Bacco Ristorante - Michigan
29410 Northwestern Highway
Southfield, MI 48034Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bacco Ristorante - Michigan
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.baccoristorante.com/
- Phone: 2483566600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luciano Del Signore
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bacco Ristorante can cater parties in home or office up to 200 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Bacco Ristorante Can accommodate up to 70 guests in our private dining rooms for private functions.
- Private Party Contact: Alberto De Santis 2483566600
A word from Bacco Ristorante - Michigan
Bacco is a top-end modern Italian restaurant. There are more than 400 Italian wines to choose from on our wine list. Bacco Ristorante has received such awards as Top Table from Gourmet Magazine, Americas Top Restaurants from Zagat, The Award of Excellence from The Wine Spectator & Restaurant of the Year 2005 from Hour Detroit Magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bacco Ristorante - Michigan - Best Restaurants in Southfield ›
Bacco Ristorante - Michigan reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (37)romantic (27)great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (18)hot spot (9)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- RoosterdrDined on 9/4/2014Excellent dining experience! Great food, wonderful waiter and dining room staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJennMakDined on 8/22/2014The food and service was excellent. From the vallet to management you truly feel like an appreciated guest. The food is fresh, delicious and very decently priced. It's refreshing to experience good customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014We went to Bacco several years ago and thought it was outstanding. It seems that the menu is considerably different and limited. I had a brussel sprout salad that was ok and veal that was cooked nicely but uninspiring. The waitress stressed that things were fresh and "not heavy." They needed to be more heavy as the experience was bland overall. Not the Bacco that my wife and I remember.
- sallyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Sadly,although I have dined here many times the pacing of this diinner was off. It was a very special birthday. The main course arrived almost before we finished the appetizers so that we felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceK2EDDined on 8/15/2014We made a reservation through Open Table the "day of". We arrived and were seated promptly and the pampering began. We took an outdoor table which has a very different feel than the indoors. Our service was excellent, the waiter took time to explain the menu and provide suggestions on best selling items. Our meal was delicious. We loved our dining experience!Special Features:
- reviewjennyDined on 8/9/2014Our food was top notch in preparation and the fact that it was sourced locally or organic.Special Features:
- I'll definitely be back!jvannoDined on 8/7/2014My husband received a gift card from his boss and we thought it'd be a great lunch date for us after the birth of our lil one. First of all the service was great. As soon as we walked in we were greeted and seated immediately. The weather was awesome so we opted for outdoor seating. We were greeted by our waitress as soon as we sat down. Throughout the lunch our waitress checked on us often enough where it wasn't overbearing. On to the food, the calamari was great. Can't say it was way better than others I've had but it was good. I had the Fettuccine ai Frutti di Mare and my husband had Strozzapreti Norcina; BOTH delicious! Seriously both of us couldn't decide on what to order and can't wait to come back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but High Price PointOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/1/2014Let me start off by saying that I though the food at this restaurant was fantastic. Like all great Italian cuisine, the dishes appeared relatively simplistic in their composition, but you could certainly tell the quality of the ingredients through taste and presentation. Despite the quality of the food, I found nothing special about the atmosphere and decor' of the restaurant. Additionally, multiple staff had visited our table and I was not even sure who the actual waiter / waitress was. I guess at the end of the day, the quality and the price was on point, however, the overall environment and atmosphere really didn't inspire "romance" or a sense of being in Italy. I would definitely go again to try the prosciutto and melon.Special Features:
- RairoadVIPDined on 7/24/2014My Wife and I went to Bacco's to celebrate our 32nd Anniversary. When I made the reservation, I knew what she would order, as it is one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. We save it for special occasions. We were not disappointed in anything.Special Features:
- foodfreakVIPDined on 7/23/2014Another great meal and experience. We loved the beef cheek and polenta special-pure comfort. The artichoke, tomato and avocado tower is the best salad ever and the salmon is always well prepared. We also loved the quail and the tuna tartare was outstanding. Agata makes every table feel welcome and it's always like a party at Bacco thanks to this perfect combination of great food, competent and welcoming staff and wonderful wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curling sueBaccocelebrationDined on 7/22/2014We were celebrating our 42nd wedding anniversary and wanted something special. We were not disappointed. The choices on the menu were unusual and delicious. We loved the ricotta stuffed zucchini flowered. I have never seen that on a menu before. The homemade pasta was exceptional. We needed a long time to look over their extensive wine list. Our server, Sarah, took lots of time explaining menu choices and answering our questions. She was very attentive to all of our needs. It was a warm summer evening and their outdoor patio was very comfortable with the fans running. We looked over their vegetable garden as we were leaving. We will not wait for our next anniversary to return!Special Features:
- Great food/service/attn to detailsBalthazarDined on 7/21/2014Food was an interesting twist on italian. Unique, excellent not a lasagna or fettucini alfredo place. Nice use of unique fresh vegetables in the presentation and meal. Top quality ingredients.Special Features:
- rockyDined on 7/19/2014food and service outstanding. every one that dines there is treated equel would recomend. one of the best restaurants in DetroitSpecial Features:
- foodfreakVIPDined on 7/18/2014The delicious food, the welcoming atmosphere and the competent servers are all reasons why Bacco endures as the best Italian restaurant in town. The artichoke, tomato and avocado salad and the Brussels Sprout salad are winners, the pastas are delicious, the pastas and perfectly prepared, the fish, meat and chicken are creative and always excellent and the whole experience is a special occasion. Thanks to Dining Room Manager, Agata, and experienced and intuitive servers, like Marc our every need is anticipated and fulfilled and we leave with full bellies and dreams of our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will return!ChristianCollins20Dined on 7/12/2014Fantastic dinner, easy to park (valet), friendly service, AMAZING food. My wife and I are planning to return once per month!Special Features:
- Amazeballs!!GRFlavDined on 7/12/2014Best meal I've ever had. I know I will have Bacco Rack of Lamb with macarons for my last meal.Special Features:
- Great eveningSammyPDined on 7/12/2014Took my girlfriend here for her birthday. It was great. Food and service was just stellar. I really appreciate the dessert with the candle they brought her, she loved it. Overall it was a five star experience. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- won't be back anytime soon..ftmfoodVIPDined on 6/21/2014way too noisy ... too crowded .....sitting right 'on top' of people--so much so that a person couldn't hear what their dinner guest was saying but every word of the stranger to your left or right...not a good place or an intimate or romantic or special occasion--not a good spot to discuss sensitive business with a client.... so close to person on my left, I expected to get hit by her every time she started waving her arms!
- Good, but not greatCaraDined on 6/21/2014We had no privacy for conversation at all. Seated just 10 inches away from another table side-by-side, we could both hear every single word the other table said. There was no way not to - being about a foot apart. They checked out our meals, and we couldn't talk much at all. We were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and basically sat with strangers. The food is pricey for what is decent quality, but not all that unique.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerveghead24Dined on 6/20/2014Came here with my BF for our anniversary. It's a pretty restaurant but the tables are very close together. Everything is a la carte which is fine, all of the appetizers and salads are pretty expensive but we were expecting that. The food was good, but I wouldn't say it was amazing. Nice for a special occasion but I'm not sure I'd go back.Special Features:
- Very authentic Italiano!JosephineVIPDined on 6/19/2014Lovely, helpful staff! I have been to Italy & it felt like I was back. The foccacia bread is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelindaDined on 6/18/2014As always, the highlight of the dining experience at Bacco is the superb food preparation and presentation. The menu offers a multitude of excellent dishes at varied price points that make it difficult to choose just one main course. The staff is well trained and very professional. The vibe, even on a week night is fun and electric with many people enjoying themselves, no matter what the occasion. On this particular evening I was there for a business dinner and selected Bacco. Both of my companions were from Europe and were very impressed with every aspect of the restaurant and had a delightful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- She is the best server!CeceDined on 6/17/2014We have been going to Bacco for years. We always enjoy our food and our service especially when our server is Elena She is always sweet friendly and helpful. She seems like a relative and we are so comfortable with her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive, with a caveat or twoCGoshDined on 6/14/2014Service and attire were just as good, if not better, than we've ever seen anywhere. Prices are high, clientele is exclusive. A little noisy (dishes, conversation). Extensive menu, especially for desserts (dessert menu not shown online). Mid-size room, tables are a bit close, but cozy. Diner's satisfaction reigns absolutely supreme. Authentic Italian ristorante-level cuisine. Glad to see Otto's chicken (no antibiotics, no hormones, free-range) and other upscale local fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there.AmysueDined on 6/14/2014We went to Bacco to celebrate our anniversary. The positives...the wine list was amazing and the adorable girl understood our likes and picked us the perfect Amarone. The food was fantastic. I had the salmon and wanted to pick up the plate and lick it! It was so good. My hubby had the filet and it was perfect as well. Desserts were perfect. Wait staff was outstanding! The bad...big open room, loud, no privacy. Next time I would actually request the booth in the bar. Our table was so close to the table next to us that we actually had strangers dining with us. I would absolutely go back or recommend it to others, the goods out weigh the bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014Spiedini di Manzo dish the meat was overly done, did not ask how I liked my tenderloin. Would not have ordered a salad if I was told that the dish came with arugula, tomatoes and balsamic glazed lemon oil dressing. Otherwise found your restaurant to be very charming and would try another dish at my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungrykathyDined on 5/30/2014Definitely a bit pricey. However, the service, food and ambience make it a special occasion place. The management seemed to know many of the diners personally. We were a little surprised that many people seemed to be "regulars". Although we are not frequent quests there, we were given exceptional service and treated with outstanding service. For a very fine dining experience it was very friendly and welcoming. I highly recommend this restaurant! We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- OverhypedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014Expected more for a restaurant with food at its price level. Nothing horrible to mention but nothing to remember as well. At price level looking for differentiation with taste. Nice presentation on most dishes and salmon was cooked to perfection but at $43 it better be.
- The following 588 reviews are from the Bacco Ristorante - Michigan reviews archive.
- Spectacular in every way!DorilmVIPDined on 5/20/2014You could never go wrong at Bacco's. The dining experience is ALWAYS above and beyond. This team is honored to have each guest. The food is always outstanding. The service is always welcoming and to perfection. This is a very caring, healthy choice in dining. It is truly spectacular in every way...and I have extremely high expectations. They meet my expectations and I highly recommend it. I love to promote GREAT businesses that deserve it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!!LBKluvs2dineDined on 5/14/2014Lunched there and the Branzino is a must!!! Great ambience, great service. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!LauraVIPDined on 5/13/2014I always look forward to business trips to Southfield with Bacco as a highlight. I never worry that clients will be disappointed, as the food and service are always top notch. A real gem!!Special Features:
- just greatmjbpkbDined on 5/13/2014always a special place with special people never a bad mealSpecial Features:
- SteveDined on 5/9/2014Food was good, restaurant was way too noisy, and our 2-top 2 inches from a 4-top - not a nice 'feel' - our waiter Michael was fantastic - he save the evening.Special Features:
- foodfreakVIPDined on 5/2/2014Always a wonderful experience. The food is delicious-don't miss the tomato, artichoke and avocado or chopped salad. The fish preparations are the best, the pastas, amazing. You can't go wrong. We loved the salmon and the stuffed quail. The wines are wonderful with many reasonable choices. The waitstaff is the best--Marc is knowledgable, competent and he and Dining Room Manager, Agata, enhance our meal so much. This is such a friendly and welcoming place and the delicious food is icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/1/2014This place rivals the best in the country. New Italian cuisine with classics. Do not miss the calamari - it is light and crispy and rivals that served at Union Square in NYC. The remainder of the selections are outstanding. My daughter and I were visiting on a junior golf trip and dined two nights. The rabbit special on the second night was perfect. Deserts wine everything great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/1/2014There were some regulars sitting next to me that were treated far better. No one brought me bread - I had to ask for it. I had to ask for a drink menu - at the bar... The service was just not good and the food was cold. I had the Bronzino and it was a little soggy and cold. Most of the macaroons on the menu were not available. My avacado salad was delicios. For over 100 dollars a person, I expected far better service and a better main course.
- It is now "On our List"JanealayneDined on 4/26/2014At the last minute we decided to go to dinner and checked Open Table for some place new to try . Bacco is a favorite of one of my friends so we decided to give it a try. Every dish we ordered was delicious. Our waiter gave great suggestions and accommodating to a few changes we wanted to make to our order. My only complaint would be that we waited a while for our entrée. At 6:30 most tables were filled, but by 7:30 is was packed. We ended up eating way more than intended because so many items on the menu sounded so good. We even ate dessert even though we were stuffed:) Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacco RistoranteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We had a wonderful evening and the food was great.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service!MikeDined on 4/12/2014I've been to Bacco a few times now and continue to be impressed by their genuinely friendly, inviting service and phenomenal food. This is a great restaurant for a special occasion, but the prices reflect the quality. You could easily end up paying well over $100 per person if you have an appetizer, drinks, and dessert. To me, the experience was worth it. With that said, though, I do have one concern. An advertisement on their website stated that food was 35% off Saturdays from 4:00 to 5:00. My reservation this Saturday was for 4:00 and I was gone by 5:30, but I was charged full price. I had a customer with me, so I didn't want to question it, but it felt like a bait-and-switch to me. I do still like the place, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushing ExperienceDinerDined on 4/7/2014Wine list is good. Attitude of staff was bad. The restraunt closes at 10 PM they started pushing for final order at 8 30 PM. Highly unprofessional.Special Features: