409 Atlantic Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11217Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bacchusbistro.com/
- Phone: 7188521572
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Brunch 10:30AM-4:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Sixto Fuentes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Your private event can also be held at Bacchus. Our garden is a perfect setting for weddings. We'll close the entire restaurant if you so desire. Bacchus is a great place to celebrate your anniversary, birthday, Bar Mitzvah, Christening, or any number of special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Bruno Laclide 718-852-1572
- Special Events: All you can eat Mussels every Tuesday night for $14.95 For just $10.95 , enjoy a Delicious burger and a free beer every Wednesday night! Unlimited Champagne drinks with any main course every Saturday & Sunday Brunch for $24.95
A word from Bacchus
Just a few steps from BAM theater, in the heart of Boerum Hill, Bacchus offers authentic French Bistro fare with a flair. We specialized in traditional classic French delicacies such as snails, onion soup, beef cheeks Bourguignon, Skate Fish in lemon Butter Sauce "a la Grenobloise".... A popular neighborhood bistro open daily and serving lunch, brunch and dinner. Enjoy our nightly and delicious $25.00 3-course prix fixe menu with no time restrictions; Our mussels a GOGO (all you can eat!) every Tuesday for only $14.95; Our new tapas menu.. During the summer months, relax in our beautiful garden with an "aperitif" and enjoy our beautiful backyard lounge. We have been also successful at hosting large group private parties. Whether you visit Bacchus for a romantic dinner for two, a fun gathering of friends, or for a special celebration such as a wedding, anniversary, or birthday, Bacchus is sure to uphold its excellent reputation for great food, fine wines, and warm ambience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bacchus - Best Restaurants in Boerum Hill ›
Bacchus reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (32)neighborhood gem (29)romantic (21)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (15)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (8)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- QueensBearDined on 8/23/2014Inviting atmosphere, excellent service and good food. It was nice to see the outside dining option was in a back patio rather than on the street. It's within walking distance to Barclay's and even BAM.Special Features:
- Beautiful birthday dinner!Hazel03Dined on 7/21/2014Had a lovely dinner with 6 ppl in the garden. Great food, wine and a magical ambiance! Service was good! After we ate though, we sat for a long time before they checked in on us. And I got 20 mosquito bites on my legs :( they need bug repellant candles or something. Otherwise, it was excellent! I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French in Boerum HillMgpanDined on 7/18/2014This was a very good French restaurant which is just what we wanted on the week of Bastille Day! The food was very good, tasty and we'll made service was decent, not the quickest but we ordered beef dishes so that's expected. Salad was also excellent and fresh. They have a fine vintage wine list that I didn't order from but was impressive. Their regular wine was good. It's authentic and most of the staff there is clearly native French.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moules a Go GoBrooklynFOODguyDined on 7/15/2014I went Tuesday on a date, and it happened to be unlimited mussels night (AKA "Moules a Go Go")! Definitely check that out.The Moules Moutarde, and Marinier were standouts and must try. Great romantic ambience except for a sometimes questionable music selection. Had a wonderful time, well worth a trip over some other bistros in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine?elsabDined on 7/12/2014We ordered 2 glasses of wine, 2 tapas plates and 2 entrees - grilled salmon on bed of julienned vegetables, 2 desserts. While the food was excellent, I was a little disappointed with the amount of wine. The wine was less than a 1/3 of the glass and the glass was not large. Also the woman behind the bar was also maitre d' as well as bartender. When we walked in, it was a bit confusing and had to get the bartender's attention that we had a reservation.Special Features:
- Our favorite spotTrvl2eatDined on 7/2/2014This is our favorite neighborhood spot. Always a great time with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good except in hot weatherBillDined on 6/17/2014On our visit to Bacchus, we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent. We enjoyed the house special salad and both of us found the fish entrees to be first rate. The only negative is that Bacchus is not air conditioned and it was a very hot evening when we visited. We sat outside in the garden - a very nice setting that would have been more enjoyable if the temperature was about 15 degrees cooler. Overall, a very good restaurant with very good food.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinneroutstandingDined on 6/8/2014The foie gras is home made and excellent. Creative French menu and wonderfully prepared. Service was sometimes a little slow. Nice and large patio. A fantastic restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I think there was an event in the back, because our service was totally scattered and slow. Never had a consistent waiter, sat for 20 minutes before the busboy took our order on the fly. Everyone was friendly, we just felt ignored. Food was great, though, as usual.
- Lovely pre-BAM dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014This is a great spot for a quick dinner outdoors before heading to BAM for a show. The service is speedy and the wine list extensive :-)Special Features:
- Great Dinner for 7!Becca0581Dined on 5/24/2014I dined the other night with a group of my girlfriends. We all loved our meals, and the gnocchi that I had was exceptional. Very affordable for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little harried on a holidaybklyndinerDined on 5/11/2014Bacchus is a family favorite and a natural choice for Mother's Day. Unfortunately, with a party booked in the main space, diners were sated in the ice cream parlor and cafe, a poor substitution in abiance and surrondings. The staff was harried and started out a bit on the rude side, but things settled in by the end. Kitchen was also running behind and it felt as though some dishes didn't get the attention they usually get in this establishment.
- Absolutely love this bistro!MeliReleveDined on 5/4/2014We've been going to Bacchus for over a year now. Last year we decided to make it the location for our June wedding. It was beyond amazing! The staff are all incredibly accommodating and go the extra mile for you. And more importantly, the food is outstanding! I highly recommend Bacchus! Great atmosphere, day or night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The main thing that let this place down was the food. Mussels some of the most average you could hope to experience. Fish was good, steak was an abortion.Special Features:
- The following 416 reviews are from the Bacchus reviews archive.
- ResidentDined on 4/26/2014Crowded, close tables; average food; rushed wait staff; limited drink menu. Good, for the neighborhood it's in.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Brooklyn BistroNowhereSomewhereDined on 4/25/2014My wife and 10 year old son went to Bacchus for an early 545 dinner prior to seeing King Lear at the Polanski Shakespeare Theatre. The restaurant is close to the Nevins subway and Atlantic Avenue. The strength of the bistro was the overall ambience and fun, friendly service. They have a lovely private patio in the back. I appreciated the fact that it was family friendly. Bacchus has an extensive wine list though it sells no spirits. The food was underwhelming however. The escargot were ruined by being overcooked and were flavourless having being cooked in olive oil. Steamed vegetables were also overcooked. I had a nice piece of trout, though not of spectacular flavour. All in all, I would go again.Special Features:
- spidermanDined on 4/20/2014Conveniently located in relation to Routlette (a performance venue that is located a few blocks down the street on Atlantic Ave.).Special Features:
- Great Tapas & Hors D'oeuvresBacchusTapasDined on 4/19/2014Fabulous bread! Rock solid butter, which in our family is a bonus, but some people might like to spread their butter, not eat it like cheese (they don't know what they are missing!). Started with Prunes Wrapped in Bacon and Rilettes de Canard Maison, both were excellent. My entrée was great, seared salmon over julienned veggies in a saffron broth. My son was disappointed with his half roast chicken, too dry. My other son ordered a burger medium rare, but it arrived medium well. Moving on, we ordered desserts and coffee, all of which were to die for! We are not wine drinkers, but the wine menu was extensive. The backyard was lovely and beckons long afternoons sipping wine and working your way through the tapas offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaDined on 4/16/2014pleasant restaurant for quiet lunch. Lovely patio too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above average French fareChrisDined on 4/5/2014Very solid French bistro. I've been here several times and it's always fantastic.Special Features:
- Perhaps the best value in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Every course is not just solid French bistro food, but very, very good French bistro food. And then to get a three-course meal for $28, no matter what day of the week it is -- where no course feels like a skimpy portion or like you get to pick only from the "boring chicken" part of the menu -- is just about unheard of. The food and prices are more than enough for me to forgive hiccups in the service -- I've noticed that when you're seated in the cafe area, the wait staff are less attentive than when you sit in the main dining area. (The menu offered, at least at dinnertime, is the same.) Entrees weren't delivered together, we waited quite a while for our order to be taken, etc. But for three incredibly delicious courses for $28...forgiven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly spot in cultural BrooklynL0la132Dined on 4/3/2014We went to Bacchus for a quick pre-performance supper. The welcome was warm and the menu traditional French bistro. There were several choices, including mussels and steak, both with frites. The food we ordered was nothing special but it was promptly served by a very enthusiastic and fun waitress, and the wine was good. We would go back again as part of another evening at BAM or another neighborhood performance venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable French Food!GindyRDined on 4/2/2014This is a rediscovered neighborhood gem. They seemed to have improved their menu since we used to frequent it a few years back. Service is always friendly and the scene is cool but comfortable. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedDoreenDined on 3/26/2014I've been to Bacchus many times but this was a very disappointing visit. My friend's mushroom soup had a strange taste. Couldn't finish it. My julienne vegetables were too soft. Salmon was just okay. Perhaps the chef was off on Wednesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014I have dined here a few times and it is always good. The staff is attentive even when busy. Mussels are good. Prix fixe is a bargain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb French foodipushthebuttonsDined on 3/23/2014A friend and I happened upon this restaurant in December and have been hooked ever since. Both dinner and brunch are amazing and well priced. Service is always very nice and laid back. Boyfriend and I went here on Valentine's Day and it was one of the best meals we have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here may times and alwaysKimBDined on 3/23/2014Been here may times and always love their generously-portioned meals. Best Prix Fixe in town; delicious brunch. Service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA VIE BOHEMELOVEMEDined on 3/21/2014The place had a great ambiance. The Prix Fixe menu was just hat the doctor ordered. Go back for a nice romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The prix fix menu was fineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014The prix fix menu was fine with good choices. I had a great time except for a loud table of teachers next to us who were most annoying.Special Features:
- great choice for pre-BAM brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014My friend and I went there for brunch before a Saturday matinee at BAM. The back dining room is charming-rustic--there's a lovely garden in back, with big windows looking out, so even on a wintry March day it's sunny and cheerful. We chose salads, which were good but nothing special, but the heartier brunch dishes at neighboring tables (eggs benedict, French toast) looked scrumptious--I will have to come back when I'm hungrier! A large party made it impossible to hear, but it did make for a festive atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming French RestaurantBostonTravelLadyDined on 3/12/2014We ate at Bacchus before going to a play at BAM which was only 6 blocks away. The restaurant was very quiet but had very good food. We sat in the back near the big windiws that show a very nice looking patio. They have a pre fixe for $28 that offers a variety of their regular items. My husband ordered the salmon on the fixed menu which he said was delicious, my daughter ordered the specials - endive salad and lamb, and I tried a goat cheese and artichoke appetizer. All was very nicely prepared. The chocolate dessert with organic ice cream was wonderful. The server was very nice ans sang a happy birthday to our daughter , bringing out the lighted dessert.Special Features:
- Brunch for 7drfurferoDined on 3/9/2014I took my family of 7 for a joint birthday party (son, daughter, and son-in-law) brunch. We enjoyed an assortment of foods from cheeseburger to Croque Monsieur sans jambon to salads with grilled chicken and quiches. A few gasses of Cote du Rhone wine finished off the brunch with flair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy, no liquor license,swamiDined on 3/9/2014Very noisy, no liquor license, only wine and beer food was adequate nothing specialSpecial Features:
- The food was great - crabcakesBacchusDined on 3/7/2014The food was great - crabcakes and steak frites. They just took forever to seat us. I will be going back and hoping for better service.Special Features:
- Great spot near Barclay Centerkirstenb21Dined on 3/7/2014Wonderful French restaurant with yummy mussels and great wine list. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great pre-show spotlogoleptDined on 2/28/2014If you're visiting BAM for an evening show, this is a great nearby restaurant that has a lovely prix fixe for $28. The escargot in star anise butter is lovely; don't forget to sop up all of the delicious butter with the complementary bread! The pork belly was more rich and fatty than I could handle, but it was very tasty. The apple tarte tatin lacked a bit in flavor, but was pleasant nonetheless. The waitress was helpful when choosing a wine and was very friendly overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurant, food wasmpasiDined on 2/23/2014nice restaurant, food was great and service was excellent; the fixed- price menu was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, Busy, Amazing FoodFlorrieDined on 2/15/2014We had to wait about 15 minutes despite the opentable reservation. Honestly, this didn't bother us too much, since it was obvious the waitstaff was as on top of things as they could be. The real excitement about this place is the food. We had one of the best crab cakes I've ever had for an appetizer. My fiance had a filet mignon which was both huge and absolutely perfectly seasoned/cooked (I should note he asked for medium, it was a true medium rare, but it probably tasted better that way anyway). I had chilean seabass that had a perfect sear and was nice and soft/flaky on the inside. Just delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Spot for a date.SimplyKesDined on 2/14/2014Good Food, Very very good service. Definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Valentine's DaykelliDined on 2/14/2014We had a few traveling hiccups, which affected our Valentine's Day reservation at Bacchus. We booked a reservation a week in advance for the 5 course prix fixe V Day menu + champagne, I had my flight cancelled the day before, so we cancelled the reservation. But then I got another flight for the next day (Valentine's Day), but it didn't land until late. My boyfriend asked if the restaurant would do all 5 courses to go for us… they said yes!!! Amazing. Luckily, I ended up getting an earlier flight, reinstating the reservation only 2 hours before we showed up, and it was absolutely no problem. The staff was so accommodating. Plus it wasn't like the restaurant was empty. The entire course was such a great value--delicious food, good drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.