Baan Thai House & Wine Bar
534 Irving Street
San Francisco, CA 94122Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Baan Thai House & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.baanthaihousesf.com/
- Phone: 4153794505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 4:30 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm. Friday - Saturday: 4:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Vegetarian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Ratchanee Ariyapisansook (Ning)
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Baan Thai House & Wine Bar
Welcome to a hidden Thai treasure. We have created a vibrant little hideaway in the Inner Sunset for you to dine with friends, neighbors or family. Whether you are coming from around the corner or from across town, you’ll be pleased to find an extensive menu ranging from classic thai dishes to adventurous contemporary ones (such as Flirty Dumplings, hand made by owner Ning), all presented with an emphasis on the freshest ingredients, delicious flavor and great service. We also have a wide range of wine (including flights), beer and cocktails to compliment your meal or to simply ease the stress of a long day. Come and enjoy a delicious Thai break from the ordinary. P.S. When we say “spicy” on our menu, we mean it.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baan Thai House & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very Quiet on Sunday EveningpeipeiVIPDined on 3/23/2014This place is the neighborhood gem. I often order delivery from the restaurant but we decided to dine-in. Surprisingly, the decor is modern, the food was delicious and the waiter & waitress were very attentive. The medium spicy is a tad on a strong side, so be aware. Also I saw on the menu, they have very good Happy Hour Menu which I would like to visit soon with my gf! Overall, I really like this restaurant and highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightAnnonymous12831Dined on 2/14/2014Girl and I have been on a few dates and we went for Valentine's Day. It was a really nice small place that the second we arrived, my table I reserved was ready, and the waiter and waitress had already brought us water and menus. In a few minutes we ordered our drinks, then our food. Everything was prepared accordingly and was just a great place to go to for great service. I haven't been to a Thai place such as this one before so I was very surprised and pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai FoofchribuchDined on 7/18/2013The Food was delicious, the wines a perfect fit. What can I say.Thai food at the highest levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2013Good food, nice ambience! Irving Street location is awesome! - SteveSpecial Features:
- A lot of good things, except flavorCnapgoVIPDined on 5/18/2013In a nutshell, we had a lovely waitress who took care of some specific dietary needs, but neither my husband or I liked our dishes at all. The flavors were really off. It was a bummer.
- Food was terribleKikiVIPDined on 10/7/2012I been eating Thai for many year. Baan is one of the bottom on my list. I ordered one soup and four entrees with all medium spicy. Only the soup taste little spicy and all other entrees was very salty and sweet. I ask the waiter about the medium spicy which we ordered. All he said was " well that's how it is".
- Food was good, but am suspiciousCindyDined on 11/26/2011Food was good, but am suspicious if it's really local and sustainable as they say on OT and their website. Usually restaurants call out where it comes from, and they do not. But its affordable and the staff is very sweet. Its nice to have a decent place to eat nearby after a long work day when you don't want to have to trek across town. Tom Yum soup and pumpkin curry were our favorites. How delightful to not have chunks of canned pineapple and baby corn... and fresh produce instead! Just wish they'd call out where they got some of their meat and produce. Especially the meat as that is a more important issue for us in choosing sustainable restaurants.Special Features:
- all the dishes were heavilyOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/26/2011all the dishes were heavily flavored with salt/MSG. I was incredibly thirsty after the meal as were all my companion. The shrimp in the blanket had an ammonia taste to it, so not the freshest ingredient.
- This is a solid, reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2011This is a solid, reliable Thai place with excellent, friendly service and moderate prices.Special Features: