B Zu Cafe fka Zucca Ristorante
186 Castro St
Mountain View, CA 94041Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
B Zu Cafe fka Zucca Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bzucafe.com/
- Phone: 6508649940
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11:00AM-3:00PM
DINNER: Sunday 4:00-9:00 PM
Friday & Saturday 4:00-10PM
BAR & PATIO HAPPY HOUR: Daily 4-7PM
SUNSET 3 COURSE MENU: 4:00-7 PM Nightly
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: J.Limon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do Catering up to 100 guests.
- Special Events: TAPA TAPA TUESDAY- BUY ONE APP, GET SMALL TAPA 1/2 OFF, BUY TWO APPS, GET ONE TAPA FREE!
LADIES NIGHT THREETEENY THURSDAYS! 3 MINITINIS FOR $9 LADIES ONLY ALL NIGHT
TAPA TAPA DINNERS ALSO! (see Tapa Tuesday for details)
SATURDAY-SUNDAY: WEEKEND LUNCH SERVED NOW!
A word from B Zu Cafe fka Zucca Ristorante
B Zu Cafe's comfy restaurant is a neighborhood favorite with locals who appreciate diverse cuisine highlighting influences from the South of France, Italy, Spain, Turkey and Greece. The long-time staff offers gracious, professional service in a laid back casual environment and B Zu Cafe's dishes remain reasonably priced. The restaurant's classic decor is romantically lit by sconces on a wall-length mirror. The dining room tables are draped in linen, and outdoor patio seating is available. B Zu Cafe is known to be an excellent destination for business luncheons, happy hour cocktails, "Fat-cat" martinis & tapas. Dinner entree highlights include Marsala, Fresh Fish, Steaks, Lamb Shank. We offer an affordable Sunset Fixed menu daily for patrons attending the Mountain View Center for Performing Arts (or just enjoying Mountain View). We offer event catering for any occasion, and the restaurant is available for buy-outs. We hope to see you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B Zu Cafe fka Zucca Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- B Zu is a good, reliable restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2012B Zu is a good, reliable restaurant. There is no other place that gives you upscale sensibilities at a moderate price for miles around. It's a small menu, but well conceived. The service is above average and the ambience is nice with crisp white tablecloths and candles. A good place to meet an old friend for a heart to heart. Could use perhaps a few pasta dishes, but I will still go back.Special Features:
- I went with a group of friendsfoodcriticDined on 8/30/2012I went with a group of friends to celebrate a birthday and we had a very enjoyable evening. Good food, very nice and attentive service. All of us find it a place where we would like to come back as a group or independent.Special Features:
- Good place, a cut above theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2012Good place, a cut above the MV restaurants on Castro, not at the level of, say, Cascal, and not nearly as French as the name would suggest. But worth a stop. And the service was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- We went on a Monday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/16/2012We went on a Monday night and there were only 4 other tables occupied so business was really slow. The service was good but I think the waitress could have checked in sooner to take our order. Food was decent but it took a long time for them to have our entrees served. The food could also have been much hotter when served. It was okay, nothing special. I had higher expectations.
- Great service....Not so great foodAmerDined on 7/14/2012Service was great but the food was not. The Gyro had very little meat and mostly greens. (Compared to other Gyro joints) We ordered the mussels for an appetizer and honestly there were not a lot maybe 15 or so. Again comparing to other places that serve a similar dish. We also ordered the grilled Salmon entree with a side of Falafel, the Salmon was super dry and the Falafel was barely cooked. Falafel was very mushy in the middle and way soft, The outside was not even crispy. Desert was Ok and could have been better. In general the food and the portions where not that great (Not asking for crazy large portions but something that would justify the cost) Not really sure we would ever return to this place.
- We had a nice experience there,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2012We had a nice experience there, using a coupon deal. Food was very good, service a little slow, but friendly. There was a large group near us and the restaurant was very noisy, given that it was a busy Friday night. Pleasant, modern decor. The "banana baklava" was outstanding!Special Features:
- B'Zu has a Sunset Dinner menuSusanneVIPDined on 6/23/2012B'Zu has a Sunset Dinner menu for $19.95 which has a good range of choices. The food is well prepared and tasty. The service on the night we were there was excellent. Also, the wine list has many quite reasonable choices. Our wine-by-the-glass was a generous pour!
- The food portions were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012The food portions were very generous. The vegetables nicely good, still with some crunch to them. The salmon could have been cooked a minute less; it was not as moist as it could have been.Special Features:
- The food was good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/11/2012The food was good, but the lunch service was so poor that I won't be returning.
- We made a 8pm dinner reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2012We made a 8pm dinner reservation for 4 people. We arrived at 7:50pm but did not get seated till 8:30pm. Then we were told that they ran out of Bass, Shrimp and Lamb for the main dishes. If they told us when we arrived, we could come back other days and won't wasted 4 people's time. The salmon was OK but the Gyro we overcooked.
- I've been going here for aboutJayneDined on 6/7/2012I've been going here for about 7 years and the quality of food and service has always been excellent. Salmon or chicken wraps on the lunch menu are very tasty. Martini's are also very good!Special Features:
- A very positive experiencedinerVIPDined on 6/6/2012We came with a promotional dinner coupon and were treated extremely well, unlike some restaurants who seem glad to get your business, then treat you like second class citizens once you walk in the door. The staff clearly worked hard to ensure that we were happy, being flexible about the promotion and attending to every detail of our experience. It was delightful, the food was very good and we will gladly return.Special Features:
- Food was okay. Nothing toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2012Food was okay. Nothing to write home about. I Had the angus steak. It was a bit above average.Special Features:
- New owners were part of theKalSandhuVIPDined on 5/26/2012New owners were part of the staff when this place was called Zucca. Great team.Special Features:
- This is the restaurant thatconsultcjsDined on 5/24/2012This is the restaurant that used to be Zucca's. The menu is similar. The salad was small and the lamb was kind of dry. The service was excellent. I would still try it again.Special Features:
- We were two for lunch, andKayWDined on 5/14/2012We were two for lunch, and as most patrons were sitting outside, it was quiet inside. We had two different wraps - the Mediterranean and the lamb kofte, and they were superb. Full of aroma, hot and fresh. They came with salad greens in a light vinaigrette which was also delightful. I didn't care too much for my cup of lentil soup; it was somewhat bland. Good service.Special Features:
- My lamburger was very goodGourmetDined on 5/8/2012My lamburger was very good and generous but the portions of other parties at my table were very small: the chicken kebab was one skewer of chicken slivers, instead of cubes, the lamb wrap was the smallest I have seen.Service was good in general but the busboy insisted in taking away my plate when my husband asked him twice not to so that he could eat my fries.
- Food was acceptable, but notMtnmadDined on 5/4/2012Food was acceptable, but not special. The less ambitious dishes seemed better than those with higher price tags . Good bread!
- Great visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012My family had gone to the Mountain View Center for Performing Arts and decided to have an early dinner afterward. The staff was inviting. Our waiter was a total gentleman. The service was quick and we were attended to throughout our meal without feeling pestered. The cuisine was delicious.Special Features:
- We were able to conduct aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2012We were able to conduct a business meeting during our lunch which makes me come back.Special Features:
- The food was excellent asJoanDined on 3/29/2012The food was excellent as well as the service. All of us were pleased with the restaurant. The only confusion was that on open table the restaurant is called Z Cafe but when you get to the restaurant, it's called Zumma. Please correct so there would be less confusion.Special Features:
- There aren't any changes toOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/10/2012There aren't any changes to the food, service, or menu...it is still Zucca.
- Great Lunch!!Foodie1836Dined on 3/7/2012I always enjoy their delicious food and excellent service - a place I definitely recommend and want to go back to. This is a great place to go for a business lunch as the service is efficient and professional. The bread is fresh baked and worth the wait if a new batch is coming out of the oven.Special Features:
- I always enjoy the upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/11/2012I always enjoy the upscale ambiance of Zucca and doubly so because the prices are so reasonable. The tomato bread soup is outstanding. Many of the Greek-influenced dishes are fresh looks at classic recipes, so they may not always be what you expect but they will be delicious. The service is excellent as well.Special Features:
- Made a reservation for a pre-theatrBerniefoodieDined on 2/10/2012Made a reservation for a pre-theatre meal. Service was very efficient. Hummus with pitas and dolmas were delicious. My husband had the sea bass which was delicious. I enjoyed the butternut squash ravioli with a cream sauce. A very delightful meal and plenty of time to get to our show on time. We would definitely return and greatly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- A Destination SpotFoodie1836Dined on 2/9/2012This is the fourth restaurant I have been to on this busy street packed with restaurants. It is the first one that I liked and better yet, the first I can rave about. The salmon was cooked to perfection and the salad dressing was just right in every way - smooth and complimentary to the fish. The bread was light, warm, and delicious. Our waiter was attentive and very personable. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and time spent eating it and look forward to returning. This will definitely be a destination for me.Special Features:
- Great veggie small plates.ManiVIPDined on 2/7/2012Great veggie small plates. The Ela Pita is amazing. Excellent service and loved their Malbec!Special Features:
- Pleasant atmosphere and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/4/2012Pleasant atmosphere and good service. Our entree (my wife and I split it as we often do), grilled salmon, had a tasty salsa topping that complemented the fish nicely. The sides, roasted veggies and a rice pilaf, we're also quite good. The entree was served on separate plates for each of us, divided equally, so it was as if we'd ordered separate entrees. Negatives were my wife's Caesar salad which was very ordinary, and our wine, an Argentine red 1/2 bottle for $22, that wasn't great and had sediment at the bottom. The ambiance inside was OK but I would choose outside seating if possible, weather permitting, since it's more upbeat and pleasant with all the activity and people passing by. We'd always been outside for our previous visits.Special Features:
- I went to dinner at ZuccaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/3/2012I went to dinner at Zucca with seven other friends and had a blast! Wonderful waitstaff, great food, good wine. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- I met a friend there for lunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/22/2011I met a friend there for lunch, and the service was not very good. Our waiter was no where to be found once we ordered. It took over 20 minutes to get soup and salad. When we finished, we wanted to order dessert but the waiter never came around. My friend got up & went to the back & ended up finding the owner, who apologized. We asked him to rush our dessert order. 20 minutes later still no dessert. Again my friend had to go find our waiter He said "they don't do rush orders". He finally came with them, and blamed the slowness on the kitchen. I wonder what his reason was for never checking on us?I would not go there again.
- I took a group of 15 herefranmacDined on 12/21/2011I took a group of 15 here for a christmas lunch. Food was fabulos and service was very good. Only complaint was that the place was a little cold at 11.30am but it heated up fast.Special Features:
- Zucca appears to be transformingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/17/2011Zucca appears to be transforming into more of a Greek restaurant. The mezzes are still very good, although the lamb kefte was a tad dry. Excellent pita and dips though! Our friend's lamb burger was huge and delicious, and our sea bass was also very good and expertly fileted at the table. We were disappointed that they didn't have lamb shanks that night, but we'll be back when they finish with their changes in the new year.Special Features:
- We always have a good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/16/2011We always have a good meal and a good time at Zucca's.Special Features:
- The wraps served at lunchJayneDined on 12/16/2011The wraps served at lunch are awesome! A nice salad comes with it. The only thing I don't like about this place is the high price for iced tea - $3.50. Wow. Also the numerous times I've ordered diet Coke, it's been flat and off-tasting. I usually end up sending it back and asking for iced tea. Oh, their martinis are $8.50. Not sure why they have to charge so much.Special Features:
- Good foodPleasedAgainDined on 12/8/2011I took 5 customers there for a lunch. There are a number of selections to choose from for the main course, but seems as though many of the apps are nearly the identical. I chose the lamb for my meal. It would have been great if they weren't smothered in mushrooms. For some that's yummy, for me...not so much. Maybe I just missed it, but I didn't see them listed on the menu. Overall, good place with nice people.
- They have excellent wrapsJayneDined on 11/2/2011They have excellent wraps for lunch and the side salad has a very light but tasty dressing. I always order the salmon wrap.Special Features:
- downtown lunch spot in Mt. ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2011I was looking for a good lunch spot for a business lunch. Zucca was great. There was outside seating, near sidewalk - but we chose to sit inside. It was quiet; the staff was nice and the service was efficient. Nice neighborhood spot in downtown Mountain View.Special Features:
- Zucca - an Hellenic surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2011I haven't eaten at Zucca's for quite some time so it was a lovely dining surprise that awaited a friend and me for a Wednesday pre-theater dinner. Zucca had switched to an all Greek menu, which was truly enticing with its various offerings, including small plates. We shared several small plates and split a delicious chicken soulavki kebob. The latter dish was excellent - chicken moist and flavorful. Our waitress made sure that we left Zucca by 7:10 pm, which gave us time to walk to the Center for Performing Arts nearby. I will definitely return to Zucca's in the future.Special Features:
- good food. Nice servuce. goodfoodcriticDined on 10/21/2011good food. Nice servuce. good wine recomandation. great desert - banana baklava.Special Features:
- 1. The staff seemed not toOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/22/20111. The staff seemed not to be well informed. The server was not aware of the 30% discount dining thru Open Table when I informed her before we ordered, as was reccomended by Open Table when I made the reservation. She said she would inform the manager. We had to remind her once we received the bill & saw that the discount had NOT been taken from the total. She did take care of the mistake, but it was awkward. 2.Menu stated "caramelized red onions": not only did the server not know to inform me the chef did not have red onions that evening, but they served it grilled, not caramelized - I had specifically asked the server for EXTRA caramelized red onions when ordering... 3. Had to ask for a steak knife. Got it after a long wait.