Bacchus - A Bartolotta Restaurant
925 E. Wells Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Bacchus - A Bartolotta Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bacchusmke.com/
- Phone: (414) 765-1166
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: Open for select special occasions and available for private events
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Siegel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Options Available
- Private Party Contact: Tricia Smith 4147651166
A word from Bacchus - A Bartolotta Restaurant
Bacchus offers contemporary American cuisine in a stylish, modern and sleek setting overlooking Lake Michigan in downtown Milwaukee. Boasting one of the city's most extensive wine lists and a menu that features seasonal, local ingredients, Bacchus is overseen by James Beard Award-winning chef Adam Siegel. Several private rooms, including a beautiful glass-enclosed conservatory, are available for business and social occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bacchus - A Bartolotta Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Bacchus - A Bartolotta Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)romantic (75)notable wine list (63)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (20)scenic view (14)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Group eventBakerBabeDined on 11/17/2014I was there for an author event and our group was seated in the east room on a frigid evening. The temperature in the room was uncomfortably chilly for me, but the service, ambiance and service were all excellent. My only criticism was of the panna cotta which was too firm for my taste. Otherwise, it was an outstanding dining experience in every way. This was my first visit to Bacchus and I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAbcrestDined on 11/15/2014We've eaten here before, we were practically ignored and food was average at best. $250 bill left us feeling disappointed, we weren't wowed at allSpecial Features:
- Excellent gourmet food, quiet eleganceLikeToDineDined on 11/15/2014We had always wanted to try Baccus and finally did, for a special occasion. The entire experience was wonderful. Interesting food items, delicious food tastefully and uniquely presented. Wait staff was very polished. We were able to carry on a quiet conversation without hearing others around us, or having to shout to be heard. The facility is modern yet elegant. We had a most enjoyable evening! Well worth the cost for a special occasion. Best restaurant we've been to yet in Milwaukee, and we dine out often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and outstanding serviesusanschoolDined on 11/15/2014Our dining experience here was wonderful. The food was perfect - flavors were exquisite and balanced. Although they have a limited menu, the choices are perfect. The service was outstanding, the pacing of delivery of food did not feel rushed. The staff was eager to make recommendations if asked. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and they made it a special experience for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- calgoodDined on 11/8/2014Of all the Bartolotta Restaurants, this is the best one. Personable and attentive service, superb cuisine, and a great wine list are hallmarks of this truly splendid restaurant.Special Features:
- Always an amazing meal!foodismedicineDined on 11/8/2014Another amazing meal with amazing service at Bacchus. The food is a work of art and the service makes you feel like you are the only one being served! We will return there over and over again. I highly recommend Bacchus for any occasion.Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceSillyPantsDined on 11/3/2014John and Rian were our servers and their service was excellent! From knowing their foods and wines to going above and beyond to find out information for us regarding things to do they were impeccable. We both chose the chef symposium and we're delighted by every bite. Our waters were never low our wineglasses were always full, we never felt badgered by the servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same story ,Different placehaasjohndDined on 11/3/2014You can't go wrong dining at any Bartolotta establishment. Great food,great service, great venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal RavioliUWJWMDined on 11/1/2014When you go to Bacchus you must try the Veal Ravioli! It is amazinging. My wife and I also had the porterhouse for two. It was wonderful also. The food is always great. The Service is superb. It is our favorite Bartolatta's restaurant that we have tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dining ExperienceRieslingDined on 10/30/2014My husband and I went to Bacchus to celebrate my 50th birthday. We had previously had an opinion that this restaurant may be pretentious however we found the experience to be warm and inviting. Our two female servers were down-to-earth making our dining experience very enjoyable. The food was amazing and we dine frequently at fine Milwaukee restaurants. My husband had the squash soup, spinach salad and the scallops. I had the veal ravioli, spinach salad and salmon. We were treated to a trio of seasonal sorbets for my birthday gift from the restaurant. In addition we shared the carrot cake. We will definitely recommend and return to Bacchus.Special Features:
- As always Bartolotta high qualityBillDined on 10/29/2014Great place for special occassion and also business meetings and get togethers. Great service, sharp waiters, good choices. On the high side for pricing.Special Features:
- Expensive but ExcellentK007Dined on 10/18/2014Service and food were both outstanding- as usual for Bacchus. It's pricey, but easily one of the best restaurants in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014The food was outstanding. Went for a special occasion and they acknowledged it when we sat down. The waiter started out with us but the other girls that helped out were seen more and they were great. Very knowledgeable and helpful with some picks from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweetest DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Looking for a great spot for an excellent Filet! This is the place. The desserts have something to be desired though. Ordered Carrot Cake. I received 3 small crumbs which they called Cake. Enough for one bite. They raved about their pastry chef. The carrot cake was good. But the serving was ridiculous ..,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing placeschmittDined on 10/17/2014Great food and service! Will be back for sure. Loved everything we had!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Our dinner for two couldn't have been any better. We had a knowledgeable and pleasant server and received attentive service. All courses were delicious and plated beautifully. The desert was creative and delicious and enough to share. Definitely would recommend for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I at at Bacchus and the food was terrific. She had the Halibut with the beet salad, and I had the scallops with the heirloom tomato salad. Both seafood dishes were outstanding and she loved her beet salad.
- The Best Dining ExperienceTheJoeFinDined on 10/11/2014Bacchus was an incredible experience. The staff was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and did a great job assisting in pairings. Then the food was outstanding! Highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions!Special Features:
- Great restaurantBildoDined on 10/7/2014Friendly staff and great food. Nice place to go for special occasions. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014This was such a great restaurant on so many levels. Normally I don't write reviews, but this warrants one. The food was some of the best I've ever eaten, words can't describe how good it was. The only thing that was a little disappointing was the amount of dessert I got. I ordered the "Chocoholic" and it tasted extraordinary, but for $11 I would've liked to have seen more of the dessert but that's a minor complaint. Overall the restaurant was great and will definitely be seeing more of me.Special Features:
- 13th wedding anniversarybmwlove4foodDined on 9/29/2014Insanely delicious food.Wonderful atmosphere.We loved it and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticFoodloverDined on 9/27/2014The food was great, the server was great, the experience was great.... can't get any better than that. The server knew it was my husband's birthday and really made it special for him.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This is a great place for a romantic date. The food is excellent and our servers Amy and Daniel were amazing. We will definately be back!Special Features:
- Attention to DetailDtl01Dined on 9/20/2014I always enjoy Bacchus because the food and service are high quality. Our server's attention to detail was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints...SarahDined on 9/20/2014Curt and Pam did an outstanding job of helping us celebrate our friends visiting from TX. Request them when you go! We have been and continue to be big fans of Bacchus - favorite restaurant in the city!Special Features:
- AmazingpayalDined on 9/20/2014We chose Bacchus for our friend's birthday, and it did not disappoint. The staff were friendly and attentive without being overbearing. They specifically asked us if we were celebrating anything that night, and after they were aware that it was our friend's birthday, the staff asked her each time for her order first and how she liked the food and whether she was enjoying her experience. The waiter's recommendations were impeccable. The food and wine were superb. This is a wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion or treat yourself to a nicer meal.Special Features:
- Always a Wonderful VisitHappyDinerDined on 9/17/2014Another great visit to Bacchus! Our servers, Dan and Daniel, could not have been more attentive, knowledgable and friendly. If you're not much of a meat-eater as a couple of us are not, there's a vegetarian menu available ( just ask) with a selection that has pasta and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualEagerEaterDined on 9/16/2014Bacchaus has been my favorite restaurant to go to when in Milwaukee on business. Was underwhelmed this time. The food was good but not great. My wife's spatzel was so salty she could not eat it. When it came time for the check, the waiter was AWOL for ten to 15 minutes. I regret that this was the one time my wife was with me in Milwaukee and that she did not have a chance to experience Bacchaus at its best.
- a memorable eveninglongstemmedroseDined on 9/12/2014Service was more than prompt. Manager was gracious and checked back several times...and also presented a complimentary amuse bouche. The evening's multi-course menu was creative and mostly paired to very good wines. It was a delicious and memorable evening. The staff, the food and the ambiance were all"first-rate". We especially found the cheese presentation with goat cheese paired to fino sherry to be very adventurous and successful. The foie gras course could not have been any better...it was exceptional ! For Friday evening, the dining room was only moderately busy, which made our experience even more intimate and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Team DinnerjstlvfudDined on 9/11/2014We had a team celebration dinner at Bacchus and it was wonderful. There were 7 of us in the group and the service and food were wonderful. Fantastic wine list with both well known favorites and a few hidden gems that surprised me.Special Features:
- Veal Ravioli!!! The rest just goodKenniDined on 9/2/2014We had a series of small plates for dinner. The staff did an excellent job selecting the cheeses for our cheese board. The Veal Ravioli are to die for!! Up near the top of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. I don't say food is great unless it is truly outstanding. The sauce has what I can only call a savory butterscotch flavor. Unique! The Foie Gras was terrific according to my husband. He even offered me some despite the fact I don't eat organ meat. It was that good. Seafood Ravioli and Spinach Risotto fritters were good but not outstanding. A bit disappointing after the Veal ravioli. I've already raved about the veal ravioli to my friends and co-workers. If you go that is the item you Must Have.Special Features:
- One of Milwaukee's BestJRPfeffVIPDined on 8/30/2014We cycle through the Bartolotta restaurants for special occasion dinners. It had been a while since going to Bacchus. Our meal was absolutely great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodycook4VIPDined on 8/28/2014We always know that we will get an excellent meal when we go to Bacchus and this visit was no different. The porterhouse for 2 was outstanding! Our servers were very attentive. It was a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouspetcopDined on 8/28/2014We enjoyed a dinner at this elegant place. The service was attentive and open to your queries. Excellent bread (which is not always the case in good restaurants). The scallops opened our eyes to a development of Robluchons famous recipe.Special Features:
- Bacchus first timersurbandinerDined on 8/22/2014Dinner was delicious. Our filets were perfectly cooked. The atmosphere was calm and not rushed. At the end of our dinner, our server brought a special desert for our daughter's celebration which was a nice personal touch. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my Birthday at BacchushvfunwithgrandsonDined on 8/16/2014My grandson & I make Bacchus our special place. He loves their chicken and compares other restaurant's preparation to Bacchus and they never measure up!! He also recommends their gingerale......its "homemade" and he test the wait staff to see if his glass is kept full. Again they didn't disappoint.Special Features:
- Perfect for a special occasionfoodconnoisseurDined on 8/14/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. There are many wonderful dining choices in Milwaukee and this one is tops so far for us. The service and food were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinalflingVIPDined on 8/9/2014Bacchus is a delightful restaurant in a lovely building near Lake Michigan. The beautiful wood bar is separate from the restaurant area so any noise from it does not affect the dining room. Food is well prepared and presented. There is a tasting and pairing menu if one chooses it -- very well done. The menu is nicely balanced and the food is delicious. The wait staff is very efficient and friendly and the manager checks each table to see that everything is going well. (He must put 100 miles on his shoes every night!!) This is a well managed and very tasty restaurant. Everything is done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JcvbearDined on 8/9/2014We went here for our wedding anniversary. Service was so nice, we were treated attentively. We chose the chef's tasting menu with wine pairings. It was fantastic and we were happy with our choice. When we go back though, it would be with a group of friends. We do not care for the seating, where one person sits against the wall on a bench and the other sits across the table in a chair, all in a row with the other diners. It does not make for a romantic meal when you feel as though you are sharing such close space with the diners next to you. We could hear their whole conversation and so had more difficulty having one of our own. It was the only downside to this fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Placejaminb236Dined on 8/9/2014Restaurant was very nice and appealing to the eye, staff was very kind and patient. Food left a bit to be desired for the price, but still good.Special Features: