Bacchus - SoNo
120 Washington St.
South Norwalk, CT 06854Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bacchus - SoNo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacchussono.com/
- Phone: 2039566220
- Hours of Operation:
Monday Closed. Tuesday - Thursday: Dinner 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday Dinner 5:00pm - 11:00pm Saturday:Lunch Noon - 4:00pm and Dinner 5:00pm - 11:00pm and Sunday From 5pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Guillermo Flores/Arnie D'Angelo, Founder/CEO
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call us for your Private or Semi-Private Party Reservations. Up to 70 guests
Marcos Silva (203)956-6220
- Entertainment: Live Jazz
A word from Bacchus - SoNo
Nestled in the heart of the historic district of South Norwalk, Connecticut, Bacchus, named for the mythological Roman God of wine, is a self-styled Italian restaurant with an Innovative twist. Our mission is to honor the traditions of the Italian kitchen by bringing back the classic bases of Italian cooking while adding a touch of new world flavors. Bacchus offers a unique approach to wine selection and consumption. The wine list was created to "take the anxiety out of choosing" a bottle. We offer an outstanding selection of wines by the glass, the wine list is presented by price point and the wines in each section are meant to offer the best value and taste in their respective categories. Bacchus wines range from $30 to $75 selections, with a reserve list with only a few wines exceeding $100. Our wine selections include domestic wines as well as Italian, French, Spanish, Chilean and Argentinean.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bacchus - SoNo reviews from OpenTable diners
- Gasp!!, I found out that BacchusRiyekaDined on 6/27/2013Gasp!!, I found out that Bacchus will be closing at the end of June for a six month renovation. Needless to say, I will miss the tremendous food, service an ambiance. I will be waiting eagerly for the grand re-opening and looking desperately for a suitable replacement in the meantime. Have a great summer!!!Special Features:
- Very good but closing forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2013Very good but closing for renovations. We took the whole family for Birthday celebration. Service was excellent. Pricey but probably the highest elevation restaurant in Sono. We had a broad sampling since there were nine of us. Everything was good or better. Dessert was excellent. Also had martini's and cosmos. Both were well made. Parking can get complicated on weekends. They will close June 30th until mid 2014 for renovations of the entire restaurant and change of concept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2013The food is exceptional, the staff informed and responsive, the atmosphere fun and relaxed...will return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBrumar30Dined on 6/18/2013THe food was absolutely delicious, it was our first time and we went for our 30th Wedding Anniversary. They were so kind and gave us champagne to celebrate. The Steak tips with mushroom risotto was done to perfection, the meatball appetizer was delicious.. the other dish we had was Pesto Papardelle with shrimp and scallops also delicious.. it was a slow night becuase it rained and was a Tuesday, so we pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves. We thoroughly enjoyed dining here and would definitely go back and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SoNo Wine BarBracelerDined on 6/15/2013Situated between a few of my favorite South Norwalk restaurants, Bacchus was a restaurant that we always wanted to try but never got around to it. We are so glad we finally did! The Paella Italiano was fabulous but it was definitely outdone by the risotto on the menu. I only dream of my risotto turning out that well. The only thing that was unfortunate was that our first choice of wine and appetizers were not available.Special Features:
- This Sono gem just gets better andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2013This was our third time at Bacchus. This Sono gem just gets better and better. We tried the soft shell crabs; they were delicious, cooked to perfection. For main course we tried the penne arrabiatta and the pork chop. The two dishes were full of flavors and hot off the kitchen. To finish our evening we ordered the chocolate volcano. It was the best we ever had anywhere in the world. We highly recommend BacchusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Tapas!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2013The food is excellent everything that we ordered was well made and delicious. The appetizer plates are made to share with your group which was good because we were able to taste different things from the menu. Some plates I wish were larger but I guess it was because they were so good and I had to share. The drinks were also very good and they have a big selection on wines. We also had dessert and the chocolate volcano with a scoop of gelato was amazing. Our waitress was very helpful and helped us choose our meal, she gave us woderful suggestions. It was our first visit to this restaurant but we plan to return and try other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week menu had aMcelhennyVIPDined on 6/12/2013Restaurant Week menu had a good selection of items from the regular menu & our selections were delicious. Our server was outstanding - when my dining partner said the cocktail she ordered wasn't to her taste, he replaced it with a more acceptable drink without our asking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2013This was our first time at Bacchus and I have to say that my husband and I were extremely pleased with the service we received and the food was absolutely delicious. We will definitely return and will highly recommend Bacchus to our family and friends.Worth every penny!!! Very safe neighborhood with a parking lot across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekHoobajlzDined on 6/11/2013Restaurant week opened my eyes to the wonderful Bacchus in SoNo. The waiter started by bringing a basket of two kinds of bread and some peppers and oil, which I thought was a nice mixup from the traditional oil and butter. Next my friend and I started with the appetizers. She started with a simple caprese salad (which looked delicious!) and I had the fried calamari with spicy ailoi. The ailoi was not too spicy, which I liked and the calamari were fried perfectly. Then onto the main course - my friend had the rigatoni with hot sausage and cream sauce with fresh ricotta on top, which was heavenly. I had the skirt steak with whipped potatoes and veggies. Finally, dessert! My friend had the cannolis and I had the tiramisu. A fantastic meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/1/2013This is our favorite restaurant since relocating to Norwalk! Check it out! Marcos and staff and the greatest!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacchus continues to please.RiyekaDined on 5/29/2013Bacchus continues to please. With all of the restaurant choices in Norwalk / Fairfield county, I always find myself returning to Bacchus for a drink at the bar, a quick bite at the bar or dinner with friends, family or clients. Bacchus, in my humble opinion, has the best food and service for the price in the area. I really enjoy their Italian inspired small plate appetizer menu. I had the tuna tartare for an app and the seafood and white bean casserole with a crisp Pinot Gris....outstanding!!! I am already looking forward to my next visit! Thank you!Special Features:
- Good food, good service. nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2013Good food, good service. nothing "WOW." But very solid - 4/5 on all metrics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than satisfactoryTTwilliamsDined on 5/18/2013I was truly disappointed with my experience at Bacchus. The food was not great and the recommendations were poor to say the least. The open kitchen design would have been nice if there were any Italian staff actually cooking in the kitchen.
- Another great meal at Bacchus!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2013We were there with friends on Friday night. It was a bit empty when we got there, but was very crowded by the time we left. Another terrific meal w/ great service!Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerEastNorwalkResDined on 5/12/2013I brought my mother in for Mother's Day dinner. The atmosphere was cozy and intimate, but still bright and cheery. The staff was attentive, kind and did an excellent job. The restaurant itself, as well as the open kitchen were very clean and well organized. The best part of all was the excellent food! Portion sizes were excellent, not too small, but not so big that you feel you have to stuff yourself. Everything was homemade, very fresh, well balanced dressings and sauces, and examples of cooking perfection. The only issue we had was making only one choice from a menu from which we wanted to order everything. I will be looking forward to going to back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did not meet the great reviewsnjhjVIPDined on 5/12/2013Although i found our server to be efficient, her manner cold and somewhat arrogant. !for a starter we had the artichoke appetizer which although was delicious and hot, was comically miniscule, which a dish for the sauce that 10x it needed be. lobster avacado salad and it was with this dish alone i could see why other may have raved about the restaurant as this was not only a beautiful dish to look at it was absolutley delicious and well constructed. next we had soft shell crabs which was also disappointing. we found the swimming in the pool along with the beans and spinach. had they been sauteed and showcased on top that might have been a better presentation, plus all that sauce/broth diluted their delicate taste.Special Features:
- Always great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2013Eat in SONO on a regular basis. Have been to just about all the places to eat. Bacchus continues to be our favorite. Terrific staff, from Marco at the door to all the wait staff. Food is always perfect and the portions are great. Not those skimpy "in" portions. Highly recommend having a terrific meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful bit of SOHO in SONOOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2013We returned to the "scene of the crime" 26 years later. My wife and I were married in New Haven and spent a gifted wedding night at a nearby hotel and tavern that we now found had fallen on hard times. The proprietor told us it was because so many trendy places had opened in So. Norwalk as the foodies have come up the coast. Our sad trip down memory lane was more than salvaged by a WONDERFUL meal at Bacchus. First, whoever organized the wine list to be accessible by price range, with featured recommendations in that range is A GENIOUS! We shared a delicious salad and I ordered for my wife Talapia Puttanesca - she was in heaven. I had the Lamb Shank. Not only was it scrumptous, the table next to us interrupted to say they were jealous!Special Features:
- Great Experience AgainToughCookieDined on 5/2/2013We have been to the restaurant a few times & are never disappointed. The Service, Ambiience & especially the Food are fabulous. We recommend the restaurant to everyone we know. We had the Short Ribs with Mashed potatoes superb I was lucky enough with the Waiters Recommendation to choose the Special Papardelle with Osso Bucco Rgau WOW! I suggecsted they put it on the regular menu it was better than good. If you're lucky enough to go & it's on the menu don't miss it. Great place, great food go you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacchus: Consistently PerfectDonnaDined on 4/30/2013Each time I dine at Bacchus I am presented with creative daily specials, wonderful service and excellent wine selections. Bacchus is that rare restaurant that has maintained the same high standards it had when it first opened. This is my go-to place, hands-down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply The BestLadydayVIPDined on 4/30/2013We live in the neighborhood and make every effort to visit Bacchus at least once a week. The food is fantastic and the Bartender David makes a great drink. Get there as soon as you can and you'll understand our live affair with this restuarant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 75th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Had a party of 12 for my mother's 75th birthday, the wait staff was very friendly and very helpful and went out of their way to make sure everyone was happy, including our 2 young children. The food was fantastic, I had the homemade fettucine with beef tips and it was amazing, the risotto go rave reviews as well.Only a couple of choices for young children but it worked out just fine. Look forward to going back with my wife on "date night".Special Features:
- Bacchus-SONO is FABULOUS!SchoolhouseRocksDined on 4/23/2013Bacchus is always a wonderful experience. Great, great food and terrific service. Tons of wine selections and David will always steer you in the right direction when choosing. Highly recommended for a romantic night out or getting together with a group of friends.Special Features:
- I found the service to beOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2013I found the service to be inattentive and poor. We had to flag the wait staff when we needed them. They operate more like a diner or fast food restaurant. While the food is good, as should be expected given the prices, the service is not in this league.Special Features:
- Bacchus has been a frequentedRiyekaDined on 4/13/2013Bacchus has been a frequented spot now for me for about 2 years. The food preparation is superb with a nice variety from well prepared fish to outstanding pasta dishes to a nice selection of steaks, chops and braised dishes. All of the great food is enhanced by the great service. Marcos greats you at the door with familiarity, David or Chantal pour your favorite beverage at the bar...with a smile and Sarah is a gracious waitress with tremendous knowledge of the menu as well as the wine list. The wine list is perfectly matched with the menu; fairly priced, nice selection and delicious. Bacchus is a great place for a romantic dinner, a group dinner or grabbing a drink and and appetizer at the bar. Enjoy!Special Features:
- They recently changed theirOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013They recently changed their menu(still great), but removed my wife's favorite dish. We asked if they could still prepare it for her - they did! They know customer service! This was our favorite place and still is!Special Features:
- Our first time at BacchusOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2013Our first time at Bacchus - not sure why it took us so long, it was amazing. The food was superb and the location is perfect. The only server that night was also the bartender, so it took a little bit to get our order right, but everyone was super friendly and took very good care of us. We especially enjoyed the PEI Mussels - they're a must have for anyone reading this write-up. A little pricy - but worth it.Special Features:
- Susan ReillySusieQVIPDined on 3/30/2013This was our first time at Bacchus and we all enjoyed it very much. Our food was delicious. However, they were out of one of the specials-rack of lamb- which two of us had wanted and it was only 7:00. They were also out of two desserts on the menu-Tartuffe and sorbet. Very strange we thought. Our server was good but perfunctory. All in all though, it was a very nice evening and our meals were excellent, especially the signature chicken dish and the sea bass. We will return. If you go with a group, it is best to take as few cars as possible because parking is difficult in SoNo.
- Best Restaurant in SoNoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013Bacchus is by far the best restaurant in town! Their food is absolutely amazing.Our Waitress was very sweet and helpful. The manager made us feel very at home and the bartender was very friendly. I would definitely reccomend Bacchus to all my friends and family!Special Features:
- Our go to spotOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/22/2013Our go to restaurant since moving to Norwalk from New York last year. Whenever anyone asks for the name of a restaurant in Norwalk to eat at, It is always Bacchus. Food, service and atmosphere are always consistently excellentSpecial Features:
- Thank you, Bacchus, for theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/17/2013Thank you, Bacchus, for the best ST. Patrick's day Corned beef and Cabbage I've had. Simple, & delicious!!Special Features:
- Food was very good. Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/16/2013Food was very good. Wait staff was very responsive. Our first visit and we would definitely go back!
- This was our first time toKinctVIPDined on 3/16/2013This was our first time to Bacchus. Our expectations were exceeded. The host was so warm and inviting. Our servers were so pleasant. And the food was exceptional - I enjoyed a pork chop au poivre special - perfectly done and so flavorful with the coating of cracked peppercorns. My husband went with the rack of lamb (especially since we saw that other reviewers highly recommended this dish). Both dishes were terrific. We started with the mussels - a really tasty preparation with the chorizo. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Lovely atmosphere and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/10/2013Lovely atmosphere and very friendly service. Excellent food.Special Features:
- “Fabulous”OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2013My husband, friends and I come to Bacchus several times a month. The food is always fantastic, great service & great ambiance! What more could you ask for! If they have the New Zealand lamb chops have them. Probably the best MeatBalls in Connecticut,the staff is friendly and personable. Honestly, they do everything right here.Special Features:
- "I've been here a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/7/2013"I've been here a few times and love the food, the service, the people, and the ambience."Special Features:
- Always a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2013I love this place. Always a great atmosphere, terrific food and wonderful wait staff. They even take the time to remember your name when you're checking in and throughout the meal. Nice special touch!
- The food was just ok. TooBetsyknitVIPDined on 2/23/2013The food was just ok. Too salty. I had veal rollatini, which I usually love. It was very chewy, over cooked. The service was exceptional and attentive.
- Just Fabulous! It is theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Just Fabulous! It is the second time we have been there. Can't wait to go back. There was live jazz on this evening...wonderful addition. I sent 4 friends there and they loved it too! A real GEM in Fairfield County.Special Features: