1198 Howell Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.starprovisions.com/
- Phone: 4043650410x22
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday from 6:00pm
Closed on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anne Quatrano/Clifford Harrison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bacchanalia
Bacchanalia is Atlanta’s most celebrated restaurant featuring contemporary American cuisine from chefs/owners Anne Quatrano and Clifford Harrison. Expect incredibly fresh and flavorful choices with masterful preparation and presentation. Bacchanalia’s seasonal menu relies entirely on organic ingredients, many sourced from Anne and Clifford’s farm, so that diners can have an utterly unique dining experience each time they return. Bacchanalia offers a five-course prix fixe menu composed of a cold appetizer course, fish course, entrée course, cheese course and dessert course for $85 per person. The menu can also be ordered a la carte at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bacchanalia - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
Bacchanalia reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (162)fit for foodies (150)romantic (125)notable wine list (108)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (15)good for groups (14)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Simply the bestJLDCEOVIPDined on 10/21/2014One of the great meals of all time. Nothing you can order will disappoint.Special Features:
- Bacchanalia'dOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Decided to come here after a friend recommended it. I already knew I'd be dropping 200+ for 5 small portioned meals, but I was okay with that. The main reason I went was to celebrate my move to Atlanta. The food was unique, maybe a bit too ambitious with the flavor combinations they were going for, however I'd still recommend trying to finish each dish. I don't drink so I didn't check out the wine list. However, I hear it was quite the list to choose from.Special Features:
- Simply AMAZING!luvfinediningDined on 10/17/2014Celebrated my anniversary at Bacchanalia. It was our first visit. So glad I chose this place!! Absolutely AMAZING! From the food to the ambiance to the service! So wonderful! They really made it extra special for me and my husband :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I ever had!suzieDined on 10/15/2014Seriously I can't stress enough how wonderful this restaurant is. We have eaten at a lot of top rated restaurants but Bacchanalia was the tops! I highly recommend the Veal Sweetbreads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculously loud and uglyRazchrisDined on 10/10/2014I made a big mistake. I reserved a table for our wedding anniversary at this Restaurant. What a waste of money for all of you who have dined there. The place look like a cafeteria, with white tiled walls, basic tables and very uncomfortable chairs. It seems like there are 20 waiters moving constantly, shaking the floor of this old looking building, so you feel like on a train with constant rumbling. The noise? Oh boy, good luck maintaining a romantic conversation! It is like day trading inside Wall Street. I cannot comment on food (which seemed great looking at the menu). But who cares. I'm paying for the entire experience and Bacchanalia fell big time to all its other important elements.
- Perfect eveningjomayDined on 10/9/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary and we couldn't ask for more. Food was the best so far that I have tasted this year. We have been to most of the top 50 restaurants in Atlanta and to us, this is the No. 1 restaurant !! Service was awesome. We have been here a few years ago. Food was great then but this time, it is super delicious. Will definitely recommend this to our friends. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectDouglasvilleiteDined on 10/8/2014Always a great experience. First time dining with new menu of 5 course price fixe. Three courses followed by cheese course and dessert No pressure when you arrive they make sure you are comfortable and let you take your time to look over the menu and take the time to go through each part of the menu. Each course had a nice variation of items to choose from. Waiters have full knowledge of the food and wine on the menu All of the courses were outstanding, ample time between courses for you to take your time and enjoy them. Presentations were perfect You can see and feel the attention to the finest of details across the board AS usual everything was perfectSpecial Features:
- Every course devineParmQueenDined on 10/6/2014We enjoyed the five course prix fix menu. There were several selections in each course from which to choose and all were exquisitely prepared with interesting well balanced flavors. For women the portion sizes were just right and we left the table satisfied but not overwhelmed or over stuffed. Three delightful amuse bouche appeared throughout the evening and the sweets tray after dessert was the proverbial icing on the cake. If you love great food and service this is a must visit restaurant.Special Features:
- almost perfectcouldhavenDined on 10/4/2014The food was amazing, however there is too much traffic near the kitchen. We understand the team service point. It was not very relaxing. Overall our anniversary was alright. Our previous experiences have been better.Special Features:
- Dining ExcellenceMarcelVIPDined on 10/4/2014Exquisite dishes complemented with excellen service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining.NouvieDined on 10/4/2014I live in Washington, DC which, no doubt, is known for some high-end dining. I was in Atlanta for my mother's birthday and chose to celebrate it at Bacchanalia based on some media recommendations. Besides having sampled some of the best restaurants in DC, I have had some wonderful dining experiences in NY and several countries in Western Europe. This restaurant rivaled all of them. I can say, without reservation, that this is best, most balanced meal I've had in quite some time. The choices within each course were ample enough to please anyone's taste and the well considered wine pairings complemented everything perfectly. The portions were perfectly sized and each course built upon the last and prepared you for the next. Five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsmidtowndinerDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I went for a special occasion. The food was delicious and the servers took very good care of us.Special Features:
- Simply OutstandingTheShadowDined on 10/2/2014There are expensive restaurants and overpriced restaurants. Bacchanalia is expensive, but well worth it. Each course was astounding. The service was impeccable, attentive and unobtrusive. Atlanta is lucky to have this restaurant,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InAnneVIPDined on 10/2/2014Servers would conststently interrupt conversation versus waiting to be acknowledged. This annyed my guests.
- Fabulous experience!AtlantafoodieVIPDined on 10/1/2014We went here for a girls dinner and loved our entire experience! Our service was spot on and fabulous and we couldn't get over the wonderful food. We would be here every might if possible!Special Features:
- ExcellentBearVIPDined on 9/30/2014Don't miss if you are in Atlanta, is one of the must delicious Restaurants I've ever beenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalJGourmetDined on 9/29/2014I love Bacchanalia. I have not been here for some time and this time it was as exceptional as the last time. The food and pairings of multiple tastes are well-thought out. The service is attentive without being overly so. This is indeed a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2014We had an amazing dinner and created a wonderful memory. We have not been to Bacchanalia in a while - trying out all the new restaurants instead. We went for a intimate birthday celebration. We order everything a la carte and had about 9 courses which we shared everything. The wine pairings were excellent and the food so delicious. The service was impeccable. We'll definitely be back and won't wait so long next time.Special Features:
- Absolutely OutstandingPKInTheCityVIPDined on 9/24/2014Recommended by friend and it was "over the top" and absolutely outstanding!! Don't miss this culinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary heavenMarcNAnitasrestaurantDined on 9/24/2014We went to canoe for our first anniversary and it great. We went to Bacchanalia for our second and they gave us the best table in the house; noise level great service splendid; the five courses could not be described; we had the Kumamoto oysters and we have never had oysters that way; we PLEASE TRY THEM-awesome experience the dish had sweetness, sour, crunch, minty, nutty just awesome! They waitress told us we were the first to have them- the oysters we just splendid. We were so appreciative and enjoyed every moment! They gave us treats and gifts of good in between courses that were just as good and the courses and they ani overspray desert topped off the evening!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie222Foodie222VIPDined on 9/20/2014Excellence in all aspects was not expected but delivered in a surprisingly exquisite manner. The opulent wine list was the first hint of a fabulous culinary experience to commence. Their foie gras and lamb courses are not to be missed. As are their graceful cheese selections from their own market cheese shop. You will not be disappointed. Bacchanalia is a true gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional.TammsDined on 9/20/2014Took my wife to Bacchanalia for her birthday dinner. Service was excellent; attentive without being oppressive and staff was professional and knowledgeable about foods being offered that evening and wines on both their wine list and pairing menu. Recommend the food and wine pairing menu, however, an extensive wine list is available for wines by the bottle as well. Each course was a work of art and gastronomic excellence! We paid an additional $10 for the cheese course before dessert - totally worth the extra stipend if you're into cheese - we each selected 4 from a list of 12. Bacchanalia has enjoyed the reputation as one of the best restaurants in Atlanta (if not the best!) for years with good reason! Highly recommend - will return! Soon!Special Features:
- Best food in the USSammyDined on 9/20/2014the only negativ point we had was a very dusty chandelier over our table .at one point i had to take a flake of dust from the table befor my wife saw it so it would not ruin our special daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlanta's farm to table starcnalscVIPDined on 9/19/2014We arrived early and had to wait while others were seated ahead of us, getting us off to a bit of a bad start. Situated on the west side of Midtown, behind the Star Provisions market that sells foodstuffs and kitchen accoutrements. Once finally seated, the evening improved. There’s a five course prix fixe menu, from which you pick options for each course of fresh farm to table food; the tomatoes, crab fritter, NY strip, Berkshire and muscadine souffle were the stars; cheeses a bit of a disappointment. Interesting wine list; service is friendly, helpful and correct. Very noisy. We wouldn’t categorize Bacchanalia as our best dining experience in Atlanta, but it was quite pleasant. Long wait for a cab post meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Outstanding! Food and service was impeccable!! Husband really enjoyed the apple cider!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced , unwhelmedWork4foodDined on 9/16/2014I will never come back here again the food had no flavor what so ever , very small portions and I'm ok with that if it's a small piece of something wonderful but this was just not the case the dining room was very unfitting to a $350 bill . This may have been the worse place I've ate . Not sure how they ended up on the top ten best food places in Atlanta ???? . Don't waste your time , outfit or money here . 😔😔😔
- Left me wanting moredinnerDined on 9/15/2014I was really disappointed. The first course beef tartare was good but I was served a teaspoon full. Second course was a crab fritter is some sort, served cold and soggy. Third course was steak which was delicious. Fourth course was a cheese plate. My itty bitty pice of blue cheese was buried under raw mushrooms and stuff. It was terrible. Dessert was awesome and I usually don't enjoy dessert. This was supposed to be the best restaurant in Atlanta. It can't be.Special Features:
- Always a great mealChengsterDined on 9/13/2014Been here several times and the menu is always updated with fresh choices alongside the great classic items. Everything is delicious on the menu and service is always impeccable. The peach smoothie wasn't so great because it had chunks of ice not well blended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014So chic, so delicious. Unparalleled service and exquisite prix fixe menu for every taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food ExpereinceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014We want to Bacchanalia for a special occasion. The multi course dinner, surprises and attentive staff made it a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Awesome....SmackdaddyDined on 9/11/2014If your budget alowes, eat here, you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!!LUVBACCHANALIADined on 9/10/2014We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary here, and are very glad that we did. After reading all of the positive reviews, we figured we couldn't go wrong, and this would be a great occasion to give it a try. We enjoyed our entire experience from beginning to end. This restaurant has the same small plate concept as Restaurant Eugene's, but less expensive. The food well flavored and the service attentive enough to allow you to enjoy your experience without interruption. The rainbow trout was the most memorable course of the meal (very well seasoned and flavorful). They also presented us with a small tiered cupcake for our anniversary. Overall I would rate this restaurant a 5 Star and would definitely recommend going.Special Features:
- Fansy tastingChefRichardDined on 9/10/2014The meal was finely orchestrated, like watching a ballet of pretty food with symphony of taste in your mouth. This is a place to enjoy the taste and presentation of food. The portions appeared to be small, but were designed for tasting and presentation. We had the five course tasting with few wine pairings and it was well over $300 for two people. Still, I would say it was a very good value. Service was 6 stars as was the food and presentation. We had well over a half dozen servers taking care of our every need. Every second at least one server was closely insuring we were happy with everything, promptly clearing for the next course with pallet cleansers as treats between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible.sd20Dined on 9/6/2014This is definitely a totally worth it special occasion spot. We went for my boyfriend's birthday. Everything from the initial ambiance, to the romantic seating, to the fabulous wine list and menu were perfect. I've heard mixed reviews, but after trying the food and loving literally everything, I highly recommend it. The service was great, not overly present but perfectly, seamlessly timed. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as last experiencesstaney33Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I go here for our anniversary dinners. We've always thought the food was delicious and we opt for the recommended wine pairings. Our last experience wasn't as positive. We always ask our servers for menu recommendations. I wasn't very impressed by the recommendations that we received from our server, they were hit or miss. My husband also found a fly in his $18 (for a half glass) of wine. Now, the restaurant handled that very well and provided us with a free desert and a free whole glass of wine for both my husband and myself. Overall I thought the food was good, not great, and below expectations for price point and reputation.Special Features:
- A perfect dining experience.BillDined on 9/4/2014Hard to beat the wonderful meal and excellent service. The timing of the serving of each course was spot on which really enhanced the dining experience. Not cheap but well worth it. For special occasions, this would be my first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Private2IVIPDined on 9/3/2014One of the best in town, hands down. The flavors were absolutely elegant. Service was fast, courteous and knowlegeable.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerNickDined on 9/2/2014Food was excellent. Servers were friendly, but were very awkward at times and standing around tables. We would wait up to 20 min between each course, which was not consistent timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finest Dining ExperiencelovetoeatDined on 9/2/2014Had dinner for our 30th Anniversary and the experience was exceptional. They were so attentive they knew what I wanted even before I did. I love dining and this ranked as one of the most flavorful and well prepared foods I have had the pleasure to enjoy. It is rather expensive, but the experience is so wonderful it was well worth the price. It is a 5 course meal, but then they surprise you with 4 more chef specials throughout the evening. Recommend to eat slowly to enjoy the amazing combination of flavors. From there, enjoy the memory of a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 for a reasonfashfamilyVIPDined on 8/30/2014We've wanted to come here for years so my wife surprised me with dinner for my birthday. From the moment we walked in the door the service was outstanding. The room is beautiful (elegant but not opulent). We ordered the beef tartare, foie gras, crab fritter, sweet breads, lamb, duck, burrata and blue cheeses, fried fig hand pies, and the peach souffle. I would order each of them again in a heart beat. Each course was perfectly prepared. At first glance, the portions seemed small. But after two hours of dining, plus a few extra items brought out by the server, it was more than enough. Everyone should try this restaurant at least once. It withstood the years of hype and justified being the #1 restaurant in Atlanta.Special Features: