3636 McKinney #160
Dallas, TX 75204Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://baboushdallas.com/
- Phone: 2145990707
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Yaser Khalaf
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Belly Dancing Show every Thursday night at 8:30pm.
A word from Baboush
The atmosphere is Moroccan chic, the cocktails are smashing, and the small plates — like a perfect meze platter, a gorgeous moutabal du jardin salad, a cigarlike spin on chicken bastila, wonderful kefta kebab and more — are not just beautifully prepared, but well-priced, to boot. As grazing ops go, it doesn’t get much better than this alluring spot where Lebanon meets Morocco in West Village.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baboush reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)romantic (9)fit for foodies (9)great for outdoor dining (8)special occasion (6)great for lunch (5)hot spot (4)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- EnjoyableDallasKingsDined on 8/14/2014Always enjoyable. Great food. Try the starter sampler.Special Features:
- USually good, but...seniorVIPDined on 8/2/2014Normally the food id very good, but the last visit the chicken was undercooked and cool in the center. The lamb was over cooked.
- Best Moroccan you'll find in DallasGregCDined on 7/29/2014Since dining all around Morroco a few years ago, we've been on the prowl for a restaurant that offers culinary delights reminiscent of those we found in Tangier, Tetouan, Rabat, El Jadida, and Marrakech. Since we first tried Baboush a month or two ago, we've been back several times and they've never disappointed. The host and waitstaff are very accommodating and friendly -- even with our two kiddos in tow (pre-teen and newborn). The service is always impeccable. The dishes are **out of this world**. Numerous tagines that bring back vivid memories of that one summer night at Le Dinarjat in Rabat. Baboush is a delicious experience you won't regret.Special Features:
- Good, but Left HungryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/27/2014We went to BABOUSH tonight with high hopes as four vegetarians. Our hopes were raised even higher when we saw the self-proclaimed "mezza feast" for 5-6 people at $50. It required only some minor editing (remove the kibbe and add more falafel and some baba ghanoush) to satisfy us. However, when the $50 "mezza feast" came out, we were presented with something resembling a hasty and parsimonious appetizer plate, not something intended to be shared by 4 hungry adults as their main meal. At $50, we felt extremely disappointed with the lack of generosity in the kitchen (whereas the far cheaper meat dishes were HEAPED with food). We had to ask for pita. This was not a feast at all. It WAS all great food,, but we left quite hungry.
- baboushluv2eatDined on 7/18/2014Food was amazing and our waitress Julie was so attentive, kind and very knowledgeable about the menu items. She made wonderful recs to us.Special Features:
- same order but tasted differentlyjoyceDined on 6/24/2014Last time there, the food was fresh and wonderful. This time, salmon not as fresh, tabouleh tasted differently. Neither were delicately seasoned.The total bill was more this time for two people and 2 glasses of wine than last time with three people and a bottle of wine. Not sure why, as didn't get to inspect first time check.Special Features:
- Excellent foodCantTakeTheSkyDined on 6/9/2014Baboush serves up a wonderful example of Lebanese and Moroccan faire. I like the SOUND of middle eastern cuisine but, so often, I find restaurants simply don't do a good job preparing it. Baboush knows how to do it right. I ordered the Moroccan Olives and the Moroccan Lamb Meatballs Tagine. The lamb was quite good - I look forward to trying the lamb chops next time. But it was the Moroccan Olives that were just out of this world. With a slightly citrusy flavor, when you have them with the pita bread that comes with it, it's amazing. Service was perfect - my water was always filled but they weren't intrusive. My waitress brought me a complimentary Moroccan tea with mint which finished off the meal nicely. I'll be back, Baboush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food & reasonably priced.joyceDined on 6/6/2014Our luncheon party of three enjoyed wonderful appetizers, tapas, shrimp kabob and other lovely entrees. Everything tasted so refreshing, and the tabouli had a different touch of pomegranite in it. Loved it! Nothing was ordinary and loved it all. Service and setting was enjoyable and couldn't have been better. We are lookin forward to many returns here!JoSpecial Features:
- Good Morroccan FoodPlanofoodieDined on 5/29/2014Excellent food, small portions, good service. First time here. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Serious issue this visitTJBSVIPDined on 5/9/2014Dine here often.Usually love it. They've made changes to menu & we had a SERIOUS issue. I have an allergy & they usually do a wonderful job with that. This time we had to send food back twice due to the sauces/sides & I became extremely ill within minutes of leaving.Sometimes change is good but not when it takes what you love out of a place. Will go back but will be VERY cautious & speak with Mgr prior to ordering next time
- dinesout07VIPDined on 5/2/2014great outdoor venue on a nice dallas night! The food is amazing and not to mention the hooka menu!Special Features:
- The following 104 reviews are from the Baboush reviews archive.
- Mahgreb MealBklynBenDined on 4/5/2014Rabat meets Dallas -- nice job. The Sample mezzos are delicious - the eggplant with jalapenos is awesome. The couscous is tasty and -- the pastilla - needs more cinnamon and powdered sugar. I love this place-- will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Outstanding flavor!CycleDaveDined on 4/4/2014We were looking for a place to take a friend to dinner and we had been to Baboush before. I made a reservation on open table one hour prior to arrival on a Friday evening. Even though they were packed they still had a table ready for us upon arrival. The restaurant is a little tight but not uncomfortable. The service was great. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. The food was excellent from appetizers to main course. Baboush is quickly becoming one of my new favorites for something unusual. Only disappointment was that they discontinued the blood orange sherbet dessert item that I had before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ExperienceCBTBVIPDined on 3/29/2014Everything was great! This was our first visit, and the other couple joining us weren't very excited about trying it, but they loved it as much as my husband and I. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Good ValueSaguaroVIPDined on 3/15/2014The food was quite good and, for an Uptown restaurant, the food prices were quite reasonable.Special Features:
- Always Fresh and TastyOnGoldenPawnVIPDined on 3/9/2014Good service, interesting wine selections, and a feast of tasty, fresh food. Yummy meat dishes but plenty of great vegan/vegetarian options as well. We always start with a platter of olives and dips and share from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic middle eastern in dallasmillerhuskyDined on 2/16/2014Flavor. Flavor. Flavor. Oh my God, wonderful blend of spices from a chef that knows middle eastern cuisine and does not overdo it. Very accessible to people that don't know this cuisine. Inexpensive but small portions. A large entrees from $12 to $20 is meant to be paired with a $5 to $10 app or small plate. Please go. So good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly amazing!KadahaDined on 2/14/2014Excellent food, wine and overall experience. Waitstaff was professional and helpful without being clingy. Food cooked to perfection. Value was compelling. Unique and perfect for a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT LITTLE SPOT...FoodloverVIPDined on 2/13/2014ENJOYED THIS LITTLE SPOT HOWEVER, YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO ORDER. THE ONLY DISAPPOINTMENT WAS OUR CHICKEN KABOB WITH VEGETABLES, HAD NO VEGETABLES! THEY HAD POTATOES AND MAYBE A FEW ONIONS UNDERNEATH... WE WERE EXPECTING SOME GREENS. WE SAW SO MANY FABULOUS LOOKING DISHES GO BY, ANXIOUS TO TRY IT AGAIN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going back.RLS123VIPDined on 1/25/2014While open table allowed me to make a reservation, the restaurant had no record of my reservation, and was overbooked. While the host did his very best to seat us, we were forced to wait 45 minutes beyond our reservation to be seated. The food was very average. Well prepared, but not all that interesting, especially given the high prices. The portions were very small, so don't go there hungry. When two friends unexpectedly showed up they sat at our table, as there were two extra seats at our table. The wait staff rudely treates us from that point forward and did not offer to serve our friends a drink. The combination of rude service, incompetent reservation system and host, uninteresting food and small portion sizes cause this poor review.
- This place is flawless fromOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/31/2013This place is flawless from the gentleman at the door to service to food. Romantic little tables for 2 available, comfy couches, food was a great variety as well as healthy and flavorful (recommend the sharing platter for an appetizer to try several things), best hummus in town, super reasonably priced even at dinner, great specialty drinks, and neat selections on the eclectic wine list (a couple from Lebannon even). I wonder if Baboush is too unique for the Dallas steak and potatoes crowd, but I am in love! This place is a gem.Special Features:
- Comfy DinnerGlenDined on 12/31/2013Great lighting, comfortable seating, Great food. We sampled a little bit of everything, it was fresh and well prepared. Drink menu is fantastic had the cucumber delight , very refreshing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and SpecialDFWResidentDined on 11/14/2013Excellent food. Great ambience. Great wine from Lebanon (Ksara Reserve.) Apetizers are fabulous. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will keep coming back here!TJBSVIPDined on 11/7/2013We love this place! They always do such a good job accommodating my food allergy. The service on this last visit was outstanding! Food is always wonderful!Special Features:
- Good Middle Eastern in DallasVivscamsVIPDined on 11/2/2013Baboush had a fabulous ambience inside and out. Charming place. Food was very good, but portions were very small and I don't eat much. I would definitely go back though. Maybe just order an extra appetizer or salad to round the meal out a bit more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish TeamarsahDined on 10/29/2013One of my favorite places and introduced friends to this lovely little place. Service was excellent and wine recommendations worked well with our food. We had the sampler appetizer platter, which contained some of the best hummus we've had (and that includes Lebanon and Turkey. We each had a different entrée - lamb meatballs and lamb chops were cooked and spiced to perfection. My guests were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, and not a morsel was left on the plates. One of my favorite restaurants in Dallas.Special Features:
- A little pricy!FoodgypsyDined on 10/26/2013My husband and I enjoyed our evening. Although the server forgot to place our order, she was attentive to our needs. My only complaint is that even after sharing 4 courses and a dessert of my own I was still hungry. Our check for 2 was $125 with a tip. Pretty steep considering I went home and snacked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- critiquejoanVIPDined on 10/12/20131st time at Baboush and loved it! Waiter suggested 3 wines and brought 3 glasses to taste. Food was fresh and delicious and different.Special Features:
- Doggie paradiseDexterDined on 10/11/2013Besides the food and service being exceptional, Baboush is a neighborhood haven for those who take their dogs with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!bankerguy02VIPDined on 9/19/2013Great food and the belly dancers were great! Overall a great place to get Mediterranean food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McKinney GemjdantotherescueDined on 8/31/2013Loved the olives and 4 spreads appetizer. The cool cucumber gin cocktail is something I want to try to replicate at home. Definitely a fun and different dining experience.Special Features:
- We enjoyed it!BeauDined on 8/17/2013Went for a date night and wife wanted something healthy. Sat indoors for a glass of wine before dining on the out patio. Food was very good, service was excellent! I would recommend Baboush to anyone. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RefreshingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2013Enjoyed dining on the sidewalk in this mild August weather. Plenty of shade and people watching. Attentive service, and the food was delicious. The cocktails were crafted expertly and very refreshing. Enjoyed the babbagounash appetizer. I had the beef strip with figs and my friend had the chicken tangine with lemon and olives. We were debating on desserts when chef sent complimentary samples of the saffron gelatto topped with baklava to our table. You must try it if you go; you will not be dissappionted. Extraordinary flavor! Will dfinitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013The olives are a must. Loved the salad with dates, the lamb was well prepared and tasty. Pleasantly surprised by the Moroccan wine. The service was excellent. The experience checked all the boxes for a hot Saturday night.Special Features:
- Great flavors and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2013Enjoyed dinner for 4 on 7/25/13. The small plates and larger options had a great variety of flavors. Prices can add up quickly, but portions are fair sized and many appetizers can be shared. Service was warm and welcoming. Desserts were good - especially the stuffed dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, serviceFoodieDined on 7/20/2013Outstanding food, service with a sparkle, high energy. Our waitress was very accommodating and even exchanged a bottle of wine with no question. Will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSczsaVIPDined on 6/28/2013We are new to Dallas and went to Baboush on a whim. We both love Medeterranian food and this place did not disappoint. Enjoyed the hummus, lebneh and the chicken tagine. All were well seasoned, deliciousl and plenty of food for both of us to share (even took some home). Wine list was short, but good - even included some Morroccan wines I will be tempted to try next time. The restaurant is small but the atmosphere is lovely. Only gripe: the seating is not really comfortable. The chairs are pretty stiff and hard and, although sitting in a booth looks comfy, the seats on the opposite side of the table were backless and did not look at all comfortable. All in all, I would recommend Baboush to anyone interested in a Medeterranian food fix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very lovely. Needed a lateMaxiDined on 6/7/2013Very lovely. Needed a late night bite and kitchen is open till midnight. That is hard to find in Dallas. The food was good quality, ample portion and reasonably priced. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time patronBlade1Dined on 6/3/2013We rarely eat out because past experience has been one of frequent disappointment (my wife has a Culinary Degree and lots of experience with various ethnic cuisines). Everything about Baboush was spot on - service was prompt and attentive without being intrusive; everything we ordered was Outstanding, well prepared and savory; the atmosphere (Monday evening) was quiet and very pleasant - we could actually carry on a conversation, hear each other and not have to shout; and when we had a question about how one of the dishes was prepared, we were able to talk to the owner (?)/chef(?). All of this and the cost for the evening was very reasonable. A great experience and Baboush is on our VERY SHORT List of restaurants we will visit again!Special Features:
- Special AttentiontexanwisconsiniteDined on 6/1/2013Baboush remembered our usually forgotten note on our Open Table reservation, greeted us personally, and brought us complimentary champagne to celebrate our anniversary. Exemplary service, great food, outstanding place. We'll be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.