409 Atlantic Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11217Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bacchusbistro.com/
- Phone: 7188521572
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Brunch 10:30AM-4:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Sixto Fuentes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Your private event can also be held at Bacchus. Our garden is a perfect setting for weddings. We'll close the entire restaurant if you so desire. Bacchus is a great place to celebrate your anniversary, birthday, Bar Mitzvah, Christening, or any number of special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Bruno Laclide 718-852-1572
- Special Events: All you can eat Mussels every Tuesday night for $14.95 For just $10.95 , enjoy a Delicious burger and a free beer every Wednesday night! Unlimited Champagne drinks with any main course every Saturday & Sunday Brunch for $24.95
A word from Bacchus
Just a few steps from BAM theater, in the heart of Boerum Hill, Bacchus offers authentic French Bistro fare with a flair. We specialized in traditional classic French delicacies such as snails, onion soup, beef cheeks Bourguignon, Skate Fish in lemon Butter Sauce "a la Grenobloise".... A popular neighborhood bistro open daily and serving lunch, brunch and dinner. Enjoy our nightly and delicious $25.00 3-course prix fixe menu with no time restrictions; Our mussels a GOGO (all you can eat!) every Tuesday for only $14.95; Our new tapas menu.. During the summer months, relax in our beautiful garden with an "aperitif" and enjoy our beautiful backyard lounge. We have been also successful at hosting large group private parties. Whether you visit Bacchus for a romantic dinner for two, a fun gathering of friends, or for a special celebration such as a wedding, anniversary, or birthday, Bacchus is sure to uphold its excellent reputation for great food, fine wines, and warm ambience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bacchus - Best Restaurants in Boerum Hill ›
Bacchus reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (32)neighborhood gem (30)romantic (22)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (15)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (12)good for groups (10)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- OK, bad dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Cheap food and nice backyard. The appetizers and entrees were mixed, but none of them were very good. The desserts were very boring.
- Great brunch with friendsStephaleeDined on 10/4/2014Bacchus is a great little spot, located in an area of Brooklyn that doesn't otherwise seem to have too many good brunch spots. But it's more than just brunch. My friends and I tried two different kinds of mussels, garlic and white wine, and mustard, and both were delicious! The free-flowing mimosas with eggs royale was pretty great too. Service is spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- soooooo Romantic!StevieMacVIPDined on 9/24/2014LOVE this place!. I live in Manhattan and this place is like going to France for the weekend! Excellent!Special Features:
- Great brunchJKEWDined on 9/20/2014Menu had so many choices and food was great. Ambience was so lovely and since there was a baby shower going on I can see how the space can be transformed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great backyardDenisVIPDined on 9/12/2014This place is not bad. I can't say I was too thrilled after having lunch there. The food was average,not bad. The service was ok also. The only thing that sets aside all that is the fact that there is a beautiful outdoor space, a "backyard" as I called it. They should work on their lunch menu (not sure about dinner),improve service and expand alcohol beverages choices(not only 3 types of vine and beer). Other than that they are ok. And perhaps, I would try them out for dinner and see if it's any better than lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!BiencuitDined on 9/10/2014A sweet little spot off bustling Atlantic Avenue. Sensational garden in the back! Lovely classic bistro food, nicely prepared and delightful service - a real gem and only a 10 minute walk to BAM.Special Features:
- An Unfortunate BustGLM1Dined on 9/5/2014Food is excellent and the place is beautiful, but the service is HORRENDOUS. Since I'm not allowed an essay due to word count, a list should suffice: 1)30 minutes for bread 2)Offered more wine but never served. 3)Asked for dessert but menu never came. 4)Asked for meal to be packed but never brought. 5)Notified that its my mother's birthday multiple times but was unable to ask for a candle since dessert was never followed thru. 6)Left so long with our entree that our food became cold and too long if we had complaints. 7)Eventually we flagged another waiter who brought us the check and complimentary macarons as compensation. Our waiter never returned, 20 minutes after leaving to get our dessert menus, and we were out the door. Never again.
- Reliably excellentaccipiter17Dined on 8/29/2014I have eaten at Bacchus a few times, and I always leave very eager to return. The dishes are classic, and the execution is ironclad. The space is comfortable, and the staff is courteous. This place is a gem.Special Features:
- QueensBearDined on 8/23/2014Inviting atmosphere, excellent service and good food. It was nice to see the outside dining option was in a back patio rather than on the street. It's within walking distance to Barclay's and even BAM.Special Features:
- Beautiful birthday dinner!Hazel03Dined on 7/21/2014Had a lovely dinner with 6 ppl in the garden. Great food, wine and a magical ambiance! Service was good! After we ate though, we sat for a long time before they checked in on us. And I got 20 mosquito bites on my legs :( they need bug repellant candles or something. Otherwise, it was excellent! I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French in Boerum HillMgpanDined on 7/18/2014This was a very good French restaurant which is just what we wanted on the week of Bastille Day! The food was very good, tasty and we'll made service was decent, not the quickest but we ordered beef dishes so that's expected. Salad was also excellent and fresh. They have a fine vintage wine list that I didn't order from but was impressive. Their regular wine was good. It's authentic and most of the staff there is clearly native French.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moules a Go GoBrooklynFOODguyDined on 7/15/2014I went Tuesday on a date, and it happened to be unlimited mussels night (AKA "Moules a Go Go")! Definitely check that out.The Moules Moutarde, and Marinier were standouts and must try. Great romantic ambience except for a sometimes questionable music selection. Had a wonderful time, well worth a trip over some other bistros in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine?elsabDined on 7/12/2014We ordered 2 glasses of wine, 2 tapas plates and 2 entrees - grilled salmon on bed of julienned vegetables, 2 desserts. While the food was excellent, I was a little disappointed with the amount of wine. The wine was less than a 1/3 of the glass and the glass was not large. Also the woman behind the bar was also maitre d' as well as bartender. When we walked in, it was a bit confusing and had to get the bartender's attention that we had a reservation.Special Features:
- Our favorite spotTrvl2eatVIPDined on 7/2/2014This is our favorite neighborhood spot. Always a great time with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 424 reviews are from the Bacchus reviews archive.
- Very good except in hot weatherBillVIPDined on 6/17/2014On our visit to Bacchus, we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent. We enjoyed the house special salad and both of us found the fish entrees to be first rate. The only negative is that Bacchus is not air conditioned and it was a very hot evening when we visited. We sat outside in the garden - a very nice setting that would have been more enjoyable if the temperature was about 15 degrees cooler. Overall, a very good restaurant with very good food.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinneroutstandingVIPDined on 6/8/2014The foie gras is home made and excellent. Creative French menu and wonderfully prepared. Service was sometimes a little slow. Nice and large patio. A fantastic restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014I think there was an event in the back, because our service was totally scattered and slow. Never had a consistent waiter, sat for 20 minutes before the busboy took our order on the fly. Everyone was friendly, we just felt ignored. Food was great, though, as usual.
- Lovely pre-BAM dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2014This is a great spot for a quick dinner outdoors before heading to BAM for a show. The service is speedy and the wine list extensive :-)Special Features:
- Great Dinner for 7!Becca0581Dined on 5/24/2014I dined the other night with a group of my girlfriends. We all loved our meals, and the gnocchi that I had was exceptional. Very affordable for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little harried on a holidaybklyndinerDined on 5/11/2014Bacchus is a family favorite and a natural choice for Mother's Day. Unfortunately, with a party booked in the main space, diners were sated in the ice cream parlor and cafe, a poor substitution in abiance and surrondings. The staff was harried and started out a bit on the rude side, but things settled in by the end. Kitchen was also running behind and it felt as though some dishes didn't get the attention they usually get in this establishment.
- Absolutely love this bistro!MeliReleveDined on 5/4/2014We've been going to Bacchus for over a year now. Last year we decided to make it the location for our June wedding. It was beyond amazing! The staff are all incredibly accommodating and go the extra mile for you. And more importantly, the food is outstanding! I highly recommend Bacchus! Great atmosphere, day or night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014The main thing that let this place down was the food. Mussels some of the most average you could hope to experience. Fish was good, steak was an abortion.Special Features:
- ResidentVIPDined on 4/26/2014Crowded, close tables; average food; rushed wait staff; limited drink menu. Good, for the neighborhood it's in.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Brooklyn BistroNowhereSomewhereDined on 4/25/2014My wife and 10 year old son went to Bacchus for an early 545 dinner prior to seeing King Lear at the Polanski Shakespeare Theatre. The restaurant is close to the Nevins subway and Atlantic Avenue. The strength of the bistro was the overall ambience and fun, friendly service. They have a lovely private patio in the back. I appreciated the fact that it was family friendly. Bacchus has an extensive wine list though it sells no spirits. The food was underwhelming however. The escargot were ruined by being overcooked and were flavourless having being cooked in olive oil. Steamed vegetables were also overcooked. I had a nice piece of trout, though not of spectacular flavour. All in all, I would go again.Special Features:
- spidermanDined on 4/20/2014Conveniently located in relation to Routlette (a performance venue that is located a few blocks down the street on Atlantic Ave.).Special Features:
- Great Tapas & Hors D'oeuvresBacchusTapasDined on 4/19/2014Fabulous bread! Rock solid butter, which in our family is a bonus, but some people might like to spread their butter, not eat it like cheese (they don't know what they are missing!). Started with Prunes Wrapped in Bacon and Rilettes de Canard Maison, both were excellent. My entrée was great, seared salmon over julienned veggies in a saffron broth. My son was disappointed with his half roast chicken, too dry. My other son ordered a burger medium rare, but it arrived medium well. Moving on, we ordered desserts and coffee, all of which were to die for! We are not wine drinkers, but the wine menu was extensive. The backyard was lovely and beckons long afternoons sipping wine and working your way through the tapas offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaVIPDined on 4/16/2014pleasant restaurant for quiet lunch. Lovely patio too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above average French fareChrisDined on 4/5/2014Very solid French bistro. I've been here several times and it's always fantastic.Special Features:
- Perhaps the best value in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/5/2014Every course is not just solid French bistro food, but very, very good French bistro food. And then to get a three-course meal for $28, no matter what day of the week it is -- where no course feels like a skimpy portion or like you get to pick only from the "boring chicken" part of the menu -- is just about unheard of. The food and prices are more than enough for me to forgive hiccups in the service -- I've noticed that when you're seated in the cafe area, the wait staff are less attentive than when you sit in the main dining area. (The menu offered, at least at dinnertime, is the same.) Entrees weren't delivered together, we waited quite a while for our order to be taken, etc. But for three incredibly delicious courses for $28...forgiven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly spot in cultural BrooklynL0la132VIPDined on 4/3/2014We went to Bacchus for a quick pre-performance supper. The welcome was warm and the menu traditional French bistro. There were several choices, including mussels and steak, both with frites. The food we ordered was nothing special but it was promptly served by a very enthusiastic and fun waitress, and the wine was good. We would go back again as part of another evening at BAM or another neighborhood performance venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable French Food!GindyRDined on 4/2/2014This is a rediscovered neighborhood gem. They seemed to have improved their menu since we used to frequent it a few years back. Service is always friendly and the scene is cool but comfortable. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedDoreenVIPDined on 3/26/2014I've been to Bacchus many times but this was a very disappointing visit. My friend's mushroom soup had a strange taste. Couldn't finish it. My julienne vegetables were too soft. Salmon was just okay. Perhaps the chef was off on Wednesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2014I have dined here a few times and it is always good. The staff is attentive even when busy. Mussels are good. Prix fixe is a bargain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb French foodipushthebuttonsDined on 3/23/2014A friend and I happened upon this restaurant in December and have been hooked ever since. Both dinner and brunch are amazing and well priced. Service is always very nice and laid back. Boyfriend and I went here on Valentine's Day and it was one of the best meals we have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here may times and alwaysKimBDined on 3/23/2014Been here may times and always love their generously-portioned meals. Best Prix Fixe in town; delicious brunch. Service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA VIE BOHEMELOVEMEDined on 3/21/2014The place had a great ambiance. The Prix Fixe menu was just hat the doctor ordered. Go back for a nice romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The prix fix menu was fineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/20/2014The prix fix menu was fine with good choices. I had a great time except for a loud table of teachers next to us who were most annoying.Special Features:
- great choice for pre-BAM brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014My friend and I went there for brunch before a Saturday matinee at BAM. The back dining room is charming-rustic--there's a lovely garden in back, with big windows looking out, so even on a wintry March day it's sunny and cheerful. We chose salads, which were good but nothing special, but the heartier brunch dishes at neighboring tables (eggs benedict, French toast) looked scrumptious--I will have to come back when I'm hungrier! A large party made it impossible to hear, but it did make for a festive atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming French RestaurantBostonTravelLadyVIPDined on 3/12/2014We ate at Bacchus before going to a play at BAM which was only 6 blocks away. The restaurant was very quiet but had very good food. We sat in the back near the big windiws that show a very nice looking patio. They have a pre fixe for $28 that offers a variety of their regular items. My husband ordered the salmon on the fixed menu which he said was delicious, my daughter ordered the specials - endive salad and lamb, and I tried a goat cheese and artichoke appetizer. All was very nicely prepared. The chocolate dessert with organic ice cream was wonderful. The server was very nice ans sang a happy birthday to our daughter , bringing out the lighted dessert.Special Features:
- Brunch for 7drfurferoDined on 3/9/2014I took my family of 7 for a joint birthday party (son, daughter, and son-in-law) brunch. We enjoyed an assortment of foods from cheeseburger to Croque Monsieur sans jambon to salads with grilled chicken and quiches. A few gasses of Cote du Rhone wine finished off the brunch with flair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.