Bacco Ristorante - Michigan
29410 Northwestern Highway
Southfield, MI 48034Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bacco Ristorante - Michigan
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.baccoristorante.com/
- Phone: (248) 356-6600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luciano Del Signore
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bacco Ristorante can cater parties in home or office up to 200 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Bacco Ristorante Can accommodate up to 70 guests in our private dining rooms for private functions.
- Private Party Contact: Alberto De Santis 2483566600
A word from Bacco Ristorante - Michigan
Bacco is a top-end modern Italian restaurant. There are more than 400 Italian wines to choose from on our wine list. Bacco Ristorante has received such awards as Top Table from Gourmet Magazine, Americas Top Restaurants from Zagat, The Award of Excellence from The Wine Spectator & Restaurant of the Year 2005 from Hour Detroit Magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bacco Ristorante - Michigan - Best Restaurants in Southfield ›
Bacco Ristorante - Michigan reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)fit for foodies (30)notable wine list (27)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (8)good for groups (8)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2014The food isn't the only thing outstanding at Bacco, it's the service and warmth of the entire staff. Starting with the valet who happens to be an energetic woman. Every member of the staff pitches in to create a wonderful atmosphere of family which includes the patron too. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in Detroit area but you pay for it!weebaronaVIPDined on 11/15/2014Our meal was somewhat inconsistent - my salad was boring, tomatoes and ricotta with no dressing, and my fish was cold with cold fried potatoes beneath. If it would have been just my husband and I, I would have returned it - it was not edible. The white truffle special was excellent as were the pastas and scaloppini. Service was much warmer than typical - nice change. Bill was huge - as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really NiceGfcronusDined on 11/11/2014Wife and I went for our 8th anniversary based on a recommendation from a neighbor. We were very pleased. Both the food and service were terrific and Paul, the Mixologist, will make any drink to suit your style and tastes. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent Expierence!!WadieDined on 11/1/2014I invited a dear friend to a dinner at Bacco, she was impressed, and so did I!! She spends most of her time in NYC, and she thought a place like this only exists in NYC. The staff was very welcoming, hospitable, and helpful in explaining what was on the menu. The food wine. and deserts were great, we will definitely repeat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was better in the past.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014Tables were smashed together. I felt as though I was in NYC for dinner. Great service. Great wine and great desert. Dinner was not so good. It was not bad it was just not good. Baco has been better in the past. Unfortunately I think it is slipping.
- BaccoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014As usual food was outstanding! White truffles -a special treat. Service was just ok. Sat for 35 min with no one to take our drink order. I had a hard time choosing the wine. There were no cabernets under $90/bottle on the menu. I ended up choosing a cab blend for $20/ glass. This was a big downfall to me. The wine list is extensive but I'm not willing to pay 100-400 dollars for a bottle.Special Features:
- Isn't it romantic!DetroitDiningDivaDined on 10/31/2014We enjoyed a romantic birthday celebration at Bacco. The special vegan dishes were quite tasty, and the salmon was wonderful. Our service was exceptional, with just the right amount of attentiveness.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing eveningCindyWDined on 10/25/2014Amazing food...amazing service, will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good mealLovetoeatDined on 10/24/2014We invited friends to join us for lunch at Bacco. We had not been at the restaurant for a long time and we were anxious to go back. What a disappointment! The food was over seasoned and nothing seemed fresh. The soup (cabbage and sausage) was overpowered with the pork flavor, the cannelloni had to have been frozen (center was cold) , then topped with a heavy amount of balsamic sauce. The scaloppini was dry, the cod was flavorless, and the chicken dish was way too salty. Since I am a frequent visitor to Italy, I don't think this restaurant would last long over there. Don't know what has happened. Maybe Luciano has left the building!
- not at all what we wantedSuzyDined on 10/17/2014Look elsewhere if ur planning a nice outing with girlfriends. I was extremely dissappointed in the service, food and the atmosphere. I loved the bread and that was it. The food was BLAH and the service for a high end restaurant was horrible. I will not go back and I will definately not recommend it to anyone
- staceyDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I decided to have a date night. We both enjoy good food and different resturants. Bacco's was the choice. The service is outstanding and the vegan entree's a nice tip of the hat to healthy eating. The mozzarella served with the Caprese was outstanding. My wife'sea sea bass and sweet potatoes was delicious and a different mix of tastes. She also tried the beet salad which was equally good. My fettuccine was dry, which was disappointing but all other dishes were outstanding, unique and plated perfectly. At one point we felt a bit insulted when we asked a question about the menu and the waiter replied in a condescending manner. The two miss steps dId not dampen our night out. Highly recommend but not perfect.Special Features:
- Delicious except....ChloeDined on 9/20/2014The food was exceptional. However, we were sitting in the covered porch area and the rain, which indeed was harsh, was responsible for getting my sweater wet, my chair wet, and quite truly when a couple spends $300 on dinner somebody should be responsible for keeping us dry. That was grossly overlooked as the waiter moves my wet sweater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoosterdrDined on 9/4/2014Excellent dining experience! Great food, wonderful waiter and dining room staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJennMakDined on 8/22/2014The food and service was excellent. From the vallet to management you truly feel like an appreciated guest. The food is fresh, delicious and very decently priced. It's refreshing to experience good customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014We went to Bacco several years ago and thought it was outstanding. It seems that the menu is considerably different and limited. I had a brussel sprout salad that was ok and veal that was cooked nicely but uninspiring. The waitress stressed that things were fresh and "not heavy." They needed to be more heavy as the experience was bland overall. Not the Bacco that my wife and I remember.
- sallyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Sadly,although I have dined here many times the pacing of this diinner was off. It was a very special birthday. The main course arrived almost before we finished the appetizers so that we felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceK2EDDined on 8/15/2014We made a reservation through Open Table the "day of". We arrived and were seated promptly and the pampering began. We took an outdoor table which has a very different feel than the indoors. Our service was excellent, the waiter took time to explain the menu and provide suggestions on best selling items. Our meal was delicious. We loved our dining experience!Special Features:
- reviewjennyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our food was top notch in preparation and the fact that it was sourced locally or organic.Special Features:
- I'll definitely be back!jvannoDined on 8/7/2014My husband received a gift card from his boss and we thought it'd be a great lunch date for us after the birth of our lil one. First of all the service was great. As soon as we walked in we were greeted and seated immediately. The weather was awesome so we opted for outdoor seating. We were greeted by our waitress as soon as we sat down. Throughout the lunch our waitress checked on us often enough where it wasn't overbearing. On to the food, the calamari was great. Can't say it was way better than others I've had but it was good. I had the Fettuccine ai Frutti di Mare and my husband had Strozzapreti Norcina; BOTH delicious! Seriously both of us couldn't decide on what to order and can't wait to come back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but High Price PointOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/1/2014Let me start off by saying that I though the food at this restaurant was fantastic. Like all great Italian cuisine, the dishes appeared relatively simplistic in their composition, but you could certainly tell the quality of the ingredients through taste and presentation. Despite the quality of the food, I found nothing special about the atmosphere and decor' of the restaurant. Additionally, multiple staff had visited our table and I was not even sure who the actual waiter / waitress was. I guess at the end of the day, the quality and the price was on point, however, the overall environment and atmosphere really didn't inspire "romance" or a sense of being in Italy. I would definitely go again to try the prosciutto and melon.Special Features:
- The following 610 reviews are from the Bacco Ristorante - Michigan reviews archive.
- RairoadVIPDined on 7/24/2014My Wife and I went to Bacco's to celebrate our 32nd Anniversary. When I made the reservation, I knew what she would order, as it is one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. We save it for special occasions. We were not disappointed in anything.Special Features:
- foodfreakVIPDined on 7/23/2014Another great meal and experience. We loved the beef cheek and polenta special-pure comfort. The artichoke, tomato and avocado tower is the best salad ever and the salmon is always well prepared. We also loved the quail and the tuna tartare was outstanding. Agata makes every table feel welcome and it's always like a party at Bacco thanks to this perfect combination of great food, competent and welcoming staff and wonderful wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curling sueBaccocelebrationDined on 7/22/2014We were celebrating our 42nd wedding anniversary and wanted something special. We were not disappointed. The choices on the menu were unusual and delicious. We loved the ricotta stuffed zucchini flowered. I have never seen that on a menu before. The homemade pasta was exceptional. We needed a long time to look over their extensive wine list. Our server, Sarah, took lots of time explaining menu choices and answering our questions. She was very attentive to all of our needs. It was a warm summer evening and their outdoor patio was very comfortable with the fans running. We looked over their vegetable garden as we were leaving. We will not wait for our next anniversary to return!Special Features:
- Great food/service/attn to detailsBalthazarDined on 7/21/2014Food was an interesting twist on italian. Unique, excellent not a lasagna or fettucini alfredo place. Nice use of unique fresh vegetables in the presentation and meal. Top quality ingredients.Special Features:
- rockyDined on 7/19/2014food and service outstanding. every one that dines there is treated equel would recomend. one of the best restaurants in DetroitSpecial Features:
- foodfreakVIPDined on 7/18/2014The delicious food, the welcoming atmosphere and the competent servers are all reasons why Bacco endures as the best Italian restaurant in town. The artichoke, tomato and avocado salad and the Brussels Sprout salad are winners, the pastas are delicious, the pastas and perfectly prepared, the fish, meat and chicken are creative and always excellent and the whole experience is a special occasion. Thanks to Dining Room Manager, Agata, and experienced and intuitive servers, like Marc our every need is anticipated and fulfilled and we leave with full bellies and dreams of our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will return!ChristianCollins20Dined on 7/12/2014Fantastic dinner, easy to park (valet), friendly service, AMAZING food. My wife and I are planning to return once per month!Special Features:
- Amazeballs!!GRFlavDined on 7/12/2014Best meal I've ever had. I know I will have Bacco Rack of Lamb with macarons for my last meal.Special Features:
- Great eveningSammyPDined on 7/12/2014Took my girlfriend here for her birthday. It was great. Food and service was just stellar. I really appreciate the dessert with the candle they brought her, she loved it. Overall it was a five star experience. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real TreatChrisDined on 6/30/2014Went here for a 1-year anniversary. Exceptional service and the food is outstanding. It was almost too much to take having eaten, I think, 3 different types of bread before the soups and entrees. Each one was so good, though, that it had to be done. Service was friendly and added to the upscale ambiance of the restaurant. All the food was delicious. This place remains a favorite.Special Features:
- won't be back anytime soon..ftmfoodVIPDined on 6/21/2014way too noisy ... too crowded .....sitting right 'on top' of people--so much so that a person couldn't hear what their dinner guest was saying but every word of the stranger to your left or right...not a good place or an intimate or romantic or special occasion--not a good spot to discuss sensitive business with a client.... so close to person on my left, I expected to get hit by her every time she started waving her arms!
- Good, but not greatCaraDined on 6/21/2014We had no privacy for conversation at all. Seated just 10 inches away from another table side-by-side, we could both hear every single word the other table said. There was no way not to - being about a foot apart. They checked out our meals, and we couldn't talk much at all. We were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and basically sat with strangers. The food is pricey for what is decent quality, but not all that unique.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerveghead24Dined on 6/20/2014Came here with my BF for our anniversary. It's a pretty restaurant but the tables are very close together. Everything is a la carte which is fine, all of the appetizers and salads are pretty expensive but we were expecting that. The food was good, but I wouldn't say it was amazing. Nice for a special occasion but I'm not sure I'd go back.Special Features:
- Very authentic Italiano!JosephineVIPDined on 6/19/2014Lovely, helpful staff! I have been to Italy & it felt like I was back. The foccacia bread is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelindaDined on 6/18/2014As always, the highlight of the dining experience at Bacco is the superb food preparation and presentation. The menu offers a multitude of excellent dishes at varied price points that make it difficult to choose just one main course. The staff is well trained and very professional. The vibe, even on a week night is fun and electric with many people enjoying themselves, no matter what the occasion. On this particular evening I was there for a business dinner and selected Bacco. Both of my companions were from Europe and were very impressed with every aspect of the restaurant and had a delightful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- She is the best server!CeceDined on 6/17/2014We have been going to Bacco for years. We always enjoy our food and our service especially when our server is Elena She is always sweet friendly and helpful. She seems like a relative and we are so comfortable with her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive, with a caveat or twoCGoshDined on 6/14/2014Service and attire were just as good, if not better, than we've ever seen anywhere. Prices are high, clientele is exclusive. A little noisy (dishes, conversation). Extensive menu, especially for desserts (dessert menu not shown online). Mid-size room, tables are a bit close, but cozy. Diner's satisfaction reigns absolutely supreme. Authentic Italian ristorante-level cuisine. Glad to see Otto's chicken (no antibiotics, no hormones, free-range) and other upscale local fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there.AmysueDined on 6/14/2014We went to Bacco to celebrate our anniversary. The positives...the wine list was amazing and the adorable girl understood our likes and picked us the perfect Amarone. The food was fantastic. I had the salmon and wanted to pick up the plate and lick it! It was so good. My hubby had the filet and it was perfect as well. Desserts were perfect. Wait staff was outstanding! The bad...big open room, loud, no privacy. Next time I would actually request the booth in the bar. Our table was so close to the table next to us that we actually had strangers dining with us. I would absolutely go back or recommend it to others, the goods out weigh the bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-to placeGrazieDined on 6/13/2014Server was attentive and impressively knowledgeable about wine list. Appetizers and main course were excellent. Room was very crowded the Saturday night we went, but atmosphere was overall great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014Spiedini di Manzo dish the meat was overly done, did not ask how I liked my tenderloin. Would not have ordered a salad if I was told that the dish came with arugula, tomatoes and balsamic glazed lemon oil dressing. Otherwise found your restaurant to be very charming and would try another dish at my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.