1198 Howell Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.starprovisions.com/
- Phone: (404) 365-0410 ext. 22
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday from 6:00pm
Closed on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anne Quatrano/Clifford Harrison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bacchanalia
Bacchanalia is Atlanta’s most celebrated restaurant featuring contemporary American cuisine from chefs/owners Anne Quatrano and Clifford Harrison. Expect incredibly fresh and flavorful choices with masterful preparation and presentation. Bacchanalia’s seasonal menu relies entirely on organic ingredients, many sourced from Anne and Clifford’s farm, so that diners can have an utterly unique dining experience each time they return. Bacchanalia offers a five-course prix fixe menu composed of a cold appetizer course, fish course, entrée course, cheese course and dessert course for $85 per person. The menu can also be ordered a la carte at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bacchanalia - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
Bacchanalia reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)fit for foodies (151)romantic (112)notable wine list (102)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (21)good for groups (16)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- The greatest restaurant in AtlantaJudyDined on 11/24/2014Outrageous meal. Great service. Very, Very SpecialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to SurpassJustOKVIPDined on 11/21/2014We had the $85 prefix. While that price tag may seem steep, you won't regret it. Tasty, tasty, tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningdecaturitesDined on 11/20/2014Dining at Bacchanalia is a once in a life event. My longing to be a guest there was fulfilled - the food and presentation were divine. However, that one experience will last me a lifetime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a great place for people who enjoy food.sidekickDined on 11/18/2014Keep doing what you're doing. Of course you'll want to make changes in the menu as the seasons change, but that be careful not to stray too far from what works.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatly surprised!ClementinaDined on 11/18/2014Ingredients are fresh, portions are well balanced, taste and combinations are elegant, delicious and tasteful as well as impeccably presented. Servers are friendly, efficient, and know their business. It was a pleasure dinning there and I will come back for sure again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special nightdoctorduckyDined on 11/17/2014My husband and I are foodies and went here for a special celebration. The experience itself was special enough and we will remember it for a long time to come. However, I cannot say that we will be remembering the dishes we got, save for one or two. We still remember a dinner from ten years ago, because the food was that memorable. I think that the chefs here are creative and skillful; I was a little underwhelmed with taste and textures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Esquisite Dinner I've ever had!Davidga7Dined on 11/17/2014The most tantalizing food. Esquisite. Intimate. Delightful. You will not go wrong with Bacchanalia. From Corporate Business dinners to a romantic birthday celebration. This place is simply it! I thought I had eaten in some of the finest restaurants. And that was true until I discovered Bacchanalia. We celebrated my birthday. This night. This dinner is something I will not forget. It was simply amazing. I will have to go back soon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but too small portions.JilestalVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food was delicious. We did some but not all the wine pairings and they were very well paired. We took our 16 year old son and he was still hungry after all 5 courses. The portion size detracts from the experience. I don't want the typical American portion that feeds me for 3 days, but a little more for each course would have made for a better meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRobertCDined on 11/13/2014The service and the food were both outstanding! Staff was extremely knowledgeable as to all aspects of the menu. Our favorite Atlanta restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Anticipated Evening . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/11/2014that didn't disappoint. I had been wanting to go to Bacchanalia for, literally, years, but I hadn't until this visit. Wow! Each course was carefully crafted and had outstanding flavor combinations. So delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningSpecialNightDined on 11/10/2014I took my wife out for her birthday with 2 friends that were celebrating their recent nuptials. I was looking for a special night out that everyone would remember. The wine list was extensive and the recommendation was perfect. The service was excellent but not overbearing which is exactly how I like it. The menu offered options for every course and each time we asked for recommendation we were pleased with the results. I got a special cheese cart option for the 4th course and since I am not an expert I let them surprise me. It was absolutely fabulous! Really every course was delightful. Bottom line is while I can't afford it regularly, for special events it was worth it as we had a spectacular time that none of us will soon forget.Special Features:
- Fine dining at Atlanta's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014Overall our meal was very good. But be prepared to spend a little extra, yes beyond the prix fixe menu, if you want be full after dinner. And I don't know what was going on, maybe our bottle wine selection wasn't expensive enough, but I ended up refilling our own glasses on multiple occasions. It didn't impact my enjoyment of the special occasion and meal but baccanalia is not going to earn any Michelin stars with service like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/6/2014This was a unique experience for us. We are not from Atlanta and had a devil of a time finding the restaurant even though it was not far from our hotel. The price fixed tasting menu with wine was exceptional. So many choices!!! And they all were excellent. We shared them and it was so much fun. Recommend this as a fun way to celebrate an anniversary like the couple next to us or just for great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great with few exceptionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/5/2014First of all, the tasting menu was worth a LOT more than the $85 prix fix. The portions were small, as is typical, but the quality of the food, the diversity of the flavors, etc., made it a great deal (at least to this Chicagoan). Service at the bar was great (although they could use 2 bartenders during busy times-I often waited for water to be refilled because the 1 bartender was running), and the view into the kitchen was very cool. Finally, they had many wine selections, and some really good choices for 1/2 bottles. The negative? I ordered an 18 year MacCallan, and it was $51! Even by Chicago standards this is extremely steep. Perhaps I should have asked (or been told) that a very carefully measured shot would be as much as dinner.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/5/2014On par with some of the best dinners we have had! Second in our experience only to French Laundry. Even with the likes of Niche in St Louis or Quince in San Francisco. Better food than Alinea. Sadly we wont be back to Atlanta any time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday Dinner.mnfstoDined on 11/3/2014I had to travel away on my birthday for work and wanted a nice place to eat as my consolation. This came as a recommendation from a former native and the menu looked very promising. All I have to say is that this is seriously in my top places I have ever been. An unbelievable experience. Don't rush the meal, you are taken care of. Every dish is made to perfection. The wine paring is spot on (except for one). As a caveat, I have a peanut allergy and they accommodated me in every way. They truly pay attention. Next time I am in Atlanta I will be here for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFoodiesInTrainingVIPDined on 11/1/2014Bacchanalia has always been a favorite. We brought our two boys recently (they have sophisticated palates) and they were treated wonderfully by all the staff. Such a gem of a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still AwesomewtlacyDined on 11/1/2014I had not been to Bacchanalia for several years. I took my wife for her birthday and we really loved the food and the vibe. Great to see this Atlanta classic maintaining its high standards. By the end of the meal I felt like the guy at the end of Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life" and I had to ask them to box up the "thin mint."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulchristopherVIPDined on 11/1/2014Everything at Bacchanalia was wonderful. It definitely deserves its five star rating. It was a true dining experience.Special Features:
- perfection!ChrisheleDined on 10/31/2014Everything about our experience was perfect. The service team was professional and attentive, but still let us enjoy our romantic dinner. The menu consists of 5 courses, but there were a few little extras brought out throughout the meal. We upgraded the cheese course and we were blown away! We really liked one of the cheeses, and we asked about it later and he confirmed which one it was for us. Bacchanalia was the perfect place to celebrate my husband's new job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backtamiandrobDined on 10/31/2014Bacchanalia really has an outstanding selection of fine food and wine. Loved the lighting and setting and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Atl RestaurantshellDined on 10/30/2014Best restaurant in Atlanta, hands down. The staff was excellent and made us feel very special. I will definitely make a return appearance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Bacchanalia is a fine dining experience. It is typical of high-end dining experiences in that the service is fantastic and the food is good. However, if you are not accustomed to that, there will be a shock factor - quality of food is fantastic but the quantity is extremely small, service is fantastic but sometimes overwhelming. I would recommend this for special occasions and a fine-dining experience.Special Features:
- I really should go here more oftenTMgoTechVIPDined on 10/25/2014Bacchanalia never fails to impress. The food is beyond delicious - it's a great experience. You find yourself asking "how can someone design such incredible dishes" because they're like nothing I've ever seen. "Inventive" only begins to scratch the surface. The food was awesome, the service was attentive without hovering, and every single member of the staff made us feel welcomed. I won't wait nearly so long to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLovelifeVIPDined on 10/24/2014We went their to celebrate our wedding Anniversary and we are so glad we picked that place. The service was outstanding, everyone is very pleasant and attentive. The food is absolutely delicious, every bite is full of surprising taste. From start to finish everything was wonderful. Even the name of the place is meaningful and unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.CourtneyGDined on 10/24/2014Exceptional service, amazing, unique food. Just so great all around. Loved every exciting second.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestJLDCEOVIPDined on 10/21/2014One of the great meals of all time. Nothing you can order will disappoint.Special Features:
- Bacchanalia'dmrphoeDined on 10/20/2014Decided to come here after a friend recommended it. I already knew I'd be dropping 200+ for 5 small portioned meals, but I was okay with that. The main reason I went was to celebrate my move to Atlanta. The food was unique, maybe a bit too ambitious with the flavor combinations they were going for, however I'd still recommend trying to finish each dish. I don't drink so I didn't check out the wine list. However, I hear it was quite the list to choose from.Special Features:
- Simply AMAZING!luvfinediningDined on 10/17/2014Celebrated my anniversary at Bacchanalia. It was our first visit. So glad I chose this place!! Absolutely AMAZING! From the food to the ambiance to the service! So wonderful! They really made it extra special for me and my husband :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great atmosphereLGAndersonDined on 10/16/2014The quality of the food was fantastic, and the flavors were great. Bacchanalia is definitely a fun place to go for a date night or intimate celebration.Special Features:
- Best meal I ever had!suzieDined on 10/15/2014Seriously I can't stress enough how wonderful this restaurant is. We have eaten at a lot of top rated restaurants but Bacchanalia was the tops! I highly recommend the Veal Sweetbreads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculously loud and uglyRazchrisDined on 10/10/2014I made a big mistake. I reserved a table for our wedding anniversary at this Restaurant. What a waste of money for all of you who have dined there. The place look like a cafeteria, with white tiled walls, basic tables and very uncomfortable chairs. It seems like there are 20 waiters moving constantly, shaking the floor of this old looking building, so you feel like on a train with constant rumbling. The noise? Oh boy, good luck maintaining a romantic conversation! It is like day trading inside Wall Street. I cannot comment on food (which seemed great looking at the menu). But who cares. I'm paying for the entire experience and Bacchanalia fell big time to all its other important elements.
- Perfect eveningjomayDined on 10/9/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary and we couldn't ask for more. Food was the best so far that I have tasted this year. We have been to most of the top 50 restaurants in Atlanta and to us, this is the No. 1 restaurant !! Service was awesome. We have been here a few years ago. Food was great then but this time, it is super delicious. Will definitely recommend this to our friends. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectDouglasvilleiteDined on 10/8/2014Always a great experience. First time dining with new menu of 5 course price fixe. Three courses followed by cheese course and dessert No pressure when you arrive they make sure you are comfortable and let you take your time to look over the menu and take the time to go through each part of the menu. Each course had a nice variation of items to choose from. Waiters have full knowledge of the food and wine on the menu All of the courses were outstanding, ample time between courses for you to take your time and enjoy them. Presentations were perfect You can see and feel the attention to the finest of details across the board AS usual everything was perfectSpecial Features:
- Every course devineParmQueenDined on 10/6/2014We enjoyed the five course prix fix menu. There were several selections in each course from which to choose and all were exquisitely prepared with interesting well balanced flavors. For women the portion sizes were just right and we left the table satisfied but not overwhelmed or over stuffed. Three delightful amuse bouche appeared throughout the evening and the sweets tray after dessert was the proverbial icing on the cake. If you love great food and service this is a must visit restaurant.Special Features:
- almost perfectcouldhavenDined on 10/4/2014The food was amazing, however there is too much traffic near the kitchen. We understand the team service point. It was not very relaxing. Overall our anniversary was alright. Our previous experiences have been better.Special Features:
- Dining ExcellenceMarcelVIPDined on 10/4/2014Exquisite dishes complemented with excellen service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining.NouvieDined on 10/4/2014I live in Washington, DC which, no doubt, is known for some high-end dining. I was in Atlanta for my mother's birthday and chose to celebrate it at Bacchanalia based on some media recommendations. Besides having sampled some of the best restaurants in DC, I have had some wonderful dining experiences in NY and several countries in Western Europe. This restaurant rivaled all of them. I can say, without reservation, that this is best, most balanced meal I've had in quite some time. The choices within each course were ample enough to please anyone's taste and the well considered wine pairings complemented everything perfectly. The portions were perfectly sized and each course built upon the last and prepared you for the next. Five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsmidtowndinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I went for a special occasion. The food was delicious and the servers took very good care of us.Special Features:
- Simply OutstandingTheShadowDined on 10/2/2014There are expensive restaurants and overpriced restaurants. Bacchanalia is expensive, but well worth it. Each course was astounding. The service was impeccable, attentive and unobtrusive. Atlanta is lucky to have this restaurant,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.