Bacchus - A Bartolotta Restaurant
925 E. Wells Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Bacchus - A Bartolotta Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bacchusmke.com/
- Phone: 4147651166
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: Open for select special occasions and available for private events
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Siegel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Options Available
- Private Party Contact: Tricia Smith 4147651166
A word from Bacchus - A Bartolotta Restaurant
Bacchus offers contemporary American cuisine in a stylish, modern and sleek setting overlooking Lake Michigan in downtown Milwaukee. Boasting one of the city's most extensive wine lists and a menu that features seasonal, local ingredients, Bacchus is overseen by James Beard Award-winning chef Adam Siegel. Several private rooms, including a beautiful glass-enclosed conservatory, are available for business and social occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bacchus - A Bartolotta Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Bacchus - A Bartolotta Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (67)notable wine list (67)fit for foodies (65)scenic view (27)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- One of Milwaukee's BestJRPfeffVIPDined on 8/30/2014We cycle through the Bartolotta restaurants for special occasion dinners. It had been a while since going to Bacchus. Our meal was absolutely great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodycook4Dined on 8/28/2014We always know that we will get an excellent meal when we go to Bacchus and this visit was no different. The porterhouse for 2 was outstanding! Our servers were very attentive. It was a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacchus first timersurbandinerDined on 8/22/2014Dinner was delicious. Our filets were perfectly cooked. The atmosphere was calm and not rushed. At the end of our dinner, our server brought a special desert for our daughter's celebration which was a nice personal touch. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my Birthday at BacchushvfunwithgrandsonDined on 8/16/2014My grandson & I make Bacchus our special place. He loves their chicken and compares other restaurant's preparation to Bacchus and they never measure up!! He also recommends their gingerale......its "homemade" and he test the wait staff to see if his glass is kept full. Again they didn't disappoint.Special Features:
- Perfect for a special occasionfoodconnoisseurDined on 8/14/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. There are many wonderful dining choices in Milwaukee and this one is tops so far for us. The service and food were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinalflingDined on 8/9/2014Bacchus is a delightful restaurant in a lovely building near Lake Michigan. The beautiful wood bar is separate from the restaurant area so any noise from it does not affect the dining room. Food is well prepared and presented. There is a tasting and pairing menu if one chooses it -- very well done. The menu is nicely balanced and the food is delicious. The wait staff is very efficient and friendly and the manager checks each table to see that everything is going well. (He must put 100 miles on his shoes every night!!) This is a well managed and very tasty restaurant. Everything is done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JcvbearDined on 8/9/2014We went here for our wedding anniversary. Service was so nice, we were treated attentively. We chose the chef's tasting menu with wine pairings. It was fantastic and we were happy with our choice. When we go back though, it would be with a group of friends. We do not care for the seating, where one person sits against the wall on a bench and the other sits across the table in a chair, all in a row with the other diners. It does not make for a romantic meal when you feel as though you are sharing such close space with the diners next to you. We could hear their whole conversation and so had more difficulty having one of our own. It was the only downside to this fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Placejaminb236Dined on 8/9/2014Restaurant was very nice and appealing to the eye, staff was very kind and patient. Food left a bit to be desired for the price, but still good.Special Features:
- As always, fantasticJodyDined on 8/9/2014Since first going to Bacchus, we've found the food extraordinary, the service fantastic, the wine list and dessert excellent. We love the ambience, no matter what season. We will continue to return to Bacchus as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MKEdinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014Went to Baachus on a beautiful summer night so take advantage of their charming patio with a great view of Lake Michigan. Service was outstanding, as always. The scallops and the veal chop were both delicious. Very nice wine by the glass choices. Perfect little dinner for two on a schools night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for vegetarians, too!PhinsterDined on 8/1/2014Wonderfully unexpected vegetarian menu! The caramelized cauliflower was absolutely delicious and just the right helping size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal and ServiceKevinDined on 7/26/20144 of us had the summer 6 course tasting menu and it was fantastic. Gazpacho, Salmon Mousse, Scallops, Pork Belly, Rib eye, and finally a Coconut Sorbet with a Mango gellee(sp). Each course was a pleasant surprise and each was perfectly prepared and presented. I only wish I had the memory and the ability to give each course the description and detail they deserve. The restaurant is understated elegance and the servers were impeccable. Although I do not partake….a friend said the wine list was amazing. Was not an inexpensive experience but if I could I would do it again and again. I have done tastings in the past and love trying things that I may not normally order because I havn't tried them before.Special Features:
- Best I had in twon!JahensonDined on 7/21/2014I was in town for the northwestern mutual annual meeting. Best meal of the week. I will be thinking about it for a long time! Excellent staff and outstanding wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu has changedTobbaVIPDined on 7/19/2014The menu has changed since we last dined. They have many more small plates and it seems less entrée choices than I remember. My husband was initially disappointed they did not offer a caesar salad, but really enjoyed the spinach/egg offering. The bread choices are delicious with something for everyone. The Halibut and steak were done to perfection, but our guests thought the veal chop was "chewy" and the lamb chops nothing special. The drinks were made very well and the wait staff was attentive. We were celebrating birthdays and they were very generous with the desserts. The chocolate and strawberry mousse were the best!! Sorbets were very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner.bamwrmAZresDined on 7/19/2014We had a wonderful dinner, just the two of us. The wine list was extensive with some excellent wines. The food was perfect, so delicious and the presentation was great. The two waiters we had were very nice. Friendly, professional and efficient. We look forward to coming back often. We live in Milwaukee only for the summer and in Arizona for the winter, so we will see you each summer when we are here. Will highly recommend your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only knockOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I get they make their money with booze but you can keep it within reason. Come on $20 for a Grey Goose and Cranberry?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Tops in every way-food creative, service perfect, beautiful interior setting!Special Features:
- BacchusOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Thank you for yet another wonderful experience at Bacchus! The service was excellent, and the food was spectacular! We are always blown away whenever we come to Bacchus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night outRtinocVIPDined on 7/11/2014This is our second time dinning at Bacchus and it never disappoints. Service is impeccable and food is fantastic. It is expensive, so you might consider it "a special occasion" choice, but it is worth the experience.Special Features:
- Almost PerfectRandolphiteDined on 7/11/2014We started with scallops with a citrus salad and risotto/spinach ravioli. Both were perfect. The asparagus salad was perfect. Entrees' of Halibut and lamb chops were just outstanding. The brown butter cake with pineapple was very good, but not as good as everything else. We also felt the size of this dessert was too small to warrant the high price. Overall we felt we got good value but just a little bit cheated on dessert.Special Features:
- RelaxationwhitefoxDined on 6/30/2014Very relaxing evening - splendid service and food. Our guest was impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th Anniversary!FeedMeDined on 6/27/2014Many fantastic dinners here, and this was no exception. Actually reasonably priced for the quality and quantity of food. More people should visit this Milwaukee jem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not live up to the hypeFoodieDined on 6/27/2014We ordered the chef's menu. Six courses of the chef's choosing paired with wines. The first course was a beet gazpacho in a shot glass. We were told to "shoot it". It was the consistency of pudding and not "shootable" we had to eat it with our forks. The wine with this course and the next was horrible and not at all good with either course. Our 3rd course was a scallop. Yes, A single quarter-size scallop and not a jumbo. One of our drink pairings was a homemade lemoncello that was like moonshine! A salted caramel the size of a bouillon cube and a s'mores dessert the size of a quarter. I was VERY DISAPPOINTED in this restaurant! Not only were the portions tiny but the wine pairings were horrible they should have tried the food.Special Features:
- Fantastic!AprilShowersDined on 6/19/2014My husband and I dined here for our anniversary. It was absolutely perfect. Fantastic food, top notch service, and great ambience. I highly recommend Bacchus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful experience!out2dineDined on 6/17/2014From the atmosphere on the terrace to the array of dishes we experienced, I would always choose Bacchus! Our server was so friendly and gave just the tight amount of attention on our special night out. So many special touches - can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Anniversary SpotchrisgDined on 6/13/2014We dined here for our anniversary recently and were stunned with the level of service from the staff. They were so helpful and knowledgable of the menu and wines. Anyone that is looking for a truly wonderful culinary experience must try the chef's tasting menu with wine pairings. So delicious!Special Features:
- WindLakeDiners123Dined on 6/7/2014We had dinner on a Saturday evening and the food was outstanding along with excellent service! We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone celebrating a special occasion or just wanting a fantastic meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Food was delicious and very fresh. Very nice space, good vibe and noise level. Comfortable. Excellent service and wine list. Very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnCDined on 6/6/2014interesting menu, very tasty food, service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceillinifrankDined on 6/6/2014This was our first visit to Bacchus in Milwaukee and what a great experience it was. The Service was excellent and the Food outstanding. The Atmosphere was very nice, making it an all-around wonderful experience for us. We will definitely pass this on to our friends and will most definitely be back. Thank-you Bacchus staff for an excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulRetiredbankerDined on 6/5/2014I've been dining ar Bacchus since they opened, and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Charming01Dined on 6/4/2014I have had dinner at Bacchus multiple times and each was a delight. From the first glass of wine until the last, it was a pleasant experience. I will certainly be coming back for another great evening either for work or pleasure. Thank youSpecial Features:
- filet was greatPBandJDined on 5/31/2014My date and I started with the flat bread and veal ravioli appetizer. They were both way too small for the price and the taste was nothing remarkable.Then we ordered two salads. Mixed greens salad and lump crab salad. Both were just fine but again nothing remarkable. For our main dish we both ordered the filet on top of a potato mash. It was excellent. Prepared perfectly and flavor was very good. For the price of the salad and appetizers I would have rather ordered another tasty main dish to split with my date. Other than that, the place looked fancy but didn't wow us and service was very good.Special Features:
- Great Food & Great ServiceNiMoDined on 5/30/2014The staff is friendly and very accommodating. It was only our second time to this restaurant and I must say that it was just as great as our first visit. The menu has breadth and they have a separate vegetarian menu that is fit for foodies.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014The meal I had at Bacchus was one of the best I have ever eaten. We were also very impressed with the staff. They were friendly, helpful and professional. Some of the members of the group were vegetarians and they were impressed with creativity and flavor of the items.Special Features:
- TerrificMikeVIPDined on 5/22/2014Excellent Service, Food, and Wine. Beautiful place. Nice time on a Thursday evening with a group of 6. Was curious how empty the restaurant was. We were one of three tables the entire night. Nice experience, too bad there was not more energy in the restaurant. A more vibrant restaurant would have been good for conversation as it felt like anything we were saying was fit to be heard by others.Special Features:
- The Best in WisconsinTedV4VIPDined on 5/20/2014And probably Illinois. A classic fine hotel style restaurant in the Cudahy Tower overlooking Lake Michigan. Two servers per table. Outstanding wines and bar. Reasonably priced for 5 star food. Half plates as well as full entrees! Wunderbar desert menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome always goodellagartoDined on 5/18/2014No issues. double team of wait staff serves you. awesome food
- Eh-AnnluDined on 5/17/2014There were some high points- the tartare and fois gras was amazing. BUT, they did not have ANY of the 3 bottles we chose (Champagne, Red Wine and Port) and the entrees were, well, OK. In general- way too much salt- on everything. The service seemed nervous- which made me nervous... Great location- good for a special occasion- but I don't think I'll be going back.Special Features:
- My favorite place!Jvw12Dined on 5/17/2014Food and service = amazing... Plus many tables have great views of Lake Michigan.Special Features: