726 San Anslemo Ave
San Anselmo, CA 94960Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 4154579470
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: T-Su 11:30am-3:00pm
Dinner: T-Su 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Baan Thai
Baan Thai in San AnselmoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baan Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Excellent meal!DavidBFoxDined on 7/11/2014Four of us came to Baan Thai for a Friday Night dinner. Our wait staff was exceptionately friendly and helpful, and we were made to feel very welcome. And the food was perfect. We have been coming to this restaurant for decades under the previous owner and were worried the quality might suffer when management changed. That's definitely not the case.Special Features:
- want2eatwant2eatVIPDined on 6/29/2014This is far and away the best place for Thai food that we have had in the Bay Area. Fresh, non fried, spring rolls with peanut sauce were terrific; crab rangoon equally good. We had a pumpkin curry main entree and a phad thai chicken that were very flavorful. "Spicey" can be moderated by the customer, which is hard to do in some restaurants. All in all, a very positive experience.
- Really fine ThaiKgeorgeVIPDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I enjoyed the food and the excellent service. Because we booked on Open Table we had a reserved sign on a table at the window. And the food was so good, we went again. Same great food, same great service. I left my credit card in the folder with the bi;;, and the waiter ran us down. Super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real findReggieVIPDined on 6/12/2014This is a lovely neighborhood restaurant in downtown San Anselmo. We were treated very well, and the food was plentiful and satisfying. We will definitely make this one of our "regular" Marin County stops.Special Features:
- Very tastyopeksoyDined on 5/24/2014We love eating at this place and we've never been disappointed for years! Great food and service and such consistency.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 5 reviews are from the Baan Thai reviews archive.
- Very Good ThaichristinefredDined on 4/18/2014We had a very nice meal - interesting, well presented, tasty Thai food. Like many Thai places, the wine list is pretty sparse and choices limited - but the food was very good.Special Features:
- Better Than Many Thai PlacesJamesVIPDined on 4/12/2014The food seemed like a lot of food we had in Thailand. Flavorful, and not salty. The service is very much true to their family run scheme. You almost feel like you're in their home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super ThaiFilippoVIPDined on 1/8/2014We loved Orchid Thai, but Baan Thai is just as good. We really miss Tom and Peggy and particularly Tom's food. The dishes now are very different but equally delicious. We will keep coming back because the restaurant is well-run and this Thai food is the best we can get in Marin or the city. In the future, I will ask for some dishes to be less SWEET and others to be more spicy. I'm sure when they get to know us, we can adjust the sweetness and spiciness to our tastes. Great people!Special Features:
- Great addition to San AnselmoHalRDined on 12/31/2013Lovely people, attentive service and a great choice for thai food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always looking for good ThailovethaifoodVIPDined on 12/20/2013Always looking for good Thai food. We enjoyed everything at a moderate price. I partiularly liked the Thai Basil Chicken. I had my favorite Thai Basil Chicken in the South Bay and this competes with it. You can't aways find great Thai Basil Chicken. The servers were very gracious and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.