66 Newtown Lane
East Hampton, NY 11937Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.babettesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6313295377
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
A word from Babette's
Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, Babette's is an eclectic, cutting edge restaurant, whose menu delights herbivores, carnivores and vegans alike. Our focus at Babette's is on organic, local and seasonal ingredients as a result of our commitment to sustainability, and supporting farmers and growers who do the right thing. Our poultry is always organic, our fish are caught locally, and our beef is organic and grass-fed only. Our menu features a wide variety of vegetarian and vegan specialties, making our soups, sauces and dressings dairy-free. Our upscale organic juice bar and full liquor bar serves "knock your head off fresh squeezed bloody Mary's" (Zagat) along with seasonal smoothies and refreshing cleansing juices. Our outdoor patio is an oasis on any spring, summer or autumn day and provides great people watching.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Babette's reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (8)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)good for groups (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- nice butitsokayDined on 8/31/2014nice restaurant but a simple grilled chicken salad can run up to $35Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has lost somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/29/2014Salmon was too oily and fishy. Salads were bland - lacking a great dressing to tie them together. Service was a little clueless. Much better as a breakfast or brunch place.Special Features:
- too expensive for what you gotveggienhamptonsDined on 8/23/2014The people who run the restaurant are lovely and they service is good but it is way overpriced for what you get especially bringing children. There was nothing special about the food and the ambiance was fine but not spectacular. I'm a vegetarian but at this level would've better spent my $ at a fancier place. $36 for tofu and veggies?!Special Features:
- Wonderful outdoor diningahimsa88Dined on 8/9/2014Babette's was simply amazing. Plenty of vegan options, nice variety of fresh dishes, friendly and professional service. An overall excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful food at Babbette'sFoodie1230Dined on 8/9/2014Babbette's once a go to spot in East Hampton serves awful food and is extremely expensive. The veggie burger was soggy, fries were overcooked, salads with rasberry vinegrette had no flair, the asian veggie dish was overcooked and the tempeh was so dry is was hard to chew. The table next to us sent back their hamburgers they were so bad. This restaurant is very expensive for what they serve - dinner for three with ice tea no dessert was $200! Shame on Go to Provisions in Sag Harbor or Yama Q in Bridgehampton for a better meal that costs less!
- Great food, fair prices, no "scene"KAM1Dined on 7/18/2014Babette's is consistently wonderful - I've always had a great meal there and that says a lot! The interior is welcoming and warm, there's outdoor dining and I love the organic bent and use of local food. The menu is ample and eclectic and it's not impossible to secure a reservation during the summer (unlike their pretentious competitors). Service is excellent. And they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 33 reviews are from the Babette's reviews archive.
- luvlifeDined on 5/16/2014A very imaginative menu that encompasses a variety of healthy and hearty dishes. Prices high but worth it but do watch out for the drinks prices.Special Features:
- Too Expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2013OMG - $17 for a cocktail in a restaurant that's basically a store front. Never again.Special Features:
- Lots of vegan and vegetarianHannahbannanaDined on 8/29/2013Lots of vegan and vegetarian options. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply not worth the high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/16/2013The food is overpriced and not very good. A very dry turkey burger for the cost of almost $30.00 and a rice bowl that consisted of vegetables that were so large they had to be placed on another plate and cut and a watery sauce. The menu said fresh seasonal vegetables. I guess they could only find carrots and broccoli as there was nothing else in the bowl. I left 90% of my meal in the bowl and not one person in the restaurant asked why? This establishment is all about Hampton's hype and little to do with good food.
- Shockingly disappointingdesignscoutVIPDined on 7/10/2013I used to love Babette's but last year I had a bad experience and this one was the icing on the cake. I was shocked at how inedible the food was and also how expensive. For example, my grilled tofu was served with some greens and a few vegetables, with very little dressing, and cost $30. Nobody in my party of four had a good meal. Given the good choices in East Hampton, why does Babette's think they can get away with such expensive and tasteless food? Very disappointing and we will not be going back.
- Warm drinks, cold food, butJustinThyme2013Dined on 7/5/2013Warm drinks, cold food, but apologies to go around.Special Features:
- Yummm... and cheers!DorothyVIPDined on 6/28/2013Where else can you get clean, healthy, organic and fabulous tasting food, with great martinis, too. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Babette's was recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2013Yet did not make the grade. The appetizer (a lovely green & beet salad) was delicious but it went down hill from there unfortunately. Our entree's arrived at out table while we were still eating our appetizer! When they were served again they appeared to have been kept warm for us - the chicken was dry & unedible. Our waitress offered to send me another dish however its no fun waiting for a new dish to arrive whilst your partner has finished his. The strangest thing was that after we sent back the chicken not one other staff member spoke to us.The best thing they did all evening was remove the chicken from the bill - much appreciated though of course only the right thing to do. Hopefully by end of summer they will have got back on track.
- ...wonderful...as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 5/25/2013Fabulous food..warm friendly service...terrific creative bartender Who could ask for more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go To BabettesKloppyDined on 5/25/2013The best food in East Hampton. Everything is cooked to order and organic-really healthy.Special Features:
- Like "old-home week," theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Like "old-home week," the regulars welcomed the new comers. Comfort all around and the food was great too!Special Features:
- We were there off season,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012We were there off season, so it was quiet - but the food was fabulous and the service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Nice clean fresh food - butjennVIPDined on 10/5/2012Nice clean fresh food - but crazy overpriced for the type of place and food it was. I know it's the Hamptons - but sheesh.
- Terrific in all respects.BeachloverVIPDined on 9/14/2012Terrific in all respects. Quiet, relaxing, healthy food, great serviceSpecial Features:
- Food was fresh, with greatDorothyVIPDined on 8/28/2012Food was fresh, with great flavors and prepared perfectly, including the martinis.Special Features:
- Healthy, healthy, healthy,WillDined on 8/18/2012Healthy, healthy, healthy, and delicious! Babette's is a big part of The Hampton's experienceSpecial Features:
- poor servicedisappointedVIPDined on 8/18/2012My husband and I both ordered fish as entrees and both were well prepared. However, service was lacking. We had to remind the waitress twice to bring our drinks and we did not get or drinks until after we got our entrees. She brought our entrees as soon as we put down our forks from eating our appetizer, such that we felt rushed. In addition, the waitress failed to clear the appetizer from our table before serving our entrees. - our dinner was completed within 40 minutes, hardly an enjoyable meal.
- Nice outdoor spot, very goodSwk5VIPDined on 8/4/2012Nice outdoor spot, very good vegetarian options, though expensiveSpecial Features:
- Food was quality, dinner servedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2012Food was quality, dinner served at a perfect pace. Sit under the stars; never wait for your cocktails.Owner and staff are fabulous.Special Features:
- We'll be back...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012We've been here several times. Never disappointed, always delighted. We discovered it off-season. They are known for their brunches but we've been here for lunch and for dinner as well. Babette's seems to specialize in offering many vegatarian/vegen alternatives to chicken/fish dishes (you can get tofu instead of, for example, salmon) -- all wonderfully prepared and of generous portions. Bar is not lacking, either. Service is friendly, efficient. Ambience is sort of Hampton's country, with more outdoor space than indoor.Special Features:
- Great attitude by the hostess/staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2012Great attitude by the hostess/staff. Excellent food. Great vibe. Fun outdoor seating. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- The restaurant was dead, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2012The restaurant was dead, but the waitstaff was congregating at the bar and inattentive. The food was very good however, healthy and inventive cuisine!Special Features:
- Nice, healthy food with manyDocbeccyVIPDined on 6/30/2012Nice, healthy food with many great choices. Crowded, noisy but spectacular location in the heart of East Hampton where the shopping is to die for.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2011First of all, the food is fantastic at Babette's. Everything that arrived at our table from the warm bread to start to the variety of deserts that completed our meal was fresh and well prepared. Those who allow the price-point to overshaddow the quality of the food and service should probably not be dining out in the Hamptons. Babette's is an East Hampton staple that consistently delivers high end fresh food from a menu that accomodates vegans, vegetarians, pescatarians, and good old fashioned omnivors alike.Special Features:
- The food at Babette's is freshOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011The food at Babette's is fresh and organic! We have been there many times and have always had a great experience. Barbara is a charming hostess and makes you feel very welcome. Our servers are knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. We have recommended it to anyone who wants to be in East Hampton and have a great meal.Special Features:
- Food is super healthy andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/2/2011Food is super healthy and always AMAZING! Their martinis made with fresh squeezed juice are TO DIE FOR!Special Features:
- Very good vegetarian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2011Very good vegetarian food in a comfortable setting in the Hamptons. Quite pricy, but for those with a family of veggies, it may be worth it.Special Features:
- I thought the food was verySabrinaDined on 8/18/2011I thought the food was very good and unique. I went with my three teenage daughters and they liked it very much. The Cobb salad was the best she ever had. I really enjoyed my chicken mole with brown rice. The service was attentive and pleasant. I would go back and try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Interesting menu -- very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2011Interesting menu -- very friendly staff -- overall great experienceSpecial Features:
- food was fantastic - healthy,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2011food was fantastic - healthy, yet delicious and unique all at the same time. had the walnut-lentil burger (i'm a vegetarian) - and was blown away by its flavor, and by the little salad, and steamed vegetables that came along with it. also ordered a side of sweet potato fries which were not oily or really FRIED - again, healthy and still delicious. i would eat here every night if i could - it took me forever to finally sacrifice my other delicious and tempting options to the walnut/lentil burger. though the sacrifices were worth it. cant wait to try something different! i also dined there on a monday night, so it was a lot quieter and outdoor seating was plentiful. i've walked by before and seen it overflowing with people on the weekends.Special Features:
- Great menu with fresh localOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2011Great menu with fresh local options. Great ambiance and location with its nice outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Very nice staff. Good menu.RiversiderVIPDined on 7/22/2011Very nice staff. Good menu. Plenty of selection. A little pricey, though.
- This restaurant, in the centerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2011This restaurant, in the center of East Hampton may not be the trendiest dinner scene but it has the best menu in the Hamptons. There is much to choose from, and many unique dishes as well as what you would expect to find in any fine dining environment.Special Features: