental music might help calm the some of those people...or maybe a sign that says PLEASE BE QUIET AND RESPECT OTHERS..... The service was good and friendly. Overall it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice But....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Have always enjoyed dining at Baci and this time was no different however the noise level is off the charts. The food and service was very good but trying to have a conversation with your table companion is out of the question.Special Features:
- Second time around was even better!NicoLiscioudVIPDined on 3/21/2014I'd just been here a few weeks ago and chose to return based on the ambiance, service and overall experience. It was a wonderful decision. This time I had salmon and it was flaky, well-seasoned and SUPERB! Patrick is a joy as a server!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood FindDIDIDined on 3/18/2014We were referred to this place by a local resident. Aside from the beet salad seemingly dry (due to preprep and sitting in the refrigerator) the pear salad, the sea bass and the veal piccata were delicious. The also serve warm bread for olive oil and balsamic dipping. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Great FoodGr82eatVIPDined on 3/17/2014I took my client there for dinner following a meeting and was pleasantly surprised by the ambiance of this restaurant. Patrick was our waiter and took very good care of us. He recommended dishes and red wine and we were pleased with our food and drink selections. We had the rack of lamb and chicken dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baci is an excellant restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2014I have been there at least three times over the last two months. It is close by and the food and service is great. Twice we have had a party over 12 and the have been very accommodating even at 7:30 on a sunday night. We will return often. We had guests from ireland over the weeken and they loved it.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDoctorDined on 3/11/2014Went to Baci Bistro for dinner and it was a very enjoyable evening. The food was excellent and the service was even better. I'll be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceGregDined on 3/8/2014Our waiter Patrick as always was outstanding. We know Patrick from coaching our son in high school. Food was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Good ServiceJimmyODined on 3/7/2014My wife and I went on a Friday evening spur of the moment decision. We were able to get a reservation. When we arrived, the table was ready. The food was good and our server did a great job of being available, but not interrupting dinner. It was louder than I like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is ok to eat here once.LeungVIPDined on 3/2/2014I do not like the bread. The soup is just OK. The steamed mussels are tasteless. I like the sea bass the most. I like my window seat too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food table issueSanRamonDaveDined on 3/1/2014We arrived right on time and gave our name, then we were told we already were seated. It turns out that someone looked at the screen and took our reservation. I gladly showed my email confirmation from Open Table and they agreed what happened but chose to make us wait twenty plus minutes for a table. The food was excellent and the drinks were made well, not too strong or too weak. The only issue was getting our food, it took forever, our waiter kept coming bye to apologize which was appreciated but I would rather have had better service from the kitchen. And yes I would try them again, the food was that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Excellent ServiceDaveDined on 2/28/2014Really enjoyed the food, everything was delicious. The portions are generous. The service is prompt, courteous, and frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pomegranate Martinis and Mahi Mahi!amcgirl1VIPDined on 2/28/2014I normally have the Pomegranate Martinis, which is a unique recipe created by Avalon (thank you Avalon!!!), and this time was no different - they were as yummy as ever!! My friend and I had the Mahi Mahi, which was blackened and perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection! It came with risotto, which was also very delicious - yum! The service is always good - just the right amount of attention. Love it there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.