1198 Howell Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.starprovisions.com/
- Phone: 4043650410x22
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday from 6:00pm
Closed on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anne Quatrano/Clifford Harrison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bacchanalia
Bacchanalia is Atlanta’s most celebrated restaurant featuring contemporary American cuisine from chefs/owners Anne Quatrano and Clifford Harrison. Expect incredibly fresh and flavorful choices with masterful preparation and presentation. Bacchanalia’s seasonal menu relies entirely on organic ingredients, many sourced from Anne and Clifford’s farm, so that diners can have an utterly unique dining experience each time they return. Bacchanalia offers a five-course prix fixe menu composed of a cold appetizer course, fish course, entrée course, cheese course and dessert course for $85 per person. The menu can also be ordered a la carte at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bacchanalia - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
Bacchanalia reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (167)fit for foodies (147)romantic (128)notable wine list (105)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (13)good for groups (12)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Over priced , unwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014I will never come back here again the food had no flavor what so ever , very small portions and I'm ok with that if it's a small piece of something wonderful but this was just not the case the dining room was very unfitting to a $350 bill . This may have been the worse place I've ate . Not sure how they ended up on the top ten best food places in Atlanta ???? . Don't waste your time , outfit or money here . 😔😔😔
- Left me wanting moredinnerDined on 9/15/2014I was really disappointed. The first course beef tartare was good but I was served a teaspoon full. Second course was a crab fritter is some sort, served cold and soggy. Third course was steak which was delicious. Fourth course was a cheese plate. My itty bitty pice of blue cheese was buried under raw mushrooms and stuff. It was terrible. Dessert was awesome and I usually don't enjoy dessert. This was supposed to be the best restaurant in Atlanta. It can't be.Special Features:
- Always a great mealChengsterDined on 9/13/2014Been here several times and the menu is always updated with fresh choices alongside the great classic items. Everything is delicious on the menu and service is always impeccable. The peach smoothie wasn't so great because it had chunks of ice not well blended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014So chic, so delicious. Unparalleled service and exquisite prix fixe menu for every taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food ExpereinceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014We want to Bacchanalia for a special occasion. The multi course dinner, surprises and attentive staff made it a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Awesome....SmackdaddyDined on 9/11/2014If your budget alowes, eat here, you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!!LUVBACCHANALIADined on 9/10/2014We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary here, and are very glad that we did. After reading all of the positive reviews, we figured we couldn't go wrong, and this would be a great occasion to give it a try. We enjoyed our entire experience from beginning to end. This restaurant has the same small plate concept as Restaurant Eugene's, but less expensive. The food well flavored and the service attentive enough to allow you to enjoy your experience without interruption. The rainbow trout was the most memorable course of the meal (very well seasoned and flavorful). They also presented us with a small tiered cupcake for our anniversary. Overall I would rate this restaurant a 5 Star and would definitely recommend going.Special Features:
- Fansy tastingChefRichardDined on 9/10/2014The meal was finely orchestrated, like watching a ballet of pretty food with symphony of taste in your mouth. This is a place to enjoy the taste and presentation of food. The portions appeared to be small, but were designed for tasting and presentation. We had the five course tasting with few wine pairings and it was well over $300 for two people. Still, I would say it was a very good value. Service was 6 stars as was the food and presentation. We had well over a half dozen servers taking care of our every need. Every second at least one server was closely insuring we were happy with everything, promptly clearing for the next course with pallet cleansers as treats between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible.sd20Dined on 9/6/2014This is definitely a totally worth it special occasion spot. We went for my boyfriend's birthday. Everything from the initial ambiance, to the romantic seating, to the fabulous wine list and menu were perfect. I've heard mixed reviews, but after trying the food and loving literally everything, I highly recommend it. The service was great, not overly present but perfectly, seamlessly timed. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as last experiencesstaney33Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I go here for our anniversary dinners. We've always thought the food was delicious and we opt for the recommended wine pairings. Our last experience wasn't as positive. We always ask our servers for menu recommendations. I wasn't very impressed by the recommendations that we received from our server, they were hit or miss. My husband also found a fly in his $18 (for a half glass) of wine. Now, the restaurant handled that very well and provided us with a free desert and a free whole glass of wine for both my husband and myself. Overall I thought the food was good, not great, and below expectations for price point and reputation.Special Features:
- A perfect dining experience.BillDined on 9/4/2014Hard to beat the wonderful meal and excellent service. The timing of the serving of each course was spot on which really enhanced the dining experience. Not cheap but well worth it. For special occasions, this would be my first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Private2IVIPDined on 9/3/2014One of the best in town, hands down. The flavors were absolutely elegant. Service was fast, courteous and knowlegeable.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerNickDined on 9/2/2014Food was excellent. Servers were friendly, but were very awkward at times and standing around tables. We would wait up to 20 min between each course, which was not consistent timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finest Dining ExperiencelovetoeatDined on 9/2/2014Had dinner for our 30th Anniversary and the experience was exceptional. They were so attentive they knew what I wanted even before I did. I love dining and this ranked as one of the most flavorful and well prepared foods I have had the pleasure to enjoy. It is rather expensive, but the experience is so wonderful it was well worth the price. It is a 5 course meal, but then they surprise you with 4 more chef specials throughout the evening. Recommend to eat slowly to enjoy the amazing combination of flavors. From there, enjoy the memory of a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 for a reasonfashfamilyVIPDined on 8/30/2014We've wanted to come here for years so my wife surprised me with dinner for my birthday. From the moment we walked in the door the service was outstanding. The room is beautiful (elegant but not opulent). We ordered the beef tartare, foie gras, crab fritter, sweet breads, lamb, duck, burrata and blue cheeses, fried fig hand pies, and the peach souffle. I would order each of them again in a heart beat. Each course was perfectly prepared. At first glance, the portions seemed small. But after two hours of dining, plus a few extra items brought out by the server, it was more than enough. Everyone should try this restaurant at least once. It withstood the years of hype and justified being the #1 restaurant in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Incredible dining experienceEatwithasmileonyourfaceDined on 8/29/2014OMG!!! I love the wonderful food presentation and service. Oh did I mention the menu choices....outstanding. So this is what it feels like to dine like the rich and famous.....Love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time still fantasticzmoneyDined on 8/23/2014To put it simply, there is a reason this restaurant is the best in Atlanta. The food is a five course tasting menu with a few interspersions from the kitchen such as an amuse bouche or a small treat in between courses. The menu changes seasonally, so there is usually something new to come back to. The service is impeccable. They're unobtrusive, friendly and professional. For an inexperienced diner the wine/spirits list is overwhelming. There are about 25 pages of beer/liquor and wine. The only two things to point out to newcomers: The restaurant is in the back of the STAR PROVISIONS store. If you come in the evening, it looks like it is closed, you have to walk through to the back. The cheese cart is better than the cheese courses.Special Features:
- Amazing experience!FoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014This place is much more than just the food. It's an experience in itself. The service was impeccable and they made our birthday celebration that much more special. Definitely worth it!Special Features:
- ImpeccableKathyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Every time I have visited this restaurant, everything was impeccable--food, wine, service, ambiance. This time was no exception--perfection. The menu includes enough variety to please those who want 'traditional' dishes as well as the more adventurous. It is an Atlanta treasure and holds it own with any of the few truely fine dining restaurants in the U.S.Special Features:
- Really good...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014We sat in the normal dining area and crafted our own courses...followed the recommended pairings and were not disappointed! Great food and wonderful presentation...will definitely return when back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very lovely mealVjgvVIPDined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed our interesting dinner. My husband and I ordered different items for our five course meal to try a variety of dishes. Most were very good some were a bit odd, but still pleasant. For us this type of dining is for occasional splurges but to each his own. The service was very attentive without being intrusive. My drink needed to be sent back but then it was right on and very good, so that was really not an issue. The waiter chose a lovely wine for my husband and he raved about it. This area has gotten to be so popular that it is a bit crowded and parking can be a hastle so that does take away from the overall enjoyment. The patron's dress here was a mixed bag, some were a bit casual for business casual. We will be back.Special Features:
- Still the most elevated in ATLMbsbVIPDined on 8/13/2014After all these years, still the most elevated dining experience in Atlanta. Tasting menu with lots of good choices, even for vegetarians, tiny portions of each dish but by the time you walk out of there you are sated. Several eye-closing dishes but the peach soufflé was perfection. One other plus - a reasonable (for a poe of its level) corkage policySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerwoconDined on 8/12/2014We got to the restaurant on a weeknight and it was not too busy. The staff was friendly and the food was great. great drink and wine list. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Never Again!!! what a waste!traveller88Dined on 8/11/2014Visiting a restaurant that has been named Atlanta's best for years, I expected to be wowed with unforgettable meals...that would make us moan with every bite we take. Only one course that I can say was pretty good..which was a little tiny bitty bite of crab fritter. The rest? Blah...disappointment. We are foodies that travel every month for pleasure and have been to many great restaurants all over. And all I can say about Bacchanalia is bad experience & such a waste of money. Don't waste yours!
- GREAT U pay 4bernie52VIPDined on 8/9/2014Took our niece out to celebrate her Big Girl life after graduating university, getting a job and apartment. A wonderful night being amazed at the dish prep and memorable tastes. Have not been to Bacchanalia in 15 years so could not help being nostalgic. Way better than our recent visit to Eugene which is a similar styled food experience. Our niece graduated Johnson&Wales in Culinary and event Planning - she thought the evening was perfection in service and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty much what you'd expectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014We had a great time and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakloverSteakloverDined on 8/8/2014Our experience at Bacchanalia was fabulous! The service was wonderful! The food was excellent! The atmosphere was comfortable and relaxing! What more could you ask for?!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningMandCeatDined on 8/4/2014Great experience from the beginning to the end. This was our first time dining at Bacchanalia and we were unaware that the entrance was inside Star Provisions, but the young lady working up front pointed us in the right direction. As we entered Bacchanalia we were greeted promptly and warmly. The service was top notch through our entire meal. I like the concept of this restaurant, 5 courses with at least 5 options for each course. Every dish was excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!AlexaDined on 8/4/2014I have been to most of the nicer restaurants in town, and have always wondered what always sets Bacchanalia above the rest in terms of reviews. Finally getting to try it out, I was happily surprised at the amazing food and even the value. I don't think I have ever been so happy to pay $85 for just food, but man did we get our money's worth. Everything was delicious, beautifully presented, and unique. The service was phenomenal. It was truly a foodie's fine dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence definedCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 8/4/2014Five-course prix fixe was beautifully prepared and presented. Highlights were foie gras, crab fritter, duck breast. Elected to have the cheese cart with port pairing, which was lovely. However, we were too full for dessert course, and unfortunately we'd both chosen frozen items that would not travel. Server packed up final, complimentary cookies to go, and as we left, the last worker in the bakery stopped us to offer a loaf of fresh bread to take home. Everything was thoughtful -- especially the pacing of the meal. Only thing I would change is the decor -- it's a little cold and bare.Special Features:
- Best in AtlBrentDined on 8/1/2014Bacchanalia never disappoints. Food, wine list, service are as good as you can findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent, highest qualityGeorgiaGuyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Food is consistently creative, fresh, and of the highest quality. Paired with the recommended wines for each course makes this experience complete. Service is consistent and appropriate if a bit stuffy at times. Continues to set the standard as Atlanta's best. Valet parking needs work as the center is very busy with several different restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth one visit, but not againChickenBiscuitDined on 8/1/2014Food was very interesting and good. For someone that likes to sample the world you should go once BUT it's really not worth the price. I understand small portions but some of it was a joke. I didn't leave hungry thanks to the bread. The atmosphere was probably the biggest disappointment. On a Friday evening it was more quiet than church. That and the seating is about 16 inches apart and having a conversation with a date becomes awkward. I wore a suit and tie and felt overdressed for $300 dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Foodie ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Incredible dinning experience and first class service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely excellentAtl1847VIPDined on 7/26/2014Every aspect of our experience at Bacchanalia was superb. The food is really of a higher order than you're likely to experience elsewhere. It is an expression of great talent. We were attended to with perfection; our needs were anticipated with just the right degree of touch. We will be back as soon as we can find another occasion worthy of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Service was wonderful. Food was very average. My steak (medium rare) was very tough. I dined with a party of 3, and everyone rated the food a 6.
- BartowVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food and service was fantastic. Had one glass of wine each and I have never paid that much $30.00 each.Special Features:
- A special food experiencepufferooVIPDined on 7/23/2014This is really one of the best restaurants, perhaps in the entire country. Beautifully conceived, prepared, and presented dishes. Combining the latest techniques and ingredients, but maintaining an all-American, southern comfort-food sense of satisfaction with each bite. The restaurant itself is understated and elegant but not stuffy. It is a bit hard to find, since it is hidden through the back of a nice cookwares store.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceUXseekerDined on 7/23/2014My husband and I went to dinner to celebrate his birthday and this was a wonderful dining experience. Every course was superb with excellent wine pairings. We opted for a cocktail to begin with our first course appetizers. We chose the half glass wine option so we could sample various wine pairings for the different courses. Food and service were excellent. The service staff were always on the lookout to meet our needs and the 2 hour service went by in the blink of an eye.Special Features:
- danielrLDined on 7/22/2014Superb menu, wine and alcohol selection. Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.