Bacco - North Wales
587 DeKalb Pike
North Wales, PA 19454Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bacco - North Wales
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.baccobacco.com/
- Phone: 2156993361
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bacco Chef
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From party trays to full service catering. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Bacco can accommodate private & semi-private parties from 15 to 250 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Frank Cipullo 2156993361
- Entertainment: Live entertainment for listening & dancing on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Bacco - North Wales
Welcome to Bacco, a Neapolitan family trattoria specializing in homemade Italian dishes and wines. The name Bacco is Italian for "Bacchus", the mythological god of "good times" who taught mortals the celebration of the grapes and living every day to the fullest. Bacchus is the essence and enjoyment of the food and fruits of the earth. The meal is the center of Italian culture. With its own wine room, martini bar, indoor garden and bocce court on the patio, Bacco is truly a cut above the rest when it comes to authentic Italian dining. A large choice of family-style dishes allows everyone to share their selections, creating fun and the warmth of dining in the manner of the Italian family table. Benvenuto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bacco - North Wales reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)great for outdoor dining (28)good for groups (24)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (17)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (12)romantic (7)scenic view (5)hot spot (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- One Bad EveningRysdesVIPDined on 8/26/2014Bacco is a decent restaurant that we go once in a while. But our recent visit was simply a flop. Clearly that evening the restaurant was under staffed and whoever cooking in the kitchen was not doing the job right. It took 30 minutes from ordering to having food put on the table. The waiter did not come to talk to us explaining the delay. We were just left sitting and waiting. The side vegetables were cold. The meat was quite salty. At the end we inquired about the situation with our waiter. I was told that it took a long time to cook the pork chop. 30 minutes to cook a piece of pork chop! Really? We were offered a free dessert by her . We chose lemon tort. When we got home and opened the box, it was a piece of cheese cake!Special Features:
- WHAT a disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014I been to Bacco many times . At my recommendation seven neighbors and myself went there. no one was at the hostess stand to greet us and direct others to our table . We went to the patio, which we requested, and no table was set up for us. We waited a considerable time until someone was located to set us up and then until the table was set up. It was a long time until drink order was taken, we had to ask for water and bread, and when our pizzas came, the crust was burned BLACK! The waiter also rolled his eyes all the time . he commented that they were short staffed. Discussed this all with manager and was told that the oven does pizza like that. REALLY? They made us new pizzas and guess what not burned
- Very Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014Loved our dinner...all 6 of us had something different.....all excellent....we loved our server....informed and professional...music group a nice addition to a lively bar.Special Features:
- Another delicious dinnerMartyWDined on 8/16/2014Spontaneous trip out to Bacco brought another delicious dinner. We ordered the Eggplant Parm, Grilled Salmon and a Chicken Marinara special to die for! Friendly staff always makes our trip here relaxing. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeyummyDined on 8/15/2014Very accommodating for my 3 year old. Foid was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out door diningworcesterfoodie1Dined on 8/15/2014while the outdoor dining area was quite beautiful it was a little noisy that day with several large tables of customers which is good on a Friday at 2:00 service was wonderful and the food as always outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with CoworkersRxJeffDined on 8/8/2014I am no stranger to Bacco, so when I invited five coworkers to dinner for a celebration, I felt fairly sure that everyone would enjoy the experience. We were seated just prior to our Open Table reservation time, starting the evening off on the right foot. The five people with me had never been to Bacco before, so their experience would be more objective than my own. Everyone loved their meal and the service. One of our group ordered an off menu item and our server took the request without so much as batting an eyelash. Another ordered an item and requested that the pasta be gluten free - again no problems. The server was attentive but we never felt rushed and actually spent about 2 hours there and enjoyed every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianmrmontcoVIPDined on 8/8/2014good not great food. Not authentic. Pasta was not aldenteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Live 30 minutes from Bacco and we go once a month for our date night....we love it and the people who run this wonderful place really put their heart and soul into the food, service and overall experience...My go to place for a great night out to have fun.Special Features:
- A little over pricedBetterlatethanneverDined on 7/25/2014Food was good, but the service was a little uneven. I had to wait for my dinner 25 minuets after my wife was served her dinner.
- waiter was the star of the showBusinesslunchDined on 7/23/2014We had a group for a business lunch. The waiter was helpful and very knowlegeable about the food in general. The food was good and the portions were large enough to take some home.Special Features:
- Nice and cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014We really had a good time with wonderful food and service. Four of us did family style and it was great. Loved the mozzarella en carrozza....very flavorful..Drink specials at patio bar were very good. A great localSpecial Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Family of 5 on patio enjoying dinner and friendly bar and wait staff..very relaxing and enjoyable...Kids played Bocce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was Very GoodKarenDined on 7/5/2014First time diners to Bacco for my Mother's B-day. Everyone enjoyed their dinner including my 5 year old who ate veal for the first time and loved it. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2014We loved it....server was attentive and our food was fresh and tasty....very good.Special Features:
- Always great.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014Excellent meal and service...our party of six all enjoyed their time at Bacco...highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014Traveled to visit family and dined at Bacco.....wow!....a great dinner with wonderful service in a cool environment .....we had cocktails outside at patio bar then dined on patio in a garden setting....we had 8 people in our party and everyone raved including my sister who is very hard to please...played bocce after and had a few cocktails outdoors after dinner....bartenders and servers were very friendly.....food was all prepared to order and very flavorful....best Italian food I've had since my last visit to Bacco and I dine in the city every week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor diningMaryDined on 6/20/2014Went there because of the outside dining. The food was good and the service as well. The sun was a bit of a problem. Would suggest installing tilting umbrellas and turning the tables for two so neither chair faced west.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite go to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2014Another great meal at Bacco....neighborhood go to place....always great with food and friendly service staff...try the house made bra cooler..excellent.Special Features:
- A shamebeerdinerVIPDined on 6/15/2014I used to love going to Bacco. The food is good and the restaurant is well set up. However, the service is atrocious. We had a reservation for 6:30 on Father's Day. We didn't get seated until 7:00. Everything went down hill from there. No waiter came over until about 7:15; we only received one of the 2 appetizers we ordered (after 30 minutes); and the dinner did not get to us for 2 hours. We almost left several times, but we were starving so waited it out. I know it's was Fathers Day, but they were completely unprepared. They gave us a discount of $30 on our bill, but it had nothing to do with the money. This is not the first time the service has been extremely slow. I wish they would get it together.
- Way overbookedoverbookedVIPDined on 6/15/2014We went for dinner this Saturday, Fathers Day. They booked way too many reservations, and while it is a very large restaurant, the kitchen COULD NOT support it. We waited TWO hrs for food!!! (Others around were on hr 3!) we were ready to walk out when it came and it was less than satisfying..... Pretty restaurant with outdoor seating and good ambiance... Not sure that's enough to offer. Definitely never go back for a holiday! Maybe a slow Tuesday....
- Not sure how I feelFoodloverDined on 6/15/2014Made reservations at 6:30 on Father’s Day; we got there on time but had 2 wait a bit. We ordered 2 appetizers one came out but we had 2 wait 15 minutes for the second one. The waitress was great but we could see her frustration as she had 2 come to us twice to tell us that the food would be out shortly but it seemed 2 never come. The management was MIA. At 8:45pm we decided 2 leave. The waitress ran out after us with our food packed to go and said just take it. We didn’t want to at first but we were starving so we did. We ate the food when we got home and I have to say it was EXECLLENT!!!! My husband does not want to go back but I feel I want to try it on a regular day and see if the service is different because the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Incredibly slow, inattentiveSWPaDined on 6/15/2014We've had excellent food at Bacco before. Last night we had a 5:45 PM reservation with our 2 young daughters. A pleasant but clueless waiter, clearly struggling with English, took our order, brought bread & drinks. We waited. We waited. After over an hour, we spoke with the manager, who said he would put our kids' order in! Around 7:15, food came; not together. First my wife's (which was wrong, the waiter hadn't understood). Then mine, and 5-10 minutes later, the kids'. Still later, my wife's, by which time we told them to box it. No apologies from management. To cap it off, when my tired 8-year-old accidentally spilled her water, the waiter watched, walked away, didn't even bring a napkin. The food is good; the service ruined our evening.
- bad dinnermrmontcoVIPDined on 6/15/2014My main course which was recommended by the waitress was real bad. The service was terrible. I waited for 45 minutes to get my meal after I ordered it.Special Features:
- slow slow servicehorribleDined on 6/15/2014we arrive at 5:31 PM for 5:30 Pm reservations. got drinks then gave server our order at 6:00 PM. Had to ask several times where are food was, got up and left at 7:28 PM, still had not been served dinner. It should no way take over 1 1/2 hrs to cook a meal. Wont' go back every again
- Repeat customerBummerDined on 6/14/2014We had a great dinner on Saturday night. It was DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- Slow!KristaDined on 6/14/2014We had a group of 8 people to celebrate Father's Day and a graduation. We got seated right away for our reservation time but after we ordered our food it took at least 30 minutes to come out. Our waiter apologized several times. Our food was good, but not terrific. I would go back, though, to try their pizza or sandwiches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Although we had few appetizers, we had to Wait approx 1.5 hrs from time of arrival to dinner entrees.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable & accommodating valuenycjemDined on 5/25/2014We eat here several times a year with the extended family. The food is very good, the price reasonable. The servers are always really nice & accommodating (gave my elderly dad a pillow for his chair etc). They have popular outdoor seating in the summer. The music (always Sinatra) can be a little loud.Special Features:
- NittanyMomDined on 5/24/2014On a night with great weather Bacco's outdoor seating area was a fine location for dinner with friends. The food was good, not exceptional. We would go back, lured by the speciality drinks and outdoor Bocce ball court.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Great spot for Authentic Italian food and atmosphere whenever we visit the Philadelphia areaSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014My friend and I were to Bacco for lunch to celebrate her birthday. We both had wonderful but different salads and we had the same entree--agnolotti filled with ricotta and spinach. Everything was divine!Special Features:
- Great food!EAntoineDined on 5/17/2014I met a friend for an early dinner - It was delicious! We had wine, food, and desert. I'd definitely go back!!Special Features:
- The following 432 reviews are from the Bacco - North Wales reviews archive.
- Fresh PizzaJackDined on 5/2/2014We've dined here a few times and have never been disappointed. On this a Friday night, it was busy and noisy but service was good. We ordered 2 pizzas---old world and buffalo chicken. Both were great. They bake their pizzas at high temperature, with fresh ingredients and you can taste it. Bacco is a great place for pizza, a full dinner, or just cocktails.Special Features:
- Delicious!caneDined on 4/27/2014I took my 92 year old Aunt out for her birthday for an early Sunday dinner. She ate everything! That never happens when we go here, especially with Bacco's generous portion size. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lengthy wait timesFoodie101Dined on 4/26/2014It took a very long time to receive our food. Our waiter seemed to lack experience he only checked up a couple times. He was very slow. However, we enjoyed our food so we will give them another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnowDined on 4/26/2014Great place to eat. One of our favorite restrauntantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food and serviceChrisDDined on 4/19/2014Everything from the appetizers to the main course is delicious. We have tried almost every appetizer on the menu and have never been disappointed from the portion size to the taste. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a great meal and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peaches83Dined on 4/17/2014We chose to go to Bacco's on a Thursday nigt because it is a popular place and can be very crowded on week-ends. Our waiter was fantastic and everyone's meals were delicious. Its great to have such a gem in our neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, neighborhood gemJuliaSDined on 4/11/2014I am always pleased with my meal at Bacco! It's out go-to place for family dinners & taking out-of-town relatives. Great food, great prices, great place! Their pizza is THE best in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.