Bacchus Restaurant and Wine Bar
1 Doubletree Drive
Rohnert Park, CA 94928Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Bacchus Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-sonoma-wine-country-RLSC-DT/dining/index.html
- Phone: 7075864679
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30 AM - 10:30 Am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30 AM - 11:30 Am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30 AM - 5:00 PM; Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Don Nolan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On-site Full Service Catering Menus and 13 private rooms available for seating from 10-400 people. Outdoor Space to accommodate up to 250 people.
Wedding Ceremony and Reception Packages available.
A word from Bacchus Restaurant and Wine Bar
Bacchus serves Californian Mediterranean cuisine and is located in Rohnert Park CaliforniaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bacchus Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (2)good for groups (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Great for a goupChuckDined on 8/16/2014Handled increase of group from four to eight with no problem. Gave us a seperate room. Cocktails were excellent, Food was very good. Service was great. Very happy with the whole experience. I had never been there before. Chose Bacchus for the location. Will be back.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedReenersDined on 6/12/2014Usually my experiences with dinner in a hotel restaurant have been less than stellar, and just 'ok'. I happened to be there for a conference and met my niece for dinner who is local. This restaurant exceeded my expectations. It was very nice, we were in the fireplace dining room next to the windows to the beautiful patio area. It was quiet and elegant and perfect for a long conversation. The servers were terrific, not too intrusive but always there when needed. The food was excellent and beautifully presented (though a little on the expensive side- $12 margarita) I would return again when in the area and already recommended to local friends. Next time we'll sit on the patio (next to the golf course) and enjoy a warm summer evening.Special Features:
- Uncomfortable, giant chairs.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2014food good, service good. The chairs were made for people at least 6 foot 6 inches, terrible. So big it gave me no back support. Had to sit up the entire time. Then I squeezed in beside my wife on the couch side to Finnish the meal.Special Features:
- The following 46 reviews are from the Bacchus Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- would come againkat77Dined on 5/10/2014Accommodated our group quickly and cheerfully. Ribs were fall off the bone tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good holiday feastTonyDubDined on 4/20/2014This was our second holiday brunch at Bacchus. The first was Mother's Day a few years ago. The staff was pleasant and attentive. We were immediately directed to our table, which for me is always a plus. Our waiter Habi was superb! The only issue was the lighting place on the floor. My wife tripped and nearly fell. It was good ambiance but is a trip hazard. All in all, I would return and have been recommending to co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with familyHuntermanDined on 3/26/2014First time we four siblings had a meal with just the four of us and we enjoyed it immensely because of a quiet surrounding, good food (turkey bacon club sandwich) and not any noise to speak of. Thank you Len Johnstone Willits, CaSpecial Features:
- Excellent ServiceJimmyDined on 3/22/2014Bacchus has improved and added to their menu which used to be rather limited. The food is excellent and the service was great. The restaurant manager personally talked with us not just superficially but in-depth to ensure we were satisfied. The staff was attentive and courteous. The only downside were the very deep chairs which required a large pillow - which they eagerly provided - to support your back. We will be returning oftenI would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingSonomaCountyFoodieDined on 3/16/2014We dined during SC Restaurant Week. Our first course came and my MIL didn't like her soup, also our soup wasn't very warm and our waitress didn't come back to check on us until everyone else had already finished. Then entrees; My husband asked for his steak medium rare and it came well done. I had to flag our waitress down so she could fix the problem. Again, we all finished our meals by the time the steak came out, again overcooked, and he had already eaten the sides on his plate so everything else wouldn't get cold. Then dessert, the worst part. It was supposed to be a brownie with ice cream on top. First off the ice cream was half melted when it came to us and the brownie was rock hard. I couldn't eat any of it. Don't waste your money!
- Restaurant WeekLUV2PARDined on 3/13/2014We went middle of the road price wise at $29.00 per dinner. It was a great experience. Everything was very nice; service, food, wine list and ambiance. Will eat there again. We liked trying Restaurant Week as we had gone last year and this was our second. A great way to try new places to eat out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at reasonable pricesFlowermaidDined on 2/24/2014Bacchus is located in the Hilton Double Tree Hotel in Rohnert Park. It's kind of a hybrid between a coffee shop and a restaurant and serves breakfast and lunch as well as dinner. For breakfast, you have a choice of a buffet or menu items. The buffet was very good and a cut above typical hotel fare. The dinner menu consists of various appetizers and salads, steak, seafood, chicken, ribs, and pasta, along with a fairly extensive wine list. Prices are moderate. The food was flavorful and the service attentive, though a little slow considering that the restaurant was less than half full. Our main complaint was the uncomfortable oversize dining chairs, which force you to sit forward in the seat and thus offer no lumbar support.
- We were the only ones there.AnniversaryGemDined on 2/23/2014We were the only ones there. A shame to waste such a nice setting with good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Appetizers, not for dinnergseymourDined on 1/26/2014I came back to check out the dinner menu after I had been there for appetizers and wine which was very nice. I liked the menu that had "gf" indicated for those needing a gluten free option. I had the shrimp cocktail and the NY steak for dinner. My husband had the fish and chips. My steak was cooked perfectly to a medium but the steak was placed over what I thought were too many potatoes and I was expecting something green since the there wasn't much color to the plate. My husband said the fish was flavored very well as well as the coleslaw. The menu prices I felt was a little too high especially when there's no soup or salad included with the steak dinner whereas there are other locations that do offer this with a lower price.Special Features:
- Best New Years Eve Ever!DavenMarquishaDined on 12/31/2013We were staying at the Double Tree/Hilton for NYE (obviously to check out the new Graton Casino down the block). We have nothing but great things to report on both the hotel, and the restaurant. Our server was very attentive, down home, and accommodating. I had the NY steak, and my wife the bacon wrapped filet mignon, preceded by salads. Now, her bacon was burnt, but the filet was OK. My steak was good, not great, but good. We finished with creme brulee and cheese cake, both were good. As part of our festive acknowledgement of NYE, we had a very good bottle of Korbel sparkling wine. No, Michelin will not be conferring any Stars for the meal. But it was, by far, the best NYE dinner we have had. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xmas dinnerlatteloverDined on 12/25/2013The menu for Christmas had something for everybody. They had 5 selections for the entree so you could have meat, fish or vegetables . My only problem was with the brussel sprouts, great flavor but way underdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room too coldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2013The food was really very good, however, the enjoyment of it was spoiled because the room was too cold even with our coats on. When we mentioned it to the staff we were told that heating system pushed the cold air down from the top so that when it got to floor level it was cold. Wrong answer. Because of the good food, I would recommend this restaurant, but only for summer dining until they get their heating system updated.
- Nice relaxed feel, with plentyRogerDined on 12/8/2013Nice relaxed feel, with plenty of room. Food included an omelette bar, fuits, crepes, pastries and bagels, bacon, sausage, eggs benedict, etc. We enjoyed our brunch with friends and would return! Service was friendly and helpful. We especially enjoyed their private room for dining (seats about 10 at a table in an enclosed room).Special Features:
- lunchSonomadinerDined on 11/13/2013The meal would have been fine but a very large conference let out as we were to be seated and hundreds of people entered the dining area.Special Features:
- Bacchus would be very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2013The obligatory food place in a hotel. We ended up booking this place at the last minute on a Friday night when all the "good" places were booked along 101 south. It is billed as a Bistro Wine Bar. Yes - they did serve wines by the glass but the same list as you would find at any Doubletree in any state. Hotel room service food with an unimaginative wine list - with servers that mean well but have no real training. I normally avoid hotel restaurants - but in California wine country there are many enjoyable "foodie" places co-located in hotel spaces. This is not one of them. It really a shame to waste such a great location.
- TV DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2013Quite possibly the worst $80 meal I have ever had. The hangar steak was more like a salisbury steak TV dinner. The sides were horrible. For a place called Bacchus and located in Sonoma County, the wine list left much to be desired.
- A favoriteMarebear439VIPDined on 8/10/2013We have dined at this restaurant the past few years when visiting Santa Rosa, and it never disappoints. Our server was Jessica and she was very friendly and attentive. My husband had the flatiron steak. It was cooked just as he likes it, and he said was much more flavorful than one he had a week before at a different restaurant. I had the Mediterranean Chicken which was outstanding. I don't normally order chicken when dining out because it is a dish I can fix so easily at home. However, the description on the menu really "grabbed" me so I decided to try it, and I'm so glad I did. It was served with the best couscous I have ever had. It had nuts and bits of fruit in it and was absolutely delicious. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food by the fireOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/16/2013We had a table in front of the fireplace, as it was 60 degrees outside we welcomed the warm glow. The Humus appetizer was a mel in itself! Two flavors and a bowl full of fresh olives - it was dinner nd dessert together. The entrees worth ordering again include the chicken and the salmon. It was crispy nd delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a hotel restaurant.HappygirlVIPDined on 5/31/2013Chose to eat there because we were too tired to venture out. The meal was very nice and service was way above average. Good choice if you just want to stay in. Everyone seemed to be hotel guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewsmelvieVIPDined on 5/18/2013I was cautious due to the reviews that I read before selecting however everything was great, the morning buffet is worth the moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This hotel restaurant insideOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/24/2013This hotel restaurant inside the Doubletree Hotel is not a place for destination dining, but it was friendly, prompt and efficient. Just two miles from the Green Music Center, it is a civilized place to have a meal pre or post performance.
- I live not to far away fromLandoDined on 2/14/2013I live not to far away from the restaruant and drive by it all the time. Food was excellent! Wish I had tried it sooner. My girlfriend and I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Perfectly cooked CaliforniaDmitriDined on 2/9/2013Perfectly cooked California cuisine and terrific, friendly service. Extensive wine list, featuring wines from Sonoma, Napa and Mendocino Counties. There's lots to like about Bacchus.Special Features:
- Very good entrees and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/8/2013Very good entrees and wine list. Desserts were not on par. Not bad, but not nearly up to the quality of the entrees
- Needed a quiet and quick placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/26/2013Needed a quiet and quick place to eat before going to a concert at the Green Music Center. Told the waitress that we had a time crunch, she was very accomodating, kept us informed regarding the timing of the food, and got us our bill immediately. The chopped salad and the prawn cocktail were excellent, my chicken was good, and my husband said his salmon was very good. I would have given 3 1/2 stars for food if able. It was nice and quiet.
- First time to this restaurant.DssacDined on 1/19/2013First time to this restaurant. Salmon and New York steak was wonderful. Good wine list and recommendations of staff. The staff was very attentive and very nice. Would recommend going to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Double your funOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2013A good spot in the vast waste land that is Rohnert Park for people on their way to a performance at the Green Music Center on the SSU campus. It is accessible, has good food at a reasonaable price, and has a friendly wait staff. Bravo !Special Features:
- Close to GMCDianeVIPDined on 1/12/2013A comfortable, cozy restaurant with good food, good service, and close to the new Green Music Center for pre concerts/ or post concerts of the Santa Rosa Symphony.Special Features:
- This restaurant is close toDianeVIPDined on 12/3/2012This restaurant is close to the Sonoma State University campus and the newly opened Green Music Center. The Santa Rosa Symphony concerts are there, so the restaurant is a good choice for a pre-concert dinner.Special Features:
- Maybe an upscale version ofnicbDined on 11/17/2012Maybe an upscale version of Applebees? Service certainly needs more training and improvement. quick lunch..ok... but do you want to pay the price for the quality of food? Food was "good", but overpriced for what we got. Will I go back? nope.Special Features:
- I was hoping it would be aOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/5/2012I was hoping it would be a good place for dinner before going to the new Green Center, but it is your typical not very good and unprofessional service...disappointing, would not go back.
- Not to be missed!Marebear439VIPDined on 8/12/2012We are vacationing and visiting friends in Santa Rosa. We discovered Bacchus when we were here two years ago and it is just as good now as it was on our first visit. Our server, Kyle, was very attentive to our needs and gave us good suggestions. We will definitely come back when we are in this area.Special Features:
- My husband and myself lovedluvmywineDined on 5/27/2012My husband and myself loved everything about our dining experience. We dinned for lunch wich worked out perfect because most of the tourist dine for breakfast and dinner. We were seated in a cozy room with the fireplace going just the two of us! Lunch was excellent starting off with the potato bisque soup,then we had the rueben panini.Great service,food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- GraduationBirthdayboyDined on 5/12/2012We were at Bacchus to celebrate our sons Graduation from Sonoma State. We brought our own bottle of special champaine to celebrate... The waitress was completely inexperienced at poring champaine! She overflowed and spilled champaine onto the table glass after glass, even after we kept cautioning and coaching her to stop befor the foam was at the top of the glass! Frankly, she was sweet, but had no clue as all our faces looked on in horror watching her overflow and spill with every serving.. We expected Bacchus to be busy with over 2000 graduates and parents expected, but it was very empty despite the breakfast buffet being seved. We love coming here for wine and the cheese board after golf, we will be back for appetizers...
- The food was great as wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2012The food was great as was the service, but it took forever to get our order.Special Features:
- Reasonable prices. Not manyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/24/2012Reasonable prices. Not many restaurants n Rohnert Park to choose from.
- We were in a hurry, and justOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2012We were in a hurry, and just quickly had the breakfast buffet. What I had was delicious, but I was there for a very very short stay. The service was great.