Bacchus Bar and Bistro
6735 Quail Hill Pkwy
Irvine, CA 92603Neighborhood:
Wine BarPrice: $30 and under
Bacchus Bar and Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bacchusbarandbistro.com/
- Phone: (949) 502-4600
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Thursday & Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Charity Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. We offer Contemporary, Classic Rock, Blues and R&B artists.
A word from Bacchus Bar and Bistro
Hidden away in the Quail Hill Shopping Center is a hip neighborhood bar and bistro with an incredible wine shop, a warm and knowledgeable staff and live music. A place you want to bring family and friends to just hang out and celebrate life, nothing pretentious just affordable wine and great food. Bacchus offers over 400 different wines and 30 beers including draft brews. Their certified Sommelier, has a hunger to find the most amazing wines at affordable prices to complement Chef Charity's eclectic cuisine. With a small but ambitious kitchen,Chef creates food that is familiar yet current,and with her experience cooking for some of Orange Counties top restaurants, such as Aubergine, Sapphire Laguna, and Patina's Tangata, she has been influenced by the best. Fresh ingredients, along with her love of wine, she selects dishes that are a perfect complement to their incredible cellar selections. Her menu also includes a large Cheese and Charcuterie menuContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bacchus Bar and Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great music, good food and a fun evening!SusanBDined on 11/22/2014Looking for something different? This place offers a place to enjoy a number of wines, share appetizers and snall plates and an opportuity to hear some great music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time and wasn't disapointedMarzracergirlDined on 10/29/2014Cam here about a month ago for the first time, had some co-workers in town and went back. Nice to say the experience was just as great as the first time. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Food is fantastic, had some cheeses and a couple of flat breads...next time will try to save room for dessert as they looked great. Can't wait to come back again.Special Features:
- The following 33 reviews are from the Bacchus Bar and Bistro reviews archive.
- Live Music Thu - SatLuvFoodDined on 7/25/2014Wife and I were looking for a local place with live music and we found a place within 5 miles that we had no idea was there. Great selection of wines and cheesesSpecial Features:
- Great findLizzyDined on 7/12/2014Was searching for a place central for my friend's birthday and couldnt have found a better place. Its in a shopping center so plenty of parking. Ordered the cheese plate, pork belly tacos, mozzarella pizza, goat cheese panna cotta. Loved the tacos the best. For drinks I had the chardonnay flight and it was good. Would definitely come back, they also had live music which started at 730 pm. It was more of R&B jazz than jazz but I liked it!Special Features:
- Delightful !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We really enjoyed the live music on Friday night. Cozy hideaway great staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine - musicBacchusPlaceDined on 6/12/2014I have enjoy Bacchus Bistro a number of times. What attracted to this place initially was the live music. There are not all that many places on South OC that have good music. This place does - Thurs- Sat. I have seen several people there that I've heard before and discovered a number of others. To go along with that, very nice wine selection and some choice entrees, starters and cheese selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EGHoopEGHoopDined on 5/31/2014I was pleasantly surprised at the restaurant. It was my first visit. I only went to see the guitar player. However, the service was top notch, excellent food, and I will come back. I had the arugula salad, flatbread pizza, mixed nuts and two glasses of white wine that the server recommended...all delicious! And the guitar player never disappoints!!!Special Features:
- very nice local pubFoodieVIPDined on 5/12/2014This is a nice wine bar and store, good to meet people after work or friends for wine and lite dining. Wine selection is upscale for the area and the food is fresh and goodSpecial Features:
- Saving for another occasion!artfulDined on 4/18/2014We were set on a quiet dinner and did not anticipate the crowd and the small selection of dinner items. However, it was nice to see the atmosphere and will return for a different kind of afternoon/evening!Special Features:
- Service Very PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/21/2014Only 1 server for whole restaurant. Food was cold. Refills of water didn't exist. Worst of all, a 6oz pour is only 4oz. We had 4 glasses of wine from the same bottle and she was still serving from the same bottle. So, be careful!!!!! We didn't appreciate the dishonesty.Special Features:
- Hidden Gembj414Dined on 3/8/2014Tried this hidden gem in Irvine for an escape from a tough workday. Extensive wine list at fairly reasonable prices. Excellent build-your-own cheese board for starters. The lobster grilled cheese sandwich was delicious. We'll definitely be heading back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Wine, Great MusicmcpenywiseDined on 2/28/2014This was the second time my wife & I had gone to Bacchus. We enjoyed ourselves so much the first time, it was a no-brainer to head over there again.Their meat & cheese menu is amazing, everything they have on it is mouth-watering if you're a cheese lover. Their wine list is very comprehensive, one of the only places with more than 2 or 3 Syrahs to select from, which is nice. I've seen some complaints about slow service, but my wife and I rather enjoyed not being hassled by the wait staff every few minutes, reminded us of our time in Italy. We spent a few hours there and didn't even realize it, which to me is a mark of a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Service was great. Food was excellent. Liked the bar and loved the beer tasting. Great place for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BacchuslovenewplacesDined on 2/14/2014It's a place that doesn't serve dinner regularly so we should have not booked reservations for Valentine's day there. The service was bad, the food was just ok. I have never had filet mignon and the wait staff didn't ask how you would like it prepared. I was told that all the meat was being served medium rare unless we wanted something different. They don't have diet coke only regular coke and they don't carry any non-alcoholic beers . My boyfriend doesn't drink so that was disappointing as well. It was a very disappointing dinner overall.
- Eat before you goLisaVIPDined on 1/24/2014Make sure you have something substantial to eat before you go. It's a wine bar first and if it's crowded the servers warn the kitchen could be slow and they were right. Stick with a cheese plate to enhance the wines and maybe something sweet and you'll have a great evening. We were lucky to have booked with OpenTable.com and were seated while others were told of long waits, or not seated at all due to the large Friday night crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came to listen to the liveweluvwineDined on 1/17/2014We came to listen to the live music they had that night and have some dinner, but our experience was spoiled by the lack of service. We came in and were seated right away and our first order of wine and cheese was taken fast. Then our waitress hardly returned. It took probably 30 minutes of just sitting there to ask for more bread for our cheese and I kid you not, another 15 to just bring it out to us. We were planning on having dinner here but because of the horrible service we left and ate somewhere else. Once we left, we looked at the clock and realized we had been there for an hour and a half, only getting service for our first appetizer order. If it wasn't for the live music distracting us, I would have been much more upset.
- Wine SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014The wines in the restaurant gives are plentiful. The flight of Italian wines they suggested and which I ordered (three 2.5 oz for $22) were very disappointing. I could hardly drink them. So sad. The live music was too loud for a wine bar. Otherwise, this place can be a real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Spiritstual!!RestaurantCriticVIPDined on 1/7/2014Food items are limited, but if you are into drinking(unfortunately I am not) sky is the limit!! It is a prime spot for having great burgers or even veggie burgers located at the heart of Quail Hill shopping center. We went there at the lunch time and it was quiet, (but I heard they have live band at nights). Service was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Plain CooltcmoccaDined on 12/20/2013Bacchus, has the old-school wine bar vibe. Not pretentious. Just fun. Great ambience, and featured live music. Noise level was ok. No need to talk over the music. Service was exemplary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little gem in IrvineMrsClooneyDined on 12/18/2013Very nice atmosphere off of the 405 freeway. Great wine selection and very knowledgable staff. Try the tapas. Wonderful cheese selection and bread. Wine flight Wednesday for $20. Generous pours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine and musicaustincapitalDined on 11/2/2013We had a great night at Bacchus Secret Cellar. There was live music and a relexed atmosphere. I would go back again anytime!Special Features:
- Good ambience...JCFoodloverVIPDined on 10/11/2013Well decorated and friendly staff. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine & appetizers!DrtySnchzDined on 10/4/2013Wine flights were good with good sized pours. Cheeseboard, meatballs and flatbreads were delicious. Nice ambience/atmosphere. Our server didn't seem very knowledgeable about wine as she didn't explain any of the wines we were having or really couldn't make any suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable mealMikeDined on 9/21/2013The cheese and bread offerings and wine flights made for a wonderful meal. Although the outside seating was somewhat uncomfortable, after the delicious cheese and wine settled in, we stopped noticing the cold, hard metal chairs we were seated on. The cheeses were very delicious and in relatively generous portions. We could have used more than 4 grapes as the fruit accompaniment. And the half-inch piece of fruit jelly was too small to even tell what it was. The fig and olive breads were wonderfully toasted - a nice touch. The red wine flight was an interesting mix that allowed us to identify an excellent pinot noir that worked well with the cheeses and created a relaxing atmosphere to experience the warm evening. A very enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very quaint atmosphereRaineyDined on 8/23/2013the ambiance was so fantastic! The bartender Scott was very knowledgeable about the wines and recommended a various selection. We found the one we really liked and got a bottle. We ordered cheese and crackers. A nice wooden tray of 3 cheeses, French bread and fig jam. A wonderful combination. The music was very nice. A trio of musicians and the one woman sang beautifully. Not overpowering but serene low music where you can still have a conversation and listen to the music. I will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningFamdinnerDined on 8/10/2013We loved our wine, the burgers and the lobster & chorizo appetizer. Our friend was playing an accoustic set of blues that night which was excellent! Our group of 5 had a great time and we felt very welcome and relaxed.Special Features:
- Service wasn't that great,2dieforVIPDined on 8/9/2013Service wasn't that great, friendly server but we weren't checked on often enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!FishandchipsVIPDined on 8/2/2013I have nothing but good things to say about this place. Only improvement they can make is to speed up the cooking process. It takes a long time to get food on a table. I did not mind because I was enjoying a good glass of wine and conversation with my friends. But if you are hungry, you will have a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!FishandchipsVIPDined on 7/19/2013My first experience here was excellent. I had a lamb burger which was super delicious! The live music was perfect, not too loud so we did not have to yell at each other. The singer was really good and I enjoyed the music. The service was great, everyone was very friendly. I will definitely go back very soon!Special Features:
- Birthday SurpriseMaryandGaryDined on 7/6/2013Celebrated a birthday at Bacchus Secret Cellar for a special treat. Wine tasting selection was excellent. Ordered cheese selection and bread, also excellent. Ordered dinner - lamb burger and chef special salad with grilled shrimp. The band and singer were enjoyable to hear. We thoroughly enjoyed the entire evening! Great place! Our first time there and we definitely plan to return!Special Features:
- Service was subparkaceehamDined on 6/8/2013I went to Bacchus this weekend with a few friends to enjoy some wine, we were very disappointed by the service. It was extremely slow (to the point we had to get up and go order our own glass of wine at the bar) and the waiter didn't really know much about the wines he was serving. He fumbled quite a bit and when two of the members of my party didn't like the same wine in their flights, he had nothing to say, no suggestions no descriptions of perhaps why it might have been different. The cheese, meats, condiments and nuts we selected were quite good, so that was the one highlight. The music was also pleasant, very relaxing and not too loud. Overall, I will probably look for another wine bar instead of going back to Bacchus anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine, Cheese and MusicYiayiaDined on 6/7/2013We enjoyed excellent wines and a lovely cheese and olive bread appetizer plate. We arrived after the dinner hour and thoroughly enjoyed the musical duo.....Roland and Adriane. We will definitely go back to this little wine bar tucked in the corner of a newer market, restaurant and bank area.Special Features:
- Oliver75floresDined on 4/30/2013Oliver our service was very knowledgeable with wine list and food optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gem in orange countyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/20/2013I really liked this place! A little different from the usual OC bar and restaurant. Nice live music and very good food. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- My husband & myself had aOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/4/2013My husband & myself had a lovely bottle of wine, the cheese selection was great & the date with goats cheese appetizer is lush. The two peice band that was playing was a nice background distraction & created a cool ambiance. My only critizizme would be that I found the air conditioning to cold. I would suggest grab your jacket & try this lettle gem of a place for yourself.Special Features: