Baby Blues BBQ - SF
3149 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Baby Blues BBQ - SF
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.babybluessf.com/
- Phone: 4158964250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Paul Fischer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Baby Blues BBQ - SF
The best damn BBQ in SF!! We slow smoke our meats to delicious perfection. We offer three different styles of ribs including Baby Backs, Memphis Style long bone, and the Texas style beef rib. Yummy :) Both our pulled pork and beef brisket are braised in Guinness. We have a variety of fixins including collard greens, mac-n-cheese, baked beans, sauteed okra, potato salad, and many, many more!! Check us out, you won't be disappointed!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baby Blues BBQ - SF reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)special occasion (1)Show More
- Awesome BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is so yummy. I have had BBQ food in Texas and this place stacks up and passes some of the places in Texas. Holly was our waitress. She was so helpful and delightful. There were 4 of us and we had the "family plan." We got to try everything. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat and to hang out!AnonymousDined on 8/16/2014I was craving a hamburger at 4 PM and I got there during a shift change, so the service was slow. But everybody from both shifts were very friendly! The hamburger with blue cheese and bacon incorporated in the meat was outstanding - again! That's why I went back. And it's fun to hang out at Baby Blues, so for me, the wait was fine.Special Features:
- Pork ribs over cooked and dry.Aceofspades822Dined on 6/20/2014I've been to baby blues many times and the food, service an value has always impressed me. The other night I was disappointed with the pork ribs. They were dry and overcooked. My friend had the same problem. Friday night June 20th. It took a lot longer than usual to get our food. There are other bbq joints in the mission so I'm lot likely to return any time soon.
- Great BBQpchoyDined on 6/6/2014I Love going to Baby Blues! My husband and i can take out little 9 month old and she is busy with all the sounds and they have a kids corner with stuff for them to play with. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to have a birthday party!LydiyuhVIPDined on 5/18/2014The staff at Baby Blues couldn't have been more welcoming or accommodating to our large (and, at times loud) party of 17 at my friend's birthday party last Sunday. They made us feel super welcome and provided excellent service all night. The choice of beer was wonderful and so was the food. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to have some tasty barbecue, craft beer in a non-stuffy atmosphere. Thanks Baby Blues!!!!Special Features:
- Great Place and atmosphereMarioSergioDined on 4/25/2014We had a great time there, nice and cool place with a very good meat and great Beer.Special Features:
- The following 58 reviews are from the Baby Blues BBQ - SF reviews archive.
- Baby Blues Rules!katperlDined on 4/13/2014Baby Blues may just be the best BBQ in San Francisco. The servers are charming and fast--they want to please the customers, and the food arrives when it should. The four sauces are very good and give a lot of choice of flavors and heat. The music is good, and not too loud. Overall, it is always a pleasure to dine at this neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Good, but nothing specialFredDined on 4/3/2014We went on a Thursday night, so it was fairly slow. Plenty of available seating. Service was great, place was nice. Food was good, but nothing special. Baby back ribs were a little dry, so that was a bit disappointing.Special Features:
- Went here with six friendsAlMoDined on 3/21/2014Went here with six friends and ordered the Teaser platter. Perfect way to try everything on the menu!!! Highly recommend for big groups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Pulled PorkckcallenDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I tried the pulled pork sandwich and we both loved it! Their sauces are fantastic as well. Oh, and definitely get their sweet tea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service, Okay Foodak4himDined on 2/5/2014The BBQ food at this restaurant is okay at best. However, I must applaud the waitstaff who came constantly to check on us. If it was not for the fact that the food is okay and the price being somewhat high, I would definitely go back here to eat. But for now, been there, done that will be the attitude.
- Excellent food and serviceJackVIPDined on 1/13/2014Excellent food and service and a quirky Mission District classic. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not Right For MeBobbin158Dined on 9/21/2013Seated by a server with an attitude. This set the tone. Features barbeque, (electric smoker). Seating is cramped. Place is meant to attract a young(er) crowd and could be that we were just too set in our expectations. Nothing seemed to go well. The plates were sort of thrown together and nothing on the plates felt or tasted other than just plain ordinary. Maybe it was a bad night, or maybe it just wasn't right for me. Granted San Francisco is not exactly a world leader in great barbeque, but even so, in my opinion, this place doesn't cut it.
- This restaurant worked forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2013This restaurant worked for our party of 5. Had a quiet spot. I think the place can get noisy. I thought the meats we had were rather dry like they had been cooked quite a while before and were sitting waiting for an order and then heated up. Not sure if I am right about that. Those who had the trout really enjoyed it. Service was good.Special Features:
- Good barbeque for the valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/23/2013Nice variety of barbeque meats, hostess was very friendly, waiter pointed out the different barbeque sauces (very helpful, if you can't take spicy).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent BBQ and the staff isBTC415VIPDined on 6/20/2013Decent BBQ and the staff is as helpful as they can be, though sometimes you may have to wait to get a attention. This was the third time we'd been in the past 6 months and each time they don't seem to have enough staff to handle the work. The food is pretty good and they have an assortment of sauces to satisfy the various "BBQ palates" that exist. Their sides are wonderful. I can't speak to their desserts because I'm always so full after dinner! The place can be a bit energetic and seems to be taking on more of a sports bar type of feel which makes it difficult if you're with friends and want to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day FindEllenVIPDined on 6/16/2013This is the place I found when searching for a place to take my husband for ribs. It fit the bill. I even was able to get delicious food that wasn't beef or pork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/16/2013The food was just OK. We wanted to get some good BBQ and had the chicken and ribs. I've had better. The service could've been a lot better as we waited 15+ minutes without anyone even coming to seat us. Once seated, it was downhill from there and seemed to take forever. Won't be going back.
- Great evening out!SuresDined on 5/29/2013We were super impressed and pleased with our experience. The bartender/waiter was amazing. He accommodated all our needs happily. Ribs were great as was the beer. As a bonus they had a closet filled with toys for our kids. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2013Not sure how this gets as high a rating as it did, but the food was nothing to right home about. The corn was overcooked and underwhelming, the bbq was dry and overcooked, salad was limp and looked old, the Salmon was downright awful (I know never order seafood from a BBQ but still), and the cornbread was just not good. I am not one to right bad reviews but I felt this needed to be said, sorry. On the bright side, the people working the restaurant were all kind, attentive and enjoyable. Just not the food.Special Features:
- I wish they would bottle andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/31/2013I wish they would bottle and sell their hot sauces. Overall the food was great. It took awhile, but only because it is such a popular spot.Special Features:
- Great BBQ!SFSamVIPDined on 3/31/2013Worth going to in the Mission District!! I will definitely hit this place up again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013great ribs!!! Amazing homemade sauces and rubs. Pulled beef was a bit dry. Great portions and sides available.Special Features:
- Best BBQ spot with Friends!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013This was a great place to visit with friends over really great BBq food. Made us feel like we were attending a family event and we were not rushed even though we occupied our table for almost 4 hours! Holly was great... always making sure we were ok. LOVED our experience here!!Special Features:
- A bit perplexed with thisLimeyVIPDined on 3/9/2013A bit perplexed with this place: I love BBQ of all kinds, but they seem to be trying too hard. "Texas brisket" was served pulled, like pulled pork, with no sauce. I've eaten a lot of Texas Brisket, and it isn't ever served this way. Heck, pulled pork isn't served this way. Texture was not good, and it got cold on the plate very quickly. Ribs were much better: meaty, satisfying. Wife's beef rib was enormous, with a steak hanging off it: meat was very tender and flavorful. Mac & Cheese side was made with strong blue cheese, which made it almost inedible. Staff were attentive and helpful, but you have to shout to be heard. Overall, this could be a great BBQ place. As it is, not something I'll hurry back to.
- I'd been wanting to try thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013I'd been wanting to try this place for a long time and finally got the opportunity when a couple out-of-town friends were visiting. I ended up feeling stupid and slightly embarrassed that I had waited this long to try Baby Blues. The BBQ was awesome. An unusually large and expansive menu for a BBQ place and a beer selection that was as varied and fabulous as the food. Service was congenial and friendly AND efficient. We sat at the bar and the bartender, who I believe was one of the owners couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming. I will be going back again and again.Special Features:
- very good BBQ. I recomendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013very good BBQ. I recomend the Memphis ribs very tasty!!
- Loved it! Will go back -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Loved it! Will go back - absolutely. Food is great, service is friendly. Perfect neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- I took a group here on myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2012I took a group here on my birthday to watch the Giants game, have some food, and drink some beers. We had a lot of fun and the casual atmosphere made the night. The waitstaff was very friendly and attentive, the food was excellent, and the Giants won. Couldn't have asked for a better night!Special Features:
- kids korner? worst idea ever won'tthisVIPDined on 10/5/2012kids korner? worst idea ever won't be back...only came back to take my gf there for some decent bbq city doesn't do bbq right, but it's ok, i might place take out here
- hit and miss yes on okra yesthisVIPDined on 9/22/2012hit and miss yes on okra yes on sauces for BBQ rest was eh, not as memorable might go back for the sauces
- The place for meat.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2012I've been here several times and the smoked meats are always amazing. These guys have a barbecue obsession and it shows. I think they were a little short staffed that night as the waitress was spread thin across the tables, but she handled the stress with a good attitude. The staff is typically more attentive. Don't miss out on the baby back ribs, or the chicken wings. Even the folks at our table who hate Buffalo wings loved these smoked barbecue wings.Special Features:
- and the rest...HotlantaDaveDined on 8/26/2012The Corn Bread is sweet and moist enough to be eaten as cake for dessert, but then you'd miss the best- NAY- THE BEST Banana Pudding I have ever eaten and I lived on it growing up in the south. You can tell by the outstanding service that the owners work there and the kid's play area set aside is a great idea. Now, just some outside tables so Iman doesn't have to stay in the car until we're done.Special Features:
- Look For The Rexall DRUGS SignHotlantaDaveDined on 7/29/2012BBQ Fit For Foodies? This one is! The beef rib (yea, not your go-to, huh?) is unbelievable. HUGE, MEATY, JUICY, FLAVORFUL, T*E*N*D*E*R. The shrimp: Must Try. Pulled Pork: YUM. Brisket: Perfect. Homemade sauces? How do you like it? From Sweet to H*O*T and a couple in between. Did I say Sides? The Pork & Beans are not mis-named. There is more pork than beans sometimes and we're not talkin' little mushy beans out of a can. 3 beans, slow cooked with pork. as in pulled. Mac&Cheese: Smooth and creamy, Okra: never tried it? DO! Collards? Yea, Gross. NOT! Cooked & seasoned perfectly. Even something as simple as Stewed Tomatoes will have you tipping the bowl up. See next review for dessert, I'm out of space...Special Features:
- Best BBQ on the West CoastjhofsfVIPDined on 7/28/2012I've lived in SF for 16 years - moved here from the south - and this is the best BBQ I've found here on the West coast. And every dish has a unique twist - the sauces and various food preparations are pretty original - I've been twice (once with my partner so I got to sample more things) - my favorites are the Memphis style pork ribs and pulled pork - baby back ribs were a little too dry and the big Texas beef ribs a little to fatty for my taste. Brisket was not bad, but not my favorite. The sides I tried were all great (stewed okra, cornbread, sweet potatoes and creamed spinach), but the salad would have been better without all the bell peppers. Banana pudding is spot on perfection, and the service attentive.Special Features:
- I really wanted to like thisOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/21/2012I really wanted to like this place, but a BAD server made that impossible. He totally screwed up our order and did not pay attention to anything we asked for. Wont be back.
- delicoius bbq, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/8/2012delicoius bbq, great service, dont let the location and look discourage you. it is worth the tripSpecial Features:
- Went here for lunch and itOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/6/2012Went here for lunch and it was quiet in the restaurant but the food was mouth-wateringly good! Huge portion sizes but a great range of sides meant we couldn't resist ordering more than we could eat. Loved it and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- handled table of 20!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/22/2012i had my birthday dinner there, with a party of 20, and they were wonderful. food came out hot and delicious, drinks stayed full, service was attentive. really nice to find a place that can take a group of 20, and not blink! thumbs up!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the vibe and the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/3/2012Enjoyed the vibe and the food. Owner really approachable and service oriented. Best BBQ in the Bay Area!Special Features: