Baci Bistro and Bar
500 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Baci Bistro and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacibistroandbar.com/
- Phone: 9256000600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm, Saturday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, Sunday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Hughes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Baci’s specializes in catering! We specialize in drop off and full service catering. Please contact us to discuss your catering theme and we will be happy to plan your event. We require a minimum order of $100 for catering. Catering prices mostly based on entree size portions. Pricing will be lower in many cases if ordering is made in the form of platters and chaffers. For example, our pasta and salads are priced as entrees. We can cut both prices per person if you order on platters and chaffers because each plated food portion would be less than ordering Ala carte.
- Private Party Facilities: Please visit our website to review the elegant Historical Main Street indoor dining and curb appeal. We cater select exclusive events giving your party the full service restaurant exclusively to yourselves. We plan out every detail in advance and can arrange our dining room to any theme you desire. Live bands can be added. Perfect for Corporate Parties, entertaining clients, Holliday Parties, and Wedding Rehearsal Dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Hughes 9259845452
- Entertainment: Entertainment can be arranged with parties renting the restaurant.
A word from Baci Bistro and Bar
Baci (Kiss in Italian) is an exquisite Italian, Steak and Seafood jewel nestled in the heart of Historic Main Street Pleasanton. Baci is a special place where people come to enjoy great food in a classy causal setting. With an ambiance that is warm and exciting. If it is catering, dining, take out or delivery, our team of dedicated professionals are eager to serve you. We accept reservations of parties of five or more through Open Table and parties of four are less are welcome walk-ins. Please feel free to call us on approximate seating time wait if any for parties of four or less. 925-600-0600.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baci Bistro and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)great for outdoor dining (35)special occasion (32)romantic (28)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (24)notable wine list (14)good for groups (11)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- A favorite spot!SunolaVIPDined on 9/17/2014We're never disappointed here. Whether it's lunch or dinner, the menu selections are varied, with something for every taste. Avalon, the manager, makes sure you're having a great dining experience. The bar is small, but lively, and the restaurant has a nice intimacy without being dull. Love the food, especially the linguini and clams.Special Features:
- Bad Food PreparationDisappointingDined on 9/12/2014The impression my wife and i got on our first dining experience at Baci is that the cook can't. The Caesar salad ($1 extra for anchovy with tomatoes) consisted of anchovy fillets laid atop the Romaine and no tomatoes. Anchovy in a traditional Caesar are infused into dressing and tomatoes don't belong on a Caeser anyway. My wife's seared ahi tuna was actually closer to sashimi. Seared ahi should be served the moment it comes off the pan but was served cold. it had obviously sat awhile. The waiter suggested that my be cooked medium rare but it was served medium (virtually no pink) and dry. It also was not served hot. Very disappointing and we won't return.Special Features:
- Cioppino!SFFoodieDined on 9/6/2014This is our new favorite restaurant! I took my husband so he could try their cioppino. He absolutely loved it. They do not skimp on the seafood...and it was bubbling hot and delicious. I had the sea bass special with kale and asparagus. it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JodiDined on 9/6/2014Place is romantic and service was good. but pricey for just okay food.Special Features:
- To expensive!GinaPDined on 9/6/2014The food was good, but nothing to sing about. The prices were a little over the top. I have eaten plenty of times in Manhattan, and I think Pleasanton thinks they are in that circle. No way! They need to reduce there prices and also the service was not great, they where just to busy. Social affair!Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/6/2014We just love the food at Baci, but unfortunately the service is slow and not attentive. We keep giving it one more try to see if it gets better, but it has not.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantFABULOUSVIPDined on 9/2/2014Just a wonderful place to dine. I was with three other women and we ate early. The waitstaff was very patient and not trying to rush us through the meal. Would definitely revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulalexloveswineVIPDined on 9/1/2014We had a superb time at Baci. They were very thoughtful, and everything was just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionSFFoodieDined on 8/27/2014Everything about our dining experience was perfect. We had a group of ten for dinner and the staff did not miss a beat. The food was excellent and the ambiance made us feel like we were sharing a meal at someone's home. The waiter was very attentive to our needs, but not intrusive. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent As Always!BergDined on 8/26/2014Had a wonderful time! We will definately be back! Salmon is out of this world delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was realy greatSunnyDined on 8/26/2014I took my son and his lovely wife out for my sons Birthday dinner. It was delicious. We enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolVIPDined on 8/25/2014I had the Cob salad and my friend had the Club sandwich. The salad was delicious and the portions was the perfect amount. The sandwich was huge but also delicious.Special Features:
- Baci Bistro always is fantastic!SusanBDined on 8/23/2014Downtown Pleasanton is so lucky to have this restaurant! Avalon, the manager makes you feel special, the food is superb, the staff gives great service and the bartenders make yummy drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food, eh on the restJohnnyDined on 8/23/2014So this is my second time at this restaurant, the first being a year ago. The first time I went, everything was perfect, from my caesar salad to my chicken parm. This time around I decided to get the same salad and the 16 oz rib-eye. The salad was oddly warm for some reason, but tasted really good still. The steak was ordered rare and was overdone, but still seasoned well.Special Features:
- So SoNilesDogLoverDined on 8/21/2014Our rating tells it all - the food was ok. The service was slow, poor, humorless. The ambience is poor because it is so noisy and not particularly clean. Good thing our company was fabulous!
- Girlfriends LunchlunchoutladyDined on 8/19/2014Service was very slow and our waiter seemed to be rushing around but absent from our table. Other wait staff we saw come and go but he was absent for a long time. To his credit, he managed to maintain a friendly, pleasant demeanor. I ordered the large Caesar with shrimp for an extra charge that got me three shrimp on the side of a small salad. Definitely not worth the price, in my opinion. One friend had pasta and enjoyed it. Another ordered the steak sandwich which she said was delicious and it was huge. She took more than half home, partly because of the size and partly because of slow service as she had to leave. I felt my lunch was overpriced. Next time my friends come to town, we will meet at a different place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and valuepickyeaterDined on 8/19/2014Neighborhood gem with varied menu, great cocktails and attentive service. Food was all good no matter of he choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner SpendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Sarah was perfect, friendly, effective and engaging. Food was as usual, delicious, served promptly and hot. Drinks perfect loved my Old Fashion. Overall a perfect evening. My wife loved everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Wonderful waitress and food was very good. Lunch was 2.5 hours and we were not rushed in any way. Will be backSpecial Features:
- Martinis GaloreShariVIPDined on 8/15/2014They have the best fancy mixed drinks of any restaurant we've been to in the East Bay. The sea bass is also delicious!Special Features:
- Great Place!MAcbDined on 8/9/2014It was our first time here. Our friends brought us who had been here on numerous occasions. We had the calamari, ciopino, rib eye steak and cheesecake and it was all fabulous. And my husband is very picky when it comes to his cioppino. The cheesecake was so smooth. The best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!BikerDined on 8/1/2014Excellent food & wine list. Very nice place 4 stars easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outGneBeanDined on 7/25/2014We had a rare kid free night out and picked this from Yelp reviews. Food and service great. The only downside was the noise inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food and Service!CarolLDined on 7/20/2014We were cebrating a 71st birthday! We had 6 adults and 2 children in our party. We had a split between pasta dishes and sandwiches. Everyone enjoyed their lunch and will return! The service was great. Loved the small room atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freshfoodloverDined on 7/8/2014Friend and I both had the Berry Salad, with the same conclusion - Delicious! And the berries are varied and plenty of them in the colorful salad! Dressing was light, not overpowering; hot fresh bread was scrumptious, and I typically pass on that! Service was attentive in a discreet way - they kept our water glasses filled with the fruited water! Dessert menu was unique altho we didn't have any; it all sounded decadent, especially the limoncello and triple chocolate mousse!Special Features:
- AmbrosiaEnthusialuvfoodDined on 7/6/2014I had the lobster ravoli with the huge shrimp. Oh it was wonderful at dinner and even better for lunch the next day. The crab cakes was so tasty on a perfect bed of cole slaw. The wine list was great although the orginal wine requested was the wrong year but once we decided on another bottle it was very good. Andrea, our waitress was nice and attentive. It was a wonderful first date place and I want to go back and share more of the food.Special Features:
- KimberleeDined on 6/30/2014This is my second visit to Baci. Every time is a fabulous time with great food, wine and service. Only wish they served Coca-Cola products.Special Features:
- A terrific dining experience!SunolaVIPDined on 6/24/2014We enjoyed a lovely dinner a Baci. Service was attentive, but not hovering. Lots of menu choices, from entree salads to pasta dishes to fish to great steaks. There was something special for each of us. Avalon, the manager, made sure all was going well throughout the evening. Can't wait to get back to Baci!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb1valleygirlDined on 6/20/2014We started at the bar with friends. Then ate our meal outside. Very comfortable bench seats! Loved my salad to start and had scallops for the entree. Everyone's dinner was excellent!Special Features:
- Not really ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/31/2014This was so disappointing. The menu and food are only quasi Italian. Who ever heard of mango salsa on risotto? There was little flavor in the food and presentation was poor. Despite the fact that the restaurant was only one quarter full, we did not have attentive service. Starters were not cleared before entrees arrived. There were five of us and entrees did not arrive T the sMe time, a pet peeve of mine. I would never go back.
- diningoutDined on 5/30/2014We enjoyed the special that you can order before 6:00 pm. The food was very good. Our server was also very good and attentive. As the restaurant filled up with people, it became so loud we could not hear ourselves talk. That was the only negative issue with this restaurant.Special Features:
- disappointedrehomeDined on 5/25/2014"Creamy" tomato sauce was heavy and sticky. Shrimp scampi was over cooked. Service was good and wine list excellent.Special Features:
- Perfect for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2014I met my daughter here while traveling and thoroughly enjoyed this neighborhood restaurant. Good food, ample portions and wonderful service makes this a delightful place to dine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Great food, good service, the noisiest place I have ever been!Special Features:
- Dining w Friends2dinornotDined on 5/24/2014Excellent food, wine, service...seating a little tight and overall somewhat noisy but the food and service make these a minor distraction. Despite being busy, didn't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 131 reviews are from the Baci Bistro and Bar reviews archive.
- Unbelievably noisyLovetoeatDined on 5/21/2014This was our first time at Baci Bistro. It was recommended for lunch by friends. We went for dinner. We were early and it was pleasant but there were several tables of 6 and 8 which came and everyone was talking at the top of their voices and our party of three had to shout at each other to be heard. Unbelievably loud. Service was just ok. We all had the calamari and rack of lamb which was slightly overcooked but ok.
- Perfect DinnerRichardVIPDined on 5/17/2014Great dinner second time we were there. The sea bass and halibut are excellent the salmon was to excellent as well. Our waiter was very helpful, friendly, attentive. We were celebrating a b-day it was a perfect night at a perfect restaurant. Would highly recommend Baci bistro and Bar we will be back.Special Features:
- Dinner!lg1enjoysfoodDined on 5/15/2014I really enjoyed my dinner. The menu has a wide variety of seasonal foods. My friend and I ordered the Blackened Sea Bass and Salmon stuffed with crab - both were delicious. The warm brussel sprout salad was wonderful! Our waiter was attentive and very helpful. I look forward to returning for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it use to bePtowndinningDined on 5/11/2014Been going to Baci's for years. Had dinner with friends several months ago and all we're not pleased with the food. Figured we try again since everyone is entitled to an off day. Sorry to say the food was not any better. Service was amazing....most likely won't return for dinner.
- yummDined on 5/11/2014Had mothers day lunch. Crab cake with hollandaise, poached egg, potatoes --- awesome!Special Features: