107 Salem Street
Boston, MA 02119Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacconorthend.com/
- Phone: 6176240454
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm-11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm sunday 4:30pm -10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bacco-Boston
'This spacious, romantic eatery pairs contemporary Italian cuisine with great views of Boston's historic North End. Bacco's first floor is home to a beautiful mahogany and granite bar where patrons drink from an extensive wine list and catch sports highlights on one of two flat-screen TVs. The restaurant's French doors are open during warmer months, allowing guests to feel like part of the action along Salem Street. Diners on the more formal second level devour plates of linguini carbonara, chicken cacciatore and lobster ravioli while enjoying views of the city.'- Citysearch BostonContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bacco-Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)romantic (21)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (10)scenic view (8)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Favorite Date SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014My husband and I had our first date at Bacco and almost ten years later we still make it our date night / special occasion spot. It's our favorite spot in Boston. The food is always amazing and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- Rav43Dined on 10/11/2014Went there on a Sat evening with a date. Really liked the setup with the bar on 1st floor as you walk in and dining area upstairs. Staff was friendly , service was excellent , and the food was really good. My date had the Eggplant Parmigiana and said it was the best she ever had. Would definitely go back again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceMesser14Dined on 9/27/2014The food was amazing and the setting inside was beautiful. The windows open right out onto the streets and my boyfriend and I were on the second floor by the window and it was romantic. Overall it was a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nightoutDined on 9/27/2014Celebrated my daughter's birthday with a dinner in the North End. Decided to try Bacco's based online reviews and limited availability at other favorite spots. Overall I would rate the experience as average. Food was good for the price. Service was less than stellar but wouldn't rate it as poor.
- A very good North End pickBostonFoodie48Dined on 9/20/2014Four of us dined at Bacco on Saturday for the first time. We made a reservation and were greeted warmly by the hostess, who told us our table would be ready in a few minutes (a line was already developing for people without reservations). Once seated, we had a great server who told us the specials and made her recommendations on favorite dishes (which we asked for). All of the dinners were excellent, as were the cocktails. I should also mention that the prices are quite reasonable by Boston standards for both drinks and food. The restaurant has a casual but nice vibe and we look forward to a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemlivetoeatVIPDined on 9/16/2014A truly terrific experience in North side of Boston. Excellent service, and delicious dinner all at a reasonable price. Will be sure to visit again.Special Features:
- DebbieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Pasta special was great, portions are perfect size. Try and get a window by the open window area.Special Features:
- Go to place for good drinks & foodjulestoyouDined on 8/30/2014Go here about once a month. Always have good food and excellent cocktails. Love sitting at the window and people watching on the cornerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North End FavoriteBackbaydinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014We are never disappointed after a meal at Bacco-Boston. The food is superb, staff friendly and efficient, and is in the hub of the neighborhood without being overwhelming. Great choice for an amazing Italian meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014This restaurant was great for a late night italian meal. The service was timely and we had a great view of the street. It did feel cramped at times when people bumped into me while walking by, but it created for a cozy atmosphere.Special Features:
- Loud and HotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We were delighted by the food. Sitting upstairs we were uncomfortable with the heat in the room and the noise level made us yell our orders and made it imposible to have a conversation with our friends at the table.
- Awesome experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Awesome management and service, outstanding food. I did not realize they close early the day I went, I made a late reservation and they took care of me and my wife with pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experienceTedODined on 8/24/2014The appetizer was served immediately after ordering, even before the bread made it to the table. We spoke to the waiter and the service evened out after that. Basil & parmesan polenta with bolognese sauce was good. The bolognese sauce is especially flavorful and excellent. The spinach salad was good, except that the spinach was a little soggy like it had been sitting around with the dressing on it. The butternut squash ravioli with sage brown butter cream was very tasty. The seafood scampi had overcooked pasta, too soft scallops, overcooked lobster, but shrimp correctly cooked. The sauce not garlicky enough. The taramisu one of the best. Cannolli good. No coffee! Every year they lie that the coffee machine just broke.Special Features:
- summer 14 restaurant weekgMHfromBWDined on 8/22/2014we all ordered off the menu $33 for app/entrée/dessert; the guys all got veal or chx parm and the ladies all got seafood scampi. I was surprised when it came with a lobster claw on it. I gave it to my husband cause he loves lobster. the scampi also came with shrimp, scallops, artichoke and asparagus it was very good. tiramisu and cannoli were the dessert choices. Our table was next to a large open window on the second floor (no screen) so one of our guy friends kept blowing kisses to the passerbys who would look up and see him...it was a very nice atmosphere. We still went to Modern pastry for dessert! We went to Improv Asylum after dinner. Remember to try and park at Parcel 7 on haymarket square and get validated.Special Features:
- warmly greetedannabeleeVIPDined on 8/15/2014We were warmly greeted by the hostess and she personally brought specially-created fries for our daughter, which was a very nice gesture. The wine list is brief, but we had a reasonably priced wine that was quite good. The food was good, and certainly better than the average tourist-trap stuff that is all too common in the North End. All in all, a very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Amazing food!JaneVIPDined on 7/26/2014We waited 45 minutes even with a reservation but the food was worth it. Ask for a table upstairs. Veal dishes - Marsala and florentine- were excellent. We were given free wine and calamari due to the wait so my four star rating moved up to a five star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerchkinghzrdDined on 7/23/2014Took my girlfriend here who was visiting from California. We got a table upstairs right by a window, which was very nice. Service was polite, attentive, and polished. Drinks came quickly- decent wine list, mint julep could have used a touch more sugar. Appetizers all sounded delicious, but we chose the mozzarella and prosciutto, which was wonderful. My girlfriend got the chicken saltimbocca, a favorite of hers at other restaurants back home, and said it was far and away the best she's ever had. I ordered the chicken piccata, which was good, but the accompanying risotto lacked creaminess. Overall- good food, good staff, good atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pumpkingirl44VIPDined on 7/21/2014Food was ok, nothing special. Expensive for the mediocre quality, flavor, and inventiveness. Service was fine. Would not return.
- My favorite North End restaurantstansongmanDined on 7/17/2014The food is always great, as are the cocktails. The best thing about Bacco are the seats by the windows, which fully open out onto the street, both floors. It's on Salem St., so you are away from the tourist hustle and bustle of Hanover St.Special Features:
- Amazingly thoughtful serviceRIvisitorDined on 7/15/2014I wanted chicken cacciatore but ordered chicken parm by mistake. When chicken parm came I was disappointed But said I would eat it since it was my fault. Not only did they insist on taking it back to make me what I really wanted but they brought me out a salad so that my husband would not feel like he had to wait. Never has a restaurant done that. Not ever. Not even if the food was undercooked or whatever the reason and it was there fault and had to go back. This was so kind. The food is very very good with many selections to chose from that sound really good. Usually order the same 3 though-eggplant,cacciatore or salmon. And the service is amazing. We go here whenever we are in Boston. It is great!Special Features:
- Fun time in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Our table for 4 was wonderful on the 2nd floor but the window. We all order some kind of seafood dish and they were all outstanding and enjoyed by all. Our waiter had a bit of a problem with our wine and cocktail order but he was so cute and sweet we didn't mind. Thank yyou for a great time had by friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a visitspotfinderDined on 6/28/2014food was amazing, everyone had a great meal; service was a bit disjointed at times but overall service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 638 reviews are from the Bacco-Boston reviews archive.
- Wonderful Atmosphere, Great FoodDeronDined on 6/11/2014I was in Boston for 6 days and ate here twice it was so good. Its a small but vibrant spot with outstanding Italian seafood dishes. A window table only adds to the experience. A must-eat when in the North End.Special Features:
- Worst everTvvvVIPDined on 5/17/2014Normally we go to Mamma Maria just around the corner. We tried Bacco this time. Damn what a waste of time and money. Reservation for party of 3 at 7pm. Got seated at 7.50 at a very small table of 2 and they added a third seat. Same happened to other parties. Putting 6 people at table of 4 and so on. Meatballs were the worst ever. Overboiled and cooked! Same for the gnocchi and mussels. No taste, no flavor, no nothingSpecial Features:
- Delicious North End treatbostongalDined on 5/16/2014Bacco has amazing Italian food & a nice ambiance. In good weather you can also luck out with a window seat for an open air feel & a bit of people watching. It's a smaller restaurant but has multiple levels. there are a large variety of entrees to choose from so it can accommodate just about anyone. It's just one block over from well-known Hanover street, so right in the heart of the North End. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite in the North Endluv2eatoutDined on 5/10/2014We returned to Bacco for our 28th wedding anniversary. Although we specifically requested a window table for that occasion, we did not get it. As it turned out, that was ok because mid-meal the rain came pouring down and the windows had to be closed for those sitting next to them. The Crispy Garlic Calamari Spicy Three Peppers, a favorite of ours, was excellent as usual. Organic Greens Shaved Fennel, Toasted Almond was very good. I had the Special Salmon Puttanesca with shrimp and it was outstanding! My husband had the Seafood Fra Diavolo and reports that it was very good.Special Features:
- Great food, lovely atmosphere!chukkagirlDined on 4/23/2014After dining out for several nights at both Legal Seafood and Grafton Street in Cambridge, my graduate-student son and I finally found a place we could have a great dinner AND be able to hear each other! Bacco was a charming little bistro, where we dined upstairs looking out the window down a North End street, through little white lights on the balcony. Our server made a great wine recommendation, and was personable and knowledgeable without being intrusive. We had a lovely traditional Italian meal (the chicken parmigiana was terrific), and for the first time we could actually have dinner conversation without shouting. Got reservations without any trouble as a bonus. All in all a very pleasant evening, and we will for sure go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North End BostonJohnDined on 4/12/2014Bacco is one of our favorite North End places to eat. Food is great as is the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was "ok"OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/5/2014The hostesses and wait staff was very friendly and attentive but the food and ambience were just "ok". The veal picatta was very good but mussels and caprese salad were just "average". Also, the "wine by the glass" selection could have been better.
- The food, location, and waiteryummmmmDined on 3/28/2014The food, location, and waiter were great. Unfortunately, there were a group of hostesses standing around when we went in, somewhat unfriendly and not very articulate--I had to ask one of them to repeat herself. They wouldn't seat us until our whole party was there (we had half) so we had to go back outside and wait in the rain til our friends came. When we went back in with our friends, the hostess really wasn't doing a great job. She was unfriendly, did not want to talk or look at anyone, and had a fixed frown with a glassy stare. It seemed like her one job--to make a good first impression and make the environment of the restaurant appealing or at least helpful-- was not really manageable for her, and her ill grace put us all off.Special Features:
- Perfect BirthdayPleasedAsPunchDined on 3/26/2014Found this restaurant for restaurant week. We chose for my boyfriend's birthday, and it was the perfect fit. The service started out a little slow, but once the waiters realized we hadn't been tended to yet, they made sure to follow up with us accordingly. They were all very polite and respectable. We sat on the second floor close to the windows over looking the streets of the North End. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekPennpalVIPDined on 3/24/2014Enjoyed the prefixed menu. Had caprese, seafood scampi one linguine and cannoli. All excellent with the exception that didn't care for the artichoke in the scampi. Kin of mushy and too salty. Our waiter was wonderful!Special Features:
- We went restaurant week forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2014We went restaurant week for the 3 course dinner. Portions were good size and delicious. Waiter was excellent. We were glad we chose this restaurant and would highly recommend it to others.Special Features:
- The food is authentic. I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2014The food is authentic. I would always recommend it if visiting the North End!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returning againluv2eatoutDined on 3/22/2014Bacco is one of our favorite restaurants - great menu, excellent food & service. My husband & I had the calamari & organic greens and shared them. My entree was the seafood scampi & my husband had the veal Marsala. For dessert we had cannolis. We dined during restaurant week Boston for 33 each plus a good bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed a great meal in aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Enjoyed a great meal in a relaxing atmosphere. Waiter did not rush us like so many other N.E. restaurants. Will Be Back!!!Special Features:
- Went in for restaurant week,FoodieInTrainingDined on 3/21/2014Went in for restaurant week, service was very good, food was delicious, very happy to have chosen Bacco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2014The food and service at Bacco's was spectacular! My friend and I attended Bocca's for Boston Restaurant week and enjoyed a 3-course meal for $33!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekSaraDined on 3/19/2014The restaurant was amazing, but in particular the hostess that greater us was lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks & Food were perfectKitlen46Dined on 3/19/2014We went to Bacco for restaurant week. The food was amazing. We'd never eaten there before and I was so happy with the experience. Appetizers were caprese salad and fried calamari which came with something more like a vodka sauce. The calamari were lightly fried and not over battered. For dinner we had seafood scampi and chicken piccatta. The seafood scampi had lobster claw meat, scallops and large shrimp. The sauce had just enough lemon and cream. Desserts were tiramisu and cannolis. So good. For drinks we had an extra dirty martini which was made extra dirty like requested and extra olives. Also, we ordered a martini off their menu and it was also amazing with muddled cucumber and mint.Special Features: