1198 Howell Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.starprovisions.com/
- Phone: 4043650410x22
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday from 6:00pm
Closed on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anne Quatrano/Clifford Harrison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bacchanalia
Bacchanalia is Atlanta’s most celebrated restaurant featuring contemporary American cuisine from chefs/owners Anne Quatrano and Clifford Harrison. Expect incredibly fresh and flavorful choices with masterful preparation and presentation. Bacchanalia’s seasonal menu relies entirely on organic ingredients, many sourced from Anne and Clifford’s farm, so that diners can have an utterly unique dining experience each time they return. Bacchanalia offers a five-course prix fixe menu composed of a cold appetizer course, fish course, entrée course, cheese course and dessert course for $85 per person. The menu can also be ordered a la carte at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bacchanalia - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
Bacchanalia reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (161)fit for foodies (137)romantic (125)notable wine list (104)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (16)good for groups (13)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Incredible dining experienceEatwithasmileonyourfaceDined on 8/29/2014OMG!!! I love the wonderful food presentation and service. Oh did I mention the menu choices....outstanding. So this is what it feels like to dine like the rich and famous.....Love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time still fantasticzmoneyDined on 8/23/2014To put it simply, there is a reason this restaurant is the best in Atlanta. The food is a five course tasting menu with a few interspersions from the kitchen such as an amuse bouche or a small treat in between courses. The menu changes seasonally, so there is usually something new to come back to. The service is impeccable. They're unobtrusive, friendly and professional. For an inexperienced diner the wine/spirits list is overwhelming. There are about 25 pages of beer/liquor and wine. The only two things to point out to newcomers: The restaurant is in the back of the STAR PROVISIONS store. If you come in the evening, it looks like it is closed, you have to walk through to the back. The cheese cart is better than the cheese courses.Special Features:
- Amazing experience!FoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014This place is much more than just the food. It's an experience in itself. The service was impeccable and they made our birthday celebration that much more special. Definitely worth it!Special Features:
- ImpeccableKathyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Every time I have visited this restaurant, everything was impeccable--food, wine, service, ambiance. This time was no exception--perfection. The menu includes enough variety to please those who want 'traditional' dishes as well as the more adventurous. It is an Atlanta treasure and holds it own with any of the few truely fine dining restaurants in the U.S.Special Features:
- Really good...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014We sat in the normal dining area and crafted our own courses...followed the recommended pairings and were not disappointed! Great food and wonderful presentation...will definitely return when back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very lovely mealVjgvVIPDined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed our interesting dinner. My husband and I ordered different items for our five course meal to try a variety of dishes. Most were very good some were a bit odd, but still pleasant. For us this type of dining is for occasional splurges but to each his own. The service was very attentive without being intrusive. My drink needed to be sent back but then it was right on and very good, so that was really not an issue. The waiter chose a lovely wine for my husband and he raved about it. This area has gotten to be so popular that it is a bit crowded and parking can be a hastle so that does take away from the overall enjoyment. The patron's dress here was a mixed bag, some were a bit casual for business casual. We will be back.Special Features:
- Still the most elevated in ATLMbsbVIPDined on 8/13/2014After all these years, still the most elevated dining experience in Atlanta. Tasting menu with lots of good choices, even for vegetarians, tiny portions of each dish but by the time you walk out of there you are sated. Several eye-closing dishes but the peach soufflé was perfection. One other plus - a reasonable (for a poe of its level) corkage policySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerwoconDined on 8/12/2014We got to the restaurant on a weeknight and it was not too busy. The staff was friendly and the food was great. great drink and wine list. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Never Again!!! what a waste!traveller88Dined on 8/11/2014Visiting a restaurant that has been named Atlanta's best for years, I expected to be wowed with unforgettable meals...that would make us moan with every bite we take. Only one course that I can say was pretty good..which was a little tiny bitty bite of crab fritter. The rest? Blah...disappointment. We are foodies that travel every month for pleasure and have been to many great restaurants all over. And all I can say about Bacchanalia is bad experience & such a waste of money. Don't waste yours!
- GREAT U pay 4bernie52VIPDined on 8/9/2014Took our niece out to celebrate her Big Girl life after graduating university, getting a job and apartment. A wonderful night being amazed at the dish prep and memorable tastes. Have not been to Bacchanalia in 15 years so could not help being nostalgic. Way better than our recent visit to Eugene which is a similar styled food experience. Our niece graduated Johnson&Wales in Culinary and event Planning - she thought the evening was perfection in service and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty much what you'd expectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014We had a great time and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakloverSteakloverDined on 8/8/2014Our experience at Bacchanalia was fabulous! The service was wonderful! The food was excellent! The atmosphere was comfortable and relaxing! What more could you ask for?!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningMandCeatDined on 8/4/2014Great experience from the beginning to the end. This was our first time dining at Bacchanalia and we were unaware that the entrance was inside Star Provisions, but the young lady working up front pointed us in the right direction. As we entered Bacchanalia we were greeted promptly and warmly. The service was top notch through our entire meal. I like the concept of this restaurant, 5 courses with at least 5 options for each course. Every dish was excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!AlexaDined on 8/4/2014I have been to most of the nicer restaurants in town, and have always wondered what always sets Bacchanalia above the rest in terms of reviews. Finally getting to try it out, I was happily surprised at the amazing food and even the value. I don't think I have ever been so happy to pay $85 for just food, but man did we get our money's worth. Everything was delicious, beautifully presented, and unique. The service was phenomenal. It was truly a foodie's fine dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence definedCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 8/4/2014Five-course prix fixe was beautifully prepared and presented. Highlights were foie gras, crab fritter, duck breast. Elected to have the cheese cart with port pairing, which was lovely. However, we were too full for dessert course, and unfortunately we'd both chosen frozen items that would not travel. Server packed up final, complimentary cookies to go, and as we left, the last worker in the bakery stopped us to offer a loaf of fresh bread to take home. Everything was thoughtful -- especially the pacing of the meal. Only thing I would change is the decor -- it's a little cold and bare.Special Features:
- Best in AtlBrentDined on 8/1/2014Bacchanalia never disappoints. Food, wine list, service are as good as you can findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent, highest qualityGeorgiaGuyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Food is consistently creative, fresh, and of the highest quality. Paired with the recommended wines for each course makes this experience complete. Service is consistent and appropriate if a bit stuffy at times. Continues to set the standard as Atlanta's best. Valet parking needs work as the center is very busy with several different restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth one visit, but not againChickenBiscuitDined on 8/1/2014Food was very interesting and good. For someone that likes to sample the world you should go once BUT it's really not worth the price. I understand small portions but some of it was a joke. I didn't leave hungry thanks to the bread. The atmosphere was probably the biggest disappointment. On a Friday evening it was more quiet than church. That and the seating is about 16 inches apart and having a conversation with a date becomes awkward. I wore a suit and tie and felt overdressed for $300 dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Foodie ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Incredible dinning experience and first class service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely excellentAtl1847VIPDined on 7/26/2014Every aspect of our experience at Bacchanalia was superb. The food is really of a higher order than you're likely to experience elsewhere. It is an expression of great talent. We were attended to with perfection; our needs were anticipated with just the right degree of touch. We will be back as soon as we can find another occasion worthy of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Service was wonderful. Food was very average. My steak (medium rare) was very tough. I dined with a party of 3, and everyone rated the food a 6.
- BartowVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food and service was fantastic. Had one glass of wine each and I have never paid that much $30.00 each.Special Features:
- A special food experiencepufferooVIPDined on 7/23/2014This is really one of the best restaurants, perhaps in the entire country. Beautifully conceived, prepared, and presented dishes. Combining the latest techniques and ingredients, but maintaining an all-American, southern comfort-food sense of satisfaction with each bite. The restaurant itself is understated and elegant but not stuffy. It is a bit hard to find, since it is hidden through the back of a nice cookwares store.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceUXseekerDined on 7/23/2014My husband and I went to dinner to celebrate his birthday and this was a wonderful dining experience. Every course was superb with excellent wine pairings. We opted for a cocktail to begin with our first course appetizers. We chose the half glass wine option so we could sample various wine pairings for the different courses. Food and service were excellent. The service staff were always on the lookout to meet our needs and the 2 hour service went by in the blink of an eye.Special Features:
- danielrLDined on 7/22/2014Superb menu, wine and alcohol selection. Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable Evening at BacchanaliaragartsDined on 7/22/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary and had an excellent dining experience. From being greeted at the host desk with "Happy Anniversary" (and it has been several years since we last dined at Bacchanalia) to the tray of complimentary sweets that closed out the meal, we couldn't have asked for a better evening. Each dish was delicious and beautifully presented, wines that had been selected to pair with each course were an excellent match, and the service was friendly and professional. Our only criticism is that the space itself, lacks a bit of warmth. Our preference for a special occasion meal is for a dining room that is a bit quieter, more warmly decorated and exudes a bit of elegance. (Oh how we miss the Ritz Carlton Dining Room!)Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Atlanta!MarcusAurelius2Dined on 7/22/2014Even with the many multi star restaurant's in Atlanta, you can still have, at least, one item on the menu that isn't up to your expectations. This time, we were very pleased with EVERYTHING!! From the little cheese puffs at the very beginning, to the after dessert tray of treats. I'm a HUGE FAN of beets, and I wasn't disappointed with the cheese course of mixed pickled beets with goat cheese. My stomach was doing a little "happy dance". We were celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary, and they gave us a very special extra dessert. It was a very Happy dinner, indeed!Special Features:
- Yes even gluten free perfectionMrsWestDined on 7/21/2014We are very happy to let you know that the staff had gluten free dining down pat! They recommended dishes that were gluten free, made special corn muffins to replace the bread, and were very conscientious about our needs. The confit foie gras terrine with peach, blackberry and peanut was a winner.Second course, the north Georgia rainbow trout with fennel and browned butter was delicious. Pork loin and pork belly was a fabulous combination of tender, thinly sliced pork with a crispy cube of pork belly. This seemed to us the winner of all of the delicious third course In between courses the chef sent out gifts of cheese puffs for some and compressed peach for the gluten free gift; delicious tomato watermelon gazpacho in a shot glass. A+++Special Features:
- Great food + Great serviceEccoFanDined on 7/19/2014The food was outstanding and the service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baccha"Nice"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Wonderful atmosphere and detailed service. Food created an experience from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacchanalia - still fabulous!LongfoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014Went to Bacchanalia to celebrate our anniversary. My husband had never been and I hadn't been there in many years. I was a bit concerned about the quantity of food for him; however, that was NO PROBLEM. Every course was complex and delicious and we left completely satisfied. I highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Special date nightnewlywedfoodiesDined on 7/15/2014My wife and I like to choose a couple of days out of the month each month to have a special night together. We decided to go to Bacchanalia because one of our friends recommended it to us. We loved the romantic ambience, it was perfect for couples. While we were there another couple got engaged. Great place to propose. Food and service was good. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ Dining in AtlantaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014I have read serval reviews and articles about the restaurant. It certainly lived up to the acclaim. The service was excellent. Each food dish was unexpected pleasure. An indulgence for the senses. I throughly enjoyed myself. I booked the date four months in advance and had since forgotten they requested if I would be celebrtaing and occasion. I was pleasantly suprised when the server brought a beautiful cupcake tower with my name written in chocolate on the plate. I can't enough good things about Bacchanalia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding!ATLFoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I went to celebrate our birthdays as we do every year. Bacchanalia always provides and amazing meal with an unforgettable experience! It is a five course price fixe - with several "gifts" sent out by the kitchen. We always opt for the cheese chart, with a selection of four cheeses at an extra cost of $10, instead of picking just one. We ended up bringing out birthday cake home to eat for breakfast the next morning. Before leaving we booked next year's birthday dinner! It really is that good! The most amazing and attentive staff - everyone there is extremely helpful and goes the extra distance to make sure everything is perfect for your meal. I highly recommend for a special occasion or amazing meal!Special Features:
- Great dining experiencepwillieDined on 7/11/2014Bacchanalia offers a 5 course prix fixe menu with 5 choices in each category. On top of that, between some courses you are given a "gift from the chef." For us, this turned into an 8 course meal. Wine pairings are offered in half glass pours, and each is optional. I would definitely go back when visiting Atlanta.Special Features:
- Being in HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Thank you for this sensorial experience. We were nostalgic of our Europe and being at Bacchanalia it brought us back to the best of Paris, Spain, Italy.........etc in USA. We were very surprised for having found this in ATL. Excellent chef & team for all their creations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014My son and I recently had dinner at Bacchanalia, it was outstanding. The service was perfect and so was the meal. My son is Celiac and the chef accommodated him wonderfully. We will return soon.Special Features:
- Fantastic!ChrisVIPDined on 7/8/2014Wow, one the best restaurants I've been to in many years, if not ever. The service is fantastic and attentive. The food portions are perfect and the taste couldn't have been better. I highly recommend dining here. It might be expensive, but you will not mind when the bill comes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding againOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/8/2014Great food; great service. Second time we've been in here 2 years, and great both times. Will be returning.Special Features:
- OutstandingJimboAkimboDined on 7/7/2014We'd been wanting to come to Bacchanalia for some time, but hadn't made it due to the need to make reservations far in advance. This we did, for my wife's birthday, and it was worth the wait. Every one of the five courses was top notch, some of the best we've ever had. The service was very good as well. The wine we chose, a Chateauneuf Du Pape, was excellent (my wife is a white wine drinker, but enjoys a good CDP, and we both loved this one, from E. Guigal 2007). We'll be back (to borrow a phrase).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.