BA Argentinean Bistro
2881 E. Commercial Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
BA Argentinean Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ba-bistro.com/
- Phone: 9545332013x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Argentinean
- Executive Chef: Jose L. Aguilar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BA Argentinean Bistro
Experience the tradition of Argentina at our new Fort Lauderdale restaurant, BA Argentinean Bistro. In a charming setting, we offer something to please every palate. Here you will find empanadas stuffed with savory fillings such as beef, chicken or spinach. Grilled skirt steaks and short ribs, milanesa, homemade pastas, fresh fish and salads bring the taste of Argentina to your plate. A wide variety of fine wines are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BA Argentinean Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Argentina in Ft LauderdaleebrownDined on 12/17/2013My partner and I have often had dinner here. The restaurant consistently serves great food, has great service and atmosphere. My sister and brother-in-law and I had lunch here a couple days ago and it was great. We had recently visited Buenos Aires and my brother-in-law remarked that the steak was BETTER than what he had gotten in Buenos Aires!!! We all highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should improveJorgeVIPDined on 12/13/2013Happy to see there is an Argentinian restaurant in the area. This is a small but elegant. Waiters are friendly and attentive. I ordered provoletta which wonderful very tasty. Ordered shirt ribs which were OK, asked for chimichurri and realized it tasted like those that come in a jar, you need freshly made chimichrri. Dulce de leche Creoles were delicious.Special Features:
- lovely placehotdogVIPDined on 11/30/2013food excellent -- service could use some help... but manager/owner pitches in and makes it smoother..will returnSpecial Features:
- Great food experienceSogoodDined on 11/21/2013Fabulous empanadas! So many superb dishes very hard to decide what to order. Great steaks and superb sea food choices too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good service greataquarianlsDined on 11/18/2013steak great, wine great, empanadas good, provolone good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best high end restaurantJackVIPDined on 11/18/2013The best high end restaurant in the area, particularly if you appreciate a quiet environment-and, not that expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Christmas dinnerColoradoTravelerDined on 11/10/2013We were traveling from Denver to Ft Lauderdale on the evening of Christmas and wanted to make reservations at a restaurant that would be open on the holiday. We found BA Argentinian Bistro though a google search and it was incredible. Our granddaughter, who is a very picky eater, very begrudgingly tried some of my steak and wound up eating almost half of it. When we left, she asked if we could come back again the next night! Quite a compliment coming from her. The rest of us loved the shrimp and empanada appetizers, and the Argentinian Malbec wine was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch ServiceSteak954VIPDined on 11/2/2013I really enjoyed this restaurant! Our waiter was so attentive and fantastic! His name is Julio - ask for him! The food is fantastic, delicious and a great mixture of Argentina including spanish and italian influences. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a nice evening out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food & Atmosphere!BriannaDined on 10/31/2013We were looking for an Argentinean style restaurant in the Ft. Lauderdale area and came across BA Bistro. As soon as we walked in, one of the waiters greeted us very politely and showed us to the table. The mollejas and short ribs were just perfect and delicious. We had panqueques de dulce de leche for dessert; they were the best of the best! We had a great server who was very attentive. The restaurant is nicely decorated, which gives it an atmosphere of fine dining at affordable prices. It was like eating in the city of Buenos Aires! Definitely a place we'll come back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit just as terrifictikismomDined on 10/12/2013Ok not sure why BA got some negative reviews especially on serivce?!?!?!?!? Julio is about as attentive as a waiter can get. Owner is present and checks on your table. Skirt steak just delish. Go by their recommendation of medium for this type of steak and you will be happy. The salsa they serve with bread is soooo yummy. the bread fresh. Hubby had one of the new raviolis -with tomato basil sauce. I didn't even get a chance to taste it. Ask for your steak with salad instead of fries so you feel better about ordering the apple crepe dessert with ice cream too - nice change of pace from the usual choices in restaurants! Enjoy the tango music they play which fits the theme and is also change of pace from other places.Special Features:
- Restaurant ArgentinlilifloridaDined on 9/22/2013I was disappointed when I found out that they do not have an asador and I think that I should have known before I go but nobody mentioned it anywhere. I would recommend it? it depends to whom.....Special Features:
- absolutely flawless..delicioso!shankiVIPDined on 9/20/2013absolutely flawless..delicioso! muy rico! My husband is from Buenos Aires and said this was the best Argentinian restaurant in all of South Florida! and believe me, we've tried them all! fabuloso!Special Features:
- Needs Definite ImprovementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2013Our group was looking forward to an Argentinian meal and based on the numerous positive reviews we were looking forward to visiting this restaurant. Unfortunately this bistro needs definite improvement on both the food and service. The rib-eye was disappointing - tasteless and the skirt steak extremely rare and not cooked to our specifications . The bread accompanying our meal was the highlight. Our waiter recommended a bottle of wine which we felt was overpriced. After our entrees were served, the waiter did not show up until we were ready to leave. At that point we decided to skip dessert. Guests have to pay for metered parking.
- The ambience of this restaurantRichardHDined on 9/4/2013The ambience of this restaurant is either to your liking as it was ours or you will hate it. Spartan with minimal frills would best describe, but still warm. The wait staff was friendly and attentive and the owner stopped by each table several times to make sure all guests were satisfied. The food however was the attraction. Morcilla and sweebreads appetizers were great and the beef entree was as good as I remembered from Buenos Aires dining, flavorful and perfectly done to our liking. Do yourself a favor and try this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Argentinian Meal Not Worth It.foodiefiendDined on 8/31/2013Extremely overpriced for the quality of food & slow service. The restaurant was busy for a weekend however since the place was small with maybe 20+ tables, we would have expected much more timely service of our entrees and appetizers. After a lengthy wait our dinner arrived. I was served a plain steak without any garnish on a colossal platter overflowing with french fries. The vegetables accompanying one of our friends entrees was flavorless. The empanadas were cold. For a restaurant specializing in meats from Argentina we expected our steaks to melt in our mouth. Hardly. This place is average. Execution and food quality needs to improve.
- Don't expect Ruth Chris or Morton'sMGMGrandDined on 8/31/2013Generally we eat at Morton's or Ruth Chris' when we are in the mood for a great steak but since we had seen the positive reviews of this new Argentinian restaurant we thought we would give it a try. Mistake. My husband and I are both Spanish and the only redeeming feature was the pleasant service by Julio? We had hoped to savor a true Argentinian meal. Our entree of skirt steaks was mediocre. Tasteless. Also the vegetables consisted primarily of cauliflower with one or two pieces of broccoli thrown in. Although the restaurant is cute - I liked the fresh flowers and orchids, the food just wasn't worth the price.
- A lucky findscotty75nyDined on 8/24/2013I have lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 5 years and dine out regularly. This past weekend I wanted to try something new and came across this location on Open Table. While it is in my neighborhood I was not aware they were there, they must have opened pretty recently. This restaurant was quite a find. While in a very unassuming strip mall, when you walk in you are treated to an intimate, relaxed but upscale enviornment. I was greeted immediately by a friendly guy. He took time to explain the menu to me as well as their relatively extensive wine list. I had steak with pepercorn sauce. Not only was it delisious but the portion size was quite generous, bring your appetite. Also, a great value! Do not hesitate to give this place a try!Special Features:
- VERY GOODmarcheloDined on 7/25/2013we went we no expectations. Great surprise.FOOD and Service Excellent.Special Features:
- fabulous & friendlytikismomDined on 7/10/2013thrilled from beginning to end: salsa served with bread is yummy. tried the empanadas because reviews were so good & liked the chicken better than the beef, but both were good. skirt steak was delish (we had salad instead of fries & it was awesome). gnocchi was wonderful. also had canneloni which was good, but a little too sweet for us. speaking of sweet, do not skip dessert: have the panqueue de manzana (apple crepe) but make sure you order vanilla ice cream to go with it! Our server Julio was so accommodating & all the staff (including owner) were there for you, not their egos. This will become our new go to place especially since they have tasty homemade pasta & great skirt steaks priced right & not to break the bank.Special Features:
- DELICIOUS!!EchoDined on 6/27/2013This place blew away my expectations. I went there expecting good food, what ended up on our table was GREAT food. Everything tasted fresh and made in house. The service was fantastic, very attentive to our table's needs at the right times and was on par with the food. One of the best meals I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat EatersdrhdhomeVIPDined on 6/22/2013Nice decor. The chimichurri and house sauce were very tasty. The empanadas were ok. One of the ribs was a bit cold. The Sorrentinos ("very large raviolis") were tasty, but not as large as they are supposed to be (they should be twice as large, or bigger). In fact, they were too expensive for the size. I ordered a house salad that never came.The panqueques (crepes) were ok. The place filled up fast and it seemed they were not ready for such a crowd. It's a new restaurant. As an expert in Argentinean food, I would say this restaurant has potential, but management may need to make some adjustments to be successful and stay afloat in the future. To avoid paying for parking, look for spaces along the south side. Otherwise, bring quarters.
- Excellent DinnerK2okDined on 6/16/2013We had a wonderful dinner at BA Argentinean Bistro recently. Started with delicious beef empanadas. We requested them to be fried rather than baked and the pastry was flaky and the filling juicy and well flavored. Our main dishes were a fillet of yellowtail and skirt steak with French fries and chimichurri sauce. The fish was perfectly prepared and sauced and the beef was full of flavor. We had a couple of glasses of a fine malbec that our server recommended to us. Dessert was a shared portion of one of the best tiramisu we have every tasted. We loved the meal. The service was excellent and the owner came to our table and introduced himself. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/16/2013We took our dad for Father's Day, and he loved it! It was really good. It's a bit expensive, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013The restaurant is small, but the decor and atmosphere is very nice. Staff was very attentive and all the food was delicious. We will be going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/26/2013The food is excellent and extremely friendly service. The atmosphere is comfortable and elegant. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing but still newFLLdinerVIPDined on 5/11/2013Ambience is nice and service is good. Paella was very disappointing. It was soupy, lacked flavor. Some friends who happened to show at the same time were disappointed too. They were also charged for an extra bottle of wine which was corrected. Overall, we had high hopes. In fairness they are new and some of us (out of the eight) did like their entrees.
- So soSunshineDined on 5/4/2013I was looking for a great steak and was disappointed with the Ribeye. There was not much taste and there was a lot of grizzle in it and the presentation could have been better. It was not worth they money nor the drive there.Special Features:
- Great findFOEONEDined on 3/27/2013Great find! Thank you Open Table. We were personally greeted by the owner who was surprised to know his place was on your radar.Special Features: