Bacco Ristorante and Pizzeria
1003 W Horsetooth Rd
Fort Collins, CO 80526Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bacco Ristorante and Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.baccoftcollins.com/
- Phone: 9702829412x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour 4pm-6pm 7 days a week
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Marco Monnani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Bacco catering is happy to serve any variety of events. From small parties to large groups. Drop off or full service catering is available. Any party up to 75 is more than welcome. Catering events are handled on a case by case basis.
- Private Party Facilities: Large back room that can seat up to 30 comfortably, not completely enclosed but great for a family or friends get together. Our bar/lounge area is separate from the main dining area and can seat 25 with standing room for up to 40.
The whole restaurant is available for private parties of 100-150.
- Private Party Contact: Hunter 9702706842x
A word from Bacco Ristorante and Pizzeria
Bacco Ristorante & Pizzeria brings authentic Italian cuisine to the Fort Collins area. Fresh made mozzarella, hand tossed pizzas & classic Italian pastas makes Bacco a must for any Italian meal. We offer a wide variety of small plates & entrees which will please the entire family. Come take a trip to Italy in your own back yard and visit Bacco Ristorante.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bacco Ristorante and Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Fort Collins ›
Bacco Ristorante and Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Not so gooddcgeniusVIPDined on 8/21/2014The ambiance was lacking, the atmosphere was pretty sterile for an Italian restaurant. I don't often send things back, but the Veal Marsala is inedible. It looked bad even before I took my 1st bite. They replaced it with Chicken Parmagiana which was much better. Fort Collins is new to us but I have to believe there is better Italian food in town.
- Arugula ovrboardLornaDined on 8/20/2014I had the arugula salad which was not so good. A huge heap of greens with a few shaves of hard cheese. Way too much arugula...no finesse. Then my carpaccio had another fistul of arugula on top so you couldn't see the beef. Really unappetizing. That night I had a tummy ache...too much arugula?Special Features:
- Good FoodTweety329Dined on 8/20/2014We went to the restaurant for dinner on a Wednesday evening after finding no availability at the restaurant we intended to go to. The restaurant is in more of a professional plaza location but don't let that scare you away. The Bread and dipping oil was fabulous. The Mozzarella in Carrozza appetizer was a different take on fried mozzarella - I thought it was just OK, my adult son really liked it. For dinner we enjoyed our entrees (1 Vitello Marsala and 2 Pollo Saltimbocca); although we did find it a bit odd that the sides for the entrees included mashed potatoes and not a pasta (it is an Italian restaurant after all). That said, the food was very good. Service was very attentive yet non-intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food; Not CrowdedJudyVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is a good restaurant on the west side of Fort Collins. The food is excellent and there is a wide variety on the menu. My only reservation is that, because of the high ceiling, I think it would be very noisy if crowded.Special Features:
- Room for improvementNOCOfoodieDined on 8/1/2014The quality of the food at Bacco in Fort Collins has declined since they first opened. I have eaten there at least 4 times now, and must say that this last visit doesn't entice me to return very soon. My salmon was fishy and over cooked, while the potatoes that were served with my salmon were cold, not at all fluffy and tasted terrible. The waitress was very nice and responded well to my dislike of the food. She demonstrated good customer service and replaced my meal with something else promptly. Also, if you are looking for ambiance, don't expect to find it here. The owners would do well to hire an interior designer to warm up the place by adding some plush curtains and some extra lighting where needed. Get rid of tacky art!
- great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014We travel to Ft. Collins for team swim meets. We found Bacco last year, as a dining place for our swimmers. They are accommodating, the food is outstanding and the prices are reasonable. We ate there three times this weekend - each meal was delicious!Special Features:
- Better than gas station pizza.GoodfoodloverDined on 7/19/2014We took my in-laws to try this place while they were visiting from a small town in TN. My Father-in-Law was the only one who liked his pizza but he usually gets his from his local gas station.
- DO NOT MISSFrankDined on 7/17/2014In a city replete with fabulous restaurants, Bacco is a new emerging star. It is a couple if blocks off of the "parking challenged" main drag and thus easily accessible. The food is amazing, imaginative and well prepared. The ambience is subdued and it is perfect for a quiet dinner for two or with friends. The service is impeccable, timely and friendly. In short, DO NOT MISS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food reviewwendy8882Dined on 7/5/2014Food was amazing. Although I was a fan of the large appetizer plate: meat only included a raw fish, I think salmon, and a shaved sausage of some kind. Other than that, it was pretty great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedClosedDined on 6/9/2014This was our first time to Bacco. I was intrigued by the positive reviews on Open Table for a restaurant not in Old Town. It is actually very good. Very decent wine selection. Quite a few menu choices and it looks like you could do a decent tasting menu/ tapas with the appetizers. The pasta we ordered was cooked well and tasted very good. Someone compared it to the Chop House, I don't think they are at that level, but they could get there with work. Very reasonably priced. The only down side to this place is the odd layout of the restaurant and the view of the parking lot and street.Special Features:
- The following 82 reviews are from the Bacco Ristorante and Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Graduation dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We had a group of 10 to go to dinner to celebrate my daughter graduating from CSU. Everybody ordered something different, and everyone enjoyed their dinner! Prices were very reasonable also!Special Features:
- A favorite dinner placeCordieDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant is dependable and veggie friendly. The mista salad is refreshing.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian FoodLisaDined on 5/11/2014We went to Bacco for Mother's Day lunch. Great menu - reminded us of our time in Italy. The selections were wide ranging and all our meals were delicious. The bread and basil/olive oil were excellent. Very good service.Special Features:
- Absolutely deliciouslivinginnightvaleDined on 5/2/2014When I arrived, I honestly didn't know what to expect, as it was my friend who had found the restaurant, I only made the reservation. Inside the waiters and waitresses were amazingly polite, and willing to help us make a decision on dinner. They let us hold onto the menus throughout our appetizers, as we were torn between choosing and even then, our waiter offered to let us hold onto it longer as a just in case. The meal I had (slow-braised short ribs with mashed potatoes and spinach) was the most delicious meal I've ever had out. I honestly don't know why they gave me a knife to cut it, it just fell apart. I'm honestly amazed at how wonderful it was. I will definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatin in midtownManapouriDined on 4/21/2014This is one of the better restaurants in Ft. Collins - and not over-priced. Excellent food and good wine selection. Good ambiance as well, although there was hardly anyone else there (Monday night) so we don't know how noisy it would be when full. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour Keeps Getting BetterHappycoupleDined on 4/5/2014The happy hour prices make trying and frequenting this restaurant a no-brainer. Good food at great prices. The mussels and brussel sprouts were great. A couple of items were under cooked and left room for improvement: the pizza and fried zucchini. Also the arugula in my beet salad was a bit wilted and had a few yellow leaves, the beets and mozzarella part were amazing though! Still a nice way to try several small plates.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We tried Baccos for the firstHendrixDined on 3/30/2014We tried Baccos for the first time and really enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four Star Italian here in Ft CollinSamanthaDined on 3/12/2014My husband and I are eat out often and are always looking for something that's the caliber of Canyon Chop House. Bacco's food and wine selections are absolutely fabulous! The quality and freshness of the ingredients, the attention to detail and the preparation and presentation are all far superior to any Italian restaurant we've tried in Colorado. The ambiance is not there as the large windows look out onto a parking lot or a busy street. It would probably help if this large expanse of glass was lightly draped. The food is truly 4-star and we will definitely return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will try againDebzzzDined on 2/28/2014Good happy hour menu, variety and prices. However food was a mixed bag. The fried eggplant was horribly undercooked and so greasy it was dripping...inedible. The Caprese was good, the shrimp was spicy but tasty. Will give it another try in case this was a fluke.
- After the gameSitich716Dined on 2/22/2014Food was excellent; flavorful and rich. Service was prompt and very good. Wine selection was reasonably priced and quite good.Special Features:
- Great Food - UnderstaffedGoSpursGoDined on 2/22/2014The food at Bacco is amazing and its at a great price!!! They were very understaffed for a Saturday night! It took 30 minutes to get our drinks!! We really should have left, but my husband was craving their lobster ravioli!! Never saw a manager either! Once they figure out the staffing...this place will be a homerun!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great WaitstaffRaeRaeDined on 2/20/2014A friendly atmosphere. The waitstaff was very helpful. Food was mediocre.Special Features:
- LunchDinerDined on 2/17/2014The menu was lovely and our server very cordial. The wait staff was overwhelmed -- need more servers. The layout of the restaurant is awkward which makes it even more difficult for the servers to keep up. They ran out of bread and weren't able to refill until our meal was over.Special Features:
- solid restaurantSpenceDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant has a nice atmosphere, friendly service, and decent food. Considering the reasonable prices and quality of food, I was not disappointed. The food is not spectacular, but didn't have to be for what this place is; a neighborhood dining option that offers nice dishes at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's prix fixeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We've eaten at Bacco several times and thought it would be a great place for a romantic Valentine's dinner. The regular menu was not available but they offered a very well priced four course prix fixe menu instead. The courses came out a little closer together but the quality was quite good. A very generous crab cake to start, arugala salad followed by entree and dessert. I prefer the normal tapas menu but for a special occasion this prix fixe was a lot of bang for the buck and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day "special"DinerDined on 2/14/2014I've been here twice now, and food is excellent. On normal nights, they have an extensive list of tapas and different sized plates of interesting, tasty food. There are also great wine selections. Their Valentine's day 4-course fixed price menu was delicious food. My husband loved the short ribs and I had excellent lobster ravioli. However, they struck out in terms of creating a romantic evening. The lights were bright, it was noisy, and the tables were more crowded together than usual. We had to place our whole order at once and they brought each course out before we had finished the previous one. It seemed obvious that the goal was to get as many tables in and out as quickly as possible. Would not go back on a "special" night again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually great. Not so on ValentinesdlcanDined on 2/14/2014The first time we dined at Bacco it was great. So we thought we'd go for Valentine's Day dinner. We were greeted nicely and seated quickly despite being about 15 minutes late. Then it went down hill. Our service was mediocre. We had to ask for our pesto dipping oil. We were informed that the only option for our 2 year old grand daughter was lobster ravioli (4 pieces for $8). No plain pasta in a Mediterranean restaurant?? Our food was brought, luke warm at best. Not the dining experience we know they are capable of. We 'll give them one more try before deciding on future visits.
- Valentines Day MassacreDudleyDined on 2/14/2014My initial hunch proved accurate, the abundance of available tables on Valentines day was a clear warning. Based on the menu I was able to view through Open Table I decided to go against my hunch. Unfortunately, there was no indication anywhere that the menu would be out the window to be replaced with a very limited Chef's selection of starters, salads and entrées for $29 per person. The starters and salads were basically the same, mostly arugula with some small, sparse additives. The entrées were literally no better than cafeteria fare. I would bet my ridiculous salary that the garlic mashers were reconstituted. It reminded me of the food I get at the ski area, extremely overpriced and devoid of any culinary merit whatsoever.
- Valentines dinnerValentineSpeedEatingDined on 2/14/2014The menu and food were very good. We felt rushed the entire time. We placed our order and within 2 minutes our apps were in front of us. Before our apps were done our 2nd course was in front of us. Same for the entree. Any time we put our forks down for a second the waiter asked if he could box up the rest. (3 times we were asked) A 4 course meal lasted 1 hour and 10 minutes from the moment we walked in untill we left. Not what we were expecting for a valentines dinner I would not recommend for special occasions and maybe not even friday or saturday nights but sunday thru thursday, you should have a very plesant evening
- Valentine's successOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I'm always a little weary about trying new restaurants, I'm afraid they will be over priced and not worth the money. I did not find that to be the case here. The special Valentines menu had good options,was reasonable priced for a special dinner out, and the wine list was extensive. We will definitely come back to try the regular menu some time.Special Features:
- It was fine, but not impressiveERevDined on 2/7/2014While the food here was acceptable, and our waiter was friendly, the overall experience I had was severely underwhelming. The atmosphere of the restaurant is typical of tacky faux Italian, and there are far too many tables crammed on to the floor for a pleasant dining experience. As far as the food, it tasted fine, but no better than something you could get at Olive Garden or even from the wholefoods deli. The one fairly positive point was our waiter who was friendly and helpful. Things were a bit slow, but I'm inclined to think they were understaffed for the number of diners. Overall, not awful by any means, but I won't be eating there again.
- BlahDisappointedDined on 2/7/2014Although the service was great the food was very mediocre. Roasted brussel sprouts appetizer was undercooked. Calamari was cooked fine but rubbery and tough. I ordered the rib eye special (med-rare) and sent it back 2 times. The first came out well done the second try was blood rare and actually cold inside. Kale was suppose to accompany the dish and it was actually spinach. However the roasted potatoes were flavorful and hot. Dessert consisted of a warm gluten-free chocolate cake which was good but we ordered vanilla gelato with it and it was gummy, unappetizing and uneatable. Aside note: the restaurant did not have our Open Table reservation in their system even though I had a confirmation number from you.
- Keeps Getting BetterboulderfoodiesVIPDined on 2/5/2014Bacco is coming on quite nicely. My wife and I ate there shortly after it opened and were not that impressed. Then I tried it alone a couple months ago and liked it. Since then, the two of us have eaten there twice. This last trip, my wife had the "thinly sliced" lamb dish, which she found a bit tough, though everything else about the meal she liked a lot. I had lasagna and it was excellent. I wouldn't call Bacco a foodie restaurant in the sense that so many other Boulder restaurants are, but it serves up good tasting Italian fare. The wine list, while not extensive, has some interesting wines on it and, what's better, they are reasonably priced. The service at Bacco is very good, with knowledgeable and attentive waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food and serviceCH32Dined on 2/1/2014Bacco has consistently good food. Smaller portions, but just right and with an appetizer very filling. Wine list is nice, specialty drinks listed are few. The server was very professional and warm. Tables are a bit too small for a party of four with plates and drinks and bread, and sitting next to the window it was a bit cold so we put on our coats. Past experience has been the climate control during cold and hot times of the year leave you somewhat cold or too hot, which may be due to the rather large space with very high ceilings that is the dining room. But the food is delicious and service always makes for a good experience. The menu changes so that you find a few new items during different times of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sort of disappointingFergusDined on 2/1/2014We were looking for a step up from chain restaurants but not quite fine dining and Bacco fits in that notch. Although the dining area was 75% empty! we had to insist on being seated out of the kitchen to dining area traffic area..The calamari starter was the best I've had in the Front Range but the rest of our orders tasted like out of a quality commercial can then over seasoned with cayenne pepper. Chocolate mousse was disappointing, like it was made the day or two before. To top it off our server messed up the dinner check (left off a bottle of wine). If we are in the Fort Collins area, we'd probably consider this as a good place to eat, hey the calamari was really good. But we wouldn't drive 25 miles for an evening out at Bacco.
- Good food, decent potentialSvitaleDined on 1/24/2014Food was good. I thought the service was a bit RUSHED! We had our appetizers very fast, which was great, but I only drank 1/2 glass of wine and we were already on to entrees! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate fast service. I just would've liked to linger a but over appetizers & salad. Also, the building is really cool, I love the ceilings and think there is so much potential! However, the tables are all out in the open with nothing between them and the lights needed to be dimmed more to create less of a "cafeteria like" atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undiscovered GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014Saw that this was several peoples 1st visit and they loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food & great serviceJCWrightVIPDined on 1/6/2014The food was amazing - loved the Bruchetta and fresh bread with the amazing dipping oil spread that they served, and the lamb was the best - so flavorful! Denzel was our server and he was wonderful with our table of 7 - very attentive and gave great service with a smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodticobriDined on 12/31/2013The food was amazing and it was decently priced allowing us to do more than just dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surpriseddlcanDined on 12/31/2013We were looking for a nice place to eat on New Year's Eve. Spotted Bacco Mediterranean on the list on Open Table. Had driven by but had never eaten there so we thought we'd try it. We were pleasantly surprised. They have an extensive Happy Hour menu that is available from 4-6 Tues-Sat. We each had a delicious glass of wine, and ordered 2 tapas, 2 entrees and 1 dessert. Our bill was less than $50! The service was superb and the food was delicious! The meal begins with yummy bread and pesto dipping sauce and the portions are good size. My husband said the Paella was on par with the Paella he had in Spain. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.