800 Ridgewood Road
Washington Township, NJ 07676Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://bacarigrill.com/
- Phone: (201) 358-6330
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm (opening time on Sundays may vary due to private events)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter Angelakos
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bacari Grill
Since the Amoratis family opened the doors of Bacari Grill nearly a decade ago in Washington Township, NJ, the restaurant has achieved a hard-earned reputation for excellence in fine dining, and friendly, professional service. If you are seeking a relaxing, tasteful environment for dining, a creative martini in the lounge, or banquets for every occasion including corporate functions, Bacari Grill is the perfect choice!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bacari Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (12)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (9)romantic (9)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Decent FareOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/6/2014Decent fare. Could be made WAY better by creating it from scratch instead of pre made matzo like doughSpecial Features:
- Don't bother to go after 9pmOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/5/2014Made a reservation for 9:30, which was available. Traveling and knew I needed the late spot. I called to make sure it wasn't a problem. They said it was fine. As soon as I was seated the waitress came straight over to make sure I knew the kitchen was closing but "don't rush". The meal was bad. The bus boys were clearing plates while we had our forks in our mouths. Needless to say, they shouldn't say it's not a problem and have reservation times available when they clearly do not want you to come in. Will not return tot his restaurant at any time. Unimpressed all the way around.
- MarieVIPDined on 10/29/2014We have been dining at Barcari Grill for several years now, sometimes twice a week. The service is excellent, and we have never had a bad meal. The menu changes a bit from time to time, which is nice, and there are always interesting specials. Very nice wine selection as well. The restaurant is always full, even during the week, and on the weekend we try to get there early to get a table. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- PMJoeAPMJoeADined on 10/28/2014Food was timely and delicious. Place is beautiful. My only negative is we overheard another waiter tell of the "specials" and we were not told of the ravioli appetizer.Special Features:
- Only the Memories Remain :(JanTrishVIPDined on 10/27/2014Bacari Grill was home of the birthday dinner with the family. It was the anniversary gathering for a good time with fine food and friends. On a Monday night, the bar was full, and two tables occupied. I suspect we were all going to a local book signing or the luscious room would have been empty. A lackluster menu, aggressive prices for (previously frozen)Shrimp Scampi ($32.) or a way beyond the al dente stage linguini with a scattering of (previously frozen) seafood ($26.) was simply a mockery to fine dining. The smart folks were part of the pick-up scene at the active bar.Special Features:
- Great... As always!ZooeyDined on 10/22/2014Alway a pleasure! The food is consistently good as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacari Grill, Washington TownshipKleeVIPDined on 10/20/2014Bacari Grill is a reliable and formidable restaurant that is great for any occasion. The varied menu and selections will appeal to everyone and the food is tastefully prepared and presented by friendly and efficient staff. I would highly recommend this establishment for a casual or more formal meal. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!PollyDined on 10/20/2014Had lunch at Bacari's with a group of former colleagues earlier this week. I'm vegetarian they aren't, we all found items on the menu to our liking. The food was plentiful, the presentation excellent, and most importantly the taste was delish. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great restaurant in neighborhoodKleeVIPDined on 9/25/2014Bacari Grill is a reliable dining venue for both lunch and dinner. The food is consistently fresh and tasty. Good plate presentation. Bacari Grill has become a nice "power lunch" setting for business people as well as "ladies lunches". The servers are very attentive and eager to please. You will not be disappointed by this establishment. It has been in business a long time so that proves something. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean platesFoodiesDined on 9/23/2014Fish tacos were great. Veggie & pita grilled nicely. BLT salad vibrant and perfectly dressed. Pesto chicken on chibata delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacari grillKleeVIPDined on 8/26/2014A great local restaurant- Something for everyone. Good business lunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rangerDined on 8/15/2014I found it to b a 100 star rating from the food to service. im sold and currently a regular customer..love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable lunchmcm090304Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent service and nice lunch selection. Great quality food. Would recommend highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 92 reviews are from the Bacari Grill reviews archive.
- Food typically great, service so-sohf201Dined on 7/7/2014We have always had great experiences at Bacari. So, when we planned our anniversary dinner there recently, we had reasonable high expectations. The food delivered on those expectations; the service was spotty compared to previous visits. We tried to book a table for two at 7:30 through Open Table. It showed openings only at 6 or 9. We opted for 6 (earlier than we would like for a special occasion). When we got there at 5:55, maybe a third of the tables were occupied. When we left around 7:30, it was only about 3/4 full. Why so few options through Open Table? The next day we got curt emails asking why we didn't honor our reservation. Huh? Also, our server left out several specials we overheard another server offer the table next to ours.Special Features:
- Best priced fixed lunchMarkVIPDined on 6/25/2014At $16, great buy, salad, fish, desert! All portions were regular size. Very nice seating. Very good and attentive service. Best buy aroung town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good LunchReviewmanVIPDined on 6/25/2014Pizza was good. Plus ziti was good too altho sauce was not so great. Place gets crowed for lunch with the geriatric squad
- Great time with good friendssleepingdog3Dined on 5/28/2014My friends and I were looking for a nice restaurant at which to gather for a ladies' lunch that would allow us to spend a lot of time together, as well as enjoy a quality meal. Bacari Grill was spot on in both these categories. Our server was very gracious, never rushed us, seeming to know we were enjoying our time together. We tried a platter of antipasto items to start, which was fabulous. So much to choose from, everything tasted fresh and flavorful. A couple of us got the Power Lunch special- a great deal for the price. All in all, an excellent dining experience for all who attended. Thanks Bacari Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great SettingHankMVIPDined on 12/30/2013Very nice place. Good menu, quality of food is very good. Wait staff is very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was above agerageRobGDined on 9/30/2013The food was above agerage and the lunch menu is very good. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Place Worth a Repeat VisitnirnieDined on 7/2/2013We have gone to Bacari about half a dozen times with friends and it's always a pleasant experience. the tables are large and spaced well, the service is prompt and the food good, not great, but when you're in the middle of a good conversation, you don't necessarily concentrate on the food. The prices are fair and the inside and outside of the restaurant are both pleasant to look at. It's definitely a repeat experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My high school friends haveJATSDined on 12/27/2012My high school friends have been meeting here for lunch every year around the holidays. The staff is very accommodating and never rushes us out. Sometimes we're there for hours! The food is great too!Special Features:
- Very noisy, food was okay,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2012Very noisy, food was okay, service was terrible. They serve warm water (no ice). They try to do too much. Sushi, italian, steak, and everything in between.
- Ambiance was great, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2011Ambiance was great, food was fantastic and service was outstanding! Great night out!
- have been there a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2011have been there a few times and has always been consistantSpecial Features:
- Have eaten here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/2/2011Have eaten here many times and feel the quality of the food has declined. Also, they need to revise the menu from time to time.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/23/2011We thoroughly enjoyed our experience here. The place has an intimate, understated elegance that is warm and inviting. From the moment we stepped through the main doors, we were treated very well. Service was efficient and attentive without being distracting. All of the food we ordered was incredibly tasty. The menu itself has something for everyone. We even ordered several sides because we didn't want to miss out on anything. Even the desserts were wonderful. (Suggestion - get the sundae; you won't be disappointed!) We will definitely bring our friends and visit again very soon.Special Features:
- First time there and I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2011First time there and I expected better. Waiter was there to take an order and bring it. Nothing more. Asked for a window table and there were three available and was told they were reserved. Two remained open for the evening. I had made my reservations two weeks in advance but didn't ask for a window. As said, food was good but just regular, nothing exciting.
- excellent, server was a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2011excellent, server was a little busy and kept apologizing for not getting to us. would definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- This is a lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2011This is a lovely restaurant and the special of soft shell crabs was delicious. It was my mother's birthday and they made the appropriate fuss.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2011Consistently fine restaurant. Have been here four or five times and each time food is excellent, service is friendly, efficient, attentive, atmosphere is lively without being intrusive. I keep coming back because I know it will be a fine exprience for me and my dining guests.Special Features:
- Acceptable venue for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2011Acceptable venue for lunch but nothing stands out and this is after coming more than a few times times over a span of several months.
- I enjoyed every aspect ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2011I enjoyed every aspect of my dining experience and felt that there was a price point available for most budgets.Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2011Food was good, service was below par considering the price and atmosphere (lack of knowledge on wine, forgotten pizza appetizer).Special Features:
- Always a pleasureable experience.Sammy914VIPDined on 6/5/2011Always a pleasureable experience. Good wait staff, excellent tuna & salmon dishes. Dumplings left a bit to be desired (too doughy). All in all a good place for dinner & drinksSpecial Features:
- Bacari has been one of myOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/26/2011Bacari has been one of my favorite dining haunts, and the owner, Carol, is most caring and concerned with her guests. The staff is fabulous taking care of your every need. The chef, Peter, prepares and executes wonderful culinary delights. Over-all, it is one of my favorite dining palaces. HaroldSpecial Features:
- Very good food - imaginativeOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/12/2011Very good food - imaginative and wonderful and consistently that way.Special Features:
- Doesn't get betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2011Upon arrival I was greeted by John Amoratis, the owner of Bacari Grill. I felt immediately comfortable and had one of the best dining experiences I've had in recent years. The food and the preparation was superb. It was a great experience overall and I give it my highest recommendation.Special Features:
- The food at Bacari was muchDaveDined on 5/3/2011The food at Bacari was much better than expected and so was the atmosphere. Great place all around. Prices were decent too.Special Features:
- We used to come here often.ManwasihungryVIPDined on 4/15/2011We used to come here often. First time back in awhile and I noticed the crowd is smaller and the food was not as good as before.
- We have been there many times,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/25/2011We have been there many times, Friday night the service was very slow. The food was fine. I am glad to have a place, locally, that has a lively bar sean and you can go after a movie.Special Features: