107 Salem Street
Boston, MA 02119Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacconorthend.com/
- Phone: 6176240454
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm-11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm sunday 4:30pm -10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bacco-Boston
'This spacious, romantic eatery pairs contemporary Italian cuisine with great views of Boston's historic North End. Bacco's first floor is home to a beautiful mahogany and granite bar where patrons drink from an extensive wine list and catch sports highlights on one of two flat-screen TVs. The restaurant's French doors are open during warmer months, allowing guests to feel like part of the action along Salem Street. Diners on the more formal second level devour plates of linguini carbonara, chicken cacciatore and lobster ravioli while enjoying views of the city.'- Citysearch BostonContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bacco-Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (16)romantic (15)fit for foodies (9)scenic view (8)good for groups (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Awesome experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Awesome management and service, outstanding food. I did not realize they close early the day I went, I made a late reservation and they took care of me and my wife with pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experienceTedODined on 8/24/2014The appetizer was served immediately after ordering, even before the bread made it to the table. We spoke to the waiter and the service evened out after that. Basil & parmesan polenta with bolognese sauce was good. The bolognese sauce is especially flavorful and excellent. The spinach salad was good, except that the spinach was a little soggy like it had been sitting around with the dressing on it. The butternut squash ravioli with sage brown butter cream was very tasty. The seafood scampi had overcooked pasta, too soft scallops, overcooked lobster, but shrimp correctly cooked. The sauce not garlicky enough. The taramisu one of the best. Cannolli good. No coffee! Every year they lie that the coffee machine just broke.Special Features:
- summer 14 restaurant weekgMHfromBWDined on 8/22/2014we all ordered off the menu $33 for app/entrée/dessert; the guys all got veal or chx parm and the ladies all got seafood scampi. I was surprised when it came with a lobster claw on it. I gave it to my husband cause he loves lobster. the scampi also came with shrimp, scallops, artichoke and asparagus it was very good. tiramisu and cannoli were the dessert choices. Our table was next to a large open window on the second floor (no screen) so one of our guy friends kept blowing kisses to the passerbys who would look up and see him...it was a very nice atmosphere. We still went to Modern pastry for dessert! We went to Improv Asylum after dinner. Remember to try and park at Parcel 7 on haymarket square and get validated.Special Features:
- warmly greetedannabeleeVIPDined on 8/15/2014We were warmly greeted by the hostess and she personally brought specially-created fries for our daughter, which was a very nice gesture. The wine list is brief, but we had a reasonably priced wine that was quite good. The food was good, and certainly better than the average tourist-trap stuff that is all too common in the North End. All in all, a very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Amazing food!JaneVIPDined on 7/26/2014We waited 45 minutes even with a reservation but the food was worth it. Ask for a table upstairs. Veal dishes - Marsala and florentine- were excellent. We were given free wine and calamari due to the wait so my four star rating moved up to a five star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerchkinghzrdDined on 7/23/2014Took my girlfriend here who was visiting from California. We got a table upstairs right by a window, which was very nice. Service was polite, attentive, and polished. Drinks came quickly- decent wine list, mint julep could have used a touch more sugar. Appetizers all sounded delicious, but we chose the mozzarella and prosciutto, which was wonderful. My girlfriend got the chicken saltimbocca, a favorite of hers at other restaurants back home, and said it was far and away the best she's ever had. I ordered the chicken piccata, which was good, but the accompanying risotto lacked creaminess. Overall- good food, good staff, good atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pumpkingirl44Dined on 7/21/2014Food was ok, nothing special. Expensive for the mediocre quality, flavor, and inventiveness. Service was fine. Would not return.
- My favorite North End restaurantstansongmanDined on 7/17/2014The food is always great, as are the cocktails. The best thing about Bacco are the seats by the windows, which fully open out onto the street, both floors. It's on Salem St., so you are away from the tourist hustle and bustle of Hanover St.Special Features:
- Amazingly thoughtful serviceRIvisitorDined on 7/15/2014I wanted chicken cacciatore but ordered chicken parm by mistake. When chicken parm came I was disappointed But said I would eat it since it was my fault. Not only did they insist on taking it back to make me what I really wanted but they brought me out a salad so that my husband would not feel like he had to wait. Never has a restaurant done that. Not ever. Not even if the food was undercooked or whatever the reason and it was there fault and had to go back. This was so kind. The food is very very good with many selections to chose from that sound really good. Usually order the same 3 though-eggplant,cacciatore or salmon. And the service is amazing. We go here whenever we are in Boston. It is great!Special Features:
- Fun time in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Our table for 4 was wonderful on the 2nd floor but the window. We all order some kind of seafood dish and they were all outstanding and enjoyed by all. Our waiter had a bit of a problem with our wine and cocktail order but he was so cute and sweet we didn't mind. Thank yyou for a great time had by friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a visitspotfinderDined on 6/28/2014food was amazing, everyone had a great meal; service was a bit disjointed at times but overall service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Atmosphere, Great FoodDeronDined on 6/11/2014I was in Boston for 6 days and ate here twice it was so good. Its a small but vibrant spot with outstanding Italian seafood dishes. A window table only adds to the experience. A must-eat when in the North End.Special Features:
- Worst everTvvvVIPDined on 5/17/2014Normally we go to Mamma Maria just around the corner. We tried Bacco this time. Damn what a waste of time and money. Reservation for party of 3 at 7pm. Got seated at 7.50 at a very small table of 2 and they added a third seat. Same happened to other parties. Putting 6 people at table of 4 and so on. Meatballs were the worst ever. Overboiled and cooked! Same for the gnocchi and mussels. No taste, no flavor, no nothingSpecial Features:
- Delicious North End treatbostongalDined on 5/16/2014Bacco has amazing Italian food & a nice ambiance. In good weather you can also luck out with a window seat for an open air feel & a bit of people watching. It's a smaller restaurant but has multiple levels. there are a large variety of entrees to choose from so it can accommodate just about anyone. It's just one block over from well-known Hanover street, so right in the heart of the North End. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite in the North Endluv2eatoutDined on 5/10/2014We returned to Bacco for our 28th wedding anniversary. Although we specifically requested a window table for that occasion, we did not get it. As it turned out, that was ok because mid-meal the rain came pouring down and the windows had to be closed for those sitting next to them. The Crispy Garlic Calamari Spicy Three Peppers, a favorite of ours, was excellent as usual. Organic Greens Shaved Fennel, Toasted Almond was very good. I had the Special Salmon Puttanesca with shrimp and it was outstanding! My husband had the Seafood Fra Diavolo and reports that it was very good.Special Features:
- The following 633 reviews are from the Bacco-Boston reviews archive.
- Great food, lovely atmosphere!chukkagirlDined on 4/23/2014After dining out for several nights at both Legal Seafood and Grafton Street in Cambridge, my graduate-student son and I finally found a place we could have a great dinner AND be able to hear each other! Bacco was a charming little bistro, where we dined upstairs looking out the window down a North End street, through little white lights on the balcony. Our server made a great wine recommendation, and was personable and knowledgeable without being intrusive. We had a lovely traditional Italian meal (the chicken parmigiana was terrific), and for the first time we could actually have dinner conversation without shouting. Got reservations without any trouble as a bonus. All in all a very pleasant evening, and we will for sure go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North End BostonJohnDined on 4/12/2014Bacco is one of our favorite North End places to eat. Food is great as is the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was "ok"OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/5/2014The hostesses and wait staff was very friendly and attentive but the food and ambience were just "ok". The veal picatta was very good but mussels and caprese salad were just "average". Also, the "wine by the glass" selection could have been better.
- The food, location, and waiteryummmmmDined on 3/28/2014The food, location, and waiter were great. Unfortunately, there were a group of hostesses standing around when we went in, somewhat unfriendly and not very articulate--I had to ask one of them to repeat herself. They wouldn't seat us until our whole party was there (we had half) so we had to go back outside and wait in the rain til our friends came. When we went back in with our friends, the hostess really wasn't doing a great job. She was unfriendly, did not want to talk or look at anyone, and had a fixed frown with a glassy stare. It seemed like her one job--to make a good first impression and make the environment of the restaurant appealing or at least helpful-- was not really manageable for her, and her ill grace put us all off.Special Features:
- Perfect BirthdayPleasedAsPunchDined on 3/26/2014Found this restaurant for restaurant week. We chose for my boyfriend's birthday, and it was the perfect fit. The service started out a little slow, but once the waiters realized we hadn't been tended to yet, they made sure to follow up with us accordingly. They were all very polite and respectable. We sat on the second floor close to the windows over looking the streets of the North End. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekPennpalVIPDined on 3/24/2014Enjoyed the prefixed menu. Had caprese, seafood scampi one linguine and cannoli. All excellent with the exception that didn't care for the artichoke in the scampi. Kin of mushy and too salty. Our waiter was wonderful!Special Features:
- We went restaurant week forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2014We went restaurant week for the 3 course dinner. Portions were good size and delicious. Waiter was excellent. We were glad we chose this restaurant and would highly recommend it to others.Special Features:
- The food is authentic. I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2014The food is authentic. I would always recommend it if visiting the North End!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returning againluv2eatoutDined on 3/22/2014Bacco is one of our favorite restaurants - great menu, excellent food & service. My husband & I had the calamari & organic greens and shared them. My entree was the seafood scampi & my husband had the veal Marsala. For dessert we had cannolis. We dined during restaurant week Boston for 33 each plus a good bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed a great meal in aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Enjoyed a great meal in a relaxing atmosphere. Waiter did not rush us like so many other N.E. restaurants. Will Be Back!!!Special Features:
- Went in for restaurant week,FoodieInTrainingDined on 3/21/2014Went in for restaurant week, service was very good, food was delicious, very happy to have chosen Bacco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2014The food and service at Bacco's was spectacular! My friend and I attended Bocca's for Boston Restaurant week and enjoyed a 3-course meal for $33!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekSaraDined on 3/19/2014The restaurant was amazing, but in particular the hostess that greater us was lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks & Food were perfectKitlen46Dined on 3/19/2014We went to Bacco for restaurant week. The food was amazing. We'd never eaten there before and I was so happy with the experience. Appetizers were caprese salad and fried calamari which came with something more like a vodka sauce. The calamari were lightly fried and not over battered. For dinner we had seafood scampi and chicken piccatta. The seafood scampi had lobster claw meat, scallops and large shrimp. The sauce had just enough lemon and cream. Desserts were tiramisu and cannolis. So good. For drinks we had an extra dirty martini which was made extra dirty like requested and extra olives. Also, we ordered a martini off their menu and it was also amazing with muddled cucumber and mint.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, had theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/18/2014Food was excellent, had the calamari, caprese and seafood scampi. The tables for 2 are a bit small, but workable. The noise level was moderate because there was a group of 5 girls and the young people today do not have inside voices. They speak at a restaurant as though they were outside. Gone are the days when people dined and kept their voices at a low octane so that only the people they were speaking with could hear their conversation. would highly recommend for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinner date with friendsCherylDined on 2/22/2014Bacco-Boston was outstanding! The food was absolutely delicious and the service was outstanding. We loved our waiter, Charles! This restaurant will leave you with a very satisfied dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at Baccok2p1965VIPDined on 2/8/2014This was out first time at Bacco and we loved it. The food was fantastic, waiter was prompt and knowledgable about the menu and every thing from the appetizers to main meal was great (we were too stuffed to try dessert). Our friends had a 40th birthday party to go to the next day and had such a good experience they bought a gift certificate for the birthday boy as a gift! Only note was the beer selection was not great but that was an easy thing to over look. We will definately be back.Special Features:
- not very good. Service andCalcDined on 2/8/2014not very good. Service and host staff were great. 3# out of 4 of the party ordered the specials. Both offerings were ok. crowded bar area too.
- N Y E 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013WE had a table of 6 for NYE dinner at 730. We were seated right on time at a table on the 2nd floor .The wait staff was wonderful/playful and fit the mood of the night just right .The food at Bacco is always spot on,the clams were to die for ! We asked for 3 check as well ....no big deal to the waiter ,he did it with out blinking an eye . For a great night out you can not go wrong coming here .Special Features:
- Great SpecialsDingzDined on 12/28/2013Specials were amazing, food was prepared perfectly, great service and overall great experience in the North End. Was planning on going to Al Dente (been there before) but the wait was too long, was not disappointed at all with Bacco. Loved it and would go back again!Special Features:
- Insufficent SeatingKDDDVIPDined on 12/27/2013Restaurant is trying to sit 3 people at 2 top tables which is not sufficient space. We had a reservation and when seated there was at least 4 open 2 top tables. We asked to be seated next to the wall rather than in the middle of the room by the service area. They said no because they needed to seat 3 people at that 2 person table. We dined for over an hour with the table we wanted empty and then they sat 2 people there - not 3. Poor wait to treat guests. Plan to be cramped here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very average.RobNDined on 11/10/2013The food was very average. Carpaccio was aa small portion and the meat was tasteless. Calamari was unremarkable. Chicken & Veal Saltimbocca was bland, as was the pasta seafood special. No shell dish was provided for the Clams & Sausage Arrabbiata.
- Very friendly bartender downstairs,kevbostonDined on 10/29/2013Very friendly bartender downstairs, made some great cocktail and beer selections. The paintings and ambience upstairs in the dining room were very cool. It was a slow night with only a few tables, but still a little loud. Hostess and manager very nice and welcoming. Food was delicious and beautifully presented. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencebrea2942Dined on 10/21/2013The restaurant is very attractive, with the bar downstairs and the dining upstairs. We were seated right away. The menu offered some nice alternatives to the usually heavy pasta selections and I had the veal piccata. It was very tasty with wonderful risotto. It was a tad on the tough side but not so much that I had to send it back. Just not as tender as I've had it at other restaurants. The spaghetti and meatballs were excellent. Our server was very attentive but got bogged down with a large party. Her associate immediately saw that we had been neglected and took our order. When our original server was able to get back to us, she was very attentive again. The food was very good and the ambiance quite charming. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great Date Night!RichDined on 10/5/2013Great night out at Bacco! Had reservations at 9 on a busy Saturday night. Had a drink at the bar and was seated at approximately 9:20. The food was not overly sophisticated, but the best food I've had in a long time. A little louder than what I was expecting, but it did not bother me. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.