Baca at The Inverness Hotel
200 Inverness Drive West
Englewood, CO 80112Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Baca at The Inverness Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.savorbaca.com/
- Phone: (303) 397-7222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Rodney Herwerth
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room seats up to 20 comfortably. Offers skylight, with adjustable lighting for dining pleasure.
- Private Party Contact: Traci Bray 3033976303
- Special Events: Visit SavorBaca.com for more information on special menus, events and recipes.
A word from Baca at The Inverness Hotel
Baca is an unparalleled dining experience featuring contemporary Colorado fusion cuisine with tastes and techniques from all over the world. Named after one of the state's most influential families, Baca's menu features a tempting array of regional favorites conceived by our award-winning chefs who bring their own unique interpretation to the dishes by exploring the history and Castilian origins of Colorado cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Baca at The Inverness Hotel - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Baca at The Inverness Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (9)romantic (9)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Choice!southerngirlfoodieDined on 10/25/2014We were spending the night at the Inverness and looking for a great place to eat dinner. Not really wanting drive anywhere, we chose to eat at Baca. It was a great decision! We had the back corner of the restaurant to ourselves which made it quite romantic. Our server, Rudy, was great! The food was excellent! The background music they had playing was enjoyable. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/26/2014There were six parties in the restaurant which is the most I've ever seen there at 7:30PM on a Friday night. Why this restaurant is not always packed is beyond me. Servers are very attentive but not overly so. Honey goat cheese salad, lamb duo (lamb T-bone plus beef short rib), gnocci carbonara all perfectly delicious. You don't find food like this often in the Inverness area.Special Features:
- FantasticDined on 9/13/2014The food was fantastic! When we first got there no one was around so we started to seat ourselves. Our waitress took a bit to warm up to us but our buser/server, he was excellent.Special Features:
- The food was a bit saltyOTfunVIPDined on 8/30/2014The menu was good! Something for everyone. We stayed in the hotel there and it was convenient to have a glass of wine and not drive anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyableactaczd1Dined on 8/25/2014They didn't have the halibut my daughter order. They brought the wrong thing the second time. She got what she wanted in the end and it was free. It all worked out and except for that was a very enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaruant Week Selection 2ColoradoAuburnDined on 8/24/2014Baca was ok. the food was good, service ok. Nothing special to say. For the money I can think of better places to go
- Craps ShootluvsdenverfoodDined on 8/23/2014The dessert was awful, the 'Cast Iron Pear Skillet,' was a quarter inch deep, 3 inch across serving of soupy pie filling with lavender dumped over it. So much lavender in fact that is tasted like soap (and I personally cook with a lot of lavender). The trout and pappardelle dinners were fairly good. The salads were actually rather delicious. Also the staff were very friendly and attentive. The atmosphere was odd, it was a romantic scene, however they played 70's-90's top 40 music including 'Centerfield' by John Fogerty. Overall this is a craps shoot, the staff is good and so is some of the food. Just be careful of what you order.
- Great fish!SharkieDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant is small, but well appointed. The wait staff was awesome. We had special diet requests and they handled them with a smile. No pressure to finish the meal quickly, or order alcohol. The halibut & rainbow trout were phenomenal! Highly recommend for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KCSLIMkcslimDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food and service. Very very Good!!! I arrived early for my reservation, but it was not problem. The server suggested some outstanding wines, fresh warm bread was brought to our table. the gnocchi and lamb were excellent!!!Special Features:
- Interestingly tastyEricaADined on 8/2/2014The food at Baca sounds rather normal, it does not taste that way. The chicken and waffles appetizer contains a variety of flavors you would not expect and is a joy to taste. Each at our table chose a completely different appetizer from squash to crab macaroni and cheese. Each of us was not disappointed and thoroughly enjoyed our food. Baca's chefs manage to take the ordinary and turn it extraordinary with a touch of fun as well. I highly recommend this restaurant though would caution it may not be the best for children as their children's menu is extremely limited and it is a rather quiet spot.Special Features:
- The following 214 reviews are from the Baca at The Inverness Hotel reviews archive.
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/27/2014My husband ordered the steak and I had the King & Blue Crab mac & cheese. The steak was sub-par and not cooked to order. The flavor was unremarkable and we get better steaks via mail order. The mac & cheese was also a huge disappointment; a HUGE white bowl filled with with pasta and white cheese sauce. No one would be able to discern the two types of crab, if indeed there were the two noted on the menu. And, the crab was shredded, not lump. When the plate was first put in front of me I asked if there was even crab in it. It was gluey and so rich that the portion was obscene. There was no garnish & at $24 just a big rip-off. The dessert recommended was the sundae but not close to a sundae, small brownie with tiny dots of sauce.
- QuietOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2014My daughter and I had a pleasant dinner there Friday night. The food was good and the service was friendly and attentive. There just weren't many other people there.
- Elegant EveningCarlaDined on 5/30/2014This is one of my favorite places since finding it during the 5280 week. The wines are great by the glass, very varied. The menu has such sumptuous dishes, but the best is the jidori chicken. If you've never had it, it is a must!! The finest tasting chicken in the world. There is a bit of a wait in ordering it, but worth it because they make it perfect. Also, a must is the bacon appetizer. Who doesn't like bacon, but this is to die for and a perfect starter to a meal as you sip your cocktail. You won't be sorry to dine at Baca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, deserted on Friday nightReedelVIPDined on 3/28/2014The food was very good - The Lettuce Wedge salad could have used a few more crumbles of the sweet bacon - the dressing was light and tangy. Rainbow Trout was very good but the kale beneath it was tough, bland and chewy and the sweet potatoes seemed like a decorative garnish. The king and blue crab mac-n-cheese was delicious. The desert menu was enticing with interesting options, but the server did not check back to see if we wanted to order desert so we passed due to time constraints. Only 2 other tables were occupied as of 7 p.m. on Friday night. We like a quiet place but this was lonely! Other diners were offered black napkins to match dark clothes, but we were not and I am still picking white lint off of my dark sport coat.
- Very DisappointingJOHAVIPDined on 3/22/2014We had requested a 7 pm reservation, but only 6:30 was shown to be available. We were the only people in the restaurant when we arrived. At 7, two more small parties came in. Very dated atmosphere and my husband was asking , "Why did you pick this place?" The server we had was really, really nice, but he couldn't make up for the disappointing atmosphere. Never again!!
- The dishes are incrediblyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/21/2014The dishes are incredibly creative and delicious. The service is genuinely friendly and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/13/2014Horrible service, but the manager tried to make up for it. Food was good.
- Great Restaurant Week experienceRalphDined on 2/28/2014We went here for Denver Restaurant Week. I recommend this place. The food was wonderful and the service great. I counted at least four wait staff who served our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisetxcomoDined on 2/25/2014We participated in the Restaurant Week menu and were very pleased with the menu. The entrees we selected were the trout and the cassoulet. Both were fresh, tasty and hot. The server Danielle was very attentive and friendly. One person in our party had a food allergy and Danielle had Rudy come to our table to clarify the exact allergy. We enjoyed the trifle for dessert. Yummy! We will certainly return to Baca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Courteous attentive staff;WrigleyDined on 2/24/2014Courteous attentive staff; very good presentation of foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5280 dinnerCarlaDined on 2/24/2014We went there for the 5280 dinner (which really isn't 5280 anymore) and while some of us ordered from the 5280 menu, others in our group ordered from the regular menu. The food was fantastic. The service was superb. They have such a wide variety of different menu items that you do not see on other menus. This was our first time at Baca and I can't wait to return. They did a super job of their 5280 menu items and I'm so glad they did. They put items that I might not have ordered otherwise but wanted to try because it was on the 5280 menu. Definitely not a disappointment. It was a fantastic meal!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Experience in All WaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/23/2014We had an exceptional culinary experience in an upscale, yet comfortable environment with OUTSTANDING SERVICE. The best restaurant we have been in the last year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great customer serviceBinneDined on 2/23/2014The wait staff was nice and friendly. Great customer service. The food was good. The roasted chicken and mash potato was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Rudy to be your server!PeterVIPDined on 2/15/2014Rudy does a great job every time and is very personable and customer-centric. He makes the experience even better (the food is great too!)
- Great Romantic Valentine's DayCliffDined on 2/14/2014Baca at the Inverness Hotel had a wonderful Valentine's Day Special dinner with a 4 course meal. It was superb food and a great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines day dinner at BacalovelyritaVIPDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went for the special Valentines Day dinner at Baca at Inverness. We had early 6 pm reservations and were seated immediately We had the special 4 course Valentines Day dinner menu only. The ambience was very romantic with a 3 piece jazz ensemble playing in the lounge outside of this restaurant and the door kept open so we could hear the music. Service was very good, just a little too quick, no time to rest between courses. Our waitress and the entire staff was knowledgeable and friendly. We had lobster bisque, Caesar salad, filet mignon and shrimp, my husband had wonderful dark choc cake and a too spicy pepper sorbet and I had the lemon and raspberry cake which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 2/8/2014Baca was 4.5 stars on trip advisor and that's why we decided to go there. We were very disappointed. There were only 6 other diners throughout the entire night. The wait staff wore faded blue jeans and a white button up shirt. The menu options were a little strange, such as "Waffle maple syrup with brussel sprouts" for an appetizer. I had a few swigs left of my glass of Chardannay and our waiter came by and poured refilled my glass with Riesling. We pointed out his mistake and he did apologize and he retrieved a fresh glass for me. The $34 steak was not good at all. Also you could hear the humming of the elevator going up and down all night long that was on the other side of the wall. Noise from lounge next door was very loud also!Special Features:
- Not Worth ItLosaviomDined on 2/8/2014My husband and I decided to try Baca because of the Hotel Inverness. We were very disappointed. We ordere an appetizer and a couple of drinks and not 10 minutes into our appetizer they brought our food. In my opinion that is an evening/experience kill. My husband ordered. "Jumbo shrimp & Pappadelle" the shrimp were no bigger than the shrimp you would get in a frozen shrimp ring at the grocery store and there was absolutely no flavor. I ordered "Gnocchi in a Cabanara sauce", it was the worse gnocchi I have evere tasted. Little lumps of mush in a sauce that was more suited for bisquits and gravy. Our waiter was friendly yet not very knowledgeable. There was a definite language barrier between us and our waiter.
- Doesn't Know What It Wants To BeJenEWFVIPDined on 2/8/2014Baca hasn't decided whether to be a bar/casual dining place (it had moderate to loud bar-type music playing) or an upscale restaurant (interior design/furnishings). The waitress was extremely impatient with us and didn't allow us time to discuss the menu and beverage choices. After 3 interruptions by her in 5 minutes, she handed us off to someone who did not look like he was a server. I thought maybe he worked in the kitchen. We had another gal later who wasn't a server, so our original waitress really was a jerk. The garlic greens and sauteed mushrooms were very good. The wine was poor tasting and very overpriced for the taste; no wine experts at this place. Flagged down the manager 2x for help; a clue for how bad the night was.
- GoodRamoneDined on 2/1/2014This review must be at least 50 characters before I can close it. Not too happy about that. The amount of stars I already clicked on should say enough of how I think. Good, would do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatColoradoNativeDined on 1/25/2014Baca is nice, but could be better. We had a team of two servers and when our first server was asked for a recommendation on Zinfandel wines we received a blank stare and then an "I don't know about wine." Fortunately the second server picked up the slack and came back with recommendations. The food was well prepared, but not anything to write a "great" review about. Nice and quiet though!
- A disappointmentNewTuneVIPDined on 12/25/2013Since our thanksgiving dinner at Baca was so good, we decided to dine there for Christmas. I'm sorry we did. For the most part, the food was good; however, one person chose the fish and it wasn't warm and very mediocre. Our reservations were for 8 pm, and the staff was constantly rushing us to finish our meal and leave. The Baca should not make reservations for 8 pm, unless they are willing to provide excellent service to their customers.
- Great ExperienceMissMRWhiteDined on 12/25/2013We had the preset Christmas Dinner package. The food was delicious!! Even with the preset options they accomidated my gluten-free restrictions wonderfully! Everything was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt rushedBillyDined on 12/25/2013We had dinner Christmas night. The menu had several choices, which was fine. The food was very good. Our only suggestion was the serving of the four courses was rushed, for an expensive dinner. We had barely finished one course when the next arrived. Otherwise we had a fine dinner and enjoyed our experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenueCharlesDined on 12/25/2013Recommend posting the brunch menu online, selfless reasons -- "I love the bread pudding" is not a full meal until I have this desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grinch stole my ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013Had been here several years ago. Remembered it as being more of a fine dining experience then. Went for Christmas Eve. This time food very ordinary at a not very ordinary price. Restaurant is very casual and was certainly not decorated for the season. Very disappointing!
- Great food and presentationdenveriteDined on 12/24/2013The food was great, if not expensive. The only compliant I have is that the male host had a negative air and attitude about him, when he wasn't speaking directly to you he had this sour face about him all the time. Made the experience a tad unpleasant. It was a special occasion for us, Christmas Eve, and not normally the sort of place we would visit. The host seemed judgmental and my wife and I both noticed he appeared to be gossiping about us as he would look at us, say something to the staff, and then they would look at us. I guess we didn't dress up enough to fit in or something. A big plus is that they had a gluten free option for every course in their 4 course meal.Special Features:
- Lovely experience!LizzieBDined on 12/23/2013My husband and I eat out often, but for a special occasion it is nice to go to a quiet restaurant with a lovely atmosphere. We sit at the same table and are treated like we are the most important guests in the restaurant. Beyond the ambiance, everything we have ordered has been delightful and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Baca for ThanksgivingturkeydaysurpriseDined on 11/28/2013We went to Baca for Thanksgiving Dinner and it was horrible. The special menu choices were very limited, way too expensive and served cold.
- Service is keyMichelleDined on 11/28/2013We arrived a little early for our reservation and seated right away which we appreciated. Restaurant wasn't busy at any time we were there. Drinks and appetizers were brought to us timely. After that things went downhill. It took at least 1/2 hour for soup and salad to arrive. Prime rib was tough, even the rare order which should not have happened. Dessert was the best part and we were so hungry by this point that a larger portion would haven appreciated, we like to try different restaurants and wish we'd returned to last year's choice, which was a chain restaurant. The experience was pricey and not worth the try. When we explained to the host that the service was slow, he mumbled an apology as he walked away. We will not return to Baca!