Baci Bistro and Bar
500 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Baci Bistro and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacibistroandbar.com/
- Phone: (925) 600-0600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm, Saturday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, Sunday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Hughes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Baci’s specializes in catering! We specialize in drop off and full service catering. Please contact us to discuss your catering theme and we will be happy to plan your event. We require a minimum order of $100 for catering. Catering prices mostly based on entree size portions. Pricing will be lower in many cases if ordering is made in the form of platters and chaffers. For example, our pasta and salads are priced as entrees. We can cut both prices per person if you order on platters and chaffers because each plated food portion would be less than ordering Ala carte.
- Private Party Facilities: Please visit our website to review the elegant Historical Main Street indoor dining and curb appeal. We cater select exclusive events giving your party the full service restaurant exclusively to yourselves. We plan out every detail in advance and can arrange our dining room to any theme you desire. Live bands can be added. Perfect for Corporate Parties, entertaining clients, Holliday Parties, and Wedding Rehearsal Dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Hughes 9259845452
- Entertainment: Entertainment can be arranged with parties renting the restaurant.
A word from Baci Bistro and Bar
Baci (Kiss in Italian) is an exquisite Italian, Steak and Seafood jewel nestled in the heart of Historic Main Street Pleasanton. Baci is a special place where people come to enjoy great food in a classy causal setting. With an ambiance that is warm and exciting. If it is catering, dining, take out or delivery, our team of dedicated professionals are eager to serve you. We accept reservations of parties of five or more through Open Table and parties of four are less are welcome walk-ins. Please feel free to call us on approximate seating time wait if any for parties of four or less. 925-600-0600.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baci Bistro and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (30)romantic (25)special occasion (25)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (16)good for groups (9)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fun foodie spot even during the weekMeddyVIPDined on 11/18/2014Fun foodie spot for dinner during the week, not just on the weekends. Superior service, attentive without being overbearing. Will be heading back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't wait, goDavidVIPDined on 11/18/2014The group of three of us sat outside under the heat lamps. Service was wonderful and the food was great. Before being seated we had a drink at the bar and the interior of the restaurant was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014Great atmosphere and wonderful meal, will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnieDined on 11/9/2014Noise level needs to be controlled better. When you can't hear the waitress, it's too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find....k2alanVIPDined on 11/5/2014The night before I saw this quaint little restaurant on the way to dinner in downtown Pleasanton. Jumped on OpenTable and made a resi for the following night. Great little bar, quiet, and delicious food. The lobster ravioli with prawns was EXCELLENT!!!Special Features:
- Great servicedizzyoneDined on 11/1/2014Chose this restaurant based on its reviews and location. We were seated and greeted promptly and were offered drinks and starters while we waited for one of our party. Good Greek salads topped with chicken and one with salmon-- all very fresh. The noise level was fine (restaurant was half full for weekend lunch) but may be loud when full and with people at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat outsideAlongthewayDined on 10/30/2014This is one of our favorite places, but only because sitting outside is an option. The noise level inside is literally unbearable and we used to get so frustrated. Now we will only eat here if we can sit outside, which is what we did this time and why I'm am giving it so many stars. We really feel sorry for the wait staff who have to spend long periods of time subjected to the painful noise. The last time we ate inside, the table next to us left. The servers tell us the customers constantly complain to them. I can't imagine why the owners don't do something about it. It seems relatively easy to fix.Special Features:
- A regular spot for lunch or dinnerdsquareDined on 10/25/2014I've been going to Baci's for over a year and I've always enjoyed the food. I would normally give at least 4 stars for the food but, on my last visit, the food just didn't hit the mark. I had the clam linguini; plenty of clams but the dish just wasn't didn't hit the mark. I don't have a specific criticism. The calamari appetizer was very good (as usual) and the service outstanding.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceFoodie1983Dined on 10/18/2014We had horrible service. Our waitress did not tend to our needs nor offer a different appetizer when the one I ordered didn't come with the coreevt sauce I asked for. She said it came with both tarter And cocktail. Upon delivery it had tarter, she put down and walked away too fast. Didn't return for 10 min and my husband was done with his. I asked for the cocktail sauce she returned 5 min later with a sorry we don't have any. No offer of another appetizer. Nothing. Horrible customer service if you ask me. Not very friendly or lively. Long time customer will not be returning. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Lively dinner spot2cannoliloversVIPDined on 10/17/2014This is a small restaurant on Main St. in Pleasanton. It is very lively and extremely noisy but the food is tasty and well prepared. In addition to the regular menu, the restaurant has a special 3 course pre-6PM dinner with several main choices. They also have a special dinner for after 6PM. The servers were very attentive and helpful. They have outside seating which may help if you want to have some conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotCharGDined on 10/15/2014The food is always good. They have an excellent value in a prefix menu as well. Great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Pleasanton87Dined on 10/3/2014We've been to Baci Bistro and Bar many times - it's one of our favorite restaurants in downtown Pleasanton. We had some friends visiting from San Diego so we brought them there and they loved it as well! Always great service and really great food!! I have and will continue to recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We had 4 old school cocktails they where mixed perfection. 2 persons had lobster pasta and it was rich and tasty. 2 people had the sword fish special and it was beautifully prepared. Oh! And the crab cakes are a must!!! Full of crab ,lightly spiced amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014At least on a Saturday night, this restaurant needs to figure out whether it wants to be a eating establishment or a very noisy bar. During our visit the noise level was approaching painful. Too many tables, too closely packed together, exasperated by the bar scene. On the service side it was evident that the wait staff was overwhelmed and couldn't do a good job. Our salad was not good, the calamari was cool and greasy. The entree was just okay, however by the time that arrived we were aggravated so much by the noise and the service that maybe we weren't able to give it a fair shake!
- Pleasanton FavoriteDaveRDined on 9/26/2014This is our go to place to dine in Pleasanton. We enjoy the food and excellent service. Bartenders are great. You can sit outside or in and enjoy a great meal.Special Features:
- Needs RevampingFooder19Dined on 9/25/2014This restaurant really needs to add another bathroom. They only have one and when I went to use it, one of the workers(a man) came out. The toilet wasn't flushed, pee all over the floor, no toilet paper, and every woman's pet peeve - the toilet seat left up. For an expensive restaurant - this is unacceptable. The service was slow and but the restaurant wasn't even full. I had the filet mignon which was over cooked with the kale which wasn't cooked at all. The steak was flavorful but it tasted a little charred on the outside. They also have this tacky music that was booming away in the corner of the restaurant. I don't think I'll be going back to soon. Barone's has nicer ambiance, better service etc.. same price point.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerSteveDined on 9/24/2014We took a good friend to dinner for his birthday to Baci, we had a great time, food was good, server was very attentive.Special Features:
- Baci is a favoritedeedeeDined on 9/23/2014We often choose Baci for a nice dinner out in down town Pleasanton. We have never had a bad meal there. The service has been excellent. Jose is an exceptional waiter.The atmosphere is elegant/casual and it is quiet but vibrant. We have often taken guests there and all agree it makes for a delightful evening. We often enjoy the early bird offer before 6pm. It is an amazing deal for remarkable food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite spot!SunolaVIPDined on 9/17/2014We're never disappointed here. Whether it's lunch or dinner, the menu selections are varied, with something for every taste. Avalon, the manager, makes sure you're having a great dining experience. The bar is small, but lively, and the restaurant has a nice intimacy without being dull. Love the food, especially the linguini and clams.Special Features:
- Bad Food PreparationDisappointingDined on 9/12/2014The impression my wife and i got on our first dining experience at Baci is that the cook can't. The Caesar salad ($1 extra for anchovy with tomatoes) consisted of anchovy fillets laid atop the Romaine and no tomatoes. Anchovy in a traditional Caesar are infused into dressing and tomatoes don't belong on a Caeser anyway. My wife's seared ahi tuna was actually closer to sashimi. Seared ahi should be served the moment it comes off the pan but was served cold. it had obviously sat awhile. The waiter suggested that my be cooked medium rare but it was served medium (virtually no pink) and dry. It also was not served hot. Very disappointing and we won't return.Special Features:
- Cioppino!SFFoodieDined on 9/6/2014This is our new favorite restaurant! I took my husband so he could try their cioppino. He absolutely loved it. They do not skimp on the seafood...and it was bubbling hot and delicious. I had the sea bass special with kale and asparagus. it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JodiDined on 9/6/2014Place is romantic and service was good. but pricey for just okay food.Special Features:
- To expensive!GinaPDined on 9/6/2014The food was good, but nothing to sing about. The prices were a little over the top. I have eaten plenty of times in Manhattan, and I think Pleasanton thinks they are in that circle. No way! They need to reduce there prices and also the service was not great, they where just to busy. Social affair!Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/6/2014We just love the food at Baci, but unfortunately the service is slow and not attentive. We keep giving it one more try to see if it gets better, but it has not.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantFABULOUSVIPDined on 9/2/2014Just a wonderful place to dine. I was with three other women and we ate early. The waitstaff was very patient and not trying to rush us through the meal. Would definitely revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulalexloveswineVIPDined on 9/1/2014We had a superb time at Baci. They were very thoughtful, and everything was just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionSFFoodieDined on 8/27/2014Everything about our dining experience was perfect. We had a group of ten for dinner and the staff did not miss a beat. The food was excellent and the ambiance made us feel like we were sharing a meal at someone's home. The waiter was very attentive to our needs, but not intrusive. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent As Always!BergDined on 8/26/2014Had a wonderful time! We will definately be back! Salmon is out of this world delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was realy greatSunnyDined on 8/26/2014I took my son and his lovely wife out for my sons Birthday dinner. It was delicious. We enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolVIPDined on 8/25/2014I had the Cob salad and my friend had the Club sandwich. The salad was delicious and the portions was the perfect amount. The sandwich was huge but also delicious.Special Features:
- Baci Bistro always is fantastic!SusanBDined on 8/23/2014Downtown Pleasanton is so lucky to have this restaurant! Avalon, the manager makes you feel special, the food is superb, the staff gives great service and the bartenders make yummy drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food, eh on the restJohnnyDined on 8/23/2014So this is my second time at this restaurant, the first being a year ago. The first time I went, everything was perfect, from my caesar salad to my chicken parm. This time around I decided to get the same salad and the 16 oz rib-eye. The salad was oddly warm for some reason, but tasted really good still. The steak was ordered rare and was overdone, but still seasoned well.Special Features:
- So SoNilesDogLoverDined on 8/21/2014Our rating tells it all - the food was ok. The service was slow, poor, humorless. The ambience is poor because it is so noisy and not particularly clean. Good thing our company was fabulous!
- Girlfriends LunchlunchoutladyDined on 8/19/2014Service was very slow and our waiter seemed to be rushing around but absent from our table. Other wait staff we saw come and go but he was absent for a long time. To his credit, he managed to maintain a friendly, pleasant demeanor. I ordered the large Caesar with shrimp for an extra charge that got me three shrimp on the side of a small salad. Definitely not worth the price, in my opinion. One friend had pasta and enjoyed it. Another ordered the steak sandwich which she said was delicious and it was huge. She took more than half home, partly because of the size and partly because of slow service as she had to leave. I felt my lunch was overpriced. Next time my friends come to town, we will meet at a different place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and valuepickyeaterDined on 8/19/2014Neighborhood gem with varied menu, great cocktails and attentive service. Food was all good no matter of he choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner SpendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Sarah was perfect, friendly, effective and engaging. Food was as usual, delicious, served promptly and hot. Drinks perfect loved my Old Fashion. Overall a perfect evening. My wife loved everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Wonderful waitress and food was very good. Lunch was 2.5 hours and we were not rushed in any way. Will be backSpecial Features:
- Martinis GaloreShariVIPDined on 8/15/2014They have the best fancy mixed drinks of any restaurant we've been to in the East Bay. The sea bass is also delicious!Special Features:
- Great Place!MAcbDined on 8/9/2014It was our first time here. Our friends brought us who had been here on numerous occasions. We had the calamari, ciopino, rib eye steak and cheesecake and it was all fabulous. And my husband is very picky when it comes to his cioppino. The cheesecake was so smooth. The best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!BikerDined on 8/1/2014Excellent food & wine list. Very nice place 4 stars easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 144 reviews are from the Baci Bistro and Bar reviews archive.