Baca at The Inverness Hotel
200 Inverness Drive West
Englewood, CO 80112Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Baca at The Inverness Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.savorbaca.com/
- Phone: (303) 397-7222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Rodney Herwerth
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room seats up to 20 comfortably. Offers skylight, with adjustable lighting for dining pleasure.
- Private Party Contact: Traci Bray 3033976303
- Special Events: Visit SavorBaca.com for more information on special menus, events and recipes.
A word from Baca at The Inverness Hotel
Baca is an unparalleled dining experience featuring contemporary Colorado fusion cuisine with tastes and techniques from all over the world. Named after one of the state's most influential families, Baca's menu features a tempting array of regional favorites conceived by our award-winning chefs who bring their own unique interpretation to the dishes by exploring the history and Castilian origins of Colorado cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Baca at The Inverness Hotel - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Baca at The Inverness Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (9)romantic (9)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dissapointing in Every WayBopisDined on 12/15/2012Ambiance was horrible--waiters in jeans, oldies on the radio, lighting positioned so it shined RIGHT in your eyes in the booths. We were the only couple there when we arrived on a Saturday night and they hostess proceeded to seat a group of 4 women right next to us even though the place was entirely empty. We ordered a panko goat cheese appetizer that was one single ball of goat cheese in a cloyingingly sweet berry sauce. My husband's salmon and potatoes were acceptable, but my roasted duckling was pretty much inedible. The skin was still soft with no fat rendered out, so it was just a layer of lard on top of rather dry meat with an AWFUL rice pilaf. We were so dissapointed we left and went to Starbucks for dessert. We will not go back
- Food was excellent...howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/15/2012Food was excellent...however we were looking for something more formal and better ambiance...Baca did not provide either.Special Features:
- Not a Spanish dish in sight...T9405VIPDined on 12/15/2012The description of the restaurant leads one to think there is a Spanish flare to the food. That is not the case at all! The food is merely hotel/conference/banquet food. While it was edible, it was certainly nothing to write home about. There was little attention to seasoning - literally no salt. The prices were extremely high for food and wine. The reviews were right - no one in the restaurant - very quiet. Service was friendly, but when inquiring of wine suggestions - the server said they didn't like red wine and only knew of the sweeter whites. Not a tasting note to be found... Finding the restaurant and parking were a bit frustrating as well... Overall disappointing and over priced. We will not be back...
- Not impressed with any partOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2012Not impressed with any part of our three course meal.
- Starting with the service,wgwghwVIPDined on 11/21/2012Starting with the service, it felt like we were the only ones in the restaurant -- but wait, we were! In all fairness, it was Thanksgiving Eve. Nevertheless, the service was outstanding. This is billed as a Colorado menu with a Spanish flavor. It's been a while since I was in Madrid, so maybe that is why I had a hard time recognizing the Spanish flavor, unless it was the beets or cured olives. Anyway, that did not detract from an otherwise outstanding dining experience. We had the crabcakes with watermelon salad for an appetizer, Scottish Salmon for one entree and the twin filets with lobster salad for the other. We thoroughly enjoyed them all. The decor of the restaurant recognizes Colorado and is quite impressive.Special Features:
- Best meal I have had all year!BrittVIPDined on 11/13/2012As a chef my self it's really hard for me to be 100% impressed by any restaurant. But my dinner at Baca proved to me that I can still go out to eat and love every single bite. We did small plates and got to try 5 things on the menu. I wish I could have tried more but I was so pleasantly full that I could not manage another bite. The staff was as amazing as the food. Slightly shocking for a hotel restaurant. I will be back with more people.Special Features:
- The food was great cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012The food was great cooked to perfection. Crab cakes was really yummy and the waiter was very kind and friendly and food recommendations was on point. Be back shortlySpecial Features:
- We had the duck and the bisonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012We had the duck and the bison both were delicious and the cocktails were uniqueSpecial Features:
- great food!jdmdVIPDined on 11/2/2012Food was great! Our server wasn't very knowledgeable but we love food so I'm not sure if we can hold that against them! Would most definitely be back and recommend.Special Features:
- Food was great but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012Food was great but service was bad. We're rude when we didn't order alcohol and kept asking us despite saying we didn't drink.Special Features:
- My dinner was the worst mealJulieDined on 10/26/2012My dinner was the worst meal that I have had in a long time! The service was obtrusive and not refined in any way whatsoever! Personally, I feel it was a complete waste of money!
- Food was good, except theCodownsVIPDined on 10/26/2012Food was good, except the filet of beef was not as tender as it should have been - even at medium temperature. Rodolpho provided very good service. Overall very good.
- The Unknown Scores Big!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/6/2012We weren't sure to what to expect from Baca when we chose to dine there for our 6th Anniversary. Online the menu was enticing and the 1000 points from Opentable for choosing to dine there coaxed us into trying it out. All we can say is wow! Absolutely awesome food, well paced (unrushed) service, and a calm ambience. We tried the prosciutto wrapped, blue-cheese stuffed dates on a rosemary stem skewer. Wow! We could have eaten 20 of those! Our entrees were a pork porterhouse and a crispy duck, both of which were awesome! Very generous wine selection! Baca prides themselves on getting their food and wine from sustainable sources and farms. Given that position, they are surprisingly affordable and well portioned. Highly recommend you try Baca!Special Features:
- Enjoyed a quiet evening withHalpVIPDined on 10/6/2012Enjoyed a quiet evening with family and good food.Special Features:
- Selling themselves as a tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/4/2012Selling themselves as a tapas restaurant is completely misleading. Yes, you can get marcona almonds and Iberico ham but the main courses are standard fare: burgers and meatloaf. If you are staying at the Inverness, perhaps go for dinner (that is paid for by your company) but don't spend your own money here.
- Friendly and flavorful.WWCGetawayVIPDined on 9/28/2012Made a last minute reservation and should have looked over the menu before getting my mind set for Paella at a "Spanish" restaurant. My own fault really! A few of the dishes did have a spanish twist, but were very american overall. The atmosphere was comfortable, and the noise level dropped considerably once a larger group from a convention left the dining area. The cheese/meat tray options were average. The Salmon and the Lamb were both excellent. Staff were VERY friendly and helpful with recommendations. The wine list was very good also. Did not stay for dessert, but the menu sounded interesting. Not on my "must return" list, but wouldn't be against it if I was in the area.Special Features:
- We'll definitely come back.RodAVIPDined on 9/22/2012We'll definitely come back. A surprise finding in a local hotel.
- Great food! Try the appetizers!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2012My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner at Baca. The hostess was quite friendly and our waiter kept us in stitches! (Tip: Ask for Rodolfo!) Our appetizers were great. So were our salads (we were trying to eat light). Our dessert (berries with chambord cremé) was just ok, but mostly because I don't enjoy that style of dessert. It was good quality, just not my favorite style. Anyway, we had a very enjoyable meal here and would definitely return.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodsbnurseDined on 9/7/2012We had a wild mushroom strudel appetizer that was outstanding. I had crispy duck with wild risotto and my husband had braised lamb shanks. They were both delicious and beautifully presented. We would definitely return if we were in this area again. We were attending the wedding of the daughter of some old friends the following day.Special Features:
- Baca is a well-kept secret.XavierVIPDined on 8/28/2012Baca is a well-kept secret. Ooops, I guess I let it out! We thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant. The menu is different and delicious. Can't forget the dessert which was scrumptious. We'll be back.Special Features:
- We celebrated our weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Baca on a Saturday evening and we were very pleased. The menu has standard as well as unique choices and the service was personal, knowledgeable and prompt. We requested a quiet table and they knew exactly where to seat us. Ask for Rudolpho. Tom and MargeSpecial Features:
- Surprised not busier. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012Surprised not busier. Everything quite good but virtually deserted. Perhaps not trendy, healthy, light enough?Special Features:
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2012While we were literally the only people in the restaurant until we were halfway through our meal and only 2 other tables were filled by the end of our meal, we couldn't figure out why. The food was excellent, service was friendly, and the price was reasonable. We recommend everyone try it!
- MixedgeorgiapeachVIPDined on 6/13/2012Interesting highs and lows here. I'm a global foodie, but the menu was a tad strange. It was just difficult finding something you just had to have, especially if you want to eat healthfully. Smoked meats and cheese (total fat); each soup was cream-based; I ordered the lamb shank, but I couldn't get any meat off the bone so I stayed after my guests left and ordered more food. The mushroom skillet -- now THAT was good. Also, find out if any large groups are attending. They are extremely loud, the tables are close as well.Special Features:
- I like their new menu. PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2012I like their new menu. Price more reasonable & more options.Special Features:
- We invited 2 out of town guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/20/2012We invited 2 out of town guests who were staying near Inverness. The 'main room' is unfortuantely an interior space - although nicely decorated, it does not look out onto the landscaping and golfcourse views. So...we asked if they would serve the dinner menu in the lounge which is right up against big beautiful windows - they did accommodate, but the lounge servers were not as familiar with dinner service, and the entire service was a bit 'choppy'. We would return for a cocktail, but probably not dinner.Special Features:
- Sarah's Baca Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Special Occasion (Birthday). They even came up with a desert off their old menu that is no longer offered on then current menu. The only suggestion I have for them is they should update their on-line menu to agree with their current menu as I do like to peruse the menu on=line prior to the dining experience, Will so note below.Special Features:
- Choose Flemings. Better value aBusinessTravellerVIPDined on 5/10/2012Overpriced, average food and expensive pedestrian wines. Not worth the time to visit.
- Superb dinner for Earth Hour,DiggeoDined on 3/31/2012Superb dinner for Earth Hour, we are so glad we tried this place. It is one of the best meals we've had at a restaurant in this part of town. While we had the chef's special venison and duck, we love the idea of the local artisan cheeses, and will come back to try them. Great desserts and service as well.Special Features:
- Interior location restrictsDadsthoughtsDined on 3/9/2012Interior location restricts more open view (though Fireside Lounge at the Inverness Hotel does have good views). Meal was excellent (ordered off the Restaurant Week menu, but all entrees looked great). We celebrated our anniversary and the staff did our celebration up right with personalized congrats on our (shared) desert plate. Only minor drawback was that the entree and veggies weren't quite as hot as they might be.Special Features:
- A find for Tech Center dining..oneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2012A find for Tech Center dining..one of the best restaurants I have been to. Unusual menu choices, interesting and delicious with something for everyone. Service was outstanding with wonderful ambiance. I can't wait to return!Special Features:
- It started out not good withGreatDined on 3/2/2012It started out not good with the valet off having a smoke so we had to park ourselves. Then there was no hostess at the entry of the restaurant and we had to wait a while until a waitress saw us. But, it got much better once we were seated. Every staff person was extemely polite and seem to honestly care how we were enjoying the evening. Our waiter may have been a little stretched out but there was always someone nearby to help us. The meals were great. I highly suggest trying their artistic cheese and sausages. They have a great selection and charge by the ounce. It is a superb way to mix and match your own choices. Three were perfect for the two of us and well worth it. The wine list was high but they offered 10 bottles for $20.Special Features:
- Service SLOW and restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012Service SLOW and restaurant near empty on a Saturday night. Got orders wrong multiple times from drinks to food. Waiter had difficult time with English. No background music. Food over priced.
- Lamb was very tough and notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012Lamb was very tough and not good at all. Other dish was very good.Special Features:
- Valentine dinner was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Valentine dinner was great. Service and food were more then we expected. Our dinning area was very cold and my date had to wear her coat all night.Special Features:
- Excellent service. Very romantic.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Excellent service. Very romantic. Highly recommend for valentine's day or any other special occasion.Special Features:
- great place, but very quiet....onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2012great place, but very quiet....only a few tables filled. This is a gem, but must not be known to people in the area. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great food, friendly attentiveAnnesreviewDined on 2/9/2012Great food, friendly attentive and knowledgeable wait staff, and a great wine list. We will return!Special Features:
- Our waiter Rudolpho was excellent.PeterVIPDined on 1/21/2012Our waiter Rudolpho was excellent. Food was very good. Baca is dead on the weekends, but nice for a romantic dinner.
- Saturday night morgue - weTheLloydDinersGroupVIPDined on 1/7/2012Saturday night morgue - we were the only guests there. Service was tremendous, but the food fell flat. Visually, the food was beautiful, but it was like eating pretty leftovers. I don't think any of the items we ordered were made fresh - except maybe the sole which was so salty and over seasoned that it was barely edible. Very pretty frozen dinners. It's a shame, this place has such potential.