Baca at The Inverness Hotel
200 Inverness Drive West
Englewood, CO 80112Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Baca at The Inverness Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.savorbaca.com/
- Phone: (303) 397-7222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Rodney Herwerth
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room seats up to 20 comfortably. Offers skylight, with adjustable lighting for dining pleasure.
- Private Party Contact: Traci Bray 3033976303
- Special Events: Visit SavorBaca.com for more information on special menus, events and recipes.
A word from Baca at The Inverness Hotel
Baca is an unparalleled dining experience featuring contemporary Colorado fusion cuisine with tastes and techniques from all over the world. Named after one of the state's most influential families, Baca's menu features a tempting array of regional favorites conceived by our award-winning chefs who bring their own unique interpretation to the dishes by exploring the history and Castilian origins of Colorado cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Baca at The Inverness Hotel - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Baca at The Inverness Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (9)romantic (9)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013Best food ive ever had. Wonderful! Beautiful restaurant cant wait to go back fot Sunday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the bacon appetizer was WAYOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/16/2013the bacon appetizer was WAY overpriced for what you getI would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/15/2013We wanted to check out this restaurant because of the unique menu that we found online. We were disappointed to find that they had changed their menu and had not updated it online. Rudy gave us outstanding service, he was happy to accommodate our requests. My husband had a dish that had several meats including duck, he enjoyed it. I had prime rib, it was tough and did not have a good flavor, I was disappointed. We will try this restaurant again, before we recommend it to anyone. We are hoping it was just a bad night.Special Features:
- Pleasant relaxing dining at resortWinterdaughterVIPDined on 11/12/2013We enjoyed our meal here. The crispy rainbow trout was delicious. Our servers were knowledgeable and attentive but not too fussy. Very nice atmosphere. Wish cell phones were outlawed at dinner thoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eat!PickyVIPDined on 11/8/2013We had a great server who was willing to get answers to all of our questions. The menu had gluten free options including a great desert. The food was very very good. Except for a loud party who should have been seated away (we had no desire to listen to the stories from one loud participant) from the main dinning area the evening would have been just about perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, wonderful, relaxed eleganceBethKDined on 10/18/2013Happy Birthday to me. Baca has a deliciously varied menu, from appetizers, to "planks", to entrees and desserts (pineapple upside down cake? yum!) Rudy's attentive, yet unobtrusive service made the evening relaxed and personal. The thoughtful presentation of a dish as simple as Rocky Mtn Trout was impressive. My husband and I truly felt like valued customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hotel foodjimmytheeaterDined on 10/12/2013Most of the food was palatable, nothing rose above that. Unfortunately, this is true for many hotel restaurants. The gaps between courses were too long; there were even long gaps between diners being served the same course. The restaurant was virtually empty. I don't know if it was empty because their food is barely mediocre or if the lack of patronage is causing a lack of effort in the kitchen.
- Excellent & Gluten Free Items tooBethDined on 10/12/2013I took my wife and brother here and it was a wonderful dinning experience and they have a gluten free menu that is very vast for the area. All of our dishes were well prepared, presented well and tasted excellent. The service is attentive and informative. Definitely check it out.Special Features:
- Mixed experiencejsphcDined on 10/3/2013Since the character limit is fairly restrictive, let me be brief. The service was attentive but there was only one server for the whole restaurant since it was very slow. The appetizers and dessert were pretty marginal. There were some basic cooking issues present on both plates. The entrees, however, were incredible. We ordered the bison striploin and the cider braised short ribs. Both were 100 times better than the entree and dessert. It was worth it just for the entrees. So yes, I highly recommend Baca, but unless the apps and desserts improve, just get an entree and then go somewhere else. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a dateRancher203Dined on 9/6/2013They respect couples by giving them privacy. They host is amazing. The food is pretty good, but I would for sure recommend it because of ambiance and service. The price is a GREAT VALUE!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible FoodALHJVIPDined on 7/26/2013While our server, Rudy, was exceptional, the food was horrible. We sent one entrée back, only to have the second come out worse. It was a huge disappointment, as we were there celebrating without the kids for once!
- Great Menu, Poorly ExecutedDPF816VIPDined on 4/21/2013The restaurant's online menu is what attracted us to Baca. Unfortunately, the food they served us did not match the menu descriptions and was not well executed. We ordered the buffalo meatloaf and the lamb porterhouse chops. I had to send the meatloaf back because it came out a hard hockey puck. Both dishes came with very similar, ordinary mashed potatoes; we could not tell that one was supposed to be green chile and one was supposed to be rosemary truffle. The sauce on both was a heavy, generic mushroom sauce similar to what you would find on a low priced beef dish. The meat on both dishes was completely swimming in sauce. Overall, the food was like stereotypical hotel or wedding food. The atmosphere, however, is nice.Special Features:
- Really the only negative wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/19/2013Really the only negative was the place was empty. Food was really good, sauce was a bit salty but I could eat around it. The layout of the restaurant was really nice. The menu was pleasing and the staff was friendly and professional.
- I took my girl to Baca forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013I took my girl to Baca for her birthday dinner. She was very pleased with the whole experience. The service was above par, the food was excellent and the staff was freindly. We will be back.
- Great place for foodies!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013Great food! Great service! Could use more ambience! Too quiet!Special Features:
- We ate dinner at Baca on aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013We ate dinner at Baca on a Saturday night. We had no trouble making a reservation but that was because when we got there, we were the only people in the restaurant! I don't know why it was so quiet as Baca is in a great Tech Center location with a lovely bar as well. I had the surf and turf (short ribs and scallops) from the specials board and it was delicious. The rest of my party ate from the main menu and only had great things to say. Our only criticism of Baca was that the kitchen closes at 9, which usually means they won't take any new customers but if you are already there you can stay as long as you like. Unfortunately we felt a little rushed to choose our dessert and wrap up our evening. I would definitely recommend Baca thouSpecial Features:
- The meal and service weremegletteVIPDined on 3/22/2013The meal and service were very good. When we arrived, there was rather loud pop music playing which was totally at odds with the elegant surroundings. We asked if they could perhaps change the music. They turned it down which was okay, but for a place like this it would be much more appropriate - and enjoyable - if they had classical type music
- Romantic Dining in South DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Very quiet after 5280 Restaurant Week. We had the restaurant to ourselves. Food and service were both very good. Great romantic evening.Special Features:
- They're trying hard - take a shot.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013The hostess and inital staff were wonderful and very eager to please. The waitress that ultimately had us seemed a bit preoccupied and at times, put out. Some of the meals were a bit undercooked which surprised us for a Friday night. I felt they were really trying hard, but couldn't get all the cylinders to fire. We'll try them again to see if it was just an off night. Food choices were interesting and creative. Wine selections matched the menu well and had a good diversity. Prices were amazingly low - $20 for a good red!Special Features:
- Hard to believe you couldOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/8/2013Hard to believe you could get this great food at a hotel.Special Features:
- Not worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2013Lovely restaurant but disappointing experience. Music was loud and not appropriate for the type of restaurant. Ambiance was elegant yet they were playing heavy rock and roll, i.e. Bob Dylan, Cream, Eric Clapton, Allman Brothers...????? Maybe someone forgot to switch it over to the evening, dining music?? Ordered filet and it arrived dry and overcooked. Dessert was lovely and our server was sweet but overall, we won't be returning to eat.
- Put this on your listDavidDined on 3/3/2013This is the signature restaurant at the Inverness Hotel in the Inverness Business Park (I-25 & County Line - East Side). We have dined at Baca many times in recent years - each favorably memorable. For us, always a good choice. When one is thinking of dining out along the I-25 Corridor - add Baca to the list. It will not disappoint. Service is tops. We always enjoy the timeless and top maintained decor of the hotel. A fun place to be.Special Features:
- Lovely evening. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/2/2013Lovely evening. Food was very good, Danielle was excellent server.
- We had 4 servers and thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013We had 4 servers and thought that was too many. When we paid for our check from one server and left we realized that we did not receive our "doggi bag" because another server was getting that for us.
- We visited this place duringOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2013We visited this place during 5280. We were surprised we hadn't been there before. It is a somewhat undiscovered gem. The bar is great for having a pre or post dinner drink, great view with comfy couches and great ambiance. The dinner was very good, with very attentive service. Great spinach salad. My fish was a little bland, but the beef was tender and flavorful. It's. great place out south for having a long dinner with friends, not worrying about being rushed.
- Although my family and I visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Although my family and I visited for Denver Restaurant Week, we were all very impressed. The atmosphere was wonderful and the food was even better! We had a lovely time and would never have participated if it had not been for 5280. We will definietly be coming back.Special Features:
- We went for the 5280 deal.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013We went for the 5280 deal. The food was wonderful in presentation and taste. Loved the fact that they offer a variety of good gluten free options. Enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our 5280 experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/23/2013We enjoyed our 5280 experience at Baca. Attentive service and tasty choices. I had the grilled swordfish and my wife had the beef medallions. The only downside was that a few of the medallions were a bit chewy.
- 5280 special treatChuck2Dined on 2/23/2013The server, Beth was exceptional. We were taking part in the Denver Restaurant Week promotion but the food quality was better than one would anticipate at a hotel, even if it is a destination place. There were four of us, some selected the Baby Spinach salad with spiced pecans, gala apples, white cheddar with sherry vinaigrette, excellent, others chose the baked potato soup with peppered bacon and chives, and excellent choice too. For the second plate I think the standout was the Grilled Swordfish with warm chickpea salad preserved lemon cream sauce, presentation was exceptional and the food was 5 star quality. Others picked the Seared Medallions of Beef, herbed rice, grilled asparagus and braised cippolini onions.Special Features:
- I went for the 5280 menu andsctwoodsDined on 2/23/2013I went for the 5280 menu and the food was delicious. We were one of the first parties after they opened. There were lots of servers coming by at first. The main server was a little abrupt and hurried. She kept asking for out order without giving us any time to look over the menu. Then she kept coming by to remove our plates while we were still eating. After making us feel rushed through the first two courses we then waited quite a while to be served desset. Then she brought our tickets when we had first started eating dessert. The food was great, nice combination of unusual elements. The restaurant was nosy, lots of people packed into a small area. I will definetly go back and try Baca again, probably when there is no special event going onSpecial Features:
- We dined at Baca on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013We dined at Baca on a Saturday at 6pm and were pleasantly surprised that business seemed slow that night. My husband ordered the stuffed Haddock and really liked it. He loved the macaroon he had for dessert so much he thought about ordering a second one. I had the filet and it was perfect. I ordered it medium well and it was cooked perfectly for my taste and was very tender and delicious. I also had sorbet and that was delicious as well. We ordered a bottle of Shiraz that was simply delightful. The service was great as well. The only thing that I was not very impressed with was the side dishes but that seems pretty unimportant compared to the rest.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013The food sounded really great but was pretty mediocre. It was definitely over priced for what you get. It however was quiet and the drinks were good!Special Features:
- The service, food and settingNotaFussyDinnerDined on 2/15/2013The service, food and setting was very good. I just wish they had offered their regular menu along with the 'Valentine Menu'. When I booked the reservation there was not a mention that there was a limited menu selection. With that said, the staff was very accommodating too my needs. Beth, my waiter was very attentive!Special Features:
- We tried the Baca for ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013We tried the Baca for Valentines Dayas they had a dinner special and we could get reservations at late notice. We were greated with a beautiful long stem rose and seated promptly. Unfortunately, for the next 10 minutes we sat patiently waiting for attention. We thought about leaving, but just as we got up a waitress arrived, apologising for not noticing us there. From that point on the service was as attentive as one hopes for. The meal was well prepared and presented, it was very tasty. We hardly finished one course when the next arrived. I think next time I would ask for a breather between courses! I am glad we tried it, and would give it a 3 out of 5.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed the eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I really enjoyed the evening with my wife in Baca. Great food and service. I strongly recommend it.Special Features:
- Every time I am in there IBrittVIPDined on 2/1/2013Every time I am in there I am more impressed. Perfect birthday dinner.Special Features:
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2013Oddly empty on a Friday night, but excellent quality food for the price and the staff didn't pressure to close at all even though we were the only table. Menus could use some serious aesthetic work and lighting was inconsistent through the restaurant. Overall very enjoyable restaurant and I will go again.
- The food was really fabulous.happilydiningVIPDined on 1/8/2013The food was really fabulous. I had the Scottish Salmon, prepared perfectly, my nephew had the Lamb which was truly incredible and another friend had the Venison Stew which he said was delicious. We each had the mixed green salad which was fresh, light and delicious not to mention nice sized portions on both salads and entrees. Our waitress seemed slightly "put out" when she first came to our table, but was ended up being quite friendly and I had just wondered if she was overwhelmed when we first arrived. All in all, it was a wonderful dinner and I would not hesitate to go back or to recommend to friends and family.
- Service was great. The HalibutFoodieDined on 12/28/2012Service was great. The Halibut and Duck were excellent! The Filet was very good and the trout was decent. The music could have been more relaxing for dinner. Overall, nice experience.
- Service was a bit lacking,WinoVIPDined on 12/25/2012Service was a bit lacking, but the food was simply delightful. It truly was a great Christmas dinner.Special Features: